Bachmann and GOPers Claim Muslim Brotherhood Rep on Clinton staff

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (105 posts)
  1. Ralph Deeds profile image65
    Ralph Deedsposted 11 years ago

Michelle Bachmann and 4 other Tea Party House members have accused Huma Abedin of infiltrating Hillary Clinton's staff on behalf of the Muslim Brotherhood. The other Republicans who signed a letter accusing Clinton's assistant are Trent Frands R, Arizona,
    Louis Gohmert, R Texas, Thomas Rooney, R Florida, Lynn Westmoreland R, Georgia.
    John McCain and John Boehner objected to the accusations as "pretty dangerous" and "having no place in American politics." Glenn Beck and Newt Gingrich defended Bachman. Care to comment, Jaxon, Longhunter, Undermyhat, JS or the rest of the Republicans??

1. profile image0
      JaxsonRaineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't know anything about Huma Abedin.

Nor do I blindly support every action of every member of any political party. I'm not a Republican, I'm fiscally conservative and socially moderate.

Ralph Deedsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Huma Mahmood Abedin (born 1976) is an American deputy chief of staff and aide to US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton.[1] She served as traveling chief of staff and "body woman" for Clinton during Clinton's campaign for the Democratic nomination in the 2008 presidential election.[2][3]
        Early years
        Abedin was born in Kalamazoo, Michigan. When she was two, her family moved to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Both her parents were educators. Her father, Syed Zainul Abedin, was born in British India in 1928, was an alumnus of Aligarh Muslim University, and later received his Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania. He died in 1993.[4] Her Pakistani mother, Saleha Mahmood Abedin, also received her Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania, and is currently an associate professor of sociology at Dar Al-Hekma College in Jeddah.[1][5] Abedin returned to the U.S. to attend George Washington University.
        Career

Abedin began working as an intern for the White House in 1996 and was assigned to Hillary Rodham Clinton. She currently works for Clinton, now Secretary of State, at the State Department.[6] In 2010, Abedin was included in Time's "40 under 40",[7] a list of a "new generation of civic leaders" and "rising stars of American politics."[8] At a celebration before Abedin's wedding to Anthony Weiner, Clinton said in a speech, "I only have one daughter. But if I had a second daughter, it would [be] Huma."[9]

1. profile image0

If Bachman has intelligence that supports such an allegation, she should bring it forward and work from it. If not, then it's a pretty stupid/harmful thing to be claiming.

Honestly, it's not the type of topic that would catch my interest. I can't make any judgement without knowing the reasons for the accusation.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image78
            Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The reason is because she is a practicing Muslim. As Jon Stewart put it, her deceased father had ties to a man who had ties to a man who had ties to a man who was in the Muslim Brotherhood.

1. profile image0

Can you provide a source for that claim?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image78

I like how Jon Stewart showed that Michele Bachmann had more direct ties to the Muslim Brotherhood that Abedin has smile

1. rhamson profile image72
        rhamsonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I saw that show too. It was hilarious. Everytime I see that empty stare of hers looking into the camera I get dizzy. LOL

3. undermyhat profile image60
      undermyhatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Huma Abedin’s mother, the Pakistani-born academic Dr. Saleha Abedin.

Dr. Abedin, has been a member of the Muslim Sisterhood.Dr. Abedin has led the International Islamic Committee for Woman and Child (IICWC), an Islamist organization that hews to the positions of Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi, the Brotherhood’s leading sharia jurist. Like Brotherhood entities, the IICWC defends such practices as female genital mutilation and child marriage, which find support in Islamic law and scripture.

Liberals were wrong about Alger Hiss also.  Connection to a white supremacist group through family would put in doubt one's commitment to the Justice Department why shouldn't family connections to a radical Islamist group place in doubt one's commitment to the State Department especially at a time when The Brotherhood is now running Egypt and the person in question has the ear of a woman so gullible as to believe GWB about Iraqi WMDs.

A neo-McCarthyite has infiltrated the HubPages forums! Join your pals Gingrich and Glenn Beck.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image78

So, has she just been laying in wait for 20 years just waiting to... She even married a Jewish man and had his child...what a mastermind she must be...

1. undermyhat profile image60

No this is the point:

"Connection to a white supremacist group through family would put in doubt one's commitment to the Justice Department why shouldn't family connections to a radical Islamist group place in doubt one's commitment to the State Department ...."

The term exists for a reason
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleeper_agent

Many trusted people have been agents of foreign powers
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alger_Hiss

Having endured an FBI background check I can tell you if there is some suspicious connections they will disqualify a person for a post depending on its sensitivity.

3. Josak profile image61
        Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So... this is all complete bull, Sharia bans genital mutilation, there is nothing wrong with being affiliated to a Muslim organization, indeed being a Muslim it seems unsurprising that you would be, not only is it wrong to condemn someone for having a mother who participated in a group trying to better the place of Muslim women but more to the point since the Muslim brotherhood is fast becoming a powerful entity we should be building relationships with them not alienating them or we will push them towards extremism and anti Americanism.

