I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-36 of 36 discussions (69 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Sarra Garrettposted 11 years ago

After several months of living a nightmare (but I never gave up) I just landed a wonderful job and start tomorrow.

I want to thank all my HP Friends who have been there through my 'adventure from Hell' and providing me with kind words and prayers.  Without you I really don't believe I would be writing this right now. There were many days that were unimaginably harder than anything I've ever done in my life which included some desperate thoughts running through my mind.

To my HP Family THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR BEING TRUE FRIENDS.

1. rfmoran profile image70
      rfmoranposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Way to go Sarra! Just in time for the holidays. God bless you and the best of luck.

2. Magdelene profile image82
      Magdeleneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Way to go! All the best to you.

3. Barbara Kay profile image75
      Barbara Kayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hooray!

4. moneyfairy profile image59
      moneyfairyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah for you Sarra!!!! I am sooooo very happy for you!!!! Great Great News!!!! You are such a brave and strong soul!!!! Congratulations!!!!

5. joanveronica profile image68
      joanveronicaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wonderful news! I have been waiting for this, counting the days! HURRAAAAY! I'm so happy for you, now we can all enjoy your anecdotes and future Hubs, you are a great writer, as well as a courageous person.
      Have a great first day at work, and I will be sure to send some mental Xmas cheer to you! Best of luck!

6. Hyphenbird profile image82
      Hyphenbirdposted 11 years agoin reply to this

How did I miss this??????????????
      Oh, I am so very happy for you. How are things going with the job? WhooHoo!God is good and faithful.

7. profile image0
      advicewithspiceposted 11 years agoin reply to this

God bless you.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

Congratulations!!!!

1. profile image0
      Sarra Garrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!

3. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 11 years ago

I can't think of any news I would rather have seen pop up.  That's wonderful, Sarra!  You've had a tough time of it lately, I know, but it truly does sound like things are looking up. 

You are more than welcome to whatever encouragement I've been able to offer - there is no one I know more deserving of it.

1. profile image0

You and Darlene are just the best!

4. tammybarnette profile image60
    tammybarnetteposted 11 years ago

Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you smile

1. profile image0

Thank you so very very much

5. Judi Bee profile image91
    Judi Beeposted 11 years ago

Christmas came early!  I am so, so happy for you.

You are a brave lady and you truly deserved a piece of good fortune - well done. 

Fantastic news big_smile

1. profile image0

This is the best Christmas present ever for sure!   Thank you.

6. SimeyC profile image87
    SimeyCposted 11 years ago

Fantastic!

1. profile image0

Thank you SimeyC!  It's such a good feeling to be employed again you just can't imagine

1. CASE1WORKER profile image61
        CASE1WORKERposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It is so good to see this written, so so good- a roof over your head and a job - what could be better? I hope it all works out well for you. It is really cold here and I have been trying to imagine how you have coped- but my imagination does not go that far- you are a real inspiration to us all

1. profile image0

Thank you Case1Worker!!!  It's been a tough year and a long road.  It feels so good to be independant once again as I so hate relying on other people.   God has Blessed me with many new friends, probably the best friends I've ever had!

7. seanorjohn profile image71
    seanorjohnposted 11 years ago

Congratulations Sarra. Things are tough in the Uk too. So I know how much it means to land a lifesaving job in these troubled times. So pleased for you. Will now start reading your hubs to find out more.

8. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

I was waiting for this thread to pop up. Congratulations!

9. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 11 years ago

That's wonderful news Sarra smile thank you for sharing your good news. Best wishes for great times ahead big_smile

10. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 11 years ago

Awesome news, Sarra.  I'm so glad you got that wonderful job.  Here's wishing you all the best on your new job and in your life... Cheers!  smile

11. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 11 years ago

Congrats Sarra!  A lady told me once: When you are at the bottom of the barrel, there is only one way to go, and that way is up!

12. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

Sarra,

You do remember that things happen in threes? In other words, even more good things are ahead. And a sincere congratulations.

- paradigmsearch

13. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 11 years ago

Wonderful news, really  pleased for you.

14. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 11 years ago

Congratulations, Sarra. Just goes to show that your life can turn around in just a few short weeks. smile

15. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 11 years ago

Sarra!

I'm thrilled for you!  Keep us posted.  And if there's anything you need, email me.  If I can help, I'll be glad to.

big_smile

16. loyalsudz profile image62
    loyalsudzposted 11 years ago

Congratulations!!! This is the Best News!

17. Joseph041167 profile image61
    Joseph041167posted 11 years ago

Awesome, absolutely awesome. Congratulations.

1. profile image0

Thank you my friend!!!!!

18. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

Hooray!
    Good things come to those who wait ... as long as those they work their buns off while they wait.
    What a great way to close out 2012 and ring in 2013!
    Congrats and best of luck with the new gig.
    MM

19. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 11 years ago

Congratulations.

20. livewithrichard profile image72
    livewithrichardposted 11 years ago

I'm very happy for you Sara... I hope many more good things come your way and that you have great Christmas and an even better New Year....

21. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 11 years ago

Congratulations a multillion times!

22. EsmeSanBona profile image94
    EsmeSanBonaposted 11 years ago

Congratulations!  I hope this will be a great experience for you and this new phase's positive intensity will revile the old's negativity.

23. profile image0

You guys are all just the best!!! I start training today and I'll be working at an answering service which is right up my alley and only 10 blocks away which is an easy 20 minute walk since I don't have a car.  I'll be working mostly nights, weekends and holidays which doesn't bother me one bit.  Many years ago I owned my own answering service so this will be a good job for me.

