RESURRECTED: After a brief vacation, Share with Hubbers is back!

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (63 posts)
  1. moonlake profile image82
    moonlakeposted 10 years ago

I'm not seeing the share with hubbers has that been removed?

1. ytsenoh profile image60
      ytsenohposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It does not appear to be there currently.  I checked three different hubs randomly and didn't see it.

2. Simone Smith profile image87
      Simone Smithposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi moonlake- the option has been intentionally removed.

My argument (being the primary one fighting to see it go) was that:
      1. It did not match with the other buttons, visually
      2. It detracted from the other options

Sorry for not giving you a heads up about this!

1. SidKemp profile image84
        SidKempposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm disappointed - I used both Share With Other Hubbers and Share on social media for two very different reasons, and both were very valuable.

2. JayeWisdom profile image90
        JayeWisdomposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm very disappointed to lose it, too. I think it was a valuable tool. It often helped me find hubs I might have missed otherwise and gave me the opportunity to share hubs I considered exceptional with others who might miss them. Since I don't "do" Facebook or Twitter, it was my only means of sharing hubs.

If your opposition to it was purely visual, Simone, can't it be re-incorporated into hubs in a button that is deemed more esthetic?  Why remove an aspect of HubPages that is POSITIVE simply because you don't like the way it LOOKS and not replace it with something comparable? That doesn't make sense.

3. JayeWisdom profile image90

An addendum to my previous comment.  Exactly HOW did the "Share with Followers" option detract from other options?

3. Matthew Meyer profile image71
      Matthew Meyerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

We just deployed an update to the site and the share with your followers button has made a glorious return.
      http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8045871_f260.jpg

1. Victoria Lynn profile image88
        Victoria Lynnposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Woo hoo!

2. ytsenoh profile image60

Ahhhh cha-cha!  Thanks.

3. Peggy W profile image95
        Peggy Wposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Matthew!  smile

4. Matthew Meyer profile image71
      Matthew Meyerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

As this issue has been resolved, this thread is closed.
      Please create a new thread if you are encountering a technical issue.

2. Just Ask Susan profile image88
    Just Ask Susanposted 10 years ago

I used this button all the time when I knew it was a hub that many of my followers would enjoy. Sorry to see it go sad

3. Lady Guinevere profile image66
    Lady Guinevereposted 10 years ago

Well HubPages is changing all kinds of GOOD things just because they don't like the looks of it.  How silly is that?  Just get a new look on the button or change them all to look the same and we won't knot which is which.  Too many changes in too little time will not make the wheel go round faster in getting business.

4. brakel2 profile image73
    brakel2posted 10 years ago

I am sorry to see this option disappear. I don't think it was a distraction. It was an opportunity for others to have a second chance to read a valuable hub It was an opportunity for someone to say "read this it is special". It helped give the person who wrote It a little boost to self esteem. Reconsideration?

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

How many times do you dash off to read a hub that someone else has "shared" with you?  I can't remember doing it at all...

1. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image96
        Glimmer Twin Fanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I did it many times wilderness.  When I browsed my feed and an interesting hub that was shared by someone popped up, I would read it. If it really intrigued me then I would check out the author and maybe take a look at some of their other hubs.  I might even follow them.  Of course not everything was interesting to me. 

I will also add that sometimes I found that when one of my hubs was shared, I would receive more comments, and many of them were from people who did not follow me.  I, for one, will really miss this feature.

1. Sheri Faye profile image80
          Sheri Fayeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Me to Glimmer. I have found that if people I am following like something I might too. I have read many hubs that were shared. And lots of my followers found me that way too.

1. Sharkye11 profile image91
            Sharkye11posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I always read the hubs that were shared to me too. My email notifications don't always work, and HP has no way you for you to browse newest hubs unless you are using the hopper tool. Now we either have to follow every other hubber on hubpages to see their new hubs (which lowers our scores) or just watch the feed and hope that someone that we watch  found them and commented on them. Also, if I come across a hub written y someone new, and it is an interesting well written hub deserving attention, I share it so that it be seen by all of my followers. I hope they offer some alternative, otherwise some very good hubs are going to get buried and lost on HP.

2. MizBejabbers profile image87
          MizBejabbersposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I agree, I read a lot of hubs and made new friends and followers from my feed.  I find its removal crippling.

2. JayeWisdom profile image90

I've done it frequently. In fact, there are very few hubs shared with me by someone I'm following that I didn't read. My reasons are the same as Sheri Faye's. 

I also disagree vehemently with Simone's reasons for removing the option. I'd like to know why HP administration never polls members to ask our opinions about these things before taking action.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image66
          Lady Guinevereposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Me too.  Me too.

1. Sheri Faye profile image80

Me too!

