Find another Location for Bubblews Threads

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (74 posts)
  1. Will Apse profile image88
    Will Apseposted 10 years ago

It is hard to see that Bubblews threads have a place in the Hubpages section of the forums.

Could another place be found for them?

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image78
      LuisEGonzalezposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It is good to share news about sites that are working for hubbers but I have to agree. This is HP so let's keep talk about  Bubblews or any other site to a minimum.

2. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well done, Will. Your post has triggered lots of responses over on Bubblews. Lots of people getting paid for your comment LOL

Will Apseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I am the perfect pantomime villain. And I do it for free.

Hissssss....

3. Dale Hyde profile image79
      Dale Hydeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Why does your demand of censorship not surprise me? After all, it is YOUR site and forum, right? 

The only reason that you are seeing information about Bubblews here is that members want to talk about it.  If not, then there would be no post.  Most of us at Bubblews are members here as well and that gives us the "right" to post here the same as  you, Mr. HP God.

Thank you and please have a very ........day. smile

P.S. BTW, you created this Bubblews thread, haha!  You are under the spell to promote the site and don't even realize it. smile

1. Jean Bakula profile image92
        Jean Bakulaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It sounds like it's worth a try. I've just seen so many people flock to sites that are the flavor of the month, put a lot of work in, and be disappointed. But from what I am reading, it sounds like you don't need to put a lot of time in for Bubblews. I think I'd rather use the time to improve my blog. I did notice that for most of the summer I wasted so much time on forums. One day I got an idea, and all of a sudden I was writing a hub a week, along with my twice weekly blog posts. Everyone has to decide where their time is best spent. I admit to being intrigued by this site though, so will take a look. I don't have a Facebook page, never bothered, though I tweet occasionally and am on Pinterest and Google 1.. I'm not that fond of social media, though it is a necessary evil.

1. Dale Hyde profile image79
          Dale Hydeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I keep a blog active too.  It seems that HP will unfeature, on average, one hub here a week, so I move them to the blog once a week. smile  Works out well.  I am down to 79 hubs here from 140 at one time, so I figure I am good for another year or so of unfeatured weekly hubs for the blog. smile

You are quite right about how people, individually, will find the best place for their time online. smile  Well stated!

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 10 years ago

Topical threads should find a home in the topical forums, probably this one for online writing websites.

It is a good idea to take all the talk about Bubblews elsewhere. We probably would be doing ourselves a favor to keep our woes to ourselves when it comes to our lack of views. Only some people post on the forums, it's possible many who don't are doing well. We don't want to give plagiarists the idea the site is dead and they can just come on in and pick what they want.

1. ologsinquito profile image82
        ologsinquitoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That's a really good point Jean. The site is not dead. Many people are reporting better traffic.

2. Will Apse profile image88

Thx for that link. I see that at least one Bubblews thread has been moved there already. So, I'm probably asking for a policy that is already in effect, lol.

Given that a place exists, it might be a good idea for those people who don't want to see Bubblews stuff in the Hubpages section to use the 'report' button and select the 'wrong forum' option when necessary.

3. SmartAndFun profile image93
    SmartAndFunposted 10 years ago

Be careful what you wish for. If the Bubblews threads are moved elsewhere, will there be any HP forum posts at all? Seems like the Bubblews threads are the only thing keeping this forum alive.

4. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 10 years ago

I had a look and could only see one other Bubblews thread on the front page Will.  This one makes a total of two.

What you probably meant to say was will everyone stop talking about Bubblews.

It's hard to know what level of vacuous is suitable for this forum.  Not floating ads, traffic, editors choice, interlinking I guess.

What should we talk about Will?

ps. I had another page idled yesterday for engagement.  My delete reflex is well established now. Shall we talk about that for a while - how my writing site does not want my writing?

5. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87
    mistyhorizon2003posted 10 years ago

There are many people here who never look beyond this page of the forums, which would be a shame if they were Hubbers really desperate to claw back some income from somewhere having watched their already small income vanish here. At least if the Bubblews threads are clearly visible they know they have viable alternatives, or places they can write as well as here.

Personally I never ever go to the topical forums pages, not least because I was very happy to see the politics and religious forums vanish to the oblivion that place provided. I unfortunately now miss out on topics I did have an interest in like Pets and Animals, Gardening etc, but it was a small price to pay to lose the acrimonious forum threads.  I am afraid that to banish the Bubblews threads there as well would result in many missing out on an opportunity to actually make some money (no matter how long the opportunity does or doesn't last).

