Top 12 reasons to vote democrat

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (113 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 12 years ago

So true...

"When your family or friends cannot explain why they voted democrat,
    give them this list and they can pick a reason from this "TOP 12".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

1. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon
    of gas at 15% isn't.

2. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

3. I voted Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

4. I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from
    murderers and thieves.

5. I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt
    away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

6. I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

7. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits, and we should take away the social security from those who paid into it.

8. I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.

9. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

10.. I voted Democrat because I think that it's better to pay billions to people who hate us for their oil, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, gopher or fish.

11. I voted Democrat because while we live in the greatest, most wonderful country in the world, I was promised "HOPE AND CHANGE".

12. I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my ***, it's unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view"

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
      Barbara Kayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I would vote Republican if they could get a decent candidate. So far I haven't seen one.

1. stclairjack profile image77
        stclairjackposted 12 years agoin reply to this

amen!

2. profile image0
      HowardBThinameposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Love it.  Unfortunately, as someone mentioned, we don't have a strong GOP candidate right now. Our country could sure use another Reagan right about now.  Speaking of which, what is the Misery Index right now? When Reagan got in - Carter had run the index pretty high, but Reagan was able to bring it down during his term. I think GWB brought it down slightly but I'm not sure what's happened under Obama. If he's like most Dems - the Misery Index will be up, however.

1. pylos26 profile image70
        pylos26posted 12 years agoin reply to this

The misery index certainly dropped for five thousand plus soldiers GWB shipped over to soddamland.

g

1. uncorrectedvision profile image61
          uncorrectedvisionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There have been fewer than 4500 US fatalities in Iraq since that war began in 2003.  (260 of which have occurred since Obama's inauguration)

There have been fewer than 2000 fatalities in Afghanistan since the beginning of that war. ( 1259 of which have occurred since Obama's inauguration)

http://icasualties.org/

There are many people who no longer suffer Obama's Misery Index.

http://bostonherald.com/news/opinion/op … position=0

The 36,909 people who killed themselves in 2009 - I wonder how many lost all hope and went for the big change.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/suicide.htm

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
            Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You forgot to list how many innocent citizens were killed in those two wars.  Purely an oversight I bet.  But then, you probably don't care anyway.

You got something right today.

At least one of us did!

3. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Unbelievable. Is it deliberate, or have you inadvertently ignored the 'mistakes' of the republican party. I could actually agree with you on many points, have you had said that the democrats had followed, to some extent, the policies of the republicans. If you were an independent or a green, I could see your point. But, Onusonus, just like the people you accuse, you are indoctrinated.

4. SparklingJewel profile image66
      SparklingJewelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

...well we need to vote Ron Paul and abolish political parties and all work together to "follow the Constitution" and help our fellow human beings to help themselves, and care for those that need it until they can do better-you know, live by the Golden Rule  big_smile   where's the debate that will accomplish those things?

1. lovemychris profile image76
        lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Where in the Constitution does it say that states can force a woman to give birth against her will?

Where is free-market capitalism written in the Constitution as the way to govern??

5. Jeff Berndt profile image73
      Jeff Berndtposted 12 years agoin reply to this

1. I voted Republican because I believe the government should keep subsidizing oil companies, even though their profits are way up.

2. I voted Republican because I believe the best people to run the government are those with a vested interest in proving that government doesn't work.

3. I voted Republican because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as you don't say anything bad about the military or the President (if the President is a Republican), or say anything good about poor people or gay people.

4. I voted Republican because we don't need police, and I don't want to pay their salaries and pensions with my tax dollars. My own gun will be a magical talisman to protect everyone from drunk drivers, catch criminals, etc.

5. I voted Republican because I believe that people who don't believe that science is real are the best people to make decisions about environmental policy.

6. I voted Republican because I'm not concerned about babies after they're born.

7. I voted Republican because I think deporting illegal aliens will fix every economic problem in the USA. Oh, and we should take away the social security from those who paid into it.

