Most trusted news sources

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (90 posts)
  1. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 12 years ago

According to a poll conducted by Suffolk University, the most trusted news source in the US is FOX, at 28%.

2. CNN - 18%
    3. NBC - 10%
    4. MSNBS - 7%
    5. CBS and ABC (tie) - 6%

The most trusted anchor was O'Reilly, at 9%.

2. Anderson Cooper - 6%
    3. Mike Huckabee - 4%
    4. Sean Hannity - 4%
    5. Wolf Blitzer - 3%
    6. Chris Matthews - 3%
    7. Tom Brokaw - 3%
    8. Katie Couric - 3%
    9. Diane Sawyer - 3%

My favorite, John King, didn't make the list. As I've said before, I think CNN is the least biased news source. I do think, however, that O'Reilly is pretty fair, even though he's arrogant. I've seen him attack both the left and the right.

1. JSChams profile image60
      JSChamsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I noticed that Keith Olbermann has been fired from Current after having been fired from MSNBC. Do you think he will ever figure these things out?

But the progressives never learn the lesson they need to learn and that is why they don't get what happened to Air America and why tactics like trying to get Rush off the air don't work.

1. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Poor Keith. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Some liberals even quit watching him after the way he treated Hillary. Olbermann is the left's equivalent to Beck.

That was what got him fired from MSNBC because he felt he should get paid as much as Beck. They basically laughed him out of the studio.

2. lovemychris profile image77
        lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"Keith might have a problematic personality, but during the darkest days of the Bush administration he was a beacon for many of use who saw our democracy going down the drain."

I totally concur with this.
        And the Dark Days of Bush were cheer-leaded by ElRushbo, who had Cheney on as a frequent guest.

Full Spectrum Dominance is what these people had....thankfully, no more.

Uh-hu. I see you don't get it either.

By the way......America is not nor ever has been a Democracy.

1. Josak profile image60
            Josakposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No of course not *rolls eyes*

Educate yourself. This is a Republic.

1. John Holden profile image61
                John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, a democratic republic.

A Constitutional Republic. We use the Democratic process in our decision making.

2. recommend1 profile image61
                recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

and rapidly aiming for the banana to go with it.

1. American View profile image60
                  American Viewposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL

2. lorlie6 profile image73
      lorlie6posted 12 years agoin reply to this

NBC, 10%?  Seriously?  Lord, save us!  RebeccahELLE's source claims 4%?  WHAAA?

3. profile image0
      Sooner28posted 12 years agoin reply to this

America is doomed.

2. John Holden profile image61
    John Holdenposted 12 years ago

Fox, the most trusted News source!
    We're all doomed, doomed I tell you.

1. Will Apse profile image87
      Will Apseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

Once any political grouping is the hostage of populism it is ultimately heading for the abyss. Of course, in the US, it is that wily puppeteer, Murdoch, that conservatives have really become hostage too.

1. lorlie6 profile image73

Will, that 'wiley puppeteer' Murdoch is a piece of work, that's for sure!  And ahorseback, the 24/7 accessibility of media/Fox's to the public viewers is very, very profitable!!!!  And POWERful!
        ahb, great to see you, btw; I've been on a personal/medical 'sabbatical'!

1. Will Apse profile image87
          Will Apseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I hope your sabbatical did you good, lorlei and nice to see you back.

2. Paul Wingert profile image61
      Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Fox Noise - aka The Republican Fundraisng Network.

3. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

I wonder about the demographics of the poll.
    Much of mid America is conservative, and the south.

I can't imagine Fox news being the most trusted news source, not from anyone I know, for sure. I think a lot of news shows are insulting to a thinking individual. Perhaps they appeal to the masses.

1. habee profile image93

Boston's Suffolk University:
      http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washin … ws-sources

Public Polling Policy:
      http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/32039.html

FOX won "most trusted" in both polls. In one poll, FOX was named the most trusted AND the most distrusted.

I think this shows just how divided our country is. FOX is far right, for the most part, and NBC/MSNBC are both very pro-left. I'm surprised CNN wasn't seen as the most trusted, since they're the fairest, IMO.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I just found this article which is most likely a different poll, it doesn't say. It does specify the poll as being from voters. It didn't specify if these were voters in the Republican primaries.
        It listed Fox as you say, the most and least likely trusted. PBS was listed second.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/01/18/f … the-least/

Fox is the most trusted TV news source for 34% of voters, followed by PBS at 17%, CNN at 12%, ABC News at 11%, CBS News at 8%, MSNBC at 5%, and Comedy Central and NBC each at 4%.