If they do move the Bubblews topics there it would seem like convenient censorship!

Well, that is a possibility. But it does seem the forum of one site shouldn't overdo it talking about another site. I used to go on the religion and politics forums, but they get too nasty. I can understand spreading the word about a site that is paying well for now, but have seen so many sites that were touted as being the next best thing fizzle out. I'm getting jaded.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87
        mistyhorizon2003posted 10 years agoin reply to this

As Mark said though, there are only two threads on Bubblews on the front page here, and this is one of them (started by Will who is not a fan of Bubblews). At one point in the past everyone raved about Hubpages too, but now it  is apparently 'fizzling out' (whether it is their fault, Panda's or both) is it wrong to allow people to know what other options are out there and then make their own decisions as opposed to hiding those options from them in the 'topical section' where not many people will ever see them?

6. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 10 years ago

As less people responded to them the older Bubblews posts in the forum would have dropped off the front page radar. I was surprised to see a new one started here today. Starting a positive post about HubPages is an option some might already be trying.

BTW I thought it was nice to see no spam on the forum this morning.

7. fivesenses profile image70
    fivesensesposted 10 years ago

hello everyone,
    i'm new here and was just looking around.
    I've just joined Hubpages and was surprised to read here about Bubblews.
    Bubblews pays well and pays alot of people but there are an equal number(who have not broken any rules)who are waiting for payments for over 3 months and the management never answers despite repeated reminders, so many might just migrate back here.
    Have a great day everyone.

8. WriteAngled profile image73
    WriteAngledposted 10 years ago

I find it amusing that some folks here feel so threatened by Bubblews. It is actually not all that scary! I reached payout level yesterday after a few weeks of spending maybe 10-20 minutes every three or four days there. If I get paid, well and good, if not, I have not invested any significant time. If I do get paid, my first earnings there will be equivalent to over 10 months earnings for 22 hubs that took me many hours of research and writing to produce.

Why am I thinking about corpses floating down river?

1. WriteAngled profile image73
        WriteAngledposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yup, that describes my hubs and my experience of "earning" here very well.

2. HollieT profile image82
        HollieTposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You're own reflection, perhaps?

2. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think more bored than scared.

9. Misfit Chick profile image75
    Misfit Chickposted 10 years ago

I checked it out for the first time yesterday and made more in one day with one post than I do in Hubpages every 3-4 days with Twelve featured posts. It's almost effortless, which is nice. However, it seems to be an enclosed community somewhat like Hubpages (although the outside world can read articles, too - just like in Hubpages); but it is VERY hung-up on getting people to click on your articles and then like/dislike or comment on them. So, all you need to do to make money is hook-up with other authors and click on each others articles. Also, the majority of articles on there are terrible - really really bad, and I've seen some doosies here on Hubpages. If they don't implement some some higher standards for writing, they are not going to last long as far as building a reputation as a place to go to read good, quality information. Still... the money is a huge pull and they do make every social plug-in available so readers can share easily everywhere. That certainly seems to increase traffic over there. *hint, hint, Hubpages*. wink

1. ChristinS profile image38
      ChristinSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+1

What can be lazier or more meaningless than +1?

1. psycheskinner profile image82

I think it is a very efficient and meaningful response, and more polite than your choice.

Actually, this response is bordering on the un-bland.

Well, well.

Something is stirring in the undergrowth...

2. habee profile image92
            habeeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+1  (I agree with you, psyche!)

2. ChristinS profile image38

Nothing wrong with a +1 - it is a standard and efficient way to say "I agree with you" without clogging up a forum with meaningless extra drivel.  Happy now?

Go on. Speak for yourself.  I dare you.

I'm perfectly capable of speaking for myself.  The original comment said everything already - shall I restate the obvious? Whatever.  Have a nice day, I'm not going to argue over something so silly - talk about meaningless!

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
                Mark Ewbieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+1

Thank you Mark +1 to you as well.  I keep telling myself to stop visiting the forums here - sigh. lol

2. livewithrichard profile image72
            livewithrichardposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oh, how about a Will Apse ploy of "bumping this up to get ahead of the spammers."  HAhaha  such a clown...

3. Quilligrapher profile image74
            Quilligrapherposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+0 roll

lol +0 I'll have to remember that for those lazy days wink thanks.