8. I voted Republican because I believe that business should not be allowed not to make profits for themselves. They need to be profitable, and if they can't make an honest profit, we need to change the rules so that they can legally commit fraud and make a profit that way. If they can't turn a profit even though they're allowed to swindle people, we'll take money from the people and give it to the failing businesses so they'll be able to give their executives the bonuses they deserve for their excellent work that wrecked not only the company but also the economy at large.

9. I voted Republican because I don't believe judges should be allowed to make the Constitution apply equally to people I don't like.

10.. I voted Republican because I think that it's better to pay billions to people who hate us for their oil, but not do our best to develop renewable sources of energy so that we can start exporting energy instead of importing it.

11. I voted Republican because while we live in the greatest, most wonderful country in the world, I want to roll back the clock to a mythical golden age, like in the 1950s, except I forgot about the racism, sexism, segregation, etc. Oh, and I'd be really really mad if tax rates returned to what they were back then... Heck, I really have no idea.

12. I voted Republican because my head is so firmly planted up my ***, it's unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view"

See, it's really easy to make these jokes by taking a group's real ideas, exaggerating them to the point of ludicrousness, and pretending that the exaggerations are the real ideas.

It's entertaining, but it's not all that helpful.

1. profile image0
        Onusonusposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The first list was funnier, yours is just a lame rebuttal.

2. Pcunix profile image92
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

I vote Democrat because only fools vote Republican.

1. profile image0

See reason #12. wink

1. Pcunix profile image92
        Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh, trust me, I saw that.  That's exactly why I responded as I did.

Not that there has never been a good Republican candidate.  I hope someday they excise the yahoos from their party so that they can once again be a reasonable choice for reasonable pople.

Not that any of that would matter to you, of course.

3. aguasilver profile image71
    aguasilverposted 12 years ago

Well as  Brit, I can't vote Democrat, but if I could it would be so that I could see America reduced to a shell of it's former glory after the next Civil War.

1. profile image0

That would do the trick.

2. uncorrectedvision profile image61

It currently is a shell of its former glory.

3. profile image0
      JaxsonRaineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I hope you're not serious... If America gets worse, it hurts the world economy.

One reason the Eu is struggling is the inextricable link between US and European economies.  This is part of Angela Merkle's exasperation toward Obama.  The other aspect is probably his superiority and arrogance - especially toward strong women, just ask Jan Brewer.

1. Mighty Mom profile image76
          Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I sincerely doubt President Obama views Jan Brewer as a strong woman.
          At least, not in the positive sense of the word "strong."

Considering how he has treated Angela Merkel and Jan Brewer I would imagine he privately refers to both of them in the vernacular.

That Angel Merkel.
              Who does she think she is, Goldilocks?
              George W. Bush and his impromptu shoulder massages = too soft
              Barack Obama and his no-budge tough guy stance = too hard
              Maybe the next POTUS will be "just right"
              lol

2. lovemychris profile image76

Obama has done more for women than any pres I can think of. At home, and in the military.

ps: obnoxious doesn't equal strong. Nor does corrupt. That Brewer Broad needs looking into!

You are right - there are more women on food stamps and unemployed in decades - mission accomplished Barry.

But government doesn't create jobs, the private sector creates jobs.
              How can this be Barry's fault?

Uh huh...keep telling yourself that. You may believe it, we women know better.

We know who did what to this economy, and it wasn't Obama!

(here's a clue): GOB

Good'Ole'Boys.
              OR..OBC: Oil Boys Club

Or this: GBC's:
              God Boys Captives.....

Pick any....they're all the same.