It does show how polarized our country is, and the way Congress has performed indicates how little can be done with such marked polarization.

4. mperrottet profile image82
    mperrottetposted 12 years ago

That poll is really misleading.  It only polled 1070 people, and out of that number 15% responded to the question 'What political reported would you say you trust the most?' 15% said 'don't know', 21% said 'none', and 6% said 'other'.  These questions came at the end of a long poll involving presidential candidates and many other questions. 

Also, most Fox News viewers watch ONLY Fox news, and non-Fox news viewers probably split their favorite news stations between the other options. 

Demographics leaned towards the South -
    Northeast 21%
    South  33%
    Midwest 24%
    West 21%

That's a pretty big difference between Northeast and South.  I wouldn't take these numbers too seriously.

1. habee profile image93

Is that true for both the polls I mentioned, as well as for the one Rebekahelle posted?

2. habee profile image93

I think it's somewhat true that most ardent FOX viewers don't watch other networks, but I also know liberals who watch only MSNBC. I watch all of them. I think that's the only way to get an inkling of the truth. lol

I'm old enough to remember when news anchors were objective and impartial. Ah, the good ol' days.

5. mperrottet profile image82
    mperrottetposted 12 years ago
  6. profile image0
    idratherbeposted 12 years ago

Fox fair and balanced and first? lol...were these people brainwashed? Just who are these people getting polled? I've never been polled. Are the majority of those polled republicans, democrats, or independents? Only way to come to an educated decision on any issue, in my opinion, is to watch more then one news show and do your own research. And lastly stay away from the Rush type radio and democratic leaning radio stations as well!

1. Paul Wingert profile image61
      Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Anyone with half a brain would figure out that the comedy sitcome stars of FOX, like Hannidy,  funnywoman Palin and of course clowns like Limbaugh have the credibilty of a rock.

7. UnnamedHarald profile image92
    UnnamedHaraldposted 12 years ago

I also check bbc.co.uk, guardian.co.uk and reuters.com, among others.

8. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

Well, if Fixed News is the most trusted, they can hardly claim a liberal bias in the media now can they?

They are only one out of how many?????????????

Yes there is a liberal/progressive bias. Massive bias.

1. lovemychris profile image77

If they are voted number one in trusted media...then that shows a right-wing bias.

And don't forget---they had the radio too for 8 years. Total right-wing dominance in talk.

Thankfully, that has ended. And social media is helping people to have a voice.

Hey Chris....one out of what?..

CBS,NBC,ABC,CNN,MSNBC,Current,et al??????

Doesn't matter. If Fox is number 1 in "news", and O'Reilly is number 1 as anchor....America has a right-wing bias.

9. iefox5 profile image59
    iefox5posted 12 years ago

BBC and CNN are my main news sources.

10. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 12 years ago

Lol Holle, 'most trusted news sources' is certainly an oxymoron right there.

You've sure got THAT right, Kanga! wink

11. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 12 years ago

I will view most news stories to hear from all sides......then I ignore it all and use the good brain and common sense I was born with.  Pity the individual who ever fully trusts or completely believes anyone!!!  I really am partial to Anderson Cooper, for several reasons, but mostly because he's a truly nice human being.         Keith & Glenn are both seriously in need of medication.  Huckabee?  If I want to hear a preacher, I'll go to church..   Sean Hannity wears his BVD's way too tight...& finally.....Everyone appreciates Jon Stewart!!

1. habee profile image93

I like Cooper, but I like John King better. I LOVE Jon Stewart!

12. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 12 years ago

The best advice and the least taken :  Listen to them all and decide for yourself!  Fox is #1 because they are constant 24/7 . Where most networks cover a lot of news lightly,  fox delves into it head first . You can't knock thier listeners for building a trust in the views expressed ;  Its all cool aid anyway. Drink up ....or spit it out ! Just keep it to yourself , remember how politics used to be !

13. carol3san profile image61
    carol3sanposted 12 years ago

a funny thing,  I read only a few months ago from another poll that the fox news audience got lied to more than any other network news.  umm.....

14. lovemychris profile image77

And that's what people are fighting every day. Because most righty's make everything personal. They don't stick to disagreeing with a point of view, they must insult and demean the one having it.

