Will you accept Jesus into your heart?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (208 posts)
  1. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 11 years ago

Will you ask Jesus for salvation?

Why or why not?

1. profile image0
      jomineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I prefer Santa.

janesixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Don't you care about your immortal soul? Wouldn't you rather live in the light than in the darkness?

1. profile image0

What is this salvation and soul, but wishful thinking and non-existent concepts? Can you articulate  What this salvation is? Why should anybody want to live eternally? I'm in darkness only when I sleep, I can't help, it's very difficult to sleep with lights on.

Yes, I can. Salvation is when you ask Jesus to save you. From yourself, from the wrath of God, and from Satan. You will be tried and tested, and only God will then determine if you are willing to change yourself into a better person and are worthy of saving. God can see you inside and out,and knows what's in your heart. But you have to ask jesus for his help,as he is the only way in.

2. Seth Winter profile image69
      Seth Winterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Asking for salvation is asking alot. I mean essentially your surrenduring yourself to a single idea of "the creator." Your asking him to take total control over your life and that's a biggy...especially if you have had a difficult life. I mean I think it's fairly easy for most people to give in to the creator and expect him to take over the drivers seat...but what about those who have had a difficult life...those who have seen times when God could make everything so much better like a fairy god-mother waving her magic wand...but nothing happens.

The idea of Jesus is...just that an idea. I'm not saying that he isn't real just that it requires faith.  It requires people to go out on a limb. Sure there is the organized part of the religion, but how much faith can you put in those institutions? In the papers you read about Catholic Priests molesting boys and girls, people starving while churches build bigger buildings,  and of course there are always tv evangelist  that vaguely resemble (at least IMO) used car salesmen.

If you want to go back into history and look at Churches it's even worse...ever hear of the Children's Crusade?  Or the Salem witch trails?

I think about these things when I consider my soul. What if you die and go to heaven just to find out that instead of St. Peter waiting at the Pearly Gates you see Shiva, Visnhu and Brahma waiting for you?

The way I think of it...if I live a good life. Be the best person I can be. Do good and always try to follow my heart what god wouldn't let me into heaven? And honestly if a god is going to deny me into heaven based on the fact that I didn't throw myself at his feet I'd consider the god a bit narcissistic and I'm not sure if that version of heaven would be the right place for me.

Well, it's a start being a good person.

You still have to go through Jesus for salvation.

There are only two choices. Which would you prefer? I prefer servitude to God.

It is the way it is.

1. Seth Winter profile image69

But Janesix that going on the premise that Jesus is the only way for salvation....do you mean to tell me that God creates millions of people all over the world that have never heard of Jesus or Christianity just to go to hell because they never went through Jesus for salvation? And how do you know there are only two choices? I mean that kind of an ultimatum...believe in me or burn in hell type thing.

From what I remember of reading the bible Jesus pretty much said that in order to be right with him you had to do 2 things (great commandments) Love god with all your heart. And love your fellow man.  That it....

Right now it seems like with you making the ultimatum you might be approaching dangerously close to the judge not yest ye be judged....

I don't think I've been coy. That's EXACTLY what I am saying.
            Jesus is the only way to salvation.

I know because I have this information straight from God.

And Jesus said specifically that he is the only way to salvation.

1. profile image0
              Peelander Gallyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

All successful religions are the same in that they promise wonderful things to believers while threatening severe consequences to those who do not conform. Saving yourself from eternal waking suffering is certainly a good reason to join something, but I'm pretty sure Hell is fake and it's all about control. What do you think is more likely: that an omniscient god who created all that is, was, ever will be, etc., contradicts himself with petty human emotions like jealousy, frustration and rage while supposedly being eternally benevolent has never offered any proof whatsoever of his (because it has a gender) existence and monitors everything that every person does and thinks at all times without ever taking action, or that human beings are and always will be terrified of death and the unknown and have constructed religion to comfort themselves and then used it to control populations through strict moral codes (that people constantly, hypocritically violate) throughout history?

Nearly all ancient historians agree that Jesus did exist, and what they've learned is very interesting, but the stories written of him afterward are parables, and his own follows a very archetypal and unoriginal epic hero formula that has its roots in ancient Egypt. We don't believe The Odyssey actually happened and we don't celebrate the birth of Dionysus every year because Christian Romans (the same Romans who killed Christians for not being polytheistic pagans before) killed everyone who didn't convert/subjugate themselves.

