What's the stupidest thing you've done which resulted in your pain?

Jump to Last Post 1-49 of 49 discussions (65 posts)
  1. cindyvine profile image70
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

I just slammed shut the macbook lid with some force to get up and make school lunches, and never noticed that my left nipple was resting on the macbook keyboard thingie and it got tweeked very hard when I slammed the macbook lid down.  Now ten minutes later, it is still stinging and very painful.  I think I might have to go off to school today with one swollen very tender nipple.  This is obviously a side-effect of sitting on the couch braless, checking hubpages when you wake up in the morning.

1. My Inner Jew profile image61
      My Inner Jewposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i just laughed so hard that you brought tears to my eyes...thanks for the heads up, of course my chest is so small, my notebook would have a hard time finding where to shut on it
      I would have to say the most painful thing i have done is walk and it results in my pain...
      My roommates bed (since we are in college) sits a good five feet off the ground.  The best way to get on it is run and jump.  So I started from the back of the room to get a good jump and ran as hard as i could.  Unfortunately my foot caught the cable cord and it obviously tripped me.  I went up in the air and belly flopped right on the floor and slid all the way to the wall on the other side...Note to self...if you can't walk, don't run!

2. RooBee profile image82
      RooBeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cindy -oowweeee! Sorry for laughing at your pain, but you are a true storyteller and have a gift for evoking fits of laughter in me.
      Perhaps you might look in to the MacBook Air - it weighs very little and has less risk of inadvertent boobie-smooshing. smile

3. alekhouse profile image72
      alekhouseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Fell down the back stairs and broke my left foot. Actually I had come down to the kitchen to get some cookies and milk (10 pm). I started back up the stairs (very steep back stairway) when I set off the alarm. In my hurry to get back down and shut it off, I turned and walked out into the air from the fifth stair step. Came smashing down on ankle. OMG worse pain I have ever experienced, except for giving birth. Cried like a baby. Had to crawl to fire alarm box ( if I hadn't, the fire dept. would have come and chopped down my front door to get in.) Called 911 for an ambulance to take me to emergency. Home alone. Couldn't walk. Broke metatarsal bone and sprained a ton of ligaments. Very painful. Laid up for weeks!

4. TrinaLynne profile image69
      TrinaLynneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A very odd sensation crossed through my chest. I feel your pain. I can't think of anything off the top of my head but I pretty sure somethin like that has happened.

2. Teresa McGurk profile image61
    Teresa McGurkposted 14 years ago

That's why I wear a bra all the time, now.  Even in the shower.  Ya never know. . .

3. cindyvine profile image70

Must be a sign of age, Teresa, I'm getting older and my nipples are getting longer.  Either that, or my boobs are drooping causing my nipples to be in places they shouldn't!

4. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Broke two bones in my foot. Going upstairs. That was a good one smile

Hope your bits and bobs are ok Cindy. That musta stung some ...

1. Zeta Sfico profile image60
      Zeta Sficoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

waa.. you're lucky. i'm a robocop you know. 1 metal i my thigh..

2. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're not alone, Frogg. I fell up the stairs a few months ago and broke two bones in my right hand -- the day before the movers were coming as I had just sold my home!  Yee haw!

5. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I once had an extra pound of sugar and no canister to put it in, so - ever so aware of keeping it fresh and well sealed - I put it in a giant glass jar that was a little to unmanageable for my hands.  Just as I finished screwing on the cap (which assured that none of the sugar-weight would be reduced on the way down), I dropped the whole business right on my foot (in that shallow area where your toes and foot meet).  (It's actually kind of amazing how foot pain can travel up to your head and out your ears.)  The moral to the story is "Don't ever put your sugar in a glass jar!"

6. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

lmao Cindy that sounds incredibly painful sad

I once decided to catch and pick up a stray kitten near our house. The kitten was not too pleased and bit my hand. I had to pull the teeth out to drop the cat. I was just staring at it hanging from my hand, screaming. yikes I had to get a tetanus shot! Now I have a scar. The worst part was that I was about 4 months pregnant with my son at the time--we joked he would be born with cat like senses sort of like spiderman, but you know--with a cat. lol

7. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

So does he claw the furniture? Or whut? wink

*Janetta has beautiful babies BTW*

1. profile image0
      Janettaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Frog, my dear big_smile

no, no furniture clawing...though he does wash himself and jumps insanely high  lol

8. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

Poor Cindy!  LOL!  That is horrible.  smile

The dumbest thing I did was ride behind my brother on his motorcycle.  He wrecked, and I got a fractured knee cap.  Unfortunately, that incident didn't stop me from riding behind stupid boys.

9. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

Ow!!!

Cindy, how can anyone top that?

The dumbest thing I ever did was marry my third husband. (See, THIRD husband... that shoulda told me something right there about the wisdom of the whole enterprise.) Slamming by boob in a Mac woulda been way preferable. lol

10. cindyvine profile image70

Yeah, it was a bit like a self-induced mammogram!  Third husband, I stopped after the first!  And cat-boy?  Hmmmmm If he has nin-lives that'll be good.  Motorbikes can be dangerous if you ride behind a careless individual!

11. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

The stupidest thing I've done is walk home from work in the winter about 2 miles in heels.  Ice everywhere.  Of course, about a block or two from home, I slipped and fell--too bad not on my @ss.  Then there would have been a bit of a cushion.  lol.  But no, I split open my knee to the bone and had to go to the emergency room.  smile  Now I have a nice triangle shaped lil scar.

Yeah, I think the boob slam I would have preferred.  smile  So don't feel bad.

12. sunstreeks profile image81
    sunstreeksposted 14 years ago

Tie for 3. Actually there are probably many many more but these ones stick out.

The time I stubbed my toe against the bed post, then when I went to get IBprofun for the pain and didn't close the cupboard and banged my forehead into the corner of the door...Or

the time I sprained my toe slamming it against the tub when trying to get out...Or

When I broke a different toe smashing it into a boot walking up stairs.

I find I cause a lot less pain to myself when I remember to pay attention where I'm walking.

13. RooBee profile image82
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

Okay, for mine- hmm, which tale of stupidity shall I share?
    Once, I rushed down our steep wooden stairs upon realizing that I had likely burnt dinner and fell right on my bum. Totally broke the little 'tailbone' - eeeoowwwchh

14. Christoph Reilly profile image68
    Christoph Reillyposted 14 years ago

Wow Cindy.  That's what you call "too much information."

15. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

A few nights ago i was cleaning and lifted my flat screen tv to clean under. I use it for my computer screen, and i site here alot. The next day my back muscles went into spasms and my husband and landlord had to carry me out to the car to take me to the ER.

16. cindyvine profile image70

Thank God there are other people out there who do stupid things!  Although, it does appear to be only women!  Don't men do stupid painful things as well?

1. profile image0
      dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

he will never admit it but...the day after his vasectemy, hubby decide's hes all better..goes to install a new stove pipe on the wood stove in the garage, (hes tired of freezing his ass off every time he needs to 'get away')of course its snowing, and he just HAS to stand on a saw horse, and slips, ends up straddling the saw horse...or the tiem he slapped hisself right in the balls trying to kill a fly....

2. R. Blue profile image59
      R. Blueposted 14 years agoin reply to this

One 4th of July I was out setting off fireworks with a neighbor and decided that I'd hold a fire spouting cannon in my hand so it would be higher off the ground and more easily seen......the fire part shoots straight up right????  Well I learned the hard way that for every action there is an equal reaction.  Fire also shot out the bottom and gave me a severe burn that hurt like.....well....blazes.  Now I respect fire a lot more.

3. My Inner Jew profile image61
      My Inner Jewposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Haha! Yes!  My grandfather almost killed his two son in laws with a tractor while looking for a christmas tree...hilarious

1. lxxy profile image60
        lxxyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, no...continue on. ;D We must hear the whole story.

*sits down indian style, peering up with doggie eyes*

1. profile image0
          dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i agree. YAY other peoples stupid pain...

17. Joelle Burnette profile image70
    Joelle Burnetteposted 14 years ago

In my drowsy state of mind, I tugged on a loose stitch after surgery that I shouldn't have pulled on...a lot of blood and pain.