1. Quilligrapher profile image74

yvw

2. Reality Bytes profile image74
              Reality Bytesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

-1  lol

2. fivesenses profile image70
      fivesensesposted 10 years ago

@WriteAngled-  the only thing troubling me is that I invested incredible time and energy in bubblews and having multiple pending redemptions and no answerback to my emails pinches me.
      hope you get paid!

@Misfit Chick- surprisingly the lowgrade writers are earning consistently and a lot of better ones are waiting redemption for months.

Can I say, that I don't think the serried dead are waiting on a payment, lol. That was more of a metaphorical, maybe (at a push) existential thing.

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87

I am writing there too, and have already been paid my first redemption without any problem. I know a number of other Hubbers writing there and all the ones I deal with regularly have been paid without issue, and multiple times at that. These are not low quality writers either, they are writing quality stuff. From what I can tell those who haven't been paid have been breaking the rules one way or another e.g. not attributing photos correctly, or using photos they just pinch from Google and then attributing them by simply saying they are taken from Google (which still makes the images outside of the rules because they weren't free images).

1. livewithrichard profile image72

I discovered that it's not only the rule breakers that are not getting paid.  If you have connections that are rule breakers and they have liked, shared, or commented on your posts, and they get banned they you lose all those likes, shares, and comments too.  A lot of bubblers hit the redeem as soon as they reach $25 and it's more likely $25.07 or something... so it is possible to fall under the threshold after hitting the redeem.  Best thing to do is wait an hour or so until your bank earns another dollar or so.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87

I waited until I reached about $26.50 before redeeming just to be on the safe side smile

1. livewithrichard profile image72

They're coming pretty fast for me now.  Monday I had one clear for $48 and redeemed another for $28 the same day.  Yesterday it started processing in Paypal and my bank right now stands at $27.77 which I'll redeem this afternoon.   A little over $100 in one week, and to think, most of that came from a hub or 2 that HP deemed unworthy...

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
                Mark Ewbieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congrats to you!  That is some going.

3. Reality Bytes profile image74
      Reality Bytesposted 10 years ago

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/1911430/temper-tantrum-o.gif

4. Will Apse profile image88

And the tantrum above signifies what?

5. Misfit Chick profile image75
      Misfit Chickposted 10 years ago

Well, gee... Getting paid is important, ha! I hope they come through, but I'm like WriteAngled above... I haven't put in nearly as much time as I supposedly need to for Hubpages. At least I 'appear' to be making money of whatever lesser-amount of time I'm putting in over there. I had really high hopes for Hubpages - but the rewards in here are too meager and too slow to accumulate. If so many people are complaining about getting paid on Bubblenews, I wonder why no one has reported it - and if they have, what is being done? I guess I should probably go over there and ask this question. smile

6. Will Apse profile image88

It's like whack a mole. Lol.

My bad though. Talking to the moles.

7. Mark Ewbie profile image82

Seriously Will - can you answer a straight question, sensibly?

What is your problem?

Hubbers - many of whom are long serving members, and also friends, are sharing their experience of Bubblews.  We are not selling it or making money by talking about it - we are simply sharing our, in most cases, genuine enjoyment of the site.

We are not trashing HubPages, many of us are still at HubPages and offering our usual help to people and so on.

So what makes you be so nasty about it?

If you want to complain about forum posts there are many less-deserving posts on this page - of little interest to anyone.

I will tell you that your constant bitterness and sniping makes no difference to what will be.  Those people having fun at Bubblews just laugh at it.

1. HollieT profile image82
        HollieTposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Mark, Will has a philanthropic nature. It appears that he thinks we should all for write for nothing because at least the articles here are long form and media rich. Lol!

8. Will Apse profile image88

Okay. Time for sleep. No more mole talk.

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You normally go to bed at 6pm? I'm on the same timeline as you.

9. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 10 years ago

I am happy never to refer to other successful sites here on HP.
      This platform has its place, as do others.
      Hubbers should have their eggs in multiple baskets.
      Bubblews is on top at the moment, all the same.

10. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
      PaulGoodman67posted 10 years ago

If you only earn peanuts at HP, then Bubblews probably seems like a good earner.  HP and Squidoo have far more potential though, in my humble opinion.

