Babies on a leash???

Jump to Last Post 51-86 of 86 discussions (263 posts)
  1. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

those fancy kid leashes are to expensive for my blood, I just use my dogs old yard chain it fits the kiddy collar perfectly

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

pinch collar? wink

3. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Well never used a leash, but I have been known to use handcuffs...
    (and I don't have children smile )

1. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cole!...are you trying to spice up this post?  smile

4. Colebabie profile image61

Key word being "trying"

Everyone is in a pissed off mood tonight and they're boring.

1. profile image0

You noticed that, too? wink

Actually, its been getting beyond fun now for months...more like contentious.  And some aren't 'playing,' they're just scary.

1. Colebabie profile image61
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah some people need to grow up.

1. profile image0

Some are...well, beyond that.  Seriously.  And I think of that house in the movie Silence of the Lambs...and imagine they rarely leave it.

5. White Teeth profile image60
    White Teethposted 14 years ago

Handcuffs kinda suck if you are at someone else’s house…and they don’t know where the key is…

As far as leashes…it is one of those deals…other parents’ children need a leash…but not mine…I beat them properly…unfortunately one is way to sensitive to be beaten...and the other is way too insensitive...THANK YOU MA'AM, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER...

6. ledefensetech profile image67
    ledefensetechposted 14 years ago

Is this where you two come to get away from the trolls?

1. profile image0

Well, I came here for a couple reasons, wink

But, yes.

1. tksensei profile image61
        tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Can't escape yourself no matter what you try to convince others, can you?

7. Colebabie profile image61

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again. ::shivers::

1. ledefensetech profile image67
      ledefensetechposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Huh, that really is kinda creepy.  It's not often I get the shivers from reading something, but that did it.

1. Colebabie profile image61
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know, right!

8. Colebabie profile image61

<looks around> Lita, lets move...

1. profile image0

Um, yeah...

You know we get him in the end, though, wink, so no fear!~

9. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

"Although the Walsh thing and abducted children is horrible, yes, I personally (and note the word 'personally') do not believe that living life in what amounts to fear, basically, is the answer.  Better to teach children how and why to be careful and the correct things to do... As they are sentient human beings & will be responsible for their own lives one day after all.  Not 'on a leash.'"

I wasn't one to use a "leash" on my children, because there are ways to keep them close by without doing that.  While I may have trusted them to "just stay near me" in stores (and made sure they did), if it was a matter of something like even a six-year-old (known for just spinning and dancing around and not paying attention in parking lots) I made sure I held the hand of anyone under a certain age.  So, having agree with Lita on not being in favor a leash; I have a couple of "opposing" points too:

With regard to fear about kidnappings (and the horrors that go with it), parents don't need to live in fear if they take steps to prevent the need to live in fear (just a few easy, safety, precautions go a long way).  Unfortunately, when Adam Walsh was taken people weren't as aware as Adam's parents have since made people.  Not all predators are as extreme as in the case.  My own girlfriend found her five-year-old cornered at the back of a fairly small store - just in time.   The middle ground between letting your kids "go wherever" and be at risk for "whatever" and living in fear is taking some basic, easy, steps to have some degree of control over a lot of things that don't have to happen. 

My other "opposing" point is that no matter how well educated/trained or how sensible and mature we think our children are; children are not emotionally mature enough to always follow the rules they learn.  My three kids, my sister's three kids, and two other kids (all ranging from about 6 to 12, except for one 4-year-old) were outside my mother's house once.  All were sharp, well behaved, kids who had had it drummed into them not to talk to strangers.  My mother, sister, the friend, and I were in the house when a few of the kids came in and put some real estate brochures on the table.  I said, "Where did you get that?"  One of them said, "The man and the lady in the car."  (!!!!   mad  !!!  roll  )  I said, "What about how I always say not to talk to anyone in cars?" and one of the children said, "But they were nice."  We adults were all pretty much horrified to realize how ready they all were to "think for themselves" and determine if the people were nice. 