Well, I'm off for my first day of work.  Whoo hoo this feels so good!

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Have a good first day on the job, Sarra.  It's the beginning of the road back.

2. moneyfairy profile image59

All the best in your first day!!!! yeah you!!!!

24. Thelma Alberts profile image91
    Thelma Albertsposted 11 years ago

Congratulations! Great news and good luck.

1. OLYHOOCH profile image61
      OLYHOOCHposted 11 years agoin reply to this

AT-A-GIRL. Looks like it is going to be a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for ya.

Always love to hear Good News. No luck with my friend, YET. I am in hopes she will get a break, soon.

Best of luck with your New Job.

OLY

25. Get Stop Grow profile image41
    Get Stop Growposted 11 years ago

Congrats! At this difficult time when no job offers are much available, you did a great job. Good Luck! Hope you have a great life from now on. wink

26. That Grrl profile image72
    That Grrlposted 11 years ago

Happy first day on the new job, today!

Congratulations. smile

27. profile image0

Hello Everyone.  I haven't been on HP lately but there is a good reason for it.  I'm working full time at the answering service and work 2nd shift.  What a busy place it is as we answer calls from all over the country and the clients range from doctors to tow companies.  I know that at the end of my shift I have saved a life for sure as we get quite a bit of emergency calls for doctors to include people who want to commit suicide or new babies coming into the world.

I have Tuesday and Thursday off so tomorrow I will be writing something new for all of you to read and enjoy.

So, have you missed me?  lol.  I'm so happy and can't wait to get my first paycheck which will arrive in 2 weeks.  Now to save up for a car, whoo hoo.  I have been blessed for sure and even looking back on the entire year I have always believed there is a reason for everything.  No matter what has happened I am not the one to question these things.  I have grown stronger but not bitter, my hair has gone from golden to silver, my health is not good but I have my dogs and Lady Clarol can take care of the rest. big_smile

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Been waiting to hear from you, Sarra, about the job.  Glad to hear you're happy in the work and it really does sound fulfilling.

I would have to say that, not having gone bitter over your tough, tough experience you don't need Lady Clarol to put a false face on when facing the world; you do just fine as you.

Looking forward to your hub.

1. profile image0

Hi wilderness.  Your words always lift me up!  You are right, I'll just wear my Silver as my Badge of Courage.

28. profile image0
    Sunnie Dayposted 11 years ago

Sarah I have not had the pleasure of meeting you on hubs, but just reading your joyful response in getting a job made me smile. I am very happy for you! Wishing you the very best.

1. profile image0

Thank you Sunny Day.  It's been a long tough road for me this year and I am finally bounding back.  It's such a good feeling to feel productive once again not to mention getting my independance back is priceless.

29. ocbill profile image53
    ocbillposted 11 years ago

Good for you. I love stories of perseverance. It is a great thing to share to make people stronger.

1. profile image0

One can never give up as once you do you die and I'm not ready to do that yet.  smile

1. CASE1WORKER profile image61
        CASE1WORKERposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Great news that you are enjoying your job .............roll on pay day..........

1. profile image0

Whoo hoo I can't wait.  One week from this Wed and I'll have a paycheck.  Saving up for a car!!!

1. moneyfairy profile image59

Yeah $$$$ finally...what a wait you have had. Savor that first check!!! Many Many more blessing flow to you now!!! Yeah you!!! So happy things have turned around for you Sarra!!!

1. profile image0

Thank you Money Fairy.  I may just take a picture of my check and hang it on my wall.  lol

1. moneyfairy profile image59

Yeah!!!! That would be great!!!! Why not!!! smile

30. profile image0
    Justsilvieposted 11 years ago

Glad to hear life is treating you kinder Sarra. Best wishes for the future!

1. profile image0

Thank you Justsilvie!  It's been the toughest year of my life but I pulled through.  There is only one way to go and that is up!!!   Now I get to save up for a car whoo hoo.  I'm becoming independant once again and what a good feeling it is.  Merry Christmas to you and your family!

1. profile image0
        Justsilvieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think the saying "what does not kill us makes us stronger" is true! You are living proof tenacity to get your life back on track pays off.  Merry Christmas to you and your's also and may we both have a happy and healthy next year.

1. profile image0

Yup, it definately makes ya stronger.  But when you are 50 it makes it harder  lol.  The best to you too my friend!

2. Hollie Thomas profile image60
        Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sarra, you've survived because at the age of 50 you are at the prime of your life. Women don't get older, they just get better! wink Merry Christmas smile

31. chicagoguy profile image63
    chicagoguyposted 11 years ago

great job !! congratulations !!keep up good work !!

32. everythingdazzles profile image72
    everythingdazzlesposted 11 years ago

Congrats!

33. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 11 years ago

wonderful news...and belated best wishes from me!

34. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 11 years ago

I'm so glad to hear this good news, Sarra. Congrats to you for hanging in there and never giving up. I prayed for you. Bless you and I wish you the best.

35. andromida profile image56
    andromidaposted 11 years ago

Congratulations!!!
    I also got a new job after two months of struggle.

1. profile image0

Jobs are so scarce and with me not having a car are even scarcer

36. carozy profile image79
    carozyposted 11 years ago

Congrats Sarra, great to hear and well deserved I'm sure.  I'm glad I popped over here and found this thread, it's uplifted me.  I hope things continue well for you and wish you the best.

1. profile image0

thanks Carozy, unfortuantely the office closed down so I'm not working again.  I do have an interview with a doctor who has come up with new treatments for fibromyalgia that are seemingly working.  I will be writing an article about it and in hopes if he likes my work can do more for him with pay.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)