Who is the top earner on Hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (45 posts)
  1. my-success-guru profile image56
    my-success-guruposted 14 years ago

Who is the top earner? I heard of one lady earning around $1800 per month. Do you think you can eventually double or triple this?

1. weblog profile image56
      weblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm... Where did you hear that? Within HubPages?

1. my-success-guru profile image56
        my-success-guruposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey weblog I googled something like top Hubpage earner.

2. frogdropping profile image77
      frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Paul Deeds. Not rocket science. Though I'm thinking his secretary (Ryan) and hairdresser (Maddie) work hard to keep him sane and sensible smile

1. anime_nanet profile image58
        anime_nanetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Froggie is right. The biggest earner is for sure the founder of the site. He gets a take on all pieces of the pie smile

Oh yeah, Paul Deeds is a genious!!!

2. Lgali profile image56
        Lgaliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

very nice

3. traceye profile image57
      traceyeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

dammit - I thought my $700 last month was good (primarily Amazon sales).  Looks like I'll have to do some more work.

Tracey

1. apeksha profile image66
        apekshaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

how.I wan know...plz tell me..

1. traceye profile image57

LOL - I knew there was a reason I don't come onto the forums much - too many of my secrets to spill, but since you ask.

The secret to making money with Amazon is to target actual product names.  Go to Amazon and have a look at which products are selling well.  Then go to the Google Adwords Tool to see if that product is also getting decent searches (around 1000 or more per month).  Next go to Google and check your competition.  Type this into Google intitle:"your keyword" to see how many pages are also using the same keyword in their title.  Find keywords that have less than 700 pages that have that keyword in the title.

Make a hub using that exact keyword.  Write good quality original content.  Add one or two amazon modules AND add your affiliate link directly as well (no more than twice on the page to keep within Hub rules).

Make sure your links have a good call to action like - Click Here to see Amazon's latest price (or something).

Next your hub will probably rank fairly well to begin with because hubs usually do, but I also do a fairly extensive backlinking campaign to my hubs as well.

Start with articles writing 2 or so articles per hub and using your resource box link your keyword back to your hub.  Find other places to leave your backlink if you can (don't spam though obviously).

Also consider writing more than one hub and linking them together - that will give you a bit of a boost in Google too.

Um .. that should get you started.

Dammit - I hate spilling all my secrets.

Take care hubbers
          Tracey

1. livewithrichard profile image72
            livewithrichardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Tracey this was very good advice.

2. profile image50
        CabinGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That was good Tracey, well done !

3. kmackey32 profile image65
        kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow thats awesome. I have only made pennys a day so far... Good job

4. spuds profile image58
        spudsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

$700 impressive. I get mixed results and my earnings fluctuate, nothing like $700 though. Must work harder!

4. curiozities profile image61
      curiozitiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can tell you who is the bottom earner--me.  I've made zero, zip, zilch, nada so far.  I hope to double or triple this to triple zero in the near future. smile

2. dishyum profile image58
    dishyumposted 14 years ago

Adsense is the major source and it wouldn't like the publisher talking about earnings so openly!

3. Lissie profile image75
    Lissieposted 14 years ago

Well I think in terms of hubbers ben is looking good for that title ... http://www.makemoneyonlinewithseo.com/m … es-week-6/

1. profile image50
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great article Lissie, cheers for the link, jeeez doncha just love that girls smile smile

Have a good weekend Lissie !

2. Ladybird33 profile image67
      Ladybird33posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, I am learning so much and I know that I am not the top earner...yet smile

3. ngureco profile image80
      ngurecoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lissie, this is great for Ben. Who is Ben on Hubpages?

1. Typhoon profile image64
        Typhoonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's not hard to figure out if you read the articles... the topics he has hubs about are mind-numbingly boring. I can see why people click smile

2. Lissie profile image75
        Lissieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am lucky enough to have one of his ID's as my affiiate - but I'm not saying. The trouble with having some success is that people start copying you - often word for word - that's why some of us have muliple ID's here.

@Tracey - awesome description re Amazon- which is definitly my achilles spot at the moment. I will be applying those principals in the future.

@research analyst Grizz is the master - I laugh everytime people worry about writing long hubs - I don't think Grizz says hello in less than 2000 words! He published income figures back earlier this year in the $20k range  - a month that is!

1. traceye profile image57

And Adsense is my achilles heel(although ever since I discovered Griz 6 months ago it's slowly creeping up), seems you always stick with what you know works best for you.

t

4. profile image0
      girly_girl09posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with him, I personally would rather spend time researching keywords and writing as many articles as possible, rather than spending time building backlinks to my hubs.

Like he said, if you're going to spend 5+ hours per hub promoting it via backlinks, then you might as well be promoting your own blog where you earn 100% of everything.

