Anyone here from Wizzley?

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (103 posts)
  1. W Vidal profile image58
    W Vidalposted 11 years ago

I have an account in Wizzley, almost 15 article there till now. I have been there for 3 months now. The community there is wonderful, and the staff are amazingly cooperative, even the design and tools, interface are way superior. Anyone who is, or has been there?

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

I put up a few but saw no earnings.  How are yours doing?

W Vidalposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I haven't still applied for an Adsense account. So my whole earnings on Wizzley, are based on Chitika ads. I have made quite like 40$ in 3 months. I need to work more.

I still haven't fixed and settled down on any site, but experimenting the options available. I will make some hubs, then compare them with my earnings in Wizzley.

3. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 11 years ago

Last time I saw them, many if the Wizzley writers here were all in one thread talking about how Wizzley just ditched a guy who writes here and used to write there after he complained about Wizzley on some other website.  It's made for some very mixed feelings.

4. W Vidal profile image58

I find it has all the best features of Squidoo and Hubpages combined, without all the annoying features. For instance approved authors (with dofollow links) can now insert nofollow into the code if they wish. smile

There is a tool through webmaster tools where you can ask your page to be recrawled faster. Takes 24 hours or so. I went through quite a few rev-share sites, so felt the features at Wizzley to be very user friendly.

5. SimeyC profile image87
    SimeyCposted 11 years ago

It's amazing  how many new users we're getting on HP telling us how good Wizzley is? You'd think they'd simply spend all their time on Wizzley and not bother with HP as it is so poor..... big_smile

It's a shame - I have a few articles on Wizzley and had considered going back there and transferring a lot of my idled hubs - but after seeing the type of 'marketing' that seems to be going on - my idled hubs are going elsewhere...

6. lobobrandon profile image87
    lobobrandonposted 11 years ago

Simey Wizzley is a nice place and HP is great too. Most people here have articles on Squidoo and HP. I've instead got them on HP and wizzley. I love both sites and they're both unique in different ways.

One thing I can say is that Religion seems to be a big factor on HubPages. I didn't find that on Wizzley. People don't discuss here how to earn, or write better. Seemingly, they have other issues to discuss.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
        Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you look at who's discussing religion and politics, you'll often find it's not the Hubbers who are interested in making money.  In fact, the most rabid members sometimes have no Hubs at all. 

It's an inevitable downside of HubPages' emphasis on its community aspect.  The forums themselves feature in search engine results and attract people who join mainly for the forums, not mainly for the writing.  Personally I find that annoying, but it does increase visitors to the site as a whole, and I guess that's a good thing.

1. kathleenkat profile image84
          kathleenkatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I discuss those topics a lot, and I am interested in making money. And I'm just starting out.

I can think of several Hubbers with hundreds of Hubs who frequent those forums.

2. profile image0
          calculus-geometryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You do realize that people can operate more than one account, don't you? In most cases, the real live human behind a 0-hub account also operates a more anonymous account with a positive number hubs.

2. SimeyC profile image87
      SimeyCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree - I did enjoy writing on Wizzley. I just think it is strange that in the space of a couple of weeks, quite a few new users have come in the forums and basically stated that HP is crap, Wizzley is far better.

I wonder if any Hubbers go to Wizzley's forums and do the same - I know I'd never do that.

For me, these type of posts, whether legit or not, are tarnishing Wizzley  - doesn't mean I'd tell anyone else what to do though...

"I just think it is strange that in the space of a couple of weeks, quite a few new users have come in the forums and basically stated that HP is crap, Wizzley is far better."

-Hello SimeyC. When did I say HubPages HP is crap, Wizzley is far better?

Please maintain mutual respect. I have no prejudice against any certain rev-share site. I am looking for better earning, and I am experimenting both Wizzley and HP. However, it seems YOU have a prejudice against a certain website.

Sorry to say, but your latest response was quite disappointing.

1. SimeyC profile image87

This whole sentence basically says it....

"The community there is wonderful, and the staff are amazingly cooperative, even the design and tools, interface are way superior"

...I have nothing against Wizzley, it is a great site - and we're in a free country so you can have your opinion I can have mine.

"The community there is wonderful, and the staff are amazingly cooperative, even the design and tools, interface are way superior"

-Where does that say, what you accused it to be, which is, 'HP is crap, Wizzley is far better'?

Free speech doesn't mean you can accuse people at random without valid reason.

Just read my next post where I apologize for reading it a different way than you meant it...

The real question is why did you accuse me? Was that your comprehension, or something else?

Now you're accusing 2 established writers of having ulterior motives - so I cannot accuse you of something, but you can accuse me of something?