Not according to the sources I see - the Brotherhood has its own interpretation of Sharia as does the Sisterhood - it doesn't matter what others may say these are hard core female genital mutilators as many Muslims are and it is a persistent and international issue.  Huma Abadin's mother is a proponent.

http://answering-islam.org/Sharia/fem_circumcision.html

http://www.minaret.org/fgm-pamphlet.htm

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/WorldNews/fema … d=10859231

1. Josak profile image61

OK and I had a grandfather who was a racist and an uncle who was an international guerrilla fighter, what does it change? How many of us have relatives with crazy or backwards ideas?  The racist grandparents thing is now a cliche, it has nothing to do with our beliefs now does it.

Under ordinary circumstance it doesn't - in government service it does.

1. Jean Bakula profile image92
                Jean Bakulaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hello Ralph Deeds,
                I don't often write on the forums, because sometimes I feel so angry about the stupidity of what some people say. But I always read your posts with interest. I find the fact that the Republicans are spreading outright lies and that their base believes them very scary. I cannot understand how people are responding to these allegations and others, without any proof at all. I live in Northern NJ, about 25 miles from Paterson, one of the largest Muslim populations in the U.S. We all get along in harmony for the most part. My husband has many Muslim co-workers, very nice people. When they began to work at the company, the owners were repspectful and provided a "prayer room" for them, though anyone is invited to use it for any faith. Once I had a terrible bout with a back problem and they all said a special prayer for me, and we were both deeply moved. On 9/11, one of my husband's Muslim co-workers came to ask him a work related question, and he replied, "It has to wait, my country just got attacked." The Muslim co-worker responded, "It's my country too, Louie." I think that speaks volumes. We have many productive people of all religions and races, the greatest asset of our country, and the basis of what America was founded upon. This hatred against Obama and Democrats is so sad to see. I am at least happy when I read posts from reasonable people who think for themselves.

Yes, yes morally superior - on 9/11 I sought out the 3 Muslim men at my business and told them to come see me personally if anyone threatened them.  I also slipped a pistol into my pocket because I was determined to protect my 3 Muslim brothers.  It has little to do with the whole of Islam but it is foolish to think that it has nothing to do with Islam.

1. Jean Bakula profile image92
                    Jean Bakulaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I never claimed moral superiority, I merely shared two experiences about Muslim people who are kind hearted and proud to be American citizens. Every religion has extremists, a reason I will take no part in any organized religion, I feel religion is the main cause of war and death. Not to even mention guilt and shame where non is necessary.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65

Thanks, Jean.

2. profile image0
                PrettyPantherposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Don't you think she's probably already undergone a background check?

Perhaps not, Hillary probably didn't, Politicians rarely do.  Sufficiently powerful people in the government don't.  Ordinary grunts, agents, bureaucrats who may deal with sensitive but not secret information do.  The last three Presidents admitted drug use would have disqualified them for serving in the FBI, DEA, DIA, CIA, NSA, as well as making service in the military problematic.  The Marine Corps frowns on drug use even when one is a private citizen.   Bill Clinton and JFK had dubious connections to women in Washington - this would have removed them from consideration for several positions in intellegence and law enforcement. 

So I am skeptical that someone whose family - Father, mother, brother - have all had connections to radical Islamist groups would be permitted access to anything as sensitive as what a personal aide to the Secretary of State would have.

You're right in there with the great American tradition of Joe McCarthy along with Glenn Beck and Newt Gingrich.

2. profile image0

She is staff, not a politician.  I find it hard to believe she didn't undergo a thorough background check.

By the way, past drug use does not disqualify you from a position with the FBI, as long as you don't lie about it.  I'm not sure about the other agencies you listed, but I'm guessing most of them are the same.

Absolutely. You wouldn't believe the background check I underwent when I got a political appointment in the Clinton administration. Beyond that civil service employees in key positions got a "checkup" every two or three years or so. And the people who had access to the reports gossiped at lunch over the tidbits of information discovered by the investigators.

Were you the right hand man to a Secretary of State whose political alliance was purchased with that august position?

4. livelonger profile image85
      livelongerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hard to believe a Republican member of the US legislature from Minnesota would start irresponsibly accusing other members of the government of being secret enemies of the state, basically starting a witch hunt.

Oh, wait...

McCarthy was a Wisconsin Senator and Godfather to Robert F. Kennedy's children. (and he was not wrong, though his methods were of dubious benefit)

Not sure what that 'witch hunt' reference means.

The term originated in New England early in our history and was revived by McCarthy in the 1940s. Read your history. McCarthy was an alcoholic, unscrupulous political opportunist who died in disgrace. He was responsible for one of the ugliest chapters in American history. Bachmann is trying to revive the worst of McCarthy's tactics. She's either an ignorant nutcase or a dishonest, evil person. Or both.

And his accusation was correct.  The State Department was a target of Soviet inflitration.  The ugliness of the period has more to do with the branching out of Congressional investigations into Hollywood - where 1st Amendment Rights were trampled - that was not McCarthy's cause.  His was Soviet agents within the government.  The Hollywood investigations were by HUAC.  That Committee was lead by both Democrats and Republicans.  Perhaps reading your history is a valuable admonition for everyone.

