Can unbelievers question God's love for them?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (30 posts)
  1. SwordofManticorE profile image69
    SwordofManticorEposted 11 years ago

After all, the church teaches the unbelievers that God loves them so much that He created a hell for them if they do not accept the gift of His grace, nor love and worship Him all because of their free will.

1. Ericdierker profile image45
      Ericdierkerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sure seems like it would be a strange mental gymnastic maneuver for no gain. But we do see that here. Many get into arguments about the traits and attitude of God even though they deny his  existence. I suppose they can question believers about it, but not God.
      And they can only question the believer about that believers belief not about Gods' attitude.
      No SoM it makes no sense at all.

1. getitrite profile image72
        getitriteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

We can't question Santa Claus either, because, like God, he is imaginary.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's like if a ruthless despot offered the same thing to his followers and they didn't accept, he would create the worst possible torture for them. It's nothing but a threat.

That's why non-believers reject your God.

1. Zelkiiro profile image87
        Zelkiiroposted 11 years agoin reply to this

But it's fine because he loves you~ <3 <3 <3

SwordofManticorEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Will He still love them while they are eternally roasting in horrendous pain?

1. A Troubled Man profile image59

He didn't love them in the first place if He sent them there.

Sometimes it does seem that this is not the world. That we have the right book but we are in the wrong place already, we just don't know it. ;-)

Oh no, we have the right world, it is the book that is garbage.

The best selling most copied and quoted book of all history is hardly "garbage". In saying this you directly attack my beliefs and faith. Sorry ATM but that crosses a line. Please rephrase.

Yes, it is.

Yes, I am attacking your beliefs and faith, that is the entire point. If that upsets you, then you need to learn how to distance yourself from your faith and beliefs in order to discuss them. If you can't, that is a personal problem you'll have to deal with yourself.

2. profile image0
                    Rad Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Directly attacking your beliefs and faith seems to be what these discussions are about.

2. SwordofManticorE profile image69

@ATM, if what I said were true, I would have to agree with you.

3. profile image0
      Rad Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What's absurd here is that some are agreeing with you! Oh the humanity. Why some can't see through the lies is beyond me. Sounds like the mafia, give me money or I'll hurt you, believe in me or I'll roast you in hell for eternity.

2. Zelkiiro profile image87
    Zelkiiroposted 11 years ago

Depends. How do you feel about my invisible 60-foot-tall komodo dragon who loves you?

3. profile image58
    augustine72posted 11 years ago

The church does not teach that. It is you people who teach that and then you take a lot of pleasure in mocking something you teach.

Are you accusing me of teaching that God made a place called hell for those who do not believe and mock what I teach? So what does the church teach about hell than?

4. profile image58
    augustine72posted 11 years ago

Yes I am accusing you. An by you I don't meant only you but most of atheists.

The Church teaches that Hell was made for Satan and his angels. The Church teaches that these forces are at constant work to take us to Hell with them. The Church teaches that they are much more powerful than us and we cannot save ourselves from them and the only one who can do that is Jesus.

Note: By Church I am not referring to any particular denomination that exists today. I mean any church that teaches the Bible truly.

You wrote…" The Church teaches that Hell was made for Satan and his angels"
      God…I will make a hell for satan and his angels.
      Adam sins
      God…Aww, now I have to send most of my creation that I love there too.
      God…Why didn't I see this coming?

Are starting to see the foolishness in your churches  belief system yet?

2. Disappearinghead profile image60
      Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Augustine, please read, reread, and reread again what you have written. Then ask you self, "Doesn't all that just sound silly?".

When the literalists take metaphors and dreams and declare them as facts, there is harm done. When the pharisees placed man's understanding above that of understanding God there was harm done -- including the crucifixion.

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
          Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Believing in fallen angels and an arch fiend of God wanting to drag us all to hell? Yes that sounds very much like man's understanding to me.

@DH, but didn't anyone tell you that fear sells?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)