It's all about finding topics that have low competition and pay moderately well - they don't have to be hubs about topics that earn $10 a click!!. If you have 10 hubs that equal $1 clicks, chances are you can rank higher from those keywords and get more traffic and earn more, anyways. I wrote a few hubs here and there that pay a lot from clicks, but I only get about 1 click a month. It's nice, but I'd rather spend my time writing about more interesting topics that I could write about that'll give me 50 clicks a month and earn me double on th-e 'high earning' topic....it all equals out. big_smile

Hopefully that makes sense. I've already started celebrating America's b-day. wink

4. countrywomen profile image60
    countrywomenposted 14 years ago

Maddie Ruud makes about $1000 per month from google adsense : http://hubpages.com/hub/Using-Hubpages- … ulum-vitae

1. london_guide profile image74
      london_guideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh my God. That's great but could you please tell me if it is from hubpages alone?

1. countrywomen profile image60
        countrywomenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can't clarify that. Maybe Maddie/Mark can elaborate further. smile

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
          Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that figure referred to my AdSense income from hubs alone (not including EBay/Amazon).  Of course, I do make more than that from HubPages, if you count my salary as a staff member wink

And no, I am not the top earner (in terms of revenue from hubs).

5. profile image0
    Useful Knowledgeposted 14 years ago

I am not the highest earner on Hubpages. However, I wish I was.
    That would be so AWESOME!!!

1. Gurdit Singh profile image57
      Gurdit Singhposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have just started on hubpages. Thanks to Paul Deeds I do not mind him taking the cut :-) however I am sure it would be a tough journey doing $1000 a month from Adsense . Also great going Ben this is great earning $50-$60 a day from Hubpages.

6. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

I should add that hubpages is also a great way to test the waters of your niche. I know I thought I had come across the BEST NICHE EVER a month or so ago. Turns out, it barely made anything and I was basing my estimates off of CPC that was probably being paid for Google SE results, only.

If, I would've spent days writing content for a blog and promoting it like crazy, it would've been a HUGE waste of my time, not to mention a disapointment.

If anyone wants to start a new niche site, you should definitely post a few articles here first and see how they fare.

I've never done a niche site/blog, because honestly it seems like too much work. Maybe in the future I'll find a hot niche because of my hubpage writing that I can use.

1. embitca profile image83
      embitcaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree with this. I don't set up a new website for any topic without trying out a couple of hubs and a few EZA articles first. No sense spending money on domains for something that won't perform like you were hoping. Plus, then you have places to add backlinks when you do build the site smile

7. Research Analyst profile image73
    Research Analystposted 14 years ago

This reminds me of a blogger named Grizzly he makes a ton of money from adsense and he writes really long indept posts on his blog, which some may consider long and drawn out, but I actually find the information interesting and useful, which I think is why grizzly is so popular and he has a following of readers to his blogs. Funny he said that he wasn't even expecting it to happen that way.

8. aniketgore profile image61
    aniketgoreposted 14 years ago

nice contents in all posts

9. curiozities profile image61
    curiozitiesposted 14 years ago

Who is this Griz/Grizzly dude everyone is talking about?  Is he a hubber or a blogger elsewhere?  Anyone have a link to his hubpages and/or blog?  I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you type "internet marketing for beginners" in to Google you'll be soaking in grizzly juice in no time!

2. Lissie profile image75
      Lissieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

make money
      make money with adsense
      make money online

He hasn't posted for a while but it will take a month or 2 to get thru those three :-)

10. rastrother profile image39
    rastrotherposted 14 years ago

dont ask maddie or mark anything you dont want a stirn answer too.

11. forlan profile image60
    forlanposted 14 years ago

i suggest hubpages inform the top ten earner so we can learn from the best hubbers

12. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

ssshhhhh......
    It is Lissie she is going to kill me since I told her secret. big_smile
    Mark Knowles and Misha come in 2nd and 3rd.:::::::::::big_smile
    It is a woman's world. smile

13. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Maddie, Does hubpages know how much individual Hubbers make from Amazon and Adsense? I thought you could just see what happened from your impressions.

1. LondonGirl profile image82
      LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And you wouldn't necessarily know about the hubbers who have more than one account, would you?

2. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We could only calculate roughly based on the fact that we get 40% of impressions.  And that's pretty impractical, anyway.  There are far too many users for us to do that for every individual.

14. profile image50
    goginooposted 14 years ago

great guys

Search engine optimizaiton

lets keep it up the good work wink

15. salt profile image60
    saltposted 14 years ago

Thanks - Tracy talked about all the work she does to backlink and search amazon and google with keywords. I am just beginning to learn this one.... I wish someone would create a step by step guide to this. As I do learn by trial and error and it does seem that I take in what I can as I go.. which at present suits my writing and my lifestyle.

Maybe I will make some money out of this eventually?! And congratulations to all that have!!!!

1. Susana S profile image94
      Susana Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have written a step by step guide - a few in fact smile One on webpage optimization - bascially how to do keyword research and then what to do with them once you've found them. And another one I've just written talks about all the areas of learning needed to be successful online and in what order you need to learn them and do them. If you can't find them on my profile, send me an email.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)