2. livelonger profile image85

Oops, wrong state. (Now which one of them is famous for their cheese?) Same sentiment, though.

Maybe Bachmann should reinstate her Swiss citizenship and move to Europe.

5. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Don't forget, Ralph, that Eric Cantor, when questioned, refused to discredit Bachmann and her witch hunt tactics. I guess that it is true that "D for forward and R for reverse, all the way reversed, if you know what I mean. We have just as well exhume Joseph McCarthy and sit him up among the Tea-Party ranks. I say to the GOP FULL SPEED AHEAD, no fringe rightwing advocacy party can ever be taken seriously by the general electorate.

I have touched on the unfortunate tendency of the Right in this article

http://credence2.hubpages.com/hub/Right … i-American

Cantor is close to being a cretin.

1. livelonger profile image85

"close"? I think he's already there.

A mouth breather with a silly grin pasted on his face.

1. livelonger profile image85

Yep, pretty much.

6. WillStarr profile image81
      WillStarrposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't know enough about her to take a position, and frankly, neither do you. She needs to be reexamined, and if there's a shred of evidence that she should not be involved in the State Department, she should be shown the door.

Why does she need to be re-examined? Because Michelle Bachman says so? Give us a break.  She's been thoroughly checked and no doubt has a high security clearance.

1. WillStarr profile image81

There are several people who have raised concerns about her, not just Bachman. Would you rather turn a blind eye and risk it, just to satisfy your own politics? We have some questions and reasons to reexamine her, so why not do it? Where's the harm?

Well, obviously John McCain is not one of those who is concerned.

John McCain lost the 2008 election precisely because he was such a weak sister, constantly kissing up to the Democrats. I have zero respect for McCain.

No, he lost because he chose Sara Palin as his vice president.

Neither is John Boehner.

The Loser?  Who cares what McCain has to say - he should have tucked his tail and slipped quietly into that good night after his cataclysmic loss to Obama.

2. profile image0

Here's the thing, Will.  If a member of the intelligence committee has a legitimate reason to believe that a high-level staff member is a security risk, then don't you think they should take it up with the proper investigative agency, and not just blab about it to the media? 

Michelle Bachmann is unprofessional, hysterical, and just plain stupid.

Not to mention, crazy as a loon.

The best reason may be to put the current dust up to rest.  To put on my - "liberal paranoid conspiracy shadows under the bed means evil banksters and Repbulicans are listening" - hat maybe because they know that there is something to it.  After all this President is very comfortable with terrorists of the domestic brand - working with them - Billy Ayres, Bernadine Dorn, or making excuses for them - Major Hassan the Fort Hood shooter.

But than again - it would be best just to put it to rest - I would bet it can't be.

1. Josak profile image61

Sorry can you prove in any way that Bill Ayres is working for Obama or is it our usual nonsense, I know he went to one event Obama had but that is a very different thing.

1. Josak profile image61

Sorry but both of them being on a republican backed education board means absolutely nothing.

not a republican board but one backed by an individual Republican's foundation - admitted and meaningless

Ayers served on two nonprofit boards with Obama. Ayers and his wife hosted a gathering at their home in 1995 where Alice Palmer introduced Obama as her chosen successor. Obama served as president of the board of directors for the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, a large education-related nonprofit organization that Ayers was instrumental in starting. Both attended some board meetings in common starting in 1995, retreats, and at least one news conference together as the education program started. They continued to attend meetings together during the 1995–2001 period when the program was operating.  Obama and Ayers served together for three years on the board of the Woods Fund of Chicago, an anti-poverty foundation established in 1941 and had attended a dozen of the quarterly meetings together with Ayers in the three years up to 2002, when Obama left his position on the board, which Ayers chaired for two years. The two also appeared together on academic panel discussions, including a 1997 University of Chicago discussion on juvenile justice. They again appeared in 2002 at an academic panel co-sponsored by the Chicago Public Library.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obama%E2%8 … ontroversy

Lets try a mental exercise - if Mitt Romney had drifted into orbit with David Duke over and over again and all was congenial and polite would Romney remain unsoiled?  Other than annoitment by the academic left, what is the difference between David Duke and Bill Ayres?

7. profile image0
      danielabramposted 11 years agoin reply to this

They will do anything necessary to get their names out.

2. maxoxam41 profile image65
    maxoxam41posted 11 years ago

As America is pointing out a finger to Europe as for their lack of tolerance in matter of religious belief, it forgets that it is not that good to carry an Arabic name! With a Jewish name, all the doors are open! Arabic, and everybody is looking at you suspiciously!

3. Paul Wingert profile image60
    Paul Wingertposted 11 years ago

Bachmann is a useless POS! Not to mention the idiots that voted for that clown.

4. Doc Snow profile image87
    Doc Snowposted 11 years ago

Sounds like classic witch-hunting to me.  And Bachmann has a long history of, er, unsupported allegations.  (I'm thinking of this incident:  " She cited President Obama's then-upcoming visit to Asia as an example, saying it "is expected to cost the taxpayers $200 million a day...")  It's that 'wing-nuttery', I think, that sank her Presidential campaign (and thank goodness.)

