Which Book are you Curently reading now?

Jump to Last Post 1-37 of 37 discussions (42 posts)
  1. sahu12 profile image61
    sahu12posted 12 years ago

like to know the book that is keeping you busy always

1. alisha4u profile image39
      alisha4uposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am reading "Revolution 2020" b Chetan Bhagat !! It's really good

2. DonnaCosmato profile image87
    DonnaCosmatoposted 12 years ago

I'm a book reviewer for several Christian publishing houses so my reading habits tend to focus on whatever book/topic I've been assigned. Right now I'm reading Then Sings My Soul, The Story of Our Songs: Drawing Strength from the Great Hymns of Our Faith, Book 3 by Robert J. Morgan.

3. anjperez profile image65
    anjperezposted 12 years ago

I just got "Losing My Virginity" By Richard Branson. But I think it is just the same as his "Oh Screw it. Let's Do it". Oh well. I should have thought hard before I bought it.

1. Tara Anderton profile image60
      Tara Andertonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

haha i am going to check you out on blogspot.

4. Kris Heeter profile image72
    Kris Heeterposted 12 years ago

I usually have a couple going at once...

Fiction:  Sandra Brown's "Envy"

Non-Fiction:  Richard Louv  "Last Child In The Woods"

5. Shanna11 profile image77
    Shanna11posted 12 years ago

I've got 'books' not 'book'.

In between Gardner's Art Through the Ages and a Chemistry textbook, I've been reading Under the Dome by Stephen King, The Galactic Mage by John Daulton and a book called Wizard's First Rule that my friend recommended (although to tell you the truth, the author's writing sucks).

6. sahu12 profile image61

right now am reading "your skin is calling for help", this is a very interesting book, tell you all that you need to have a glowing skin.

7. Tara Anderton profile image60
    Tara Andertonposted 12 years ago

I'm reading Cecelia Ahern - If you could see me now and I have to say I'm not loving it! I love to read but just cant seem to get into it.
    I just finished reading Danielle Steel's Hotel Vendome and even though I'm a huge DS fan I only thought it was ok. But her previous Happy Birthday was awesome.
    I love contemporary romances!

8. vespawoolf profile image93
    vespawoolfposted 12 years ago

I'm reading "I am Half Sick of Shadows", Alan Bradley's latest Flavia De Luce novel. too cute!

9. JamaGenee profile image78
    JamaGeneeposted 12 years ago

I just finished the biography "Edward R. Murrow: An American Original" and am now midway through Julia Child's "My Life in France" about the years she and her husband lived in Paris that were the inspiration for her career teaching America how to cook French.

1. JayeWisdom profile image90
      JayeWisdomposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I absolutely loved "My Life in France", even though I read it after I saw the Meryl Streep movie about Julia Child. Another you may want to read is A Covert Affair, which is mostly about the time Julia and Paul Child spent in the diplomatic service. It's very interesting, and casts a more thorough light on that period of their lives than anything I'd read before.

10. seanorjohn profile image71
    seanorjohnposted 12 years ago

"The man who knew too much". It's a fascinating biography about Alan Turing who did the maths needed for computers and cracked the Enigma code and hence shortened the Second World War. Shabbily treated by the British authorities and eventually committed suicide.

11. golfcart34 profile image66
    golfcart34posted 12 years ago

The one I'm currently reading is called, "Make It So. Leadership Lessons from Star Trek the Next Generation" by Wess Roberts Ph.D. and Bill Ross.  I picked it up for $0.75 on half.com and so far it is a very interesting book that puts a unique spin on leadership in the workplace.

12. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 12 years ago

For fiction, I'm reading "The Galactic Mage" by John Daulton (HubPages own Shadesbreath).

For non-fiction, I'm making my way through the Selected Writings of Dorothy Day.

Both wonderful.

1. lorlie6 profile image72
      lorlie6posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey, Motown!  Shadesbreath has been by fav Hubber forever!!!  Can't wait to read his "Galactic Maze."
      My current read is Michael Lee West's "Crazy Ladies"-I think it's my 3rd or 4th reading.

13. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

I'm currently reading "The Healing Power of Pets" by Dr. Marty Becker.  On my way home the other day, someone was getting rid of some books so I saved this one from being thrown away.  There were a lot of children's books.. I hope someone with children or grandchildren walked by and saved those books as well.

14. TamCor profile image80
    TamCorposted 12 years ago

I'm re-reading "What the Night Knows", by Dean Koontz.  I have re-read every one of his books, most more than once! big_smile

15. Michael J Rapp profile image61
    Michael J Rappposted 12 years ago

I'm reading Steve Jobs's biography.  I only just started it but it's pretty interesting so far.  No fiction right now.

16. savanahl profile image66
    savanahlposted 12 years ago

e.e. cummings revisited

17. couturepopcafe profile image61
    couturepopcafeposted 12 years ago

Re-reading Michael Crichton's State of Fear

18. skinsman82000 profile image73
    skinsman82000posted 12 years ago

Twilight of the Gods by Erich Von Daniken

19. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Some great books and authors so far on this thread!

