marriage and sex!!

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (80 posts)
  1. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

Do You think if my husband see I wrote about him not wanting to have sex he will be upset with me? LOL its true and I tell All!!!!!

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very naughty of you to do so. He is unlikely to appreciate it.

It will not be about the sex, we men get all weird over lots of things!

2. profile image50
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just let me know when he's out, the Captain will pop over smile

1. profile image0
        ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm closer to her BC. Much closer.

1. profile image50
          CabinGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Likes your big pan hun, you use it much smile

1. profile image0
            ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

One is my smoker and the other is my Weber. Use them frequently yes.

2. fortunerep profile image68
        fortunerepposted 14 years agoin reply to this

????[

1. fortunerep profile image68
          fortunerepposted 14 years agoin reply to this
    3. Davinagirl3 profile image60
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Find a surrogate.  Unless he is injured in some way, he should have a good excuse.  If not, you should mix it up.  That is what a man would do.

kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL ok im picking your answer. lol Whos game? haha

1. profile image59
          logic,commonsenseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm game, just don't shoot me!  smile

2. Inspirepub profile image73
          Inspirepubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you're going down that path, do it right:

With The Knowledge And Consent Of All Concerned - Polyamory

A woman's sex drive peaks at 36 - a man's peaks at 18. If your spouse is around your age, then when you hit your 30s you are going to have a desire mismatch.

Yes, emotional stuff can affect a man's sex drive, as can medical stuff, but natural hormone levels are usually the main driver of this phenomenon.

Yes, force him to talk about any suppressed resentments, but don't expect that to resolve the problem entirely. I went through this with my husband, and while we now have our emotional relationship at a stellar level, he just genuinely doesn't mind going a week or two without sex.

A healthy woman "of a certain age" needs two or three men of the same age to comfortably meet her sexual needs. Or one 21-year-old, of course, but there are other downsides to that, if you only have one sexual partner.

Of course, adding a younger lover on the SIDE can be a good solution.

Or, you can be patient. Your hormone levels will drop, and in about 15 years, you won't care so much ...

Jenny

1. memorygraphics profile image60
            memorygraphicsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i m a little confused r u giving her a SOLUTION to have an affair and cheat on her husband and work out things this way
            wow u rock !!!
            nd dont give links in ur post an error comes becauz of tat

1. Inspirepub profile image73
              Inspirepubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you had read the link, you would have seen that I am not advocating an affair at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyamory

Jenny

4. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He's nuts.  You are so freaking hot I just want to.......  OOPS, the wife just walked in, gotta go.

LOL oh my!!

2. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

lol!  Yes.  Shame on you.  Men are supposed to want it all the time and stuff, you know...  Hurt his ego.

btw, my bf is upstairs and is "very, very tired."  smile  Well, he actually is--he got up at 3 am this morning...

3. kmackey32 profile image64

Yea well, My man should want it ALL THE TIME. and it makes me soooo mad!! sadly he knows it upsets me and does it intentionally so i have no choice but to write about it.!!! HA

1. usmanali81 profile image61
      usmanali81posted 14 years agoin reply to this

One of the basis of stronge relationship is to compromise.
      If both of you want sex = OK
      If both of you does not want sex = OK
      If one of you wants sex = CONFLICT (To overcome this conflict you or your husband have to compromise sometimes and you (husband or wife) have to do it against your will).

1. LondonGirl profile image81
        LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't agree, I don't think anyone should have to have sex if (s)he doesn't want to.

then their could be unrest or conflict

Usually dealt with by genuine communication and love.... no big deal.

Yes, it's not a big deal, by effective communication and taking care or each others needs and desires the partner (male/female) can compromise and have sex for the contentment of other.

2. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe he has something wrong and doesn't know how to discuss it. Honestly you should not post about it especially since you use your real pic. Someone he knows may be reading this and you are humilating him by doing it. How would you feel if he told the entire World there was something sexually wrong with you? I would certainly think that you would be mortified. smile

4. sweigand profile image61
    sweigandposted 14 years ago

Put your foot down! Haha

1. Daniel Carter profile image63
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Um, excuse me, but I get the DISTINCT feeling this isn't about a foot. I think other things are going down. At least, that's my best memory of it. LOL

1. Colebabie profile image60
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Things shouldn't be goin' down, they should be goin' up!

5. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I've dealt with this before. It's really frustrating. It is just a matter of making him understand that it is important to you. Sometimes finding the reason why he doesn't want it helps hmm

I think you are right Colebabie, men often hide their reasons for witholding sex too, and it may be something that you feel is unrelated. We men can be strange about sex.

6. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Yeah. In my partner's case it was a lack of sleep. Working 5 days a week from 8am-6pm will do that. So we switched up our routine. But it could also be something medically related?

7. kmackey32 profile image64

Oh my!! LOL

8. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

It hurts women's feelings more than men's I think--I mean when the guy doesn't want to have sex. Men grow up expecting to have to wheedle you into it so I don't think they get upset as easily if you don't want it unless it happens constantly. Then they get upset.

Here's a tip, take it or leave it:

If your guy doesn't want sex with you, tell him you understand and you think it would be good for both of you to go a couple months without it. Tell him you need the break too and make it clear that, while you are available for cuddling and affection, no sex. It's just gotten too stressful for both of your and so forth and so on and so forth. Be sincere and convincing.

I personally have never made this agreement and had the guy make it through a single day.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love this suggestion, Pam!

Seriously though, I'm really worried about the original post. If she's really trying to solve a genuine problem, then humiliating her husband by posting on this forum is the worst thing to do.  Of course he's going to laugh if he sees it, what else can he do?  It doesn't mean he's not hurt inside. 

The only way to fix this kind of problem is to talk about it.  If the two of you can't communicate, you might as well give up and walk out now - your marriage will fail eventually.

If he's had an affair before, it doesn't sound like the problem is a low sex drive.  He either has a problem, or he's having an affair.  Either way, advertising it all over the internet is only going to make it worse.

9. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 14 years ago

I'm starting to think about spiders. The male usually gets eaten after sex.

Is this relevant? I don't think about spiders often.

10. kmackey32 profile image64

hmmm good idea!!

11. Pete Maida profile image60
    Pete Maidaposted 14 years ago

I have to tell you that I would not mention my wife's interest level in sex; that to me is personal information that I do not feel I have the right to divulge.

1. profile image50
      CabinGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah babes but I so know by the smirk on your face you are so not having probs, us girls know these things. Cute smirk smile

1. profile image50
        badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jeeeez you on the loose !

2. LondonGirl profile image81
      LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

With you there, it's private.

3. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's why you're such a stand up fella, Pete.

12. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

I know my husband would be super mad if I told the internet world he didnt want any. Becuase its personal. He would be mad if I said he had cheesburgers last night. I dont think men really think women want it. Im gonna guess there is a reason. Your going to have to talk to him.(Cant jsut punish him, even tho its more fun and easier)..I know when it happend to me,there was a hell of a reason....

13. profile image58
    Blackngoldbananaposted 14 years ago

He'll probably be really mad if he finds out...but that could be a good thing....an argument might bring things to a "head" (no pun intended).

If its not a "working too much" reason or a physical problem, there is probably some underlying problem (like he's mad at you for some reason or sleeping with someone else).

Good luck with this.  I had (note the past tense) a non-sexual husband.  Actually he only wanted to do it with himself if you know what I mean.  It was very frustrating and I left him because I wanted sex more than 3 times a year (and didn't want to have to beg for it).

Men who deny sex to their women (and I believe that there are a lot of them out there) don't realize how it hurts a woman's self-esteem.  Even though I was only 27, 5'3" 120 pounds with a great figure and a good job, his lack of desire for me made me feel ugly and unattractive and worthless.

Yup this is so true! Thats why i rely on others, which prolly isn't a good thing for him!!

14. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I agree it's private, and I would never discuss such matters publicly. Of course, I use my real name,location and picture. You don't use your real name so maybe he won't find out. But I would think about his feelings.

15. mydreamsRtrue profile image59
    mydreamsRtrueposted 14 years ago

of course he will get mad...!
    Naught!

But I don't have that problem he's availabe 4 time a week so that good for me! and him as
    I don't see him Tues-fri only have him Sat -Monday really want him home

16. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

Let's see...marriage - is OK
    Sex...is very OK
    I guess my answer is "Yes, please" big_smile

17. kmackey32 profile image64

lol
    oh my

18. memorygraphics profile image60
    memorygraphicsposted 14 years ago

if her husband finds out or read this discussion he should dump her , if he doesnt he is cheating on her for sure
    other prospective
    u remember the friends episode where carol changed he sexual preference suddenly after 4 yrs of marriage

1. Colebabie profile image60
      Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

She is frustrated. Being frustrated she is looking for an outlet. Just because she is frustrated does not give her husband the right to dump her. She is looking for a better way to communicate. Good for her to try and help her marriage.

Other perspective: Carol did not "suddenly" change her sexual orientation after four years of marriage. She had feelings before her and Ross started dating and did not choose to act on them until Ross brought up the idea of a threesome smile

1. memorygraphics profile image60
        memorygraphicsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

1st prospective : i was kidding and she is not at all communicating with her husband but with useless hubbers<including myself>
        2nd prospective : carol must not be a lesbian initially it happend after she started hangin out with
        the other girl suzana
        final prospective : marriage n all stuff suck . livin reationship is much better

19. mz_247_njinfo profile image60
    mz_247_njinfoposted 14 years ago

I had the same situation with my ex - husband. I thought it was from all of the hard work he was doing. As it turned out he was cheating. YOu may want to take a closer look.

20. kmackey32 profile image64

Yea hes cheated once before.

21. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Just to let you know, I can appreciate your situation--why do ya think I divorced six wives in a row?  (No, no!  It wasn't me not wanting sex enough; it was them...but then I WOULD say that,  wouldn't I....)big_smile

Hm. I may have to rethink that...6 in a row...could be it wasn't SEX they didn't want; it was ME they didn't want?  Maybe I should've read a book or something....smile

22. wesleycox profile image70
    wesleycoxposted 14 years ago

Hmm, tough question.  Um... yeah it is wrong to post such a question on a forum.  For crap sakes, what are you really after?  Your husband may not want to have sex with you for several reasons.  Talk about it.  Find out what is going on with him and why the lack of interest.  Furthermore, men have emotional needs too.  And the lack of emotional fulfillment could become a cause for lack of desire.  I hope you understand the importance of "Not hanging your underwear out to dry" in public forums.  This course of action will never help any relationship issues.

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't agree with you more.smile

1. TamCor profile image80
        TamCorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm with them...and Pete Maida...

2. Davinagirl3 profile image60

But, it is true that if a woman were to stop having sex with her husband, the husband might try to find alternate means.  I am sure that if she is posting this, she has tried some form of communication.  Anyone who knows KM, at all, knows she is not afraid of a conversation.

Come ON--Is nothing sacred when it comes to marriage or relationships anymore?  I cannot even imagine posting this type of problem on a public site, nor can I imagine how terrible I would feel if my husband did.

If you have problems, talk about them between the two of you--I'm pretty sure that's what wesleycox is trying to say(please correct me if I'm wrong, wesley)

I don't know how old wesley, or Aevans, or even Pete Maida is, but I'm pretty sure this is not a "generation gap" issue...I've felt like this my whole life, and I know I am not the only one who does...

Call me old-fashioned all you want, but at least what goes on in my marriage--STAYS in my marriage.

1. Misha profile image62
          Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It works for you. But it might be not the best recipe for everybody smile

2. Davinagirl3 profile image60

I agree, personally, but I am not going to chastise KM for her original question.  I am looking at it objectively.  I don't know her husband and hopefully she will, if she hasn't already, get to the bottom of her dilemma. I am not knocking anyone's opinion.  I am guessing there is some anger in her choice of forum... and she may have gone about expressing her anger in a way that others' disagree with, but I still say if it were the other way around, her husband would be angry, too.