18. Enelle Lamb profile image74
    Enelle Lambposted 14 years ago

I'm not sure if this is the stupidest thing I have ever done -ranks right up there - but I agreed, not once, not twice, but three times, to accompany my boyfriend hill climbing in a Jeep CJ5, straight up the face of a mountain...
    The first two attempts were good...it was the third that I regretted...
    I lost count of how many times the Jeep rolled after 6...each time it landed on its wheels, they would compress and launch us into the air for another spin. I remember hearing all the change fly out of my purse and scatter halfway down the mountain...and thinking I hope we run out of rolls pretty soon, cause the river is getting really close...
    And I remember how hard the roll bar was when it connected with the side of my head...I endeavored to keep my head out of its path for the remainder of our trip down the mountain.
    The best thing was the resulting shiner and swelling - the by product of a hairline fracture and concussion - my glasses sat out from my head at a 45 degree angle for about a week...and when anyone asked me what happened, I took great delight in telling them my boyfriend hit me tongue

19. scheinandras profile image61
    scheinandrasposted 14 years ago

My shoes were caught fire once:) that hurt:))) ooohhh it did:)

20. cashmere profile image77
    cashmereposted 14 years ago

Almost went sliding down a waterfall when i lost my balance trying to cross it. My toes dug in to the mud to hold me in place. Had cracked the nails on the big toes. Did it hurt for a month til they grew back.

21. Everyday Miracles profile image85
    Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years ago

I have chosen natural childbirth on more than one occasion big_smile

But I don't really think that's stupid. I haven't gotten hurt much in my life. One broken bone. No, two, sorry. One of those was doing a cartwheel. I did a cartwheel and broke my finger.

22. huisunshine profile image60
    huisunshineposted 14 years ago

ha ha, the most stupid thing I have done was that I didn't agree to marry to a handsome man I loved deeply and still hurts and would be pain for the rest of my life!

But I am only joking!

1. R. Blue profile image59
      R. Blueposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Old Chinese curse:  May you get the things you wish for.

23. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

I was busy staring at the stars and nightdreaming and stepped into a pothole resulting with breaking bones in in my foot in 2 places and spraining my ankle tongue lol spent my summer with crutches sad

24. cindyvine profile image70

I am so pleased I'm not the only one who does stupid things!  But have to ask, how the hell do you set your shoes on fire and were your feet in them at the time?

25. lxxy profile image60
    lxxyposted 14 years ago

Okay, check this out.

Back in the day, G|M was a dork. Okay, I mean, more of one. So he's all riding up to his best friends place, like three miles away in the hot Ohio sun on a bike because he's like 12....and then he waves at random people, because he's a dork and OH! Parked car.

Yep. Actually, it wasn't much pain...happened too fast.

He was laughing more, and others joined in. Yep. Joined in. Thats what I said.

26. Colebabie profile image59
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Slid into second base and broke my foot in 3 places. Kickball is not that serious... but when you're in 5th grade playing with the boys, I guess it is. I've also sprained my ankle quite a few times playing soccer.

27. Dame Scribe profile image56

I have done that too, Ixxy lol another pot hole story tongue lol

28. lxxy profile image60
    lxxyposted 14 years ago

haha, pot..hole..eh? wink

I lost my neurons from the bang and sliding underneath the car. ;D

29. Dame Scribe profile image56

Am sure me n few other Hubbers be willin to lend you some neurons n marbles if you need big_smile wink lol

30. lxxy profile image60
    lxxyposted 14 years ago

Thats okay, that is what abductions are for, right? wink

31. Dame Scribe profile image56

Ooo...now am really curious big_smile you have a abduction plan or experience to tell wink O do tell

32. lxxy profile image60
    lxxyposted 14 years ago

Haha, here's an experience, direct from Texas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFOts0YfZlk

Silly aliens, abducting human technology.

33. Dame Scribe profile image56

My sons love Robot Chicken lol n agree about the silly aliens, lol

34. lxxy profile image60
    lxxyposted 14 years ago

It's all about the Chicken.

Incidentally, you may find it useful to discuss with your boys about not doing drugs. wink

Dood, Robot Chicken is still awesome.

*Edit

Sorry, just kidding, my Dame. smile

35. Dame Scribe profile image56

I don't see you behavin badly Ixxy smile you have returned your kindness with your playful ways, big_smile thanks

36. lxxy profile image60
    lxxyposted 14 years ago

NP. wink

I must beam to the store..need more milk. Or liquor. Maybe both. Beam back soon. ;D

37. Beth100 profile image68
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Stupid thing I have done..let's see... going skiing on a foggy day on the back side.  I continued to ski the whole day, but decided to have that one last run before calling it quits for the day.  I took a wrong turn, ended up on a blue run and hit ice.  Needless to say, I went down, but somehow turned myself towards the double black diamond run.  I tumbled and tumbled down the black diamond run, narrowly missing the trees.  As if that wasn't bad enough, it took the patrol 6 hours to get me off -- a blizzard hit and all lifts were closed and no snowmobiles could make it up on the ice. Ended up with 100 breaks in my leg, torn ligaments, broken knee cap and two complete fractures.