She seems to utterly lack the ability to think critically.

1. Credence2 profile image78

"heated over reaction is not monopolized by Bachmann or Republicans"

Maybe not,  but you certainly are the odds on favorites!

FUX News, winner of the Ted Baxter award for excellence in journalism

Bachmann and FUX News were both irresponsible for promoting a bare face fabrication of a story that on its face was totally ridiculous without taking any effort at verification, prior

1. American View profile image59
          American Viewposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And Harry Reid was so accurate about Romney... Please both sides of the aisle would not know the truth if it smacked them across the face

You and others who speak as if there were no differences between GOP and Dems are making a big mistake. There are many significant differences as well as several similarities (both support our democratic, free-enterprise system and basic Constitutional rights).

1. American View profile image59
              American Viewposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There are differences, shame many cannot see it

2. Credence2 profile image78

AV, please refresh my memory about the relationship between Reid and Romney, did I miss a story?

2. undermyhat profile image60

It will be tragic and fun when the veil is finally dropped on the Abadin business.

5. WillStarr profile image81
    WillStarrposted 11 years ago

" If a member of the intelligence committee has a legitimate reason to believe that a high-level staff member is a security risk, then don't you think they should take it up with the proper investigative agency, and not just blab about it to the media?  "

I have zero faith in an administration which thinks I am a greater terrorist threat than the Muslim Brotherhood and/or radical Islam.

Janet Napolitano has said several times that conservatives like me (one of the most law-abiding segments in America) are a greater terrorist threat than radical Islam, so no, I am not at all satisfied that Huma Abedin has been properly vetted by this amateurish and biased administration.

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
      Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good point.
      We should get Janet Napolitano onto a full investigation of conservatives!
      I believe there are several Tea Party members in Congress who have not been properly vetted in this amateurish and biased administration!

Aside from 911, most of the terrorism incidents have been committed by native born Americans--survivalists, psychopaths, militias, religious fanatics and various hate groups.

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
        Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And there are some who look at 9-11 as having been a domestic terrorism job, as well, Ralph.
        smile

3. profile image0

So, you believe Michelle Bachmann's behavior as a member of the U.S. House intelligence committee is appropriate and professional?

Okay.  roll

House intel leaders disavow Bachmann allegations

Michelle Bachmann is the Hillary Clinton of the GOP but way way way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay hotter.

1. profile image0

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpyfG4wqyiQJ_onkPml81mUItxnKMnCE3bMsKVTFmmnteIaUs8

working man's dream - Yum, beef and bachmann all that is missing is beer

Here's proof that the usual suspects are jumping in bed with Bachmann.

If only

6. WillStarr profile image81

"Aside from 911, most of the terrorism incidents have been committed by native born Americans--survivalists, psychopaths, militias, religious fanatics and various hate groups."

Here's a list of 50 acts of terrorism since 9-11. All of them are radical Islam:

1  The shoe bomber  4  2001  British man tries to blow up a US‑bound airliner with explosives in his shoes but is subdued by passengers and crew—Jolie Yang

2  Padilla  1  2002  American connected to al‑Qaeda who had discussed a dirty bomb attack returns to US and is arrested—Allison Barbo

3  Mt. Rushmore  3  2002  Two men in Florida, one of them possibly connected to an al‑Qaeda operative, plot, crucially aided by an informant, to bomb local targets as well as Mt. Rushmore before 9/11, and are arrested and tried the year after

4  El Al at LAX  4  2002  His business and marriage failing dismally, a depressed anti‑Israel Egyptian national shoots and kills two at the El Al ticket counter at Los Angeles airport before being killed himself in an act later considered to be one of terrorism

5  Lackawanna  1  2002  Seven Americans in Lackawanna, NY, are induced to travel to an al‑Qaeda training camp, but six return disillusioned, all before 9/11, and are arrested the next year—Blaise Katter

6  Paracha  2  2003  A young Pakistani seeks to help an al‑Qaeda operative enter the country to attack underground storage tanks and gas stations

7  Ali  2  2003  A US citizen joins a terrorist cell in Saudi Arabia and plots to hijack a plane in the US and to assassinate President Bush when he is arrested by the Saudis and extradited to the US for trial

8  Columbus and the Brooklyn Bridge  2  2003  American connected to al‑Qaeda  discusses shooting up a shopping mall in Columbus, OH, with two friends, then scouts taking down the Brooklyn Bridge for al‑Qaeda, but  decides it's too difficult—Drew Herrick

9  Barot and the financial buildings  2  2004  Group  in London tied to al‑Qaeda scouts out  financial buildings in US with an eye to bombing them, but never gets to the issue of explosives—Tessa Reinhart

10  Albany  3  2004  Two men in Albany, NY, effectively help fund an informant's terror plot—Michael Spinosi

11  Nettles  3  2004  An American with a long history of criminal and mental problems plots under the nickname of "Ben Laden" to blow up a federal courthouse in Chicago and reaches out for help to a Middle Eastern terrorist group, but gets the FBI