As an adult, I'll admit that I've occasionally taken a couple of chances because I was in a desperate situation (like broken down car), and I decided to "trust my gut" about whether to trust a stranger. It's precisely kids and adults who feel capable and strong who often decide to "forget the rules" and make a judgment in any given situation.  That's exactly what gets people victimized.  Children are more likely than adults to "forget" and base their choices on who seems nice - no matter how many times you tell them otherwise.  (There have been programs on tv that show child after child horrifying their parents by doing that kind of thing in test situations.)   roll

1. profile image0

Thanks for your always well-rounded point of view, Lisa.

I cannot believe, actually, that this weird thread got so popular...I saw it as more of a joke post, wink, which actually, the OP admits to...

Anyway, all you relate is common sense, I think, to most parents...and I'd say my own parents.  All without the need of a 'leash' for their children.  I'd note I've never seen this used in any town, hamlet, or city I've ever lived in...so there may be something of a consensus about it.

I take issue with all those posters who took this whole thing seriously, absolutely, and in their great experience and wisdom found it fit to verbally smear my parents as they did. 

To the goofs...I know who you are...and it is par for the course, smile.

2. White Teeth profile image60
      White Teethposted 14 years agoin reply to this

…well…to get serious and all…after hearing about the Dugard kidnapping…my kids will always be on a “leash” figuratively speaking…the cost-benefit analysis does not add up any other way for me…my oldest is 5 at the moment, and maybe that will change…but…I gotta do the cost-benefit thing...

1. hinckles koma profile image61
        hinckles komaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What about the cost? What do you mean ?

10. Lisa HW profile image63

White Teeth, I know the feeling. If it's at all reassuring, many of the children who have been taken have been doing things like riding bikes down roads with stretches of woods alongside; or in one case, 16-year-old Molly Bish sp?) was a lifeguard at a pond, with nobody around.  This is not intended to blame the parents (because so often until something happens nobody thinks it will); but it's pretty easy not to let your child travel alone on those kinds of roads or be a lifeguard at a wooded pond she'll be alone sometimes.

What about baby s 8-9 months when they are learning to walk?

11. janddplus4 profile image60
    janddplus4posted 14 years ago

I tried one on my son because he likes running off in the grocery store.  He rebelled so strongly I never tried it again.  He was 18 months at the time.  Now when I must go to the grocery store with my four children, ages 5, 4, 2, and six months, I tell them (except for the baby, whom I carry) to follow me like ducklings.  I used to try to get them to hold hands, but it is dangerous in a parking lot to have so many little ones strung out from side to side.  They love following me like ducklings.  They try different orders (shortest to tallest, tallest to shortest, girls in front, etc.) each time.  They quack at the top of their lungs.  They hold their hands behind their little bottoms and flap them like tail feathers.  It always turns heads.

I believe in using the Harness when the baby is 8-9 months to start introducing it in crowded places.  Like the park or stores where your discipline along with the harness's teach the baby security that he or she is always next to you. My back almost feels better now compared to when i was raising my daughter when she was a baby.  Iam less stressed and much more happy with my harness.  Opinions are good but when there are controlling your life and you care what others might say or feel when using your harness it becomes a problem to me. Calling me lazy or a bad mother is not right at all. Be happy in your decisions parents and don't let anyone control your emotions. love to all.   Ill put down my harness when iam ready and when my son is ready.  Even now when i take off his harness he behaves better and always stays next to me. If you want to talk to someone who uses leashes and hear personal opinions iam here for you just comment in my hub thanks.

2. hinckles koma profile image61

THe 2 year old can like the idea of the harness try it.

12. RedSonja94 profile image60
    RedSonja94posted 14 years ago

I've got three boys and never used a leash for any of them.  They all behave in the store or at parks.  Granted sometimes I have to call them back to me but they still stay near me when out in public.  At home..that's a different story.  Sometimes I think they need it more at home than when away.  LOL

lol They need it everywhere if you ask me how much time do we say Stay here go there come here in a day try counting,  iam really enjoying my son better when i don't shout iam just less stressed honestly.  Hes a good boy and he wants to put on the harness hes used to it.

13. RedSonja94 profile image60
    RedSonja94posted 14 years ago

That's why God gave them little, chubby hands to hold.