As I stated, you're not the first person to come on HP and tell us how great Wizzley is - I simply reacted in the wrong way as I misinterpreted what you said....

Can we not leave it at that?

It's a valid question I am asking. I am not accusing. Anyway, you are free to escape.

2. Novel Treasure profile image88
          Novel Treasureposted 11 years agoin reply to this

But apparently you do feel the need to...as you are taking the time to bash them in the forums.

2. lobobrandon profile image87
        lobobrandonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Actually I don't get the point of coming up and posting about one site on another. If there are some real facts as to tips that could be implemented from another site etc. I get it. But, these random posts are just too many.

1. EGAD Call profile image59
          EGAD Callposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Okay, how much have you made in a year on HubPages? You hit it pretty hard. Did it pay off in cash?

1. lobobrandon profile image87

Hmm I don't think I should answer that in the public forums, moreover to you a person with 0 hubs.

2. SimeyC profile image87

I have no problem with objective discussion. Wizzley does have a nice interface, there are things HP can improve on...

..and I apologize for jumping on W Vidal who is probably an innocent bystander who got caught up...

...there just has been a concerted effort by many new hubbers to discredit HP and tell everyone how good Wizzley is - that's what I take offence to.

And again W Vidal - I am sorry if that was not your intention.... or if I mis-interpreted your words...

You are offended because someone realizes HubPages is a second rate sweatshop with an outdated, license free program?

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image79
              Healthy Pursuitsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Gee, do I detect a note of banned hubber playing sock puppet?

2. Barbara Kay profile image73
              Barbara Kayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

EGAD Call, With 0 hubs, how can you even give an opinion? Especially put Hubpages down? Many of us do quite well here.

3. W Vidal profile image58

Tips? You want tips that could be implemented? Did you really read my posts? Or did you just jump into conclusions which are based on preconditions?

"For instance approved authors (with dofollow links) can now insert nofollow into the code if they wish.

There is a tool through webmaster tools where you can ask your page to be recrawled faster. Takes 24 hours or so
          ."

1. lobobrandon profile image87

You can use webmaster tools here too  - I do it all the time. I've even done the no follow tag here - so I don't see what new stuff you're suggesting tongue

Please explain how you apply them here. And, you seem to have obviously missed my suggestions. Very instructive to what your motives are.

3. WriteAngled profile image74
        WriteAngledposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Haven't you caught on that it is the HP resident troll back under yet another new ID!

big_smile big_smile Yep - I just felt like a bit of an argument! or not as the case may be!

2. W Vidal profile image58

'EGAD' Call do seem to be a little strange. But it's little indecent to call him a troll. I have seen many people here who go on without hubs. You don't find these people on Wizzley.

1. Shanna11 profile image75
            Shanna11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Psh, most things on the Internet are very indecent. Calling a troll a troll is just the truth.

7. EGAD Call profile image59
    EGAD Callposted 11 years ago

Wizzley, HubPages, and all of those other content farms that sling words at the search engine are low earners with obsolete publishing programs. It is a long way up to the bush leagues from here. I wouldn't waste time on either one.

Well, my Chitika Ad earnings on Wizzley are $40, till now. That earning is based on 15 articles which earned traffic for 3 months. Not very bad an equation, actually.

I get $150 for an 800 - 1200  word article in a local giveaway newspaper. $40 doesn't go far around here. We call that chump change for that much work. You are setting a precedent for working too cheap. They expect it from real writers now.

That's your perspective. Some writer on HP can even earn like $3800, per month. But, as in every field, it requires effort.

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image79
            Healthy Pursuitsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You're replying to the nebulus nowhere - that is obviously someone who USED to write on HP.

I never encountered a troll or a sockpuppet on Wizzley. Sad that these are allowed here on HP.

2. Tosch profile image61
            Toschposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are deluded, bro. There is no $3800 on Hub Pages.

http://randygodwin.hubpages.com/hub/Goo … ges-Forums

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/103890

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/103182

While you can find people who make $1000+ a month, you will never hear how long they've been making that amount, how many years they've been here publishing hubs, how many hubs they have, and most importantly of all, how many man hours went into creating those hubs.

I'm not talking about just writing them, I'm talking about researching keywords, checking for similar hubs and trying to make your own hubs different, editing, going back and adding amazon products, looking for amazon/ebay products, looking for or taking photos, promoting the hubs through backlinking, going to answer comments, going through all your hubs and interlinking the ones on similar topics, sprucing up idled hubs, and on and on and on.