12  Herald Square  3  2004  Loud‑mouthed jihadist in New York and a schizophrenic friend attract informant who helps them lay plans to bomb Herald Square subway station—Surili Sheth

13  Grecula  3  2005  An American with visions of being an modern day Spartacus agrees to build a bomb to be exploded in the US for undercover agents claiming to be al‑Qaeda

14  Lodi  1  2005  American in Lodi, California, who may have attended a training camp in Pakistan but with no apparent plan to commit violence is arrested with the aid of an informant—Andrew Ashbrook

15  JIS  2  2005  American in jail masterminds a plot by three others to shoot up military recruitment centers, synagogues, and a non‑existent military base in the Los Angeles area but, although close to their first attack, the plot is disrupted when they leave a cell phone behind at a funds‑raising robbery—Demetrius Daniels-Hill

16  Pipelines and the terrorism hunter  3  2005  An American offers on the internet to  blow up pipelines in Canada as an aid to al‑Qaeda, and attracts the attention of free‑lance informant—Shannon Buckner

17  U of North Carolina  4  2006  To punish the US government for actions around the world, a former student, after failing to go abroad to fight or to join the Air Force so he could drop a nuclear bomb on Washington, drives a rented SUV onto campus to run over as many Americans as possible and manages to injure nine

18  Hudson River tunnels  2  2006  Angered by the US invasion of Iraq, several men based in Lebanon plot to flood railway tunnels under the Hudson river, but are arrested overseas before acquiring bomb materials or setting foot in the US

19  Sears Tower  3  2006  Seven men in Miami plot with an informant, whom they claim they were trying to con, to take down the Sears Tower in Chicago, then focus on closer buildings—Lauren Brady

20  Trans‑atlantic airliner bombings  2  2006  Small group in London, under intense police surveillance from the beginning, plots to explode liquid bombs on US‑bound airliners—Tyler Puhl

21  Rockford Mall  3  2006  Loud mouthed jihadist attracts attention of an informant and together they plot exploding grenades at a shopping mall in Rockford, IL—David Bernstein

22  Fort Dix  3  2007  Small group target practices, buys guns, and plots to attack Ft. Dix, NJ, with the aid of an informant who joins the group when the FBI is told they took a jihadist video into a shop to be duplicated—Jovan Galevski

23  JFK airport  3  2007  Small group, with informant, plots to blow up fuel lines serving JFK airport in New York—Bryan Staub

24  Vinas  2  2008  New York man travels to Pakistan, is accepted into al‑Qaeda, and plots to plant a bomb in the US, but is being watched and talks after being arrested—David Dawson

25  Bronx synagogues  3  2009  Four men, with crucial aid from an informant, plot to bomb synagogues in Bronx, NY,  and shoot down a plane at a military base—David Bernstein

26  Little Rock  4  2009  American man travels to Middle East to get training, but fails, and on return, working as a lone wolf, eventually shoots and kills one soldier at a military recruitment center in Little Rock, AK—Michael Coleman

27  Boyd and Quantico  2  2009  Complicated conspiracy in North Carolina, including an informant, gathers weapons and may have targeted Quantico Marine Base—Kelly Stritzinger

28  Zazi  2  2009  Afghan‑American and two friends travel to Pakistan to join Taliban, but are recruited by al‑Qaeda to plant bombs on NY subways instead, and are under surveillance throughout—Justin Heilmann

29  Springfield  3  2009  Loud mouthed jihadist plots, with informants, to set off a bomb in Springfield, IL—Ronald Lieberman

30  Dallas  3  2009  Jordanian on a student visa rouses interest from the FBI in internet postings and, together with three agents, tries to detonate a fake bomb in the basement of a Dallas skyscraper—Lauren Brady

31  Mehanna  2  2009  Well‑educated Muslim jihadist may have plotted briefly to shoot up a shopping center in the Boston area and tried to join insurgency in the Middle East, but is arrested for spreading jihadist propaganda—Malgorzata Mrozek

32  Killings at Fort Hood  4  2009  Military psychiatrist, acting as a lone wolf,  shoots up a military deployment center in Ft. Hood, TX,  killing 12 soldiers and one civilian, shortly before he is supposed to be deployed to the war in Afghanistan—Taylor Schmaltz

33  The underwear bomber  4  2009  Nigerian man tries to blow up a US‑bound airliner with explosives in his underwear but is subdued by passengers and crew—Matthew Spade

34  Times Square  4  2010  Pakistani‑American gets training in Pakistan and on his own tries, but fails, to set off a car bomb at Times Square in New York—David Tan

35  Alaska  3  2010  Muslim convert in a remote Alaska town plots the assassination of 20 with the aid of an informant

36  Parcel bombs on cargo planes  2  2010  An effort by al‑Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula to set off parcel bombs implanted in printer cartridges on cargo planes bound for the United States is disrupted

37  DC Metro-bomb plot  3  2010  Pakistani‑American aids FBI operatives posing as al‑Qaeda in a plot to bomb the DC Metro