I hold their hands too all the time even with the harness. What ever he wants he got it. ok not everything lol
      If he was against it i never push my kids and he really likes it even the attention from kids  They say   Ohh mommy Can i have that lol  Anyways Iam a mother like you so what works for me may not work for you but having an open mind that's whats up.

14. missalyssa profile image61
    missalyssaposted 14 years ago

I think that parents should teach their kids not to run off...not just put them on a leash...If I can train my blue heeler to stay at mt side, it has to be possible with children. Granted, it's probably not an easy task, especially in new, exciting places, kids are often a lot smarter than we give them credit for. they are old enough to know TONS by the time they can walk well enough to run off

15. Lisa HW profile image63

I agree (although I'd take it a step farther and say that keeping them with you without any harness is not hard at all.   Before they can walk you carry them or put them in something (and keep your hand on whatever they're riding in).  When they walk you may do either or those things, or else hold their hand when they walk.  If you're near a busy street or parking lot it's safer to pick them, just to make sure you don't let go of their hand by accident.  If the trip out lasts a while toddlers get tired of walking the whole time anyway.  I didn't find managing to keep any (or all) of my three children with me all that much of a challenge.   smile  They were all happy, well behaved, little folks even without any leashes.   Granted, I had the occasional back ache when I had one in a seat on my hip and was leaning to hold the other's hand, but I just thought that should be my problem, not my baby's.  I can't say I found being out with any or all of my young children all that stressful either (tiring by the end of a day but not stressful).  A lot of mothers pretty much do some version of what I've mentioned, and all is fine.

Having said that, if someone, for some reason, has a toddler and needs the help of leash to keep him/her (I don't refer to baby's as "it") safe (or to make her back feel better or make the trip less stressful), then I it's nobody's business.  To be honest, I suspect any onlookers are probably less judgmental than a lot of people think; and would just assume the child may be a hard-to-manage child, and the mother is keeping him/her safe.

1. missalyssa profile image61
      missalyssaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad you said it Lisa HW...I don't have kids, but i was a nanny and worked in a church nursery and never had much trouble keeping up with them. Of course it's tiring, but isn't it supposed to be? Most things that  are worth while usually make you tired!

16. jiberish profile image80
    jiberishposted 14 years ago

I had two boys 16 months apart.  From the time he started walking, the oldest one did not want to ride in a stroller, and did not want to hold my hand, he was, and still is very independent.  I did have a harness, a relative sent from Europe, and it made my life easier, and stress free, especially in a crowd.  Yes, I got looks from some, while others asked where I bought it.  I was glad to have the peace of mind, and he didn't mind it.

The reason this thread is on is because a lot of people here feel very strong about what they call leashes because as doing my hub i stumbled on this and look in the begging of the thread read what some people told me i was upset at all the name calling.  Lazy parent, clown and a bunch of high school stuff. I didn't expect them to say all the things they said anyways my hub is about a harness. Thats why this thread is long, notice in the begging what was said to parents with harnesses.  I tried to tell them have an open mind maybe it just works for my happiness.lol

1. profile image0

I seriously doubt you have changed anybody's minds. lolololo Made me research the issue more though, and now I am absolutely sure of why I think as I do.

How do you feel about MEN on a leash, Koma?  wink

(For those upset mamas out there--this is all said tongue-in-cheek, so don't come after me, OK?  lol)

1. profile image0
          rednckwmnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am one upset MOMMA!!! Im coming  after you Lita!! I need the approval of all out here, I am not sure I am capable of handling may own kids, and must have the go ahead from everyone I know for everything I do...Your hamburg girly!!
          No, really, I like your new picture. smile your looking pretty good!!!

1. Misha profile image63
            Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Talking to trolls? uh-oh sad

1. profile image0

was I? I talk to myself sometimes too.
              No matter, trolls very rarely respond me. My views aren't really considered as a threat, or valid for that matter.  And your a spammer, after all. Not to mention, me.  ha ha.  smile

1. Misha profile image63

Sure I am, and you, too smile

I filled you in on DC thread, and you did not react sad

1. profile image0

sad i will go look again. I never mean to not react, sometimes I miss stuff....brb.