Every religion has prophets. Scientologists think that an outlandish sci fi author who wasn't even truthful about his own life is theirs. What makes Jesus more legitimate than Mohammad, the prophets of Sikhism, the Buddha, etc.? Oh, right - each one says your soul is toast and you'll be punished for all time if you don't follow his ways. What is a soul? Why do animals and plants not have them? For all you know, you'll end up in Islamic hell for not choosing that path or be doomed to be reincarnated as lesser beings over and over again until you achieve enlightenment.

The people who agree with you are going to continue agreeing while those who do not are going to continue disagreeing.

2. tlmcgaa70 profile image60
            tlmcgaa70posted 11 years agoin reply to this

for GOD so loved the world that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH ON HIM should not perish but have everlasting life. CHRIST HIMSELF said HE was the only way to salvation, that no one could come to the FATHER but by HIM. GOD created Adam and Eve and told them to go forth and multiply. and multiply they did. every human will have a chance to accept or reject GOD and HIS Son the CHRIST at some point in their life. GOD says no man will have an excuse. that means no one can say they never heard of GOD or HIS CHRIST. if a person is isolated from other humans, then GOD HIMSELF gives that person knowledge of HIM so that they can make their choice.
            it is the height of arrogance to say "if GOD acts in such a way, i am not sure HE is the god for me". we do not get to dictate to GOD how HE should behave. GOD, our Creator, gets to dictate to us whatever rules HE wishes, and if we choose not to obey, we better be willing to accept the consequences of that choice. when a person chooses to break the laws that man create (many are based on GODs laws, though this is changing) and they kill or steal or speed or whatever...they break that law knowing if they get caught what the punishment will be...yet they choose to risk getting caught to do what they choose to do. the same applies with us breaking GODs laws...only difference is with GOD, you will always get caught...the wages of sin (disobedience) is death...pure and simple. CHRIST paid that price for those who will believe on HIM and accept what HE did for them. everyone else must pay that wage themselves.

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
              A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Human sacrifice is barbaric and sadistic, why follow a God that encourages and promotes barbaric behavior?

1. Seth Winter profile image69

Let's not start quote scripture please. If we do those of us who aren't strictly Christian could technically start attacking the source of those scripts and pointing out inconsistencies in the Bible and thus somewhat discrediting the source.

http://www.thenazareneway.com/new_testa … encies.htm

A brief google search revealed that. Once upon a time I wrote a hub about this although I've taken it down since then-currently unpublished. I've talked with many Christians and I have to say those that do the convert or die somewhat remind me of the suicide bombers that one see's on tv. Telling people accept this gift of life or burn in hell is not the way....and it's definitely not the Christian way.

One last thing...why are you defending your stance doesn't it go against.....
                "But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." (Matthew 5:39)

GOD does not require HUMAN sacrifices, in fact HE abhors them. what CHRIST did, HE did willingly, knowing full well that only HE had the power to save us in HIS act. you have no understanding of what this act means. CHRIST said the greatest act of love one can give is to die for a friend.

To offer His son up to die IS human sacrifice, hence HE does no abhor it, He promotes it.

1. tlmcgaa70 profile image60

CHRIST may have had a human body...but HE was not human. HE could have refused. but HE was willing and in accord with GOD. HE knew what the plan for man was from the beginning. but i dont expect a non believer to understand such things.

2. Nisha Jacob profile image61
                    Nisha Jacobposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Do you believe that you are a sinner?

2. A Troubled Man profile image58

That is false, there are many gods purported to exist so there are as many choices. You have decided to choose a god created through human sacrifice, which is barbaric and sadistic at the very least. Perhaps, you should choose another God that doesn't require that type of barbaric behavior.

1. ytbot1x profile image61
            ytbot1xposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Define 'barbaric'. Sounds easy, doesn't it? wink

Actually, I don't define words that have been defined. It makes it so much easier to communicate effectively.

Added to that, you seemingly avoid to define words that you can not define. It makes it so much easier for you to communicate effectively, OMG! lol

There is only one God. You can choose Him, or choose Satan. There is no third choice.

The way of God is Life, and the way to Life is Jesus Christ.

You have been given free will, choose wisely.

Why not Mohammed?

2. calynbana profile image78
                    calynbanaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I do not think it is free will we have been given. It is a very different thing called free choice. Also I do not think this is the way to ask people to consider their choices.

I am pretty sure you expressed very different beliefs a few months ago. Shouldn't the memory of that help you see that this is the type of my way or hell evangelizing that makes people fear or hate Christianity?