1. mary615 profile image81
              mary615posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Me Three!!!

3. TheKatsMeow profile image88
        TheKatsMeowposted 10 years agoin reply to this

As did I, if one of the people I followed shared something on Hubpages, I almost always would check it out. I loved that feature.

4. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Interesting!  Maybe I'd better start watching my feed a little better - I seldom look at it.

2. profile image0
      summerberrieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I agree. SuzieQ, Mary615, and rajan jolly would share some really interesting hubs and since I did not follow the same topics I was introduced to some great reads thru them. Also I shared a hub about quail the other day because the bird is special to me and it was so well written. I know others read it who are follow me because of their comments I'd like to think it was because I shared it. Sorry to see it leave.

5. Pamela N Red profile image83
    Pamela N Redposted 10 years ago

I liked the share button. I thought maybe it was removed because some would share their own work.

It appears that when we leave a comment it still shows in our feed so maybe we could just leave a comment on their hub so we can still share that way.

1. mary615 profile image81

I've been sharing that way today, but it takes more time and effort. 

Hubbers don't share their own work now like they used to.  I think everyone finally got the message NOT to share our own stuff.

6. Sheri Faye profile image80
    Sheri Fayeposted 10 years ago

I agree!

7. brakel2 profile image73
    brakel2posted 10 years ago

The button just needs to say." Share HP".

8. moonlake profile image82
    moonlakeposted 10 years ago

I will miss it and I did seem to help and I also got more comments from people that didn't usually show up on my hubs. I didn't think it looked bad it seem to just kind of blend in. Removing it because it was causing some kind of problem I would understand but I don't understand removing it because of looks. You can make any kind of button and put another better looking one back on even a tiny one.
    At one time I never shared but I found out it helped me and it helped other hubbers.
    I will miss it.

9. tillsontitan profile image82
    tillsontitanposted 10 years ago

I hope there will be a decision to return the "share button".  Revamp it, redesign it but bring it back.  I often read hubs shared by others and like to share good hubs I read.  Not everyone on FB or Pinterest is going to feel the same way as other Hubbers do.

1. ytsenoh profile image60

I'm likewise disappointed to see it go.  I can see where it could be viewed as a distraction from the other options; however, I personally just saw it as an additional option and would either share on FB or Pinterest or share the hubs.  It would be great if an icon could just be included with "Share It!" as suggested above.

2. TheKatsMeow profile image88
      TheKatsMeowposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I agree Tillsontitan, it was nice to share other's work on hubpages. I felt it was a great way to discover new writers.

1. tillsontitan profile image82
        tillsontitanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Break out the champagne, its back!

3. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+  Give it a visual update, but please bring it back.  I often read hubs shared by others.  I have discovered many amazing hubbers I wouldn't have known without those shares. 

EDIT:  Thanks for bringing it back!  I just saw Robin's post.

10. Bedbugabscond profile image93
    Bedbugabscondposted 10 years ago

Is that why I can't find a button to share to Google +?

11. JayeWisdom profile image90
    JayeWisdomposted 10 years ago

I just noticed something that may be new or may have been there before and I didn't see it. On the feed, beneath a new hub (before you open it to read), there are three buttons: "comment", "preview" and "share."  In order to know if you want to share the hub, you must read it first, then return to the feed and use the "share" button, which I personally find a lot more distracting than the now-defunct share button in the upper right side of the hub.

12. SidKemp profile image84
    SidKempposted 10 years ago

I read hubs shared by hubbers I followed, and found many hubs and hubbers I liked, read, and followed. I shared hubs to support excellent hubs and hubbers that deserved to be read, and to benefit my followers.

To me, the "share on hubpages" feature was one of the best ways to build community on HubPages.

I hope the HubPages Team will reconsider.

13. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 10 years ago

I will miss the feature, too, and I have often found some great hubs by seeing the 'shares' go by on my feed.

QUESTION - the Facebook 'share' button used to allow us to post to either our own news feed or on groups.  Lately, it says something like "Like" this on Facebook.  So I have not used it (I share manually, by copying the link and putting it where I want it to be).   What happens when we use the current FB share button? 

BTW - I am not about to share a ton of stuff on my main FB status or feed - I share a few hubs in that manner, but very few.  I do, however, share with various groups that seem related to the content of various hubs.

14. janshares profile image92
    jansharesposted 10 years ago

Does the share button on the feed work the same way? It's beside the other 2 buttons, comment and status. I'm not happy about it being retired. It's the way you get see and be seen by other hubbers outside of your circle when they share with their followers. I enjoyed reading those that were shared and was very grateful to the hubber who shared my hub.