23. kmackey32 profile image64

nonsense he said I could... lol

24. kmackey32 profile image64

It ok he didn't care. I showed him right after I posted it and he laughed at me..

25. kmackey32 profile image64

I should have called this forum whats appropriate to post. Not everyone is going to have the same view. My husband is a jokester. He finds humor in everything, including this thread...

1. Davinagirl3 profile image60

Good.  I knew you had probably talked to him already.  I started a thread about adultery, and I had people sending me emails about my "problem".  My husband laughed because it was just a general question.

Oh yea he saw just after I posted it. I tell all remember. I cant keep a secret. lol

26. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

If your only problem with current husband is sex Kristie, you really may benefit from seriously looking into Jenny's advice smile

27. TamCor profile image80
    TamCorposted 14 years ago

Misha--Obviously it isn't the best recipe for everyone, lol.  It's just that I feel that if she really wants to solve this problem, going about it this way is not the best way.  Of course, what do I know--I've only been married, very happily, for almost 21 years. smile

Davinagirl--I'm really not trying to chastise anyone--sorry if it seems that way.  I usually don't even get into the middle of this type of thing, but as you can tell, I feel strongly about this topic.  I just wish that I could get through to KM and make her see that if she wants to make her marriage work, then she, and her husband, need to talk, talk, and talk some more.

I probably should have just stayed out of this one, I guess, because I don't think it's going to do any good, trying to help--I feel too strongly about it to be very objective.

TamCor, you have every right to express your opinion.  Conflicting opinions is what makes these forums interesting.

2. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, she might have nobody else to ask for advice really. This is looking from your perspective.

From my perspective, making sex questions a taboo, or more widely family relationship questions, don't really benefit anybody. The more we discuss them widely, the more open to one another and less fearful of one another we become, which does benefit us all IMO. smile

I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree here, Misha...smile

I have seen more marriages break up from bringing in another person, or  persons, into the mix than I can stand to think about.  It happened in my first marriage, and it taught me an important lesson--keep what happens in your marriage, IN your marriage.  Of course, I don't mean if there is abuse, or anything like that...

Like I said, maybe I'm old-fashioned, and maybe my husband is too, but if that's what it takes to give us the happiness we've had all these years, then I think we're doing something right. That's why I am trying to share what we feel is the best way to deal with family issues!

28. TamCor profile image80
    TamCorposted 14 years ago

Thank you, Davina, I appreciate that.

Still, it's hard to try to talk to someone when they won't even acknowledge your posts if you disagree with them.. sad

Don't sweat it.  Sometimes people think you are angry if you disagree with them.  They might feel like there might be a confrontation if they post back.  It is hard for some people to deal with confrontation.  Don't take it personally.

2. blondepoet profile image68
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree I always myself address the good with the bad, i know where you are coming from, I got so upset with someone the other day, because I posted a comment in defence of Misha, they could not bother answering me, as I had a conflicting opinion.

29. kmackey32 profile image64

Lots of people talk to others about there marriage. Everyone is making this out to be more than what it is... Hes NOT hurt. omg only I know my husband, no one else..

Then why did you ask this:

"Do You think if my husband see I wrote about him not wanting to have sex he will be upset with me?"

I guess this is just fun for you more than anything...so I suppose I should've just stayed the heck out of it, instead of trying to give any constructive advice.  Lesson learned...

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're not being entirely consistent here,you know. If you know him so well, why did you need to ask other people whether he's be upset in the first place?

1. blondepoet profile image68
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

2. kmackey32 profile image64

Not being consistent? How? I asked YOUR thoughts!! not mine. omg

30. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL Since when consistency is required from a woman? lol

31. kmackey32 profile image64

Goes to show that peoples meanings of things that are written are different!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)