2. quildon profile image74
        quildonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

[i]The idea of Jesus is...just that an idea. I'm not saying that he isn't real just that it requires faith. [i]  You are so right. It does require faith and that is all that Christ asks of us - that we put our faith in Him and accept His free gift of salvation. Being good will not get you into heaven.

3. ytbot1x profile image61

I would accept the Great Spirit in my heart, till I get a heart-attack! lol

1. pisean282311 profile image64
        pisean282311posted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol

roll

4. jacharless profile image75
      jacharlessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

One cannot ask for a gift that has already been given.
      One does not need to ask another to reside in them, that is pagan demonology.
      One does not need to be concerned, if one has welcomed the previously given gift.

One does have the right to accept or reject the gift -and what that gift brings with it.
      Whomever accepts -truly accepts- becomes immortal here and now -as was promised.
      Whomever rejects -does not fully accept- dies body, brain & spirit -as was also promised.

There is no in-between remaining. No staff to lean on, no leaf to cover, no judgment left to determine. The final law is: Life or death. Choose life, its says, that you may live. Either way, the gift completes the goal: remove the stumbling block called sin.

Nothing to really argue about then, from either side, really. Sadly, people are arguing over a gift. Ha! Imagine that.  Fighting with words, swords and such over a gift neither owns yet both desire to possess, promote, profit from, control or destroy for the sake of others. {shakes head} Humans, what can you do...

James

1. profile image53
        Robertr04posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Finally James. I totally agree with you. Stick with the clarity James. No need for all the /'s and philosophical jargon no one understands. By the time anyone figures out what you may have said, He will have come and gone. Clarity, love it.

5. autumn18 profile image58
      autumn18posted 11 years agoin reply to this

No because I'm not a Christian.

1. Nisha Jacob profile image61

Why not?

6. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
      schoolgirlforrealposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I find it interesting , janesix, that you ask this, because your profile looks like your are not into Christianity, or am I wrong? Are you just curious as to what people will say?

I have recently converted. Like, this week. God cam to me because I asked,and I meant it.

I went through the process of salvation,and now the Holy Spirit is in me continuously.

1. profile image0

Too much 'spirit' will take you to god, as somebody said.

2. profile image0
          Matthew Kirkposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Did you interact with a priest or creature before this? What kind of desperate situation are you in in your life to make such a strange and unpredictable lurch?

No, no interactions with priests or creatures of any kind. No desperate situation either. I WAS obsessed with the hermetic mysteries. Might have something to do wiht it.

7. wifeymama822 profile image59
      wifeymama822posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Interesting fact: Not one fact of the bible has EVER been dis proven...AND if they could just disprove one single fact then the entire Bible would become unaccredited...hmm makes you think. They also found Noahs Ark, Lots wife(pillar of salt) and may other Biblical artifacts in the EXACT place the Bible stated they would be. So If Gods not real then how is that possible?

@wifey so is claim of bible...noahs ark has been found then why the hell christians are still investing millions to find it?....secondly finding noahs ark would prove quran right....so would u believe in quran?

1. calynbana profile image78

Finding the Ark would not prove the entirety of either book to be completely accurate. It would prove the account of Noah's Ark to be accurate. Since the Bible was circulating when the Qur'an was written we know the most probable source for the information.

Also it would take a lot more than the ark to prove the Qur'an right. It has some very obvious inconsistencies. It says that Muslims should turn to the Bible, and people of the Book (Christians) for knowledge. Yet the Bible says "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed." (Galatians 1:8) in multiple places. The Qur'an is preaching another Gospel, as well as denying that Jesus is the Son of God. Both of these things contradict the Book that came first, the Book that the Qur'an instructs Muslims to read and trust.

The common argument is that the Bible has been changed. My question is how would every copy of every document be changed? By the time the Qur'an was written their were thousands of copies of the Biblical documents circulating. I mean hundreds of copies of particular books of the Bible. Copies that could be compared. In order for the Bible to be changed every single copy would have had to of been changed, and changed in the same way, in the way that supports this argument. That is preposterous.

The only way it could have been changed, and I don't believe it was, was if God Himself decided to change every single copy. He could do it right? But if God changed them to say "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed." that would serve as a very strong message to the other religions that claim the Bible as truth, but rely also on another Gospel.

Anyways I feel this is a little off topic sorry.