2. profile image0

wink  Smart girl.  & I bet a good mom.

17. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Sheesh! I cannot believe how all this turned into mudslinging. I really hate to compare dogs to kids and kids to dogs but here goes. Some dogs are not conducive to obedience training and I don't give a dam about how good a trainer one is. Blood Hounds and Bassets seem to be the worst offenders and cannot be trusted off leash unless they are contained in a fenced area. They will follow their noses. They are very smart. I know I have 3 Bassets.
    Kids are alike in that respect. Some are very obedient, some aren't. I only had one son who ever wandered away at the fair and the Mall. He did learn from those two experiences as well as my wife and I. We kept a close eye on him and a tight hand too. I never resorted to a leash but see nothing wrong with it period as long as it is short so as not to entangle or trip.

1. profile image0

hey Ralwus, I like the beard. Looks as though you had a 100 year nap!! My neighbor has a basset, Sam, he has been in my house on my couch more then once, becuase they run. Its what they do, its not becuase my neigbor is a bad dog owner, its because my couch smells soooo good.  smile I can not believe this thread is still going!!

18. profile image56
    kissmygritsposted 14 years ago

ya and do ya think they come in large size so I can put my wife on one big_smile

19. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Hi ya. I like the pic too. thanks. Just having fun with them. Yeah, this turned out to be some thread. Good to see you again.

20. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL I love your new pic Charlie! big_smile

Misha you said you got a dose,  what dose are you ok?

To all the parents with A harness:  Do you enjoy being with your baby more because you are less stressed, i do because no longer iam i saying stop,!!!!!! come here!!!!!! be careful 10o,000 TiMes a DaY.  Oh YEah and GIVE ME YOUR HAND NOW.!!!!! and iam bending much less because after 2 epidurals my back is shot.

Parents you know what is right for your child and you better than anyone.  Have a relaxing day and stay healthy. Love to all our kids.

21. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Would you stop spamming the forums, please? Or trolling, if you like this word better smile

22. Lisa HW profile image63

Lita, somewhere far back in this long thread you mentioned being surprised that people turned what started out as a "joke-ish" thing into what it turned into.  I think sometimes people gravitate toward the smaller issues (like "leashes") because they're a fun change from some of the same old Obama, healthcare, and religious threads.   lol

1. missalyssa profile image61
      missalyssaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree Lisa HW!

23. Chloe Comfort profile image60
    Chloe Comfortposted 14 years ago

Before I became a mom, I thought those leashes for children were horrible. Now, as a mom, they can be absolutely invaluable. Personally, I have never used one but on some rare occasions, I sure as hell wished I had one. Young kids tend to run off or can disappear quite fast when your back is turned.

Reminds me that I shall not judge anyone until I have walked in those same shoes :-)

1. profile image0

YES!!!!!! OMG, I am your newest fan!!!!!

24. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL Take your time, no worries, you know i can wait lol

1. profile image0

sad   

I dont know wich update you mean, I did say sorry for being rude?

I really dont know what happend on the "march"

and yes, you must be the most patient guy on the face of the earth.

25. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Just don't be upset please, would you? You are breaking my heart when you do smile

Here is what i was talking about http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/21628#post367573 smile

1. profile image0

not upset, just a little guilty/sorry feeling..going to check your link, then I have to go buy chicken food. then I am going to quick see a friend who is in need. Then I am getting some work done, and if I dont make it back on here today, I will be back tomorrow!!!!

1. Misha profile image63

Will wait for it smile

26. hinckles koma profile image61
    hinckles komaposted 14 years ago

Hey!!! you ask me if i think men should be on leashes sure which part and for how long? lol
    ask your best friend misha hell wait lol
    You guys are so funny,  how old are you? 
       lita sorison come and get your leash girl!!!! come and get your leash it doesn't matter who you will strap down,  as long as you got it!!!! or do you prefer the hand?  You tell me because its not a big deal like you make it to be, try being a parent first like i already told you.
      Only men who act like dogs or all men?