3. lovemychris profile image76

Here's your culprit:

"As The New York Times uncovered in 2006, the 2003 Bush dividend and capital gains tax cuts offered almost nothing to taxpayers earning below $100,000 a year. Instead, those windfalls reduced taxes "on incomes of more than $10 million by an average of about $500,000." As the Times explained, "The top 2 percent of taxpayers, those making more than $200,000, received more than 70% of the increased tax savings from those cuts in investment income." It's no wonder that between 2001 and 2007—a period during which poverty was rising and average household income had fallen—the 400 richest taxpayers saw their incomes double to an average of $345 million even as their effective tax rate was virtually halved. As The Washington Post noted, "The 400 richest taxpayers in 2008 counted 60 percent of their income in the form of capital gains and 8 percent from salary and wages. The rest of the country reported 5 percent in capital gains and 72 percent in salary.
              The inevitable result of plummeting tax rates overall and on capital gains in particular, as The Washington Post documented in its jaw-dropping series "Breaking Away," has been widening the chasm between the rich and everyone else in America"

Didn't happen because of Obama...he is trying to stop the immense bleeding of the 99%...with no help from the so-called "job creators", I might add.

And FINALLY...I found the facts of what I knew to be true...my downfall, which began in 2003, was directly the result of Bushco's policies.
              Not Obama...not even close.

1. American View profile image60
                American Viewposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LMC,
                Well I am sure you will not like this response, b ut nothing new there. How many people do you think make over 10 million dollars a year? A handful at best.  The $500,000 saving on the 10 mill is correct by the way. So instead of paying 2.5 million dollars in taxes, that person will pay 2 million dollars in taxes. That person pays more in taxes in one year than you will make in several lifetimes. But OK lets have it your way. He has to pay the old rate, he and the other 5 or 6 making that much per year. So that will add say 4 million into the revenues , Yea that will balance the budget and it will even pay the national debt overnight . NOT!!!  And so what he only pay 15% Capital Gains Tax. Do you have a clue how much money he had to put at risk to earn that money? Around 150 million dollars OF HIS OWN MONEY THAT HE EARNED AND PAID TAXES ON ALREADY PROBABLY AROUNG 39%. Do you understand if his invest loses, he loses his OWN MONEY, not the taxpayers money on something like Solydra. You know, you bitch about Bush, but at least he was smart enough to know to not spend money on them!!  Let’s not forget without those investments, jobs will not be created or kept, like the job you have now.
                If you do not think every American is benefiting from a lower capital gains tax, you are sorely mistaken.  I suggest you read up on everything that falls under it and you will see where you are benefiting

2. American View profile image60

LMC,

OK I will bite, what has Obama done for woman?

4. steveamy profile image62
    steveamyposted 12 years ago

I vote Democratic because the Republican choices are so frightening ...

5. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

I didn't see "Because Romney is an idiot" on the list.  I wonder why? lol

1. profile image0

Yes Randy that's just got to be my only choice. And you know the reason why! You've got me all figured out. roll

And which Democratic candidate is running unopposed and has received only 80% of the vote? See the clip from CNN

http://freedomslighthouse.net/2012/01/1 … deo-11112/

6. couturepopcafe profile image60
    couturepopcafeposted 12 years ago

Very cleverly written. IMO, it applies to both sides.

7. profile image0
    Longhunterposted 12 years ago

The biggest problem in this country is us, the American people. We're fighting amongst ourselves and have managed to let the politicians have exactly what they want. It's time for us to ban together and send these pantie-waste politicians a message.

"You work for us and if you don't start listening to your bosses, we're going to send you home and the only benefits you'll have is whatever your new bosses in the private sector gives you."

Now, do we keep fight each other or make our employees do what we want?

I'm not  going to band together with people with opinions like yours, sorry.    The only Congress people I have a problem with are the ones you probably think are doing God's work - the Tea Party jerks.

1. profile image0
        Longhunterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Pcuvix, while I'm not overly enthusiastic about teaming up with you or any other liberals, I still think we're playing right into the hands of the politicians by arguing with each other.

For your information, I don't think a single person in D.C. is doing the work of God in any way whatsoever. Your god or mine.

As for the Tea Party, as I've stated before, I've never been to a Tea Party event nor do I have the desire either. I tend to do as I believe you do – think for myself. That being said, did you wake up on the wrong side of bed today, Pcunix. I seem to remember our last conversation end much civil than you're coming across here.