Proof will be given during the Tribulation. Then everyone will have to make a choice.

choice is clear...if one has to choose between god of bible or hell, hell is always better...personally i dont want to stay with mass murderer , unreasonable , egoist entity which jews and chrisitians call god...

so you choose to be with the worst of humanity in hell? now who is being unreasonable? that doesnt even make sense. you are choosing to be with rapists, child molesters, mass murderers and worse. go figure.

@timcgaa ...u r missing the point...if what bible defines as god is real , i wont want to be with such mass murderer...

i cant see how i am missing the point...if GOD is real, and hell is real, then you will find mass murderers and worse there...yet you choose to be with them, who have no love, rather than GOD, whose love is perfect. still doesnt make sense. GOD is real. but no one can convince a non believer of this. in the end all will know the truth. those who reject GOD will face the consequences of their choice.

2. janesix profile image60

piscean, when you are saved, you are transformed. You will no longer want to sin. You become a better person. It is a gift from God.

Nonsense, we can choose not to abide by your threats and we can choose not to be with rapists, child molesters and mass murderers, too. Notice how your threats become pointless?

1. profile image0

Wasn't these the people jesus was supposed to walk with, the scum of society(prostitutes, Tax collectors and the like).
                    So if Jesus were alive today, you would be the first one to condemn him, wouldn't you?

If you ever felt the love of Jesus, you would probably change your mind.

@janesix jesus as marketting agent of so called god of bible is fine...happy go merry kinds...but god of bible is cruel , mass murderer...dont go by advertisement...deal with factuality and in that it is difficult to know who is god and who is satan...but am glad 40 % of world doesnot believe in abhramic religion and out of 60% who believe cant decide jesus is messenger or god ...so there is still hope that these 60% some day would come out of barbaric god of bible...

You don't understand what you're missing. Please reconsider asking Jesus for salvation.

2. profile image0

@wifeymama822

The bible is a half decent historical text, but so if Homer's Illiad, it provides a massive amount of information on the time it was written and it has not yet been disproven that apollo himself came down to shoot arrows all over the place or that achillies mother is a demi god.

What an odd way to try and gain credibility, what you have said weakens the argument for the bible being 'fact' - wifeymama822

1. wifeymama822 profile image59
          wifeymama822posted 11 years agoin reply to this

@ matthew kirk & pisean 282311:
          People for centuries have done nothing but dispute text and findings of every religion trying to always prove theirs to be the correct one...at the end of the day we all will think an feel however we choose thus using our GOD given choice.
          I choose to use my faith and believe in every written word of the KJV and you can choose not to. Either way, eventually everyone will find out what the truth really is..so in the meantime it does no good sparking up arguments. I wasnt looking for a debate or trying to challenge anyones beliefs i was just saying how nothing has been dis proven only proven to be 100% accurate thus far and left it at that.

And as far as the Homer's Illiad comparison you completely went off the mark...no they cant dis prove his writtings but have they proved any of it? My point was they HAVE proved many of the Bibles writtings so far. So thank you for the not so helpful cocky response.

1. profile image0

I doubt anything in the bible can be proven to be 100% true, we all know it cannot be proven 100% true. I just don't know where you're getting your information from other than you own head... it doesn't work to just make ludicrous statements that you've made up in your head.

They cannot disprove Homer's writings, in fact we know a lot of it to be true, if it cannot be disproven by your own logic that the bible isn't 100% true then the Illiad cannot be disproven to be 100% true. For you to make either statement you have to come up with some evidence (bearing in mind I'm not asking you to come up with evidence of god here, but historical evidence that the bible is proven to be 100% true and the illiad NOT 100% true)

And for your information they HAVE proved much of the illiad to be true, we KNOW the trojan wars happened to some extent! We do not know if the Apollo came down to intervened in the war but we do not know that Jesus rose from the dead and it is not even 100% if he even existed at all historically, it is likely, but not 100% proven. Jewish uprisings against Rome for example as mentioned in the bible are as close to proven as they could be, the fact the jews were slaves in egypt seems pretty tight, but did the sea part before moses? Did jesus actually walk on water? There is no way to prove this to be 100% accurate, in fact the contrary it is almost certainly innaccurate.