If you think about the amount of time you have to spend on each hub vs what they've earned you, I'd bet the figure would be below min wage. HP with their idiotic idling program no longer offers passive income. It's time to build your own websites people. It's not hard.

Telling lies is a part of rev-share business. You should realize the fact that everyone is not Jesus. $3800 might be a lie, but that I earn $40 per month on Wizzley, is a fact. If you're not interested in that figure, then that's another matter.

1. psycheskinner profile image84
                psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Telling lies is not a part of it for many people.  If I catch anyone lying even once, I never believe, support or promote them ever again.  I think blatant dishonesty is not something we should accept.  I don't think Hubpages are party to it.

If it all very good if you are correct in your guess.

1. psycheskinner profile image84
                    psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It is a judgement based on a range of data, and a history of interactions.

2. Shanna11 profile image75
                Shanna11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I earn 60 a month on Hubpages, and that's a fact. There's revenue to be earned on a lot of different writing sites. It's about finding the ones that best suit your needs. Wizzley is good, but it doesn't fit me as well as Hubpages does. Perhaps it's the opposite for you.

Well, the color red isn't better than the color blue. There are choices. But when practical earnings are a concern, considering a set of criteria and parameters obviously takes place while decision making.

8. Victoria Lynn profile image89
    Victoria Lynnposted 11 years ago

I've only made 2 bucks at Wizzley in 3 months. Maybe I'm not signed up for Chitika . . . ? It's a nice site, with helpful admin, but I don't get the sense of community--and definitely not the earnings. But, hey, whatever works for folks. I'll probably continue to post a few things there. It doesn't hurt to branch out.

9. Greekgeek profile image78
    Greekgeekposted 11 years ago

EGAD (I don't know why I'm responding, since you seem to be another one of the "show us all your income, and I'll tear you a new one 0-hub posters that have been showing up so often lately)...

you seem to have missed out on the concept of royalties and passive income.

You get $150 for an 800-1200 word article posted once in a local giveaway newspaper. Then it's over with, done, and you never get any more money for it. You're shortchanging yourself.

I get $9-55 every MONTH for a lot of my articles-- and that's just advertising revenue, not counting affiliate sales. Okay, so it only earned me $9 this month, but if it earns that every month. If payouts keep going up, which generally they do, it'll have earned at least $120 in a year. And on top of that, it gets sales commissions, so that's going to match your $150. And then, it will keep earning money for years.

And if it's one of my top earning articles, it's going to beat your earnings within 3 months and then keep earning month after month.

The old get-paid-once paradigm does not satisfy me. I prefer to publish my content in places where I get paid for the number of readers and/or sales it brings in. Over time, that adds up to considerably more than what a publisher is willing to pay me for a single article.

The question is just which sites pay us the best ROI. It depends partly on the site's fortunes and payment setup, and partly on one's own skills and content choices.

10. lobobrandon profile image87
    lobobrandonposted 11 years ago

Ok, I close the statement there. Learn a bit of HTML and you'd know how to add the rel no follow tag. And a bit of browsing through webmaster tools and you'd learn to fetch as Google bot. All the best in your endeavors - signing out of this post.

11. Greekgeek profile image78
    Greekgeekposted 11 years ago

lobobrandon: I've had some problems with Hubpages' editor stripping out nofollow attributes and even stripping my affiliate ID off a Zazzle link so that I wasn't credited with a sale. sad

12. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 11 years ago

What's Wizzley?

1. Victoria Lynn profile image89
      Victoria Lynnposted 11 years agoin reply to this

LOL, Mark Ewbie!

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
        Mark Ewbieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I was hoping for a bite...

2. shibashake profile image83
      shibashakeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

HP is of course Harry Potter and Wizzley is his best friend. From this thread it seems they are having some sort of argument, probably over Quidditch.

1. Aficionada profile image80
        Aficionadaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

How did this get overlooked earlier? It's too adorable! I may frame this and put it on the wall. big_smile

1. shibashake profile image83

LOL! Time to make HP is better than Wizzley t-shirts, with a lightning bolt and broom at the bottom.

We can also make Wizzley is better than HP t-shirts and really corner the market. big_smile

LOL, I'm in!  Let's get Ewbie to design them - red hair and a really spacey look on his face for the "Wizzley is better" shirts. Should we pull Squidoo in too? Maybe let Squidoo be Snape? Or Voldemort? No.... Hang on! Squidoo is actually Quidditch!

Nahhhh, we can leave them out. This is really just an HP-Wizzley "conversation," after all.

I do have an actual, serious question about the Zz site, though. Some people who write for both sites have touted Wz's editorial standards. A moment ago when I did some perusing on that site, I noticed that most of the staff come from Germany. So, who is making the editorial decisions about the use of the English language? Are there separate or additional editors who do that, or is it the staff? Does the group include anyone whose first language is English?