I'm not trying to be uncivil, but we are at cross purpose.  I see government as important, you see it as evil. How can we be together?

I have no "god", by the way smile

1. profile image0

I see government as important as well, Pcunix, not evil. I just think it should be small and as unobtrusive in our lives as possible.

As to the "Your god or mine" remark, I thought you might be an atheist but I wasn't sure. As I've stated on here before, religion or the lack thereof is a personal thing. For that reason, I try not to get into religion too much.

But I do not think it should be small.  I think that's a horrible idea.

And I also think it should interfere where needed.

So what do we team up on?

1. profile image0

Making the politicians understand they work for us or send their asses home. Take away their lifetime benefits and pay. Fixing so that they understand they're going to D.C. to represent the people who elected them, not grease their pockets and become rich.

My representatives are representing me.  You think they are doing a horrible job, I think they are doing the best they can. Even Scott Brown, who I will not vote for.

If it were not for Tea Party insanity, I think we could do fine.  I don't buy your view of the world.

1. profile image0

Fair enough and I don't buy yours. Okay, now we're even. And, again, I'm not affiliated with the Tea Party.

I've not been completely happy with my reps as I don't think they're conservative enough. I also don't agree with Obama on anything.

8. secularist10 profile image60
    secularist10posted 12 years ago

1. Government can do a lot with that money that oil companies can't or won't.

2. Depends what is meant by "do a better job," but I can't build 1,000 schools or feed 10 million hungry people. Government can.

3. I voted Republican because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as it isn't critical of traditional Christianity.

4. Smart people understand the best way to stop violence is stop its causes--poverty, lack of education, poor economic opportunities, etc. People can have their guns, but that alone won't produce a safer society.

5. I voted Republican because I dream of one day looking out at the skyline of my city and seeing what they see in Beijing--smog.

6. I voted Republican because I'm more concerned about a strand of lifeless chemicals (DNA) than finding cures for debilitating mental and physical disorders that affect thousands of people.

7. I voted Republican because I think it's feasible to deport over 10 million people without completely clogging up the court system and bringing economic activity to a standstill.

8. I voted Republican because I believe that Democrats are communists.

9. I voted Republican because I believe conservative judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters... ahem...

10. I voted Republican because I don't realize that oil is a globally traded commodity, and as such I think that any increase in oil production by the US will not be automatically matched by a decrease in production by Middle Eastern kingdoms, resulting in zero price change.

11. The greatest, most wonderful country in the world features the highest crime rate, highest poverty rate and greatest level of inequality in the industrialized world. One third of its students do not complete high school, most of its people are overweight, and most of its children will become diabetic. The greatest.

12. There are no straight ticket voters in the Republican party, are there?

P.S. I've voted for both Democrats and Republicans.

1. independentwriter profile image61
      independentwriterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

In response to position one and two, I would say that we have forgotten all of the hard work that has been done and completed by contractors in Iraq.

9. MakinBacon profile image80
    MakinBaconposted 12 years ago

I didn't Could you imagine another four years of the worst president in American history? The most clueless man ever to hold office.

The community organizer, socialist, has never been, and isn't qualified, to be president.

I thought Bush was a republican?

2. steveamy profile image62
      steveamyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Harding, Buchanan, Andrew Johnson ..... please get a grip...

10. Perspycacious profile image63
    Perspycaciousposted 12 years ago

As I recall, and I majored in History at my university alma mater, very few presidents in American History have come from the middle class.  On that basis (historically) it would be a bad bet to say that a successful American would not make a good president.  Of course, there have been weak, self-centered, poorly prepared presidents, and only a few have ever won the Nobel Peace Prize for their exemplary love of peace.  But, I think the time for charismatic talkers is over, and the time for an all-biz president is at hand.  Managing a state and a corporation should be better preparation for the presidency than managing a social service organization and winning a seat in the Senate because the opposing candidate withdrew at the last moment.