I didn't say you were challenging anyones belief, I critised you trying to gain credibility by making wild statements such as "Not one fact of the bible has EVER been dis proven" - you made that one up in your head or got preached it by a lunatic. For example - Adam and Eve being made out of clay and a rib, god creating the heavens and the earth THEN inventing light! Light was around a long long long long time before the earth was even formed we KNOW that is a fact, we also know that man is actually a Great Ape and hold our evolutionary origins back when the first complex animals appeared 550 million years ago. There is evidence, in fact you could run tests yourself to test out evolution, you can breed dogs bigger or smaller for example, Darwin bread pigeons with bigger and bigger wings over many generations. This is basic evolution, how long before the pigeons wings become so big that it forms a new species? Millions and millions of years, but we know its true because we have evidence. Adam and eve - someone wrote it in a book during the reign of the emperor constantine in Rome.... doesn't count as evidence... there the bible has NOT been proved 100% accurate so far, you can't use that statement any further without knowing that many men have proved it not to be 100% accurate, but to be at least partially inaccurate.

3. A Troubled Man profile image58

So, people do rise from the dead, can walk on water and can live in the belly of a fish (whale)?

hmm, does that really make you think?

God can do ANYTHING

8. nightwork4 profile image61
      nightwork4posted 11 years agoin reply to this

no i wouldn't but if he was real i would ask him why the heck so many kids suffer horribly every day. i would also ask that if he is so powerfull , why did he make a planet that is so messed up. hurricanes, volcanoes, etc.

9. profile image0
      Lybrahposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, because He is the only way to God.  Consider it for yourself.

janesixposted 11 years ago

I have. and it has changed my life.

I love you Jesus.

1. Claire Evans profile image64
      Claire Evansposted 11 years agoin reply to this

How long ago did you accept salvation?

I think it was on Friday, but it seems longer than that. It was amazing. Physical and mental and spiritual. The most amazing experience of my life.

3. Agnes Penn profile image60
    Agnes Pennposted 11 years ago

Many people see this as a question to attract members into a church or a simple yes or no answer to a life lead within a religious belief.  Your question is very deep since most people don't know what or who they want inside their hearts.  A lot of folks don't want ANYONE inside them.  Even a loved spouse can reach just so far into our beings before we say, "That's my space.  Don't tread on me."
    When you have the conviction that 1. God exists and that 2. He is Jesus 3. Who died for you your relationship with Him changes.  At first you may feel truly vulnerable that He can see who you really are, but then, when you really need understanding and love you'll let Him into the deepest recesses of your soul.
    I guess the simple answer to your question is yes, I do.  And I want Him to rest in me.

That was beautiful. Thank you for answering.

I wish that I has the eloquence that you do. It would make my job much easier. I don't know, maybe it's not supposed to be easy for me.

I don't know how to bring people to see how wonderful Jesus is.

I can only speak from my heart.

4. pisean282311 profile image64
    pisean282311posted 11 years ago

no....last thing my heart can accept is long dead hippy....heart is programmed to pump blood...it accepts only blood....

1. Nisha Jacob profile image61

Learn to love God!

A day is coming when you feel sorry for not loving God from your heart!

5. profile image0
    Matthew Kirkposted 11 years ago

I think the most striking thing to take out of this thread is something that has been hinted at already by Seth Winter.

There are two clear lines: people who aren't trying to convert anyone (Christian or not) and those who are. Those who are, are not actually even using the bible for evidence but simply making broad statements about what god wants or what christ is according to their own personal belief system or as at least one of you has alluded to because god told you to.

This is probably because they have been preached to in this way all of their lives and think it is as easy for us to nod and agree and praise the lord blindly as they have always found it very easy to do. Most of us though have been brought up to think for ourselves including those who consider themselves religious. This cult like behaviour is drilled in from a young age and almost inescapable for the victim, I pity those of you chanting capital letters via your keyboard in the vague, rhetoric way you do on every thread and sincerely hope you manage to escape your current existence regardless of whether you loose your faith or not.

I want to convert people to Christianity, definitely.

I expect humiliation, rudeness, disrespect an d more at every turn.

As I learn more about what God wants from me,and what he wants me to do, perhaps I won't seem like such a bumbling idiot and will have resources to use that I don't have currently.Maybe then I will be a bit more effective.

1. profile image0

If you don't ever get those resources Jane six and you do seem like a bumbling idiot as you put it (not as I put it) will you change your mind? Can we put a time frame on this happening?

I will never change my mind.

I will just have to learn from my mistakes,and try to do a better job.

@janesix learning from mistakes is what makes us human...Reject christ and be saved....saved from false doctrine and free to live life with fellow human beings in what is possible for humans rather than only two possibility of being servant of god or being rebel....