1. Jean Bakula profile image93
              Jean Bakulaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

When all the rules were changing at HP, Wizzley was thought to be "the next, great site." Many of the new people at Wizzley were from HP, and they went with anger, which they couldn't let go of. A lot of them went on the Wizzley forums to knock HP. It was not very nice. Wizzley and Infobarrel do not allow discussions of religion or politics in their forums, because it gets too nasty. Wizzley takes it further. They don't want to hear about your break ups, how you get along with your ex, and there is a whole list of no/nos. I write a little on Wizzley, but didn't find much interest for the topics I write about. Having said that, I like the crowd now that it is more diversified. It is different, the fonts are orange, but you can change all that if you calm down and look at all the features. There is a lot of freedom in the way you set up your article, and more ways to make money (though I found I didn't make money from them). I may not have given it enough time, which matters, your work must age. I am going back to Wizzley soon after I finish another project, because I think I know what interests the crowd there now. But at first if you came there from HP, you were dissed if anyone knew you came from HP and you didn't complain about it on the forums at Wizzley. That's childish. Each site will have good points and ones you don't like as much. Most have stricter rules than HP. Infobarrel takes a few days to approve your article, and I even had an original piece of mine held because they claimed it appeared copied. It was not. I'd rather write on a site that is more careful and has higher standards.

Thank you, Jean. I appreciate your comments, and I totally agree with you that each site has its better and worse points that will differ from the others.

My question about the editors at Wizzley is really just a point of curiosity with me. I have seen some good writers here (at least, I think it was here - no promise, though) mention that their work did not pass muster there the first time or two, and I simply became curious to know who was doing the moderating.

2. Georgie Lowery profile image89
        Georgie Loweryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Is that the one where they have to take that ring into Mordor? I thought Wizzly was the giant all-seeing eyeball thing?

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
          Kangaroo_Jaseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hobittzezzzz, ................. dirty....filthy.......Hobitzzzzzzz ezzzzzz !!!!!!

2. shibashake profile image83

What a great idea! I would definitely join a writing site called Sauron.com.

They would give out rings to all new recruits and when our hubscore gets high enough, we would receive the title of Ring Wraith. Then we can venture forth and slay all our enemies!

13. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
    LuisEGonzalezposted 11 years ago

Please forgive me if I stand on the sidelines for this one. I am still worn out from the last Wizzley forum session................wink

Are you a wrestler or what?

14. CyclingFitness profile image88
    CyclingFitnessposted 11 years ago

Just had a look at some of the sports related Wizzley pages. The formats for many look very amateurish and blog-like. Especially for sports content which doesn't seem to have a lot of potential flow through from articles. Maybe I'll stay away for now and keep an eye on it from a distance.

15. kathleenkat profile image84
    kathleenkatposted 11 years ago

I joined Wizzley, but I am still very wary of it. As they advertise to refer people, you earn a percentage of their earnings, screams "Pyramid scheme" to me.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ah, just like the Hubpages referral scheme. Yep, pretty much works the same way I believe, refer people and earn a percentage of their revenue. Well, not their revenue, but the sites.

If you're concerned that Wizzley is operating a pyramid scheme, you should also be concerned that HP is operating a pyramid scheme, although in reality, neither are.

Hmm.I never heard anything about referrals. Shows how new I am.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
          Kangaroo_Jaseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Kathleenkat,

Its not a concern as very, very few people signup under another user either here or on Wizzley. Long term, it is not the best way to earn money on revenue sharing websites like Wizzley, Squidoo, or HubPages.

2. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The percentage of the referred user's revenue that you earn is not taken out of his or her earnings, it's taken out of the website's pocket.

3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87
      mistyhorizon2003posted 11 years agoin reply to this

HP do the same through referral/tracker codes, i.e. you sign someone up through your affiliate ID and earn commissions on their income for life, (although HP cover this cost not the author who signed up under your affiliate).

16. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 11 years ago

Well, if any previous discussions had left me wavering in my opinions about Wizzley, the most recent posts about it have settled the subject once and for all. So they have performed a kind of public service, haven't they?

17. isenhower33 profile image65
    isenhower33posted 11 years ago

Everything is a pyramid if you look at it. If you work for anyone you are in a pyramid. Any company you work for unless you own it yourself is a pyramid just so everyone knows. And a ton of companies use referrals thats just to boost the community.

18. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

I just think it is strange that in the space of a couple of weeks, quite a few new users have come in the forums and basically stated that HP is crap, Wizzley is far better. {quote}

I noticed this recently after a hubber posted a thread with the rather rude message from Wizzley.  Soon after a few new accounts were formed trolling the forums.

I looked at Wizzley when it first started and didn't like the format.  I looked at it recently and still don't like the blog look of the articles with the different font colors on the headings.  The paragraphs seem too separate, not like a magazine layout which flows easier while reading.  I saw an article about boots with large Amazon images, but no price or info shown. You had to click on the Amazon image.  Generally if I go to an article to find out about a product, I want to see the info and price before clicking.  I know not all writers there do that, but that's one I saw.

{I couldn't figure out how to quote. It didn't work.}

1. wilderness profile image93
      wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What??  You've seen new users come into the forums slamming HP for the earnings potential? 

*You might want to check the history of the OP, and read the only hub published so far*

2. W Vidal profile image58

She knows I am testing this site and evaluating, if she had read my opening posts. However, 'EGAD Call' and the other profiles are not acceptable. It were better if hubpages could get rid of them.

I didn't see such things in Wizzley. It was unexpected.

19. starme77 profile image76
    starme77posted 11 years ago

what? - Ok I have been gone awhile with my crazy divorce and teenagers to take care of and an 88 year old but damn - things have changed - I thought for the better ,,, until now... WOW ... well, Ok all you wizzly people can just go back to wisslye  or whatever u call it - we don't want ya anyway ... hahaha... yup .... Starme iz Back smile

20. starme77 profile image76
    starme77posted 11 years ago

And Hub pages iz da bomb smile  - hey we should start a forum to ban all wizzley people haha - yep ... lets get a petition going hahaha smile

1. wordscribe43 profile image90
      wordscribe43posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow, starme.  That would entail a lot of HP people.  It's not as black and white as you think.  There's nothing wrong with being a member of both Wizzley and Hubpages.  It's a good idea to spread yourself out, after all.  HP people can still like HP AND Wizzley at the same time.  It doesn't have to be one or the other.  I just take offense to your comments.  They are both great platforms...

1. starme77 profile image76
        starme77posted 11 years agoin reply to this

yeah , i just get tired of people in the forums causing drama , so , every now and then I tell em off ya know... I mean damn,  if one is going to spend their time comparing writing sites in such negative ways, then I'm gonna be negative back - sure there are plenty of writing sites out there and a seasoned, intelligent writer never puts all of their eggs in one basket,

2. theherbivorehippi profile image66
      theherbivorehippiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

How immature it is to feel as though people have to pick sides. Are we in high school? I am also offended.

1. starme77 profile image76
        starme77posted 11 years agoin reply to this

my point, it gets annoying listening to whiners in here

21. profile image0
    DigbyAdamsposted 11 years ago

I write at Squidoo, Wizzley, and HP. I don't consider myself to be "from" any of them. What is different for me is that my Squidoo and Wizzley traffic (and therefore sales) have gone up during the last few Google updates and my traffic has crashed at HP. Between that and the new idle feature, I'm having a hard time wanting to write at HP right now. There are only so many hours in the day....

I could care less about the forums at any of them, the name of the site or any of the politics. It's about the traffic and money. Right now HP is at the bottom of the pile. But that doesn't mean I've given up on HP either. I'm just trying to figure out what kind of content will work best here.

22. Damsonia profile image58
    Damsoniaposted 11 years ago

I really like Hubpages and Squidoo. Will definitely check out Wizzley!

23. ivanmarginal profile image61
    ivanmarginalposted 11 years ago

Unfortunately they don't accept PayPal...

24. W Vidal profile image58

Wizzley doesn't pay through paypal. Earnings are disbursed by Google Adsense itself. Now Adsense doesn't use paypal either. There are many valid reasons that both of these choose not to use paypal. A little google search will reveal why.

I like the sound of it.  Can you put in a word for me?  Sort of smooth the way a bit?  I have in the past implied the Chef bloke was a slight homosexual - in a joky way of course - and I just need an introduction from a seasoned Wizzler such as yourself.

Here's what you could write.

Mark's a really good writer about t-shirt sales and has an Amazon account. He would like to join up and make the t-shirt sales section a bit better.

"I have an account in Wizzley, almost 15 article there till now. I have been there for 3 months now."

-Now, Mark, does that make me a 'seasoned Wizzler'?

Oh.  Only three months.  We'll talk more in a year or so.

You must be a fast learner, in that case.

25. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 11 years ago

Wow, three socks in the one thread? That's a bit of a record for our old friend!

No longer a minority...

http://www.dreamstime.com/pile-of-socks-thumb1913637.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)