And they have been just awful with our president, and I hope some day they will have to take account for it.

But I'm not holding my breath.

And looky looky....NBC is so liberal, they're having Palin on as co-host for their morning show!

Why, MSNBC has Scarborough and Steele, those bastions of liberalism. This is how I see it: if the right doesn't have it all 100% their way---they call it unfair.

Whoa, whoa, whoa......insult and demean????????
      The left has the market cornered on that. That's will be obvious just listening to the left's version of talk. Do we really need to go back to people like Bill Maher and Ed Schultz for reference?
      I saw a thing on Facebook that was a sign and it was so true.....
      It said
      RACIST!  Someone who wins an argument with a liberal. That's so true because when a liberal/progressive runs out of steam that's one of the first things that comes out.
      The problem you have and you don't get is that you do not understand why ANYONE has a different point of view. Not just you but liberal/progressives in general cannot fathom they idea that they are wrong.

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yep, you've bought into the message.  Get a clue.  roll

Nope, because what is attempted here by liberals is"Hey, we don't like your news so shut up!" That's always the case and I have argued this many sites and it's the same. Why aren't all news sources bleating the same message? Theretofore the illogic is Fox should be removed from the airwaves. That's the message.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image78
            Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, we look at news from all over the world and shake our heads at what constitutes journalism and "facts" at Fox News. Yes...100s of media all over the world post stories and the ones on Fox are no where else so it must mean they alone are telling the truth roll

1. habee profile image93

But it's not just FOX. ALL US news seems to have an agenda - some more than others, of course.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
                rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I watch PBS news hour and hear major news reports from around the world. They are news journalists and actually report news to their listeners. They also have a decent website with extended news reports. I don't hear an agenda on their show.

There is Journal news from Germany which is pretty good for world news and BBC.
                World news affects all of us but I think some want our country isolated from the world. It's not going to happen. We live in a global society.

1. habee profile image93

Thanks for the tips!

2. profile image0
            PrettyPantherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Really?  Who told you to "shut up"?  Disagreeing with you is not the equivalent of trying to silence you.

1. John Holden profile image61
              John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately PP, disagreeing is seen as trying to shut up the right by those on the right who like to complain of lock step liberals, all together and all at the same time smile

15. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 12 years ago

ALL of our corporate media is a joke.  To get the least biased news about the United States, particularly with regard to foreign policy and internal politics, go to a variety of foreign news sites.

1. kerryg profile image84
      kerrygposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yup. The difference between foreign (even UK) and US coverage leading up to the Iraq War was so startling that I've never gone back to relying entirely on US news sources.

1. habee profile image93

Kerry, what are the best foreign sources for US news? I don't have a lot of trust in ANY American news sources. Like others here, I watch 'em all and then do my own research, when possible. Actually, I read more than watch. lol

16. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

even news are not differentiated with opinions/commentaries anymore. They are tinted. News and print media present news and events with bias, taking into consideration chronology of event, the photos/videos that go with it, and notwithstanding the drama and human factor drama that make such stories

In a news with its pure form it should only be who, what when and where but then of course many will notice a news if it has some kind of drama or human factor so that many will be interested - more viewers

Even sports news, more drama, more personalities like Tebowmania, Linsanity.. LOL

17. lovemychris profile image77

Funny--no one mentioned shutting Fox down.

But that's what they did to liberals from 2000-2008. Stern was shut down by religious right and gvt.
    Talk radio...I don't know what happened there...as soon as Russshhhh hit in 91, that was it. No more differing opinions, it was all right all the time. Shultz mentioned once that all these rich conservatives bought all the stations up....and they did something to the broadband laws in 2000, which Pelosi reversed. That's why we have a liberal voice again.

And we didn't have a voice on TV until Olbermann came along. Heck...every single TV station supported the Iraq invasion...even pbs.

So, it's not a matter of "Ooooh, get rid of Fox"...it's a matter of "We need a voice too".

Once again....
      CBS
      NBC
      ABC
      MSNBC
      CNN

Oh I am so sorry you don't think you have a voice Chris. How ridiculous do you intend to remain?

Ed Schultz and Bill Maher have called some folks some really unfortunate things you couldn't do on broadcast tv because they disagreed with their ideology.

JSChams-well, I am sorry you are sorry that Chris doesn't think he has a voice.  Maher does.