God created humans. He gave us the ability and the chance to learn from our mistakes. The world is the way it is because we tend to choose unwisely. Luckily, God also gave us a way to salvation,if we ask for it. It's really that easy.

yes it is easy....just reject false doctrine and jesus...then u wuld be free...it is really easy...try it.....u wuld be released on every thing and would be more constructive in looking human race and what is possible by this human race...

Then, it is clear and obvious Gods plan failed miserably.

So, believers can follow a failed plan that has led our world to the state it is in today, but they are so lucky as to have an out from the failed plan. Seems like a problem two-fold.

1. Believers never learn that a failed plan will continue to fail.

2. Believers take the easy way out, while the failed plan continues to affect everyone else.

A troubled Man, the way of jesus to salvation is NOT the easy way. There is a reason it's called the straight and narrow path.

Absolutely, it's easy. It takes no effort at all. What actually takes effort is the thinking part, in which one reasons their own behavior, then comes the effort part in putting it into action. Salvation from Jesus requires none of that.

And, that reason is...?

6. ro-jo-yo profile image82
    ro-jo-yoposted 11 years ago

No, because it is an incorrect name. The true Hebrew name of the Messiah is Yehowshuwa.

It doesn't matter. Jesus knows when you meen him.

1. ro-jo-yo profile image82
        ro-jo-yoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think it does matter, most Christians will quote Acts 4:12
        Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
        It states there is only one name, so it would be paramount to have the correct name!!

The name Jesus worked for me just fine.

2. calynbana profile image78

ro-jo-yo, I doubt that Christians would quote Acts in the way that you specified because looking at the Greek it does not support your argument.

onoma: a name, authority, cause
          Original Word: ὄνομα, ατος, τό
          Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
          Transliteration: onoma
          Phonetic Spelling: (on'-om-ah)
          Short Definition: name, character, reputation
          Definition: name, character, fame, reputation.

ónoma – name; (figuratively) the manifestation or revelation of someone's character, i.e. as distinguishing them from all others. Thus "praying in the name of Christ" means to pray as directed (authorized) by Him, bringing revelation that flows out of being in His presence. "Praying in Jesus' name" therefore is not a "religious formula" just to end prayers (or get what we want)!

This is the word that is used in the Greek manuscript. It is not about the name. The Bible says that God sees our heart, he can see past the words we use.

1. calynbana profile image78

If you also look in the Greek manuscript you will see that the name Jesus comes from the Greek Iesous which comes from the Hebrew name Yehowshuwa. And Yehowshuwa also stated that we are to worship his Father Yehowah. Hear , O Israel; Yehowah our God is one Lord: 30 And thou shalt love Yehowah thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. 31 And the second is like, namely this  , Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these. 32 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he: 33 And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices. 34 And when Yehowshuwa saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.

So the greatest commandment is that we must love our Father Yehowah with all our heart, mind and soul.John 6:44 KJV
              No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
              Everyone has turned to Jesus Christ which is the wrong name he is the False Messiah.
              Acts 17:30 KJV
              And the times of this ignorance God winked at ; but now commandeth all men every where to repent :

It is Jesus who died for you.  Don't stuck up in a name wrong name and fall!

The name is Yehowshuwa, I am so surprised how people will let themselves be decieved, and cling to something that is false.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that {b}doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven[/b]. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them , I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

John 5:43 KJV
        I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive

Yehowshuwa came in his Father's name. His Father's name is Yehowah
        Yehowshuwa means Yehowah's loud call to freedom.

read again please...it is allah....it was never yehowshuwa.. it is myth and falsehood....isa or jesus is mere servant of allah....come to master...come to allah...

Mohammad is a false prophet: he spoke in the name of Allah.
            It is well known that the name of the Almighty is Yehowah it is in the Torah many times.
            Deuteronomy 18:20 KJV
            But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak , or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die

torah believer says jesus was false prophet...dont buy from false doctrines...come to allah and surrender to his will...dont let false doctrines rule ur life...

Of course they say Jesus is false, it is the wrong name, the true name of the Messiah is Yehowshuwa, and the true name of the Almighty is Yehowah.
                You are following a false doctrine, you are also under a delusion. All you are doing is trying to lead people astray and to throw confusion.  My advice to you is to watch your step.
                Galatians 6:7 KJV
                Be not deceived ; God is not mocked : for whatsoever a man soweth , that shall he also reap .

they dont even say jesus is false messiah because of wrong name...they say whom u call Yehowshuwa and others call jesus is actually false messiah...they r waiting for messiah but after muhammad no one would come...because he is seal of all prophets...jesus or Yehowshuwa was prophet and servant of allah....come to allah and be saved...