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm with you. Obama is out of ideas. I'm supporting Romney. Even Ralph Deeds, a fair-minded liberal here, commented that Mitt has the "grey matter." He also has real business experience, so I'm willing to give him a chance. I don't think we can afford many more of Obama's green jobs failures, for one thing. For a guy who's supposed to be so smart, he sure lacks the instincts necessary for making sound investments. Of course, I don't even know if you were referring to Romney in your post. You might be supporting Newt, Rick, or Paul.

11. profile image0
    Longhunterposted 12 years ago

Josak wrote: "Well your economy would quickly collapse without all the illegals especially all the farming operation who rely on their cheap labor for harvesting, especially relevant since you guys would get the south and the south holds most of the farming land."

No, we would have plenty of jobs for the taking for real Americans. We'd also be without the strain of all the illegals on our legal and medical systems.

"...you guys would get the south and the south holds most of the farming land."

Great!!! Plenty of food for us to eat or sell to those who need it.

1. kerryg profile image84
      kerrygposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"No, we would have plenty of jobs for the taking for real Americans."

It's a well known fact that "real Americans" won't take farming jobs, at least not of the sort taken by illegals. The United Farm Workers practically dared us to:

http://www.takeourjobs.org/

Farmers say the few Americans who ask them for jobs rarely last more than a day.

Basically, you can have cheap food or you can kick out all the illegals. You can't do both.

Don't waste your breath, kerryg.
        They just have to have a scapegoat for their own failings.
        The major one being failure to think through the consequences of their kneejerk emotional reactions.

Every election year it's the same blame game, designed to obfuscate the real issues.Only thing that changes is the focus of the blame.
        Notice that gay marriage isn't even on anyone's radar screen this time around?
        Nope. It's 2012 now, so we're all focused on deporting every last one of those darned Mexicans (and other south of OUR border aliens).
        Why?
        If you listen carefully, the #1 reason is that illegal aliens are sucking up all our health care resources and not paying.
        That is the single biggest (read ONLY in some people's minds) reason why health care costs are through the roof. It's the truth!

Oh yes, and they're also stealing Social Security money away from people who have paid in all their working lives.
        roll

1. profile image0

MM, the main reason I would like to see all the illegals deported is that hardly a weekend goes by that we don't have a wreck in the news that's been caused by a damn drunken illegal. Yes, I've been touched by this problem personally.

In the Nashville area, we've also had problems with home invasions by illegals. One recently included the rape of an 11-year old little girl. See below.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/c … child-rape

It's becoming more and more of a problem in the this area. Unfortunately, I work in the area of town that's been dubbed "Little Mexico." One more reason I got my permit to carry a gun.

If the problem is getting worse, wouldn't be a good idea to cut out the cause like you would a tumor BEFORE it gets too big?

I've been to CA enough to know it appears as though you folks have just given up and are letting them take over.

'Cause US citizens never drive drunk, break into homes, or rape children...

All of those things are associated more closely with poverty than citizenship status.

Anyway, deporting illegals is the least effective way of dealing with them, since they'll just be back a week or a month or a year later. Go after the employers who hire them instead. If the jobs dry up, their main reason to come to America is gone. Decriminalize drugs to break the cartels and you get rid of another.

1. profile image0

I agree we should go after the employers, kerryg. But, along with deporting those illegals found here as well. I also don't have a problem with two rows of fencing and snipers being placed along the borders.

As for decriminalizing drugs, I don't agree with that as I believe it would only cause other problems.

MM,

I know I could not get it and I paid more into SS than many people will make in their lifetime

12. junko profile image70
    junkoposted 12 years ago

I will vote democrat because Obama is a democrat. If Obama was the first black republican president I would vote republican. Why ? Obama's agenda is health care and jobs for the people even if that means WPA style GOVERNMENT jobs. The republicans say they want to protect the right of capitalism to exist without Government REGULATIONS (rules and guidelines), even if the lack of regulations and guidelines allowed Wall Street fraudsters to claim they broke no laws. I will vote democrat because those tree huggers might be right about the earth getting hotter. The EPA and republicans are like water and oil. I would vote republican if Obama was a White man and republican. I wonder if Obama was a white man would he be more respected, him and the presidency. By no stretch of imagination is Obama the worst but he is the first and inspite of the Teaparty,republican, conservative, blue dogs, yellows dogs etc. he saved the american auto industry. He regulated credit cards, healthcare, and wall street I think that was a good thing to do, so in my house we will vote democrat.

13. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

"Our enemies never stop thinking of ways to hurt us...and neither do we." George W Bush

You got that right!

14. lovemychris profile image76

"We've cut their allowance." Ronald Wilson Reagan

errrrrr, THEY pay YOU!

15. lovemychris profile image76

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind."

VP Dan "potato" Quayle

1. profile image0

Obama's Top 10 Dumbest Quotes
      (Yes, there are more. These are just the Top 10.)

10. "No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something."
      –making an off-hand joke during an appearance on "The Tonight Show", March 19, 2009 (Obama later called the head of the Special Olympics to apologize)

9. "I didn't want to get into a Nancy Reagan thing about doing any seances."
      -–after saying he had spoken with all the living presidents as he prepared to take office, Washington, D.C., Nov. 7, 2008 (Obama later called Nancy Reagan to apologize)

8. "The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system."
      –in remarks after a health care roundtable with physicians, nurses and health care providers, Washington, D.C., July 20, 2009

7. "What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith..."
      –in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who jumped in to correct Obama by saying "your Christian faith," which Obama quickly clarified, Sept. 7, 2008

6. "UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems."
      –attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009

5. "I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody."
      -- defending his tax plan to Joe the Plumber, who argued that Obama's policy hurts small-business owners like himself, Toledo, Ohio, Oct. 12, 2008

4. "The Cambridge police acted stupidly."
      —commenting on a white police officer's arrest of black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. at his home in Cambridge, Mass., at a news conference, July 22, 2009. Obama later had to convene a "Beer Summit" at the White House to help tamp down the controversy stirred by his remark

3. "It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."
      –speaking at a San Francisco fundraiser about his troubles winning over some small-town, working-class voters, April 11, 2008

2. "One such translator was an American of Haitian descent, representative of the extraordinary work that our men and women in uniform do all around the world -- Navy Corpse-Man Christian Brossard."
      –mispronouncing "Corpsman" (the "ps" is silent) during a speech at the National Prayer Breakfast, Washington, D.C., Feb. 5, 2010 (The Corpsman's name is also Christopher, not Christian)

1. "I've now been in 57 states — I think one left to go."
      —at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon, May 9, 2008

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/bara … quotes.htm

I guess it's all a matter of perspective, LMC, as to which man is the dumbest.

Have a good evening!!!

1. Jeff Berndt profile image73
        Jeff Berndtposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, see, if you want to argue that Obama is dumb, shouldn't all of the quotes have been stupid?

Over half of these aren't stupid at all, and are in fact insightful and clever.

16. lovemychris profile image76

You can only think of one dumb Democrat? Sheeesh, I have a list a mile long of dumb Republicans!

1. profile image0

Of course not. I'm more than sure I could come up with dozens.

The question is why do we keep sending these idiots to D.C. to represent us even after they've proven they're stupidity? I'm speaking about both sides of the aisle.

17. lovemychris profile image76

I've never voted for anybody who is stupid.

1. profile image0

History will show that you have, LMC, just as it bore out that I voted for the one of the biggest idiots of all time - Jimmy Carter. Oh, well, I was young and didn't know any better. Now, I do.

I don't always vote Republican down the line, LMC. I listen to the person then decide. I've heard enough to know exactly how I'll vote come November.

18. lovemychris profile image76

Whose history?

Mine says that R's are dangerous to the health and well-being of America.

And I've *experienced* enought to know how I'll vote.

Either way--the co-existence of parties is long-gone. It's one side or the other...and those Indies must choose as well. For, that is how the Baggers have made it.