That meaning it was being turned around that the only things you hear are from a Conservative viewpoint and that is a ridiculous impression.
          We are a center-right nation but the media is left of center quite a bit.

True, and a Conservative viewpoint is a ridiculous thing!!!

18. lovemychris profile image77

Once again....
    CBS
    NBC
    ABC
    MSNBC
    CNN

Are not liberal. MSNBC has liberal talkers, but they have conservatives too. NBC is having Sarah Palin co-host their morning show. This is what you call blended ideology, trying to be "fair".

I would say Shultz and Sharpton are liberal. None of the rest. They may be Democrats, but not liberals, IMO.

My voice was Howard Stern and Keith Olbermann. Gone---one by Gvt (Bushco), the other by who-knows-what yet.

Maher is not my voice. He actually can't stand 9/11 Truthers.

19. maxoxam41 profile image64
    maxoxam41posted 12 years ago

If Fox is number one it only means that idiots are superior quantitatively than the intelligent ones! Nothing else! As for O'Reilly for an "historian" educated he would make Thucydides ashamed on his perception of facts!

20. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 12 years ago

Lefty ....righty .....keep on keepin on! Drink the cool aid up theres plenty more where that came from ....AS long as THEY have US pointing at each other in anger .....we're not watching themm!  And here the thing ........THEM is winning!

I happen to believe THEM are the current crop of GOP.

so sue me.

2. JSChams profile image60

Here's the deal Chris....

I'm not gonna tell you ANY of them right or left are wearing the white hats. Ok?
        However at this point in time the lefties are pulling some slight of hand.
        Next time it might be the right. I will yell about them too.
        Don't let yourself get so caught up in it's all Bush's fault that you miss what the other hand is doing.
        And if you don't believe they are doing something they already have put you to sleep.

This current GOP is WORSE than Bush!

And I said that about Romney long ago.

Sorry---your opinions about being asleep or not do not hold water with me.

You bought 9/11. That's all I need to know.

No YOU bought the truther lie.
            You never answered whether this would have been an issue if Bill had still been in office or if Al Gore(shudder)had actually been elected. I doubt it. It just would have been a great tragedy that the left would have blamed Conservative policies for.

21. lovemychris profile image77

Whoa! Maybe I got the wrong THEM!!

"WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court on Monday ruled by a 5-to-4 vote that officials may strip-search people arrested for any offense, however minor, before admitting them to jails even if the officials have no reason to suspect the presence of contraband."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/03/us/ju … fense.html

holy cow. and Zimmy is let got after murder.....NOW you believe me? It's a big ole club!

Can someone on the right please tell me how this is constitutional?

22. Jim and Beyond profile image72
    Jim and Beyondposted 12 years ago

It's hard to trust ANY media outlet totally.  It would be best to look for different outlets to hear all sides of a story.  Often it comes down to who you CHOOSE to believe.

NBC's edit of Zimmerman's 911 call was disgusting to the extreme.  It was done on purpose to advance an agenda.  NBC should be ashamed as well as FINED by the FCC for a deliberate alteration of the "truth."  Not so many years ago, their offensive twisting of the story would not have been questioned.  So maybe it's a good thing to have a gluttony of media  outlets to choose from.

23. JadeFitz profile image60
    JadeFitzposted 12 years ago

I am LMAO at this back and forth conversation.  Fox is fair and balanced. I also like the BBC as they cover a lot of what is going on in the world.  Haven't you realized by now that you are never going to make a democrat out of a republican or a republican out of a democrat.  Well except for me.  I was hard core left/socialist until I came to this country and my eyes were opened.  And I will never look back.

24. lovemychris profile image77

Fox is fair and balanced + my eyes are open is an oxy-moron! smilesmile

1. JadeFitz profile image60
      JadeFitzposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL!

2. JadeFitz profile image60
      JadeFitzposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So how would you define, "My eyes were closed?" smile

Anytime they prayed with Glenny Beck, the pastor of Luuuv.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADnAZGyxgeg

Hey LMC......you loose credibility by the minute because you will not face my question to you.

25. lovemychris profile image77

"No YOU bought the truther lie.
    You never answered whether this would have been an issue if Bill had still been in office or if Al Gore(shudder)had actually been elected. I doubt it. It just would have been a great tragedy that the left would have blamed Conservative policies for."

It would not have happened with Bill or Al in office. PNAC tried with Clinton. He said thanks, but no thanks.
    I'm quite sure Al would have done the same....hence the NEED for Bush to win both times.