Don't you understand, Rome killed the true followers of Yehowshuwa and created the Catholic Church who worship Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church created Islam and the false prophet Mohammad.
                    Allah is a false god.

7. profile image57
    waqqqqqposted 11 years ago

May I accept Jesus into another organ besides the heart?
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7271235.jpg

I doubt it.

You can accept him in your mind!

3. profile image0

It depends whether you're into beards or not.

8. austinhealy profile image73
    austinhealyposted 11 years ago

Due to the acute awareness of all the human misery in my heart, there's no spare room for Jesus. Now he can change that by doing something about the said human misery. But he won't, will he ?

man created their own misery by rejecting GOD. in spite of the fact that GOD repeatedly tried to reason with man, in spite of the fact that we are warned what will be for that choice, man still chose to reject GOD. man has a habit of mocking and hating and outright rejecting GOD, then crying out to HIM for help or demanding HE fix things. doesnt make sense to me.

Where is this God and where is He reasoning with men? I want to be there and join in the discussion.

Hebrews 11:6 KJV
          But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is , and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Our Father Yehowah is our very breath. He is omnipresent. It states in the bible that we are to seek our Father and it also states that he will not hear a sinner. So what is sinner?

Yehowshuwa said the greatest commandment is to love Yehowah with all your hear mind and soul.
          If you do not love Yehowah, then you are a sinner.

If you don't love him then how can you  "join the discussion"

In other words, you have no idea either. Thanks for the preaching, but that's not what I asked for.

What do you mean? You asked where God is and I said he is Omnipresent, that means Yehowah is everywhere. And you said you wanted to join the discussion. I said you can't because you have to believe and love Yehowah with all your heart. You don't, so our Father Yehowah can't hear you, so how can you join the discussion???

That is a very selfish god. The same could be said about despots and dictators, if you don't obey and worship them, they want nothing to do with you.

so what if it makes GOD selfish...HE created us HE can be whatever HE chooses to be. non believers will never see or understand the love behind HIS actions. to them love is hate, hate is love.

I would never follow a selfish god because selfishness is what he will teach.

Yes, and He chooses to be a selfish megalomaniac, a type of role model a dictator or despot may wish to emulate or learn from.

Gibberish.

2. ro-jo-yo profile image82

Yehowah is not  a selfish god, he is a jealous god.
                  Malachi 1:6 KJV
                  A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saithYehowah of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say , Wherein have we despised thy name?

He is both selfish and jealous, plus some more negative characteristics, which completely outweigh any positive characteristics he might display.

you are given your lifetime to accept or reject GOD. once you have willingly rejected HIM, HE rejects you. if you feel this is unfair, you will just have to get over it. once HE has rejected you...you will never see nor hear nor understand HIM or anything pertaining to HIM. at least not until judgement day. as far as insulting you or threatening you...that is your feelings on it...it doesnt make it so. if you are dressed as a clown and someone says you dress funny, something all can see, and you take it as an insult, it doesnt make it one, only to you.

So then, your original claim of your god reasoning with men is a contradiction.

You are free to make up any kind of nonsense you wish that is totally unrelated, but YOU are making threats when you utter them to others.

whatever...i am tired of going in circles with you...believe as you will and see where it gets you. you can twist my words around all you want. it wont change anything. have a nice life.

Yes, I can see that you don't care one iota about threatening others and will most likely continue to do so. Yes, I understand you won't change a thing.

That's why your religion causes so much grief in the world and why we reject it.

2. austinhealy profile image73
        austinhealyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

the thing is, not all the people subject of human misery have rejected God, as a matter of fact, many of them are his followers. As for myself, I never said I reject God, I'm merely waiting for him to do something I can interpret as a gesture of goodwill on his part. Is that too much to ask or should I just accept that he "works in mysterious ways"?

and why should HE do such a thing? to prove HIMSELF to you? to impress you? HE is GOD...you obviously have no idea what that means. HE answers to no one. HE is the law, HE makes the rules, HE dictates what will happen , when where why and how. we have no say in this. also, you do not understand why HIS followers must suffer. CHRIST suffered...so why should HIS followers get away without suffering? suffering is not always a bad thing.