38. Jerry G2 profile image92
    Jerry G2posted 14 years ago

I was walking around a large fire barefoot.  I had just yelled at my Mom to stop complaining because I was being careful, and at that moment when I wasn't paying attention I stepped on a stick that flipped a long metal brand (like a stretched out wire hanger) onto my foot and branded it.  Scar's still there 3 years later and counting and the timing was perfect to make me look like the world's most idiot pyro smile

1. RKHenry profile image65
      RKHenryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Damn I bet that hurt.  Funny story though.

39. HealthCare Basics profile image60
    HealthCare Basicsposted 14 years ago

Years ago, we had a hurricane come through. I had two huge oak trees standing in my front yard. As the winds kicked up, I noticed one on the limbs began to crack  toward the house. I was having the house expanded with renovations to the second floor. Could not let nature destroy all the hard work. I took an extension latter and saw, propped the latter up and climbed up to cut the limb down away from the house. Unfortunately, I was holding the wrong side of the limb when it finally broke. Crashing fifteen feet onto the sidewalk. Reconstructive surgery for all the fractures on my left foot.... sad

40. cindyvine profile image70

Oooo that is frightening!  Hilarious because he nearly killed his own sons with a tractor?

41. dipless profile image67
    diplessposted 14 years ago

broke my wrist playing table tennis, then 4 months later broke the same wrist again playing kiss chase in the play ground.... i was only 10 at the time and i swear they loved to be chased wink

42. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

I am considered a ninja, because of all the stupid ways Ive been hurt. Falling down in law's stairs with ALL the breakable xmas gifts in my arms, I cut my finger wide open on a round soda tank at work, I walk into walls...usally while talking, I have broken my toe playing nerf foootball, I am currently healing from a nasty burn because I was taking out the pizza and forgot the oven was hot...but I think the worst was in third grade we had this big metal slide in thr playground, and someone discovered you can go faster if you sit on a chunk of ice. No one told me your supposed to let go of the ice at the end....broke my tail bone, messed up my hip, and Im still dealing with it to this day...

43. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 14 years ago

I was once putting posters on a wall using drawing pins and pushing the tacks in with the ball of my thumb which was working fine until the head of a tack somehow cut into my flesh and embedded itself inside my thumb with the point sticking out and dripping blood. If I tried to get it out it made the situation worse - more pain and more blood.

All I could do was bandage it up and go to the casualty unit of the local hopsital. When it was my turn to be seen and I was asked what the problem was I just showed my thumb to the doctor. The treatment was what I had tried to do and failed - he just yanked it out and I had to have a tetanus injection afterwards.

I have always been very wary of using drawing pins ever since!

44. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

I slammed my head in the car door when I went to close it and knocked myself out. I actually did that while washing my hair too... I mean I went to flip my hair over my head and smashed my head on the tub. ouch!

Course then there was the time I thought I would act like a dolphin in a pool and scraped my head across the bottom and came looking like a cling on from Star Trek. LOL.

I got stories!

45. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

I opened a door over the top of my big toe.  It peeled my toenail up from the bed.  The doctors were amused.

46. RKHenry profile image65
    RKHenryposted 14 years ago

I rode an old 10speed bike down a newly graveled road, resulted in 18 stitches in my head, 11 in my lip and 6 to stitch back my index finger on my hand.  I was 9.

47. cindyvine profile image70

Sandra, knocking yourself out by slamming your head with the car door does take the cake!

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah it is pretty bad though I was hoping the dolphin experience would take it. big_smile LOL

48. RooBee profile image82
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u73/cyarena/comments/adult-funny/images/71523462.jpg

how bout that one, cindy? smile

1. Sunny Robinson profile image70
      Sunny Robinsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OMG! Lol.  I know that's not Cindy, but I'm imagining the face.  Bahaha.  I guess I shouldn't mention my nipple piercings....

49. anime_nanet profile image59
    anime_nanetposted 14 years ago

When I was 7 years of age or something, I was walking in a street and saw a guy fixing a dor... He was banging a hammer in a nail with large swings. At that time, yes, this is true!, I actually put my head between the hammer and the nail.

And the hammer did fall!! Ouch!

I was so stupid back then...

Hmm, then again, I still am a bit dang!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)