38  Oregon  3  2010  Teenaged Somali‑American jihadist, unable to go abroad to fight, works with FBI operatives, apparently alerted by his father, to set off a van bomb at a Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Portland, OR—David Bernstein

39  DC Metro-Facebook  2  2010  Virginia man brags without substance to a female Facebook correspondent that he will bomb the Washington Metro soon, and is quickly arrested for making interstate threats, receiving a light sentence—Lauren Brady

40  Baltimore  3  2010  Baltimore man seeks allies on Facebook for violent jihad, and the FBI supplies him with an informant and with a fake SUV bomb with which he tries to blow up a military recruitment center—Lauren Brady

41  Texas  2  2011  Saudi student in Texas, flunking out and displaying intense new discontent on his blog and Facebook profile, is arrested after buying bomb‑making materials and considering potential targets including crowded streets in distant New York and a local residence of former President George W. Bush—David Bernstein

42  Manhattan's pair of lone wolves  3  2011  Upset with how the US treats Muslims around the world mentally ill American citizen, with accomplice and undercover officer, purchases weapons as the first step in a plot to blow up synagogues, the Empire State Building, and other targets in New York and New Jersey

43  Pentagon shooter  2  2011  A US marine reservist with jihadist literature shoots at military buildings in the DC area and is arrested as he seeks to desecrate the graves of veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan

44  Seattle  3  2011  Two financially‑destitute men, exercised over US foreign policy, are arrested in Seattle after they purchase an FBI‑supplied machine gun that they plan to use to attack a military recruiting center after they save up enough money to purchase bullets and other material

45  Abdo  2  2011  A US Army Private, unwilling to wage war on Muslims, is arrested after he buys ammunition and bomb materials to explode in a restaurant popular with soldiers

46  Model planes  3  2011  Seeking to "decapitate" the US "military center," a mentally‑ill hobbyist plots with police operatives to attack the Pentagon and Capitol with remote‑controlled model planes bearing explosives and then to assault the buildings

47  Iran and Scarface  3  2011  An Iranian‑American used‑car salesman from Texas, nicknamed "Scarface" from the results of an earlier street brawl, is arrested for engaging in a movie‑like plot with another man (still at large), with members of the Iranian government, and with a police operative to hire a Mexican drug cartel to blow up Saudi Arabia's ambassador in a Washington restaurant for $1.5 million (wiring the operative $100,000 as a down payment) and to bomb the Israeli embassy in that city

48  Pimentel’s pipe bomb  3  2011  A naturalized US citizen and Muslim convert, hostile to US military ventures in the Middle East, seeks to make pipe bombs using match heads to attack various targets

49  Tampa  3  2012  Under suspicion after he walked into a store seeking to purchase an al‑Qaeda flag, an Albanian‑American loner plots in Tampa with a police operative to detonate a car bomb, fire an assault rifle, wear an explosive belt, take hostages, and bomb nightclubs, a police center, a bridge, and a Starbuck's coffee shop in order to avenge wrongs against Muslims and to bring terror to his "victims' hearts"

50  Capitol bomber  3  2012  A Moroccan man who had overstayed his visa for years and had been thrown out of his apartment for non‑payment of rent, concludes that the war on terror is a war on Muslims, plots with FBI operatives, and is arrested as he seeks to carry out a suicide bombing at the Capitol

So where is your list?

You left off the biggest one--the bombing of the Okalhoma City federal building plotted and carried out by Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols as an act of anti-government terrorism.
      There are plenty more such events, e.g., the shooting of Representative Gaby Gifford and the murder of the abortion doctor, George Tiller in Topeka by a nutcase Christian conservative, Scott Roeder. Those are the ones who come immediately to mind.

2. undermyhat profile image60

no evidence is sufficient to the true believer

http://liberallogic101.com/?cat=12

3. Quilligrapher profile image73
      Quilligrapherposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Howdy Mr. Starr.

I realize you directed your question to Ralph, but with your permission, I would like to respond.

According to the Department of Justice, about 139 prisoners are in federal custody related to acts of domestic terrorism including Theodore Kaczynski, Timothy McVeigh, and Terry Nicols. {1}

A large number of US organizations have been classified by the FBI and DOJ as non-Islamic US domestic terrorism groups: 
      Animal Liberation Front
      Earth Liberation Front
      Jewish Defense League
      Ku Klux Klan
      May 19th Communist Organization
      The Order
      Phineas Priesthood
      Symbionese Liberation Army
      United Freedom Front
      Weathermen
      Alpha 66 and Omega 7
      Army of God
      Aryan Nation
      Black Liberation Army
      The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord