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That ^

2. Susana S profile image95
        Susana Sposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yup!

3. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I agree.   I've only been at Bubblews a short time, but it seems that to earn money, you have to keep active.  HP and Squidoo are based on a passive income model, and even though the income has gone down, I'd still rather get paid for doing nothing than having to work for it!

yes and no. I've had some bubbles that are getting pinned frequently and some that show up in search results. Even on days I'm not active I make up to a dollar. It isn't much and I'd make a lot more being active every day, but I've had a heavy workload this past week.  I think you can do a little bit of residual there.

11. wowtgp profile image60
      wowtgpposted 10 years ago

Well, how many of you can say that you earn $25 a day here. I can say that despite my broken English.

1. GA Anderson profile image89
        GA Andersonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

And I can say I'm Superman - even if I can't fly. Just like your 1000+ total views can't earn $25 per day here.

GA

The avalanche of writers began leaving really soon after the first Panda hit when they never recovered even a portion of the money they once made. They were here in the good times, and saw the writing on the wall immediately. Some were making about $25,000.00 a year, more than people make in many P/T jobs, working awful schedules. There's a lot to be said for being able to work at your computer at 2AM while in your PJ's! They saw that dwindle to such a small amount, they knew right away it could never be the same.

I think we all need to vent, though it probably does look bad to others on different sites. But most of us write on other sites, so between us all we have the main sites and probably many of the middling ones covered anyway. So if things were doing great on a particular site, we would have found it and passed on the info. Of course, people hit on a good thing and sometimes keep it to themselves. But the atmosphere on HP has always been more sharing somehow.

I opted out of EC today. I only had two chosen, both were parts of series, and not the leading piece of the series. So that tells me the appropriate amount of time isn't being put into this EC thing anyway. A person should be able to look at a group of hubs about the same topic, and see which is the beginning piece which explains the rationale for the others. I don't need to be chosen for something that isn't getting the right amount of attention to answer a few simple questions.

12. Will Apse profile image88

Let myself get annoyed yesterday. Fatal.

Now the moles are everywhere and there is nothing to be done, lol.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Here is the real problem as I see it.  Hubbers started complaining about views, money, Google, etc.  And they kept on complaining.  This started an avalanche of writers not only leaving, but announcing that they were leaving. In other words, we created many of our own problems.  People who have left, stopped writing or continue to bash this site are the very ones leading to its demise.  Yes, there are problems with Google.  Yes, the team has made some wrong decisions.  Yes, the site may die, anyhow...but constant negativity is a killer for any enterprise, and HP is no different.

HP, for most writers here, has never been a big "payer", but it has been rich in friendship, sharing and learning.  I, for one, really hope it makes it, but I do with all of this whining and complaining would stop.  I still produce articles and I still make low pay for them, but if the majority here stop writing, it's over.  Want to save HP...get busy.  That's all.

I agree with this too actually.  Although I use Bubble, I still use and love HubPages.  I think there is room for both, but yes, people need to realize that in order for HP to survive they had to make radical changes to try to appeal to Google's always changing and clear as mud demands. 

I enjoy HubPages very much, always have and will continue to do so. 

People can also use HP in other ways for making money.  First of all, get involved with and use social media, that's the wave of the future (or at least it is for now) and social media is where the traffic / money is.  I know this and my earnings are nowhere near as dire as many say their are wink.

Secondly, use your hubs as a means to find clients and write for others - not everyone wants to do this of course, but for those of us who do take on clients Hubs are a beautiful way to display work.

Finally, develop your own blogs and websites etc. and use HP and your sites to promote each other so long as the content is relevant and related - don't try to game the system though!  smile

That's my thoughts on the subject.  See I really can think for myself wink lol

2. habee profile image92
          habeeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I feel the same way. I still love HP and will continue to write here. Bubblews is just another way to spread my writing.

3. psycheskinner profile image82

I disagree.  that loss of standing with Google is the single most important factor.  We are just leaves blown by that wind, as are any content writers.

13. Mark Ewbie profile image82

Oh.. I can't resist.  Forgive me...

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8373733_f248.jpg

14. paradigmsearch profile image59
      paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

Check it out...

"Thank You- President's Bubble"

http://www.bubblews.com/news/1147844-th … 39s-bubble

15. paradigmsearch profile image59
      paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

Darn it. I just wrote a 569-character forum post. Guess where it ended up instead...

1. Quilligrapher profile image74

In the garbage? lol

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
          paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

No. The tooth fairy has put 48 cents under my pillow so far... For a forum post, that ain't bad!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)