1. austinhealy profile image73

He doesn't have to do anything, but then again, neither do I. I don't have any beef with religious people as long as they don't try to sell me anything, which of course they do because they are so insecure in their own beliefs that everybody has to embrace the same. The more people believe the same thing the more it must be true, right ?

you are right, you dont have to accept HIM...but once you make that choice...that is it. you will face the consequences of that choice whether you believe it or not. we may appear weak, weak minded, insecure or whatever else you wish to see us as...but we are in truth none of these things. but you can never understand this unless you accept GOD.

1. austinhealy profile image73

So, finally we agree to disagree, so I rest my case. But I'll state it again. there's nothing wrong by my book with people having religious beliefs, I actually know a lot of them. But I don't want to be told I'm wrong because I made different choices. There is no way to establish that. All I want is for people to respect my choices the same way I respect theirs.And I will live with the consequences of my choices. If God is love, as I hear all the time, I shouldn't have too much to fear

It most certainly is a bad thing, especially if it's part and parcel to a religion.

Sadists and masochists enjoy suffering. Do you enjoy suffering?

9. ro-jo-yo profile image82
    ro-jo-yoposted 11 years ago

Yehowshuwa (Joshua) 4:24 KJV
    That all the people of the earth might know the hand of Yehowah, that it is mighty: that ye might fear Yehowah your God for ever

10. EGAD Call profile image61
    EGAD Callposted 11 years ago

No I will not ask Jesus to come into my heart. He is already here, and it's a gas!

That too shall pass...

11. Sonneborn profile image59
    Sonnebornposted 11 years ago

At first I thought this question was a joke and that I detected some sarcasm.  Then I looked at janesix's profile and they also believe that the time 11:11 is a way for god to communicate with us.  So now I know that this question was totally a joke...right?

no

2. profile image0

@sonneborn

Janesix (after scrolling through her hubs) believes in many practices that most chritians and indeed the bible prohibit, such as the zodiac and other random nonsense that Jane "feels" in the wind.

Many of these seem to have been removed since discovering christ 2 weeks ago. It shows a spiritually starved person desperate for attention and willing to believe in anything than their own sad reality - The psychology of religion... Janesix is not joking...

12. profile image52
    TiffanyDBrandonposted 11 years ago

I am new to this site, and couldn't help but to respond to this forum.  I feel it is no longer a secret that humans have decided to question "the meaning of life" more now than history has ever recorded, and I am almost sure that information, and our ability to acquire "truth" at such high speeds has had  a lot to do with this enlightenment.  I am in no way trying to step on anyone's toes, or insult any believers with this post, but to maybe give everyone involved something to think about.,  I can't believe any God written with such fatherly intent would ever smite me to hell for just asking questions.  I am a loyal married woman of 14 years, yet understand that marriage doesn't just naturally occur in all natural beings, but a choice we make.  Why is marriage difficult?  Because it's an evolution of two people who decided to grow old together, willing to alter personality traits that come and go through different phases in life.   Unfortunately, I decided to give away what my husband could have had, my, and the only reason it makes sense to me to save yourself for that special someone is to delete, or better yet, never create past memories of exes to come in and infiltrate your thoughts.  Thoughts you can't help, thoughts stored in your subconscious.  I have no idea how I remember to blink, breathe, pump my heart , or  the other countless unconscious thoughts that make my body work, so how in the world can  a random thought  in my mind constitute lust?  To think, is to act upon, according to several of  the BIG BOOKS, therefore accidentally thinking of past events such as exes, and smiling, is causing me to sin, and in the end, sending me to hell.  I can't believe that.  I give my heart to the thought of Jesus, I give my heart to the hope that people will invest in humanity, and start believing in themselves instead of relying on something else to believe in.  I feel as if Jesus tried to pass on a great idea, an idea that we all could heal.  That anyone can turn water to wine, and that we are God, every single one of us.  Well, that's just too much power for one man to have, and a book was revised by a king with a bunch of rules condemning most of us to a horrible place.  This book was also written when the world was flat, and if an anti christ is going to rise from the east, then where is east?  It's not what we Americans think is east.  A lot of it doesn't make sense, and I could go on forever on this subject alone with hopes to never intentionally hurt anyone's belief or feelings.  I have been a faithful Christian, I needed that image to attach to once, but I'm better now.  I'm just like you.  Thanks for listening.

13. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 11 years ago

I did when I was 8 years old and have never regretted it.  God is soooo good to me!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)