Here is a list of more than 50 acts of domestic terrorism not motivated by radical Islam for just the years 2000 through 2005. They have all been connected to right-wing extremism, and include plots by individuals involved with the militia, white supremacist, constitutionalist and tax protestor, and anti-abortion movements. Some items cover multiple incidents. {3}
      1/3/2000 Petaluma, CA Incendiary Attack Animal Liberation Front 1/15/2000 Petaluma, CA Incendiary Attack Animal Liberation Front 1/22/2000 Bloomington, IN Arson Earth Liberation Front
      5/7/2000 Olympia, WA Arson Revenge of the Trees
      7/2/2000 North Vernon, IN Arson Animal Liberation Front
      7/20/2000 Rhinelander, WI Vandalism Earth Liberation Front
      12/1/2000 Phoenix, AZ Multiple Arsons Mark Warren Sands
      12/9-30/00 Suffolk County, Long Island, NY Multiple Arsons Earth Liberation Front
      1/2/2001 Glendale, OR Arson Earth Liberation Front
      2/20/2001 Visalia, CA Arson Earth Liberation Front

3/9/2001 Culpeper, VA Tree Spiking Earth Liberation Front
      3/30/2001 Eugene, OR Arson Earth Liberation Front
      4/15/2001 Portland, OR Arson Earth Liberation Front
      5/17/2001 Harrisburg, PA Bank Robbery Clayton Lee Waagner
      5/21/2001 Seattle, WA Arson Earth Liberation Front
      5/21/2001 Clatskanie, OR Arson Earth Liberation Front
      7/24/2001 Stateline, NV Destruction of Property Earth Liberation Front
      9/9/2001 Morgantown, WV Bank Robbery Clayton Lee Waagner
      9/01-11/01 New York, NY Bacillus anthracis, Washington, DC Mailings, Lantana, FL

10/14/2001 Litchfield, CA Arson Earth Liberation Front
      11/12/2001 San Diego, CA Burglary and Vandalism Animal Liberation Front 3/18/2002 Erie, PA Vandalism Earth Liberation Front
      3/24/2002 Erie, PA Arson Earth Liberation Front
      5/11-12/02 Harborcreek, PA Vandalism/Destruction of Property
      Earth Liberation Front/ Animal Liberation Front
      8/2002 Pinellas, FL, plot to bomb Islamic Center by Robert J. Goldstein
      8/02-10/02 Henrico and Goochland Counties, VA, , Aaron L. Linas, John B. Wade, and Adam V. Blackwell, Vandalism and Destruction of Property,
      members Earth Liberation Front

8/11/2002 Warren, PA Arson Earth Liberation Front
      9/15-16/02 Harborcreek, PA Vandalism/Destruction of Property
      Earth Liberation Front/ Animal Liberation Front
      11/26/2002 Harborcreek, PA Arson Earth Liberation Front/ Animal Liberation Front
      1/1/2003 Girard, PA Arson Earth Liberation Front
      3/3/2003 Chico, CA Vandalism Animal Liberation Front

8/03-9/03 San Diego, CA Arson Earth Liberation Front
      8/22/2003 West Covina, CA Vandalism and Destruction of Property
      Earth Liberation Front
      8/28/2003 Emeryville, CA Bombing Daniel Andreas San Diego Suspected
      9/26/2003 Pleasanton, CA Bombing Daniel Andreas San Diego Suspected
      11/2003 Bellingham, Washington, anarchist plot to bomb a U.S. Coast Guard station.
      1/19/2004 Henrico County, VA, Arson, Earth Liberation Front Suspected
      4/1/2004 Oklahoma City, OK, Arson, Sean Michael Gillespie/Aryan Nations 4/20/2004 Redmond, WA, Vandalism and Arson, Earth Liberation Front 5/04-7/04 Provo, UT, Vandalism and Arson, Animal Liberation Front

12/27/2004 Lincoln, CA, Attempted Arson, Earth Liberation Front
      1/05-2/05 Auburn, CA Attempted Arson and Arson Earth Liberation Front Sutter Creek, CA
      4/6/2005, sentencing of white supremacist Matthew Hale, solicitation of violence.
      4/13/2005 Sammamish, WA Arson Earth Liberation Front
      7/7/2005 Los Angeles, CA Attempted Arson Animal rights extremists Suspected
      7/18/2005, Atlanta GA, Eric Robert Rudolph, Centennial Olympic Park bombing and others. 
      8/30/2005, Oklahoma City, white supremacist Sean Michael Gillespie, synagogue firebombing.
      9/16/2005 Los Angeles, CA Attempted Arson Animal Liberation Front 11/20/2005 Hagerstown, MD Arson Earth Liberation Front
      12/2005, Wyoming Gas Lines Plot by Michael C. Reynolds

I am afraid that this country has made scores of enemies in the world and radical Muslims are but one group among many.

Thanks for sharing, Mr. Starr.
      http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6919429.jpg
      {1} http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2009/June/09-ag-564.html
      {2} http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_t … ted_States
      {3} http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publi … error02_05

Thanks, Quill.

7. WillStarr profile image81

"You left off the biggest one--the bombing of the Okalhoma City federal building plotted and carried out by Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols as an act of anti-government terrorism.
    There are plenty more such events, e.g., the shooting of Representative Gaby Gifford and the murder of the abortion doctor, George Tiller in Topeka by a nutcase Christian conservative, Scott Roeder. Those are the ones who come immediately to mind.