I've already explained this once, which is why I didn't bother to again. But I will say it a million times....

PNAC forces planned and executed 9/11, IMO.

Al-Queada planned and executed 9/11.

If Bush hadn't been President when that occurred you wouldn't hear a peep because the truthers are the radical mind-searing Bush haters. I saw that plainly the first truthers video I looked at. It had to be Bush and nobody on the planet but Bush.
      There are sources of evil n the universe that do not have the last name Bush or that of any other well known Conservative, Liberal, Independant, and on and on.
      Just as we must leave thoughts of swinging and hanging chads we must accept that maybe, just maybe somebody actually attacked us. God knows we are stupid enough for it to happen.

Al-Queda is a CIA/Mossad list of people who helped them during the Russian invasion of Afghanistan. It means Little Toilet.

It's a false front.

And we have been double-dealing with Bin Laden-- real name Tim Osman--and his family since the Carlyle Group was formed, probably longer.

Bush's are long time American criminals. Starting with Prescott.

SC gave Bush one election, and DieBolt counting machines did the rest...owned by WHOM? Why, a member of the Bush family!

This is my take on the world....and I notice you never bother to express that yours is only an opinion as well. well...it is!

True but mine is not culled from a massive list of conspiracy theories.

This whole world is a conspiracy theory.....think about it!
            From the moment you're born---you are told what it's all about. History, religion, your purpose, what you should do, education, tv....etc etc.

And somewhere across the globe--another baby is born who is told a whole different story!

We can't even see how mired we are in conspiracy. Because most of us don't have time to really stop and think about it.

We have so much "knowledge" piled on us, it's no wonder we can't know what is true or not. It's like a huge mass of goo!
            That is why I go with "bodily knowledge"...intuition...that little feeling in my gut. That's the truth detector, and when I feel it--I know what I'm seeing or hearing is true.

So...
              There is no truth then?
              Better put there has to be truth somewhere so where do you go for your truth?

2. JSChams profile image60

SO did Bush have the Gibson Guitar company raided this year? No it was the Obama justice dept.
      It's called tyranny and it's coming. Both sides are responsible.

I think one side is trying to stop it....maybe more.

It's a worldful of criminal gangs! But, those on OUR side are fighting a very tricky fight.

Everybody is deceiving everybody else! Don't you read Tom Clancy? wink

26. Hugh Williamson profile image77
    Hugh Williamsonposted 12 years ago

Regarding the poll cited in the OP:

The poll didn't exactly say that most people trust Bill-O. Most people either had no opinion (24%),or they didn't trust any of the media personalities (25%).

"A new poll from Suffolk University seems to confirm a trend that has become apparent over the last few months. When asked which TV news personality they trust most, a plurality of respondents (25%) replied “None,” with roughly the same amount (24%) saying they were “Undecided.”

Among those that had an opinion, Fox News Channel’s Bill O’Reilly came out on top, garnering 7% of the vote..."

Seven percent? Does that mean that 93% don't trust 'ole Bill?

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/pol … ty_b119218

27. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 12 years ago

Why, everyone should know that the National Enquirer is the most reliable news source there is!  Geez.

28. lovemychris profile image77

"Hannity's first question to George Zimmerman's father last night: "How difficult has this been for your family?"

"At this point, I wouldn't be *entirely* shocked to see a George Zimmerman/Joe the Plumber ticket for the 2016 GOP."

Sponsored by fair and balanced fox. So, if most people trust Fox, I guess most people think Zimmerman was entitled to stalk and kill a 17 yr old boy.

I suggest that every one of them listen to the 9/11 call that plays the screams and the gun-shots.  That is not a grown man screaming. And since Zimmerman lied about that....how can you believe anything else?

Fox giving aid and comfort to him. FOR SHAME!

If they are the most trusted, I count myself in the proud minority fighting the Behemoth Beast of what America has become.

29. lovemychris profile image77

CNN liberal?

"Defending ALEC, CNN's Loesch Smears Van Jones As A "Marxist, 911 Truther, Cop Killer-Supporter"

These people are psychopaths.

30. lovemychris profile image77

"That is why I go with "bodily knowledge"...intuition...that little feeling in my gut."

"The kingdom of Heaven is within"

"Open your eyes, and look within"

If a thought comes to my mind....it is suspect. If I "know" it in my gut....it is truth.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)