I just finished reading Don't Look Twice by Andrew Gross and it is well worth a read.

He co-authored a few books with James Patterson (who I'm in awe of) and when he followed me on Twitter, I just had to get a hold of at least one his books.

Oh he followed me probably because I have several book sites (not hubs) that are on Google's front page. If I was an author I'd follow me too! lol

20. TheMagician profile image88
    TheMagicianposted 12 years ago

I'm reading two - I like to switch between books.

WASHER MOUTH: The Man Who Was a Washing Machine by Kevin Donihe
    I'm Going to Clone Myself then Kill the Clone and Eat It by Sam Pink

Yes, those are real books. I read weird stuff most of the time... Bizzaro fiction, to be correct. I guess it comes with the territory of being one of those "weird" teenagers lol

As for normal stuff, I finished reading a book called Jerk, California last week. Very good, about a young man with Tourettes who finds himself. Very inspiring smile

21. Johnnyd44 profile image45
    Johnnyd44posted 12 years ago

Love business biographies and history.  Reading God and Guinness, A Biography of the Beer That Changed the World.

When I feel like breaking away from non-fiction (about 4 times a year), I can't stop picking up a John D. McDonald book, particularly from the Travis McGee series.

22. Daughter Of Maat profile image95
    Daughter Of Maatposted 12 years ago

Medical physiology is my current light reading. Although I alternate between the physiology and biochemistry. I'm pretty boring.

23. D22314 profile image61
    D22314posted 12 years ago

Stephen King's newest, about JFK

24. JayeWisdom profile image90
    JayeWisdomposted 12 years ago

I'm a fast reader, so nearly always finish a book in one sitting. However, the one I finished reading last night was begun a bit late the previous evening, so got held over. It's title is THE MAN WHO CREATED SHERLOCK HOLMES: The Life and Times of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, by Andrew Lycett. 

As an enthusiast of all things Sherlockian, I've been interested in Conan Doyle for some time and read many bios of him before this one. I'm please to report that Lycett captured a fascinating and thorough study of Doyle, a man of many contradictions, helped by his access to archived personal papers of his subject that were not released to prior biographers. I highly recommend this biography to other Sherlockians!

25. xstatic profile image61
    xstaticposted 12 years ago

Hi,
    I just finished The Worst Hard Time by Timothy Egan. It is a fascinating  chronicle of the people who stayed in the huge area in the middle of the country called the Dust Bowl in the 1930s. Great book!

26. mmcalli0 profile image61
    mmcalli0posted 12 years ago

I am currently reading "Soldiers Live", the final book of Glen Cooks Black Company series. It's a great fantasy series and I recommend checking it out if you have not already. Unlike some fantasy authors Cook writes in plain english while still telling a great story.

27. tohimilook profile image59
    tohimilookposted 12 years ago

I am reading the African-American Family in Slavery and Emancipation by Wilma Dunaway.  The horror of the slave trade and the destruction of the black slave family.

28. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 12 years ago

Steve Kluger's "My Most Excellent Year" - It's really cute and funny.

29. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

"Which Book are you Curently reading now?"

I have fallen woefully behind in this regard.

1. xstatic profile image61
      xstaticposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey, by Walter Mosley, author of the Easy Rawlins series and many more. A great story teller.

30. Jonathan Janco profile image60
    Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years ago

Beyond 2012 by Geoff Stray
    Disappearance of the Universe by Gary Renard
    The Urantia Book comes in the mail tomorrow.

31. sahu12 profile image61

still reading "The Mafia Manager". so far so good the book is very interesting and educating.tactics of succeeding in your businesses in the Mafia way.

32. ashleeosborn profile image60
    ashleeosbornposted 12 years ago

The Red Tent by Anita Diamant. Only a few chapters in, but it's really good so far. I have a feeling I may just fall in love with it.

33. farmloft profile image68
    farmloftposted 12 years ago

Secretariat by William Nack, trying to finish it before this year's Kentucky Derby

34. Eric Calderwood profile image79
    Eric Calderwoodposted 12 years ago

Too many non-fiction books to list, but the fiction book I'm reading right now is David Copperfield by Charles Dickens.  I've read the condensed version before and loved it.  Now I'm reading the complete and unabridged version, love it too.

35. shaylove727 profile image61
    shaylove727posted 11 years ago

I'm reading erotic poetry a book I'm getting ready to publish.

36. profile image0
    jomineposted 11 years ago

I'm reading 'The great gatsby', the intelligent investor, the theory of unemployment, interest and money by Keynes, guerilla warfare by che guevera and a book on body language.

37. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 11 years ago

I have a keen interest in reading book related to literature and Biology but in these days I am reading the translation of Holy Quran in which God talks to humans. It's the nice thing to consider God Almighty orders.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)