ok so I come up with stupid topics... so what

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (35 posts)
  1. vkent7441 profile image60
    vkent7441posted 14 years ago

So I'm not the best at creating new forum topics... I'm sorry for just trying to make friends, I won't post anymore though... Fine!!!! Yes I'm having a temper tantrum and it's mine so I'll throw a fit if I want to, I see other people on here all bashing and hating each other and picking fights and etc... so whats the big deal really, huh?

Now that I'm done ranting and raving, I just have to say... I'm terribly sorry for the stupid topics and won't come up with anymore - I promise - well maybe, but gosh guys, you all don't have to be so cruel.

I just come up with ideas and figure it will get everyone talking, not get me bashed... this is supposed to be a community right? Having fun is a part of it right? I write on here for fun and so do most of you right?

Ugh this is frustrating I need a glass of red wine to calm me down... anyone else?

1. Davinagirl3 profile image61
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are some people who rant about how "wastes their time".  If that is the case why do they use up more time to post a comment.  If you're not interested in a topic, just pass it over.  Don't worry too much about it, I've gotten the snideness also.  I am sure a lot of us have.

1. Dame Scribe profile image58
        Dame Scribeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Also ...just lost some fans for my opinions tongue tis a forum hazard I guess big_smile lol

2. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  2. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Some topics do seem repetitive and makes me yawn tongue yeah but don't take it personally if there's no response cuz you're not the only one wink all I do is drop in or wait to reply smile

3. love my yorkies profile image60
    love my yorkiesposted 14 years ago

Your topics aren't any more stupid than some of the others I've seen.  And yea, I write mainly for the fun of it and to see how creative I can get.  Don't let the mean, angry people get you down for you must realize that they are unhappy people and are only trying to bring you down and make you unhappy too.  Remember - Misery loves company!

And I'll gladly join you in that glass of red wine!

4. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I don't think people are really cruel - just blunt maybe.

1. alekhouse profile image72
      alekhouseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Lisa. I come to the forums every day and engage in a variety of threads. I've seen very little cruelty; maybe a little sarcasm or strong responses, but aren't forums to provide a venue for all kinds of ideas and responses?

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree, Lisa. The trouble with the written word, especially on the internet where we tend to speak in shorthand, is that it can be read more than one way.  I have a tendency to be short and to the point, and that's been taken the wrong way on these forums more than once!

I hadn't noticed the topics posted by vkent but I have to admit, I'm one of those who might have posted a "blunt" comment if I'd noticed them and considered them stupid.

Vkent, bear in mind that some people think up silly topics and constantly post new threads, purely to get attention.  The forums are not for self-publicizing, they're for socializing, so we do tend to get narky with those people! 

To avoid being lumped into that category, it's best to avoid starting new threads just for the sake of it. And certainly don't start several new threads in one day.  If you only post when you have something worthwhile to say - and by that I don't mean it has to be worthy or serious, it could just as easily be funny, frivolous, thought-provoking or even playing the devil's advocate - you'll probably only post the occasional new thread and in that case, no matter how "stupid" it is, you're not likely to get such a negative reaction.

5. Dame Scribe profile image58

I would give a A+ for effort, VK smile least you aren't creating fires lol wink

6. love my yorkies profile image60

People are cruel, have the scars to prove it!

7. aniketgore profile image60
    aniketgoreposted 14 years ago

keep posting you will find many friends here

8. Sufidreamer profile image78
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

What a stupid topic!

Joking aside, timezones come into play - I did not even know that you existed, and missed you on Hubtivity.

Just fanned you and will keep an eye out for your posts smile

9. Dame Scribe profile image58

Shh...Sufi is a real sweety too wink don't tell him I said that, k, hehe

1. Sufidreamer profile image78
      Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/606/2/refresh/images/smileys/f_loveblush.gif DameScribe......

10. HealthCare Basics profile image59
    HealthCare Basicsposted 14 years ago

Thought forums can be about anything and everything. Why worry? If some hubbers don't want to reply there will always be someone else...... Just my thought.....  smile

11. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

I like the way the guy raves. He reminds me of my humble self. I feel like a frigging proud Daddy. (emotional violin music plays in background)

12. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

To tell you the truth I dont even look to see who posted what ,although some certainly have their trademark ,lol or yawn.
    Yea what all the others said , dont give up , is just like the beach...tides come in.....tides go out...smile

13. vkent7441 profile image60
    vkent7441posted 14 years ago

Thanks for the cool replies everyone... maybe we can take all this and turn it around somehow... any ideas?

Also I did a hub about red wine if anyone wants to read it, so now... since my son is asleep... I'm going to finish my glass of wine and finish writing an article I'm doing.