...or even Bush: "Your'e either with us or against us"....it's just that simple, now, isn't it?

1. profile image0

The country's history.

"Either way--the co-existence of parties is long-gone. It's one side or the other...and those Indies must choose as well. For, that is how the Baggers have made it."

I'm not trying to get you worked up but it sounds like you're wanting an all-out civil war, LMC. Is that what you really want? Do you really think it's come to that?

Well, until the Republicans can learn to do something besides try to ruin Obama...what do you expect? They care zilch for any Democrat or struggling American...they care for the wealthy class. Period.
        If having Romney as the front-runner tells you nothing else, it should tell you that!

His tax policy gives his class bigger tax breaks, and increases the cost of living to everyone else.
        Cuts programs for poor people to fund tax breaks for zillionaires.

Here's a comment from a fellow American: "we can't afford a Capitilist Republican president at this stage in the economy , just for the rich , he will never get rid of the Bush Tax cuts for the wealthy."

Exactly.

1. profile image0

This isn't a negative question but rather an honest one.

What exactly do you want this country to be, LMC?

I don't have a term for it.....a country that takes care of its citizens FIRST, puts profit SECOND, or third, or maybe fourth...

Give us your tired, your poor, your hungry....this was supposed to be a refuge for them...that was the creed. It has been broken.

Now the creed goes like this: Give us your tired, your poor...and we'll use them up til they die.

People are not commodities, and wealth is not the benchmark for who deserves a good life. Hard work and integrity used to be...no more.

Greed has ruined America. I want "greed is good" done away with as the be-all and end all!

1. profile image0

Here's an honest assessment. I'm not trying to be combative but rather have a conversation.

I somehow get the impression you've taken some people's desire to create a business and make a profit thus make a living for themselves and their family as nothing but greed.

Is there greed out there? Oh, hell, yes! However, I would venture to say most people start a company to do nothing more than make a living and provide for their families.

Some people don't have that desire so they work for the people who have.

I'm talking about the policies here.

I don't want people living on the street because they can't afford rent, because the "free-market" has $7.15 as the minimum wage.
                Can't tell them how much to pay, can we?
                I don't want people without healthcare dying or living in misery.Was reminded of this recently when Santorum's daughter fell sick...she has a pre-existing condition...HE wants to get rid of Affordable Care Act!! How would he feel if his daughter was rejected for care because of pre-exisitng condition?

I want hungry people fed.

Simple. No one is preventing business. Red tape, yeah, but what is the alternative?

All citizens equal,like it says. NOT rigging the system for those with money.

And it's do-able.
                Romney alone has the income of the past 8 presidents combined and doubled. How many mouths could that feed? He got there by treachery!

1. profile image0

How about the business owners that became successful through hard work but haven't screwed a soul? They were just good, honest business people. Should they be taxed out of what they were able earn?

Name one instance where this happened!

Even my old boyfriend complained all the time about gvt red tape...Workers Comp in particular...but he still manages a nice profit..and he's not a genius!

It's about fairness, and this country has run amuck.

2 jobs should NOT be a recipe for poverty!

2. profile image60
              logic,commonsenseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Tell that to George Soros!

1. profile image0

Since he's helping Obama, it's okay for him to keep his money.

What about him? Since he's the bane of the Right..he's not on my radar screen.

1. profile image60
                  logic,commonsenseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like hypocrisy to me.  How do you think he made his billions?  Off the backs of the rest of us.  Just because he supports liberal causes, does not make him any less of a opportunist than the Kohl's. Do you turn a blind eye just because he supports Obama?  If so then your previous arguments seem hollow at best.

NO! And neither does Obama! If he makes a mil or more...he pays 30% tax. SIMPLE!

19. kateperez profile image58
    kateperezposted 12 years ago

Really, Mighty Mom?

What is the corporate tax rate in this country?  It is like 35%...  What corporation is going to eat into their profits for anyone?

THEN, there's the whole big thought of if a corporation pays more to the government, you pay more at the cash register.  Companies don't pay their own increased costs, we, the consumer, do.