I gave you a list of fifty Islamic acts of terror. You mentioned one terrorist attack and some murders.

Looks like this was not true:

"Aside from 911, most of the terrorism incidents have been committed by native born Americans--survivalists, psychopaths, militias, religious fanatics and various hate groups."

8. American View profile image59
    American Viewposted 11 years ago

The problem today is that they are trying to make almost any crime a terrorist crime. I mean the way you guys are toss in these groups around you might as well add PETA as a terrorist group

Considering the conduct of OWS I could go for OWS being listed

9. ITcoach profile image57
    ITcoachposted 11 years ago

I am a moderate one but I feel no shame to say that Muslim  brotherhood is prominent in the religious one people but other than the religious one's it is far away. It has too much doubts to say a muslim brotherhood or relationship in any platform.

10. WillStarr profile image81

"According to the Department of Justice, about 139 prisoners are in federal custody related to acts of domestic terrorism including Theodore Kaczynski, Timothy McVeigh, and Terry Nicols. {1}"

Well right off the bat, Timothy McVeigh is not a prisoner. He was executed in 2001.

How many of your 139 are Muslims? You did not say. BTW, radical Islam is not limited to foreigners...we have home grown Islamic terrorists.

In any case, Napolitano claimed conservatives were potential terrorists and almost all of the organizations you listed are left wing loons.

Let's be honest...all those who strap on bombs and try to kill hundreds by taking down an airplane or blowing up Times Square are radical Islamists.

1. Josak profile image61

Actually there are more right wing organizations on that list than left wing.

I, for one, don't suscribe to the left/right silliness.  Tyrants are tyrants.  Tyrants are interested in concentrating power in their hands.  Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot and Hitler were indistiguishable in that regard.  Conservatvie means more and few "right wing" groups are actually conservative in the American tradition of that word - perhaps in the Medeival notion but not the American.

"Conservatvie means more and few "right wing" groups are actually conservative in the American tradition of that word - perhaps in the Medeival notion but not the American."

Is there a difference?

Understanding, studying and thinking about what is meant by an American conservative should clarify.  Russle Kirk's "The Conservative Mind" is a good place to start.

Thanks, I will check into it. I presume if I checked into this, I would have a road map as to the underlyiing philosophy promoted by the Eric Cantors and Michelle Bachmann's of America?

Perhaps, but you would understand me better and isn't that what we want from our brothers and sisters, to be understood.

2. Quilligrapher profile image73

Hi Mr. Starr,

I thank you for correcting my error. I intended to say, “including Theodore Kaczynski and Terry Nichols, convicted accomplice of Timothy McVeigh.” Your original post intended to advance the premise that most domestic terrorist incidents are committed by radical Muslims. Since that notion is clearly in doubt, it appears you would like to now redefine terrorism to include just two categories in order to justify your original ill-conceived notion. What a marvelous technique! Just keep redefining terms until the original misperception becomes valid.

I appreciate your taking the time to reply, Mr. Starr.  Thank you.

How many of your 139 are Muslims? You did not say.

1. Quilligrapher profile image73

Hi Again, Mr. Starr.

You may refer to the links in my post leading to the Justice Department and the FBI. I doubt that crime stats are broken down by religion since few, I imagine, are interested. You may, however, find what you are looking for there. Good luck.   

The most recent perpetrator of an attack on a Sikh Temple in Wisconsin was a US military veteran with an American-sounding name. It will be interesting to see what motivated him if that can be determined. There have been hundreds of non-fatal incidents involving attacks against Sikhs around the country. A Sikh temple in the Detroit area was vandalized not long ago. Fortunately no firearm involvement.

Hi Ralph. It is nice to hear from you.

The notion that radical Muslims perpetrate most domestic terrorism is clearly a false perception. However, we both understand that people who limit their news sources to a very narrow stripe usually have an unbalanced, unrealistic perception of world events.
              Unfortunately, they develop voluntary tunnel vision by reducing their input to only a sliver of enlightenment. On the other hand, people who frequent broader and more varied news sources usually come away with a clearer understanding of what is going on in the world.

Have a great week, Ralph.

Quill,

Though your major point is correct - that there is far more domestic terrorism from non-Muslims than from Muslims - it is hard to shake the stories and images associated with Muslim terrorism within America's borders.  The violence at the Sikh temple in Wisconsin is likely a product of ignorance and hate.  I love the Sikhs I work with.  I have had friendships with Muslims that were rich and rewarding.  There are some powerful Muslim patriots like Dr. Zuhdi Jasser, Amir Tahiri and  Waleed Faris.  Islam does not preclude patriotism, however they are also dedicated modernization and reform of Islam.

The horrifying events of 9/11 has etched an image of terrorism, domestic and otherwise, on America's consciousness that will require strong measures to change.  The continued hostility of radical Islam toward all that is not Islam reinforces that image.  When one realizes there are powerful forces within international Islam that sees the world divided into two spheres, the sphere of Islam and the sphere of Jihad, caution is not only advisable but is a matter of self preservation.

I thank you, Under, for sharing your viewpoint with us. Sorry to see you have been permanently banned.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)