Also please keep fingers crossed for me, I am waiting for a reply back from Smithsonian magazine... I hope to write for them... It's a dream of mine.

Good day all!!!

Passes the bottle of red wine around to who ever wants it and yells, "pass it around!!!"

1. Army Infantry Mom profile image60
      Army Infantry Momposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Fuey to those calling your hubs stupid,..

1. SweetiePie profile image83
        SweetiePieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Army Intantry Mom! Write and post what you like, and do not worry if some comments are negative.  There are certain threads I might not enjoy, but I simply choose not to participate.  I have also seen people who have been on the site for along time participating in repeative subjects and threads, so newbies are not the only ones.  Post and write about what you like.

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No one was saying the Hubs were stupid, vkent was talking about forum topics.

14. Anti-Valentine profile image73
    Anti-Valentineposted 14 years ago

You see? Now this is the sort of post you have to come up with! smile

15. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

You might want to start those topics in the Sandpit. That way if people are annoyed the Sandpit postings don't show up in Hubtivity.

No editorial comment...just saying smile

16. Dame Scribe profile image58

Pours herself a glass of red wine smile ahhh....thank you, next! big_smile lol

17. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 14 years ago

Not sure what you're talking about. All I've seen is this post and you asked a question that nobody (myself included, so I didn't bother to reply) understood.

Maybe you'd be better off using that extra energy you save for the temper tantrum and direct it at explaining yourself more clearly, or posting back in the thread with more clarification.

18. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

The one thing I learned a long time ago about forums & message boards is I don't take anything personally.  1) I've never met 98% of the people on the message board, and I do frequent a board where I have friends that I have spent time with. 2) Some people just enjoy bashing for the fun of it and enjoy starting fires, they lead lonely lives.  3) Its an online community full of people from all walks of life, different part of the world & are in different places in their lives, if they say something hurtful, let it roll off your back, sometimes they don't know they are being hurtful - they think they are being constructive or believe they simply know it all.

Keep writing on topics you enjoy or want to share - that is what writing is all about. Stick to your own morals & objectives. Being unique and yourself is what makes you - you smile

19. sweigand profile image60
    sweigandposted 14 years ago

Everyone is looking for friends so no worries!

20. yoshi97 profile image56
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

Forums can be as emotionally painful as one will allow them to be. The one thing I have learned through forums over the years is to feel free to express your opinions and ideas, so long as they are not directed at another party, written only to change another's viewpoint, or written only to draw get attention.

I've only started two threads of my own since I have been here ... everyone else covered all the questions I had so there was no need to post more. However, I have responded to a lot of threads, each time expressing my view while also giving a listen to the views of others.

This doesn't always work, but more often than not it will keep you from falling into the proverbial pit of trolls.

As was stated previously, they can attack your words, but they can never attack you personally ... as they don't know where you live. smile

21. love my yorkies profile image60

so sorry, i was speaking of life in general about people being cruel.  I'm just getting active in the forums and sometimes it gets very confusing because a subject matter can change so quickly.  I haven't been the victim of any cruelty here, i apologize again for this newbie's mistake.  I am enjoying the forums very much and am having lots of fun.

22. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

I was going to say the best way to determine if your proposed Forum topic is stupid is to see very few people posting. But that's not necessarily true! There could be a lot of reasons why people don't jump in and post. They might find the topic very interesting but say, "Oh boy. If I jump in and post it will be a long, long night and I need to do other stuff." Or they may find the tone of the thread too convoluted or too negative or just too weird and say "f it, I'm not gonna bother."
    Is that a reflection on your topic?
    No!
    I would offer this suggestion, however. You've made your presence known on the Forums. How about writing some more hubs (maybe on landing your dream writing assignment with Smithsonian, for example) so we can comment on those? Just a thought.
    Final note: If you're enjoying what you're talking about and people are talking back, then the Forum's working, isn't it!

23. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

Hell.  I'm quite new here myself and I have been told to lay off, mind my own business, my hubs aren't great and so on and so on.

I take it all as a learning curve.  I wont let anything get to me because there are a lot of brilliant people here and I am just taking my time and learning everything.

I don't take anything personally though.

Life's too short for that

1. darkside profile image65
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

First of all, I think you're a good bloke. So don't take this the wrong way when I point out the fact that there was a lot of REACTION to your first post which said that there are a lot of hubs that are garbage.

I've just seen the OPs other recent thread and they were proposing a competition to see if people could publish 24 hubs in 24 hours.

I've got the feeling that we'd agree that that would see the production of a LOT of garbage hubs.

24. Dame Scribe profile image58

Jus love seein that honesty streak, Mr. DS, smile n that makes u one great bloke too

1. darkside profile image65
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm just keeping it real big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)