15. Peggy W profile image95
    Peggy Wposted 10 years ago

I hope HP will reconsider!  As many have already stated, I liked seeing shared hubs in the feed and would often read them if they sounded interesting.  When some of my hubs would be shared, it often sparked other comments from some regulars and also from some new readers of my hubs.  Obviously it works the same for others.  Sometimes older hubs that were rediscovered and shared would suddenly get a a bunch of new visitors leaving comments.  Since Google likes activity on a hub, this would seem to be all positive.  Please reconsider and put the share button back.  Pretty please?

16. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
    mistyhorizon2003posted 10 years ago

Five years on this site and I am ashamed to admit that I never recall ever even seeing that button, never mind using it. I only ever use FB, Twitter, G+ and Pinterest to share my articles. Guess on that basis I have no strong feelings about whether it has gone or whether it comes back.

1. alexadry profile image96
      alexadryposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Misty, I think we joined at about the same time around five years ago, so don't be ashamed as I have never used it as well!

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
        mistyhorizon2003posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Lol, thank God it isn't just me. I don't know if things have changed, but it always used to be the case that when you published a new hub your followers (fans in those days) used to get notified automatically in their daily email (actually you were also notified by individual email per new hub published unless you changed your settings so you only received the daily digest one), so I can't see any reason to manually share with hubbers as well (surely this would be doubling up on the information, especially on your own hubs, although possibly not if you share other people's).

17. Robin profile image85
    Robinposted 10 years ago

Hello Everyone!
    You spoke and you were heard; we have decided to bring back the share with Hubbers button to all those that are signed in at HubPages.  This obviously makes the most sense since signed out users can't share with fellow Hubbers, as they don't have an account.  Again, thanks for sharing your opinion, and we're glad that many of you use the share option!  The share button should return in the next day or so.  Cheers!  smile

1. Glimmer Twin Fan profile image96
      Glimmer Twin Fanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!!!!!!!!

2. Sheri Faye profile image80

That is good news!

3. AliciaC profile image93
      AliciaCposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for the return of the share button, Robin!

4. janshares profile image92
      jansharesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! That was easy. big_smile

5. Victoria Lynn profile image88
      Victoria Lynnposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so, so much! We love sharing hubs! :-) Thanks for listening!

6. mary615 profile image81

Thank you, thank you, you!!!!  Yes, thanks for listening to us.

7. tillsontitan profile image82
      tillsontitanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hurray!  Hurray for the return of the share button and hurray for HP and staff for listening!  Sometimes it is the smallest things that mean the most.  In a close knit community like HP, SHARING is part of our community and spirit.  Thank you guys for listening.

8. Peggy W profile image95
      Peggy Wposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much Robin and everyone at HP that listened to us.  We appreciate it!!!  smile  smile  smile

18. vocalcoach profile image94
    vocalcoachposted 10 years ago

Hallelujah!  The share button is returning back home.  Like all of you, I found it to be very useful.  I read hubs I otherwise would have missed. And to be able to share a good hub with others just plain feels good smile

19. CloudExplorer profile image78
    CloudExplorerposted 10 years ago

Bring back the sharing features underneath the hubs Thumbs options and critique section, I wish that didn't have to go long ago, I miss it too smile

Oh and what about a smarter archive page, where hubbers could be located by hubber score, then the purpose of having one shall be resurrected and we could at least feel important again. (Where in the world did it go?) We would if anything have more incentive to keep on plugging away at all our hubtivity here. (You know the income isn't going well, but at least we could locate those successful hubbers to emulate as we all once had been doing in the HP community.)

This was what motivated me once before when I first started, I wanted to have a much higher hubber score to be part of the super hubbers who were within the 95-100 zones. Much has been lost over the course of time, but if it wasn't broke, why fix it folks! "Just saying!"

20. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 10 years ago

Thank you for listening to our feedback and responding!

21. Robin profile image85
    Robinposted 10 years ago

Your welcome!  I'm glad everyone is happy about the change back.  smile

1. cclitgirl profile image93
      cclitgirlposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Awesome!  I use the share button daily.  tongue

2. mary615 profile image81

I'm happy!  Thanks again.

22. earner profile image81
    earnerposted 10 years ago

Oh - I didn't even know it existed/hadn't spotted it.

Can 10,000 hubbers please show me how this works by sharing my hubs smile

I'll have to go look at it now I guess..... features, features, features..... always stuff to discover no matter how long you've been around!

Cheers!

23. Rock_nj profile image91
    Rock_njposted 10 years ago

If I really like a Hub a lot and felt others will too, I share it.  I also became aware of Hubs worth reading by seeing them shared in my newsfeed.  I have to agree with others that sharing Hubs is a useful feature.  Glad HP listened to its users and restored this feature!

24. earner profile image81
    earnerposted 10 years ago

I used to make extensive targetted use of the rss feeds..... shame they went!

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)