So, if Anyone,  not just Barry, keeps taxing, spending, taxing, spending, blaming the big guy, coddling the little guy,   the little guy will keep being under employed, messing with the economy, and the big guy will continue to pass their expenses on to the fewer and fewer consumers available to purchase their product.

The official corporate tax rate may be 35%, but the amount they actually pay is far less. There are so many loopholes that many large corporations effectively pay a negative tax rate - they earn millions or billions of dollars in local, state, and federal government contracts, while paying $0 in federal income taxes thanks to foreign shell corporations based in the Caymans and similar locales. Other corporations spend more money lobbying Congress than they pay in taxes:

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/264481/ … -lobby.htm
      http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2012/01/ … a-lobbyist

Additionally, the "big guy" has next to nothing to do with job creation. In fact, they tend to spend much more effort "streamlining business operations" (aka cutting jobs) than creating jobs. Startup companies account for the entirety of net job growth between 1980 and 2005:

http://www.kauffman.org/newsroom/busine … stics.aspx

I find it most interesting of an argument when people want to close ta loopholes, complain that people do not pay the assigned tax rate but a lower one, sort of like they themselves do. Whats good for one.....

20. lovemychris profile image76

Democratic Capitalism, how's that?

A Republic....how does Capitalism fit with that?  WHO told us it must be this way?

21. lovemychris profile image76

And Romney wants to make it even BETTER for those 400 richest! Which includes himself!

The ABO's (anybody but obama) will ruin what is left of what they haven't already destroyed. IMHO

1. American View profile image60

LMC,

Just to be clear here, you do realize when it comes to the top 400 richest people, most do not work at all. In fact there are those that while having houses here in the US, they actually live abroad.

22. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 12 years ago

Most organizations are like false religions to me.
    Voting because of affiliation is not much more than a popularity contest in my estimation.
    And the candidates are pretty much reflective of the above.

Yet, it's important to vote, so finding the best candidate in the bunch is like trying to find the least aggressive form of cancer to live with.

I do not understand herd mentality.

Huh? You can either vote for those who think like you, or not.

There are very clear differences.

Or are you saying that one is just the same as the other so baaah baaaah pick one?

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
        Daniel Carterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My disappointment and disdain is that I don't have much confidence in any of the candidates intelligence or abilities. Additionally, I find their affiliated parties deeply entrenched in blame and hatred. Congress reflects this. How does any of that help? And who can stand up to that and overcome it? Obama has tried and has been slapped down repeatedly.

Herd mentality and mob psychology are rampant with blame, denial, hatred, and and "gonna get even" mentality. Until we can collectively begin to overcome ourselves first, we can't overcome the problems of society.

I don't think even the most "glorious" candidates are going to scratch the surface of any of this. We have to stop looking for a savior and be our own saviors. We have to stop looking for answers and be the answer. Until we get that as a society, we are stuck in where we are.

Which candidate will save us this time?

I don't think there is one. We haven't looked in the right place yet.

23. silvershark profile image48
    silversharkposted 12 years ago

that was awesome. and very true. everything in our government needs to be changed these days. we should almost completely rewrite our rules, make them easier to understand, set down a whole new system of checks and balance's, and make politics about the people, not the politicians money purse. Maybe then well be able to get some progress done in this country and get ourselves outta this funk were in

24. silvershark profile image48
    silversharkposted 12 years ago

that was awesome. and very true. everything in our government needs to be changed these days. we should almost completely rewrite our rules, make them easier to understand, set down a whole new system of checks and balance's, and make politics about the people, not the politicians money purse. Maybe then well be able to get some progress done in this country and get ourselves outta this funk were in

25. Phoenix Jay profile image61
    Phoenix Jayposted 12 years ago

This kind of negative thinking is so counter productive to good democracy (and good conversation). It would have been much more interesting to hear your 12 reasons why you vote republican than some lazy, half thought-out, over-generalizing thing like this.

Think whatever you want but at least advocate it well.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)