1. profile image0

He's not my friend, there, Koma...just a member of my fan club who follows me...of which there are a few here on hubpages and elsewhere...you know how it is, I'm sure.  And my guy officially doesn't need a leash, just like any of my kids or future kids, lol

Appreciated the, uh, sushi, however, even if it all turns out to be accidental poetry.  wink

Dont be so sure you wont use the harness hey you never know maybe you'll try it just to remember this convo.   i bet you hated my hub on leashes like you call them my boy is there see hes 30lbs boy and he loves it,  he gets mad if you don't smile at him, very stubborn boy i love him sooooo much.  My boy!!   Did you know he(sushi) also speaks Russian, do you speak other languages? By any chance.  Did you do research on harness did you see the benefit part?  OR what was bad about them?

1. profile image0

Can't say I hate anything, Koma.  I'm not the type for it.

I could possibly see the use for some sort of leash if I lived in NYC...  For kids:  with the crowds and all, ie

edit:  *Oh, yeah...languages.  Yeah, I speak a little bit of a few different languages.  How did you know?  And as far as research...the psychological aspect.  It just wouldn't be a choice for me, I don't think...unless absolutely necessary.

Iam in NYC  Grew up in Brooklyn NY, i speak Russian that's why sushi doesn't like me because i wrote on his hub in Russian let him translate to you what i have said lol

Just my point to sushi was 1st time tasting sushi should be not in a cheap place, cheap food.  Its fish it has to be eaten fresh. Better quality more money.  I guess he was a little upset. I understand. I like to criticize and be criticized, this experiment changes me iam open minded that's all.

1. profile image0

This is true. 

Well, Misha doesn't like anyone pointing anything out to him, wink  That's why he doesn't like me...though I'm really not interested in pointing anything out to him, just been caught in it...

I lived in Brooklyn.  Maybe it might sound weird to you, but I thought the fish markets in Brighton Beach had the freshest fish...lol...and in my neighborhood where there were a lot of orthodox jews...by Prospect Park.

*edit..anyway, good luck with your experiment, lol

I love sushi in park slope that's my favorite neighborhood mura i go to a lot but there was a fire there so it was closed for the longest time but i waited,  I go to fu shi mi now . Caribbean sushi is the best ohh and the oysters shots are cool.   Iam calling for delivery now!! lol

1. profile image0

I liked Park Slope, too.  Nice neighborhood...as I remember.  Cool bookstores, nice feel to it.  lol  We don't have the choices here where I live now as you do there... Though Sedona has some good stuff...good chefs.  Sometimes a little TOO upscale and plastic-y.  Oh, well...  smile

27. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

What did you say?  lol My last bf was Russian speaking, but I've lost most of anything I knew.

28. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Well, Lita, you've been very successful in taking over this thread. While real (not imaginary) parents wanted to have a discussion, we are now reduced to listening to folks trying to translate Russian as well as you putting down our friends. Well done. Good job. What's next on your agenda? Would love to follow it.

1. profile image0

Peace, lady.  My conversations are between me and whoever I'm talking to.  This is a friendly conversation, I'd point out.

You do not have to read.

I have no agenda, but apparently you do.  For someone as older and wiser...as you say you are, you do seem a little silly to me...or bitter. 

I'd just say I have no interest, and that is all.  wink  You needn't come in between this.  Evidently, you like drama.

2. tksensei profile image61

If the pattern persists, what is next would be dropping some insults then declaring the urgent need to go do something else like laundry.

29. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

I appreciate it Lisa, but you better don't feed the troll, she will eventually subside smile

30. blue dog profile image60
    blue dogposted 14 years ago

wow, lita.  i'd never figured you to be a troll.

now tk, on the other hand...

1. profile image0

Well, you're a nice guy, BD.  Can't imagine you following someone around and then when they don't seem interested in...I dunno (and I'm actually sorry, Misha), a certain type of flirtation...I, uh, guess...find excuses to use the B-word (for which evidently no one gets banned) and say other disparaging things. 

Not interested in that sorta thing...all I can say.

Besides, all the other trolls know I am really a man, wink.

1. jiberish profile image80
        jiberishposted 14 years agoin reply to this
        1. profile image0

It says:  Not interested.

The forums used to be 'fun' but at the same time more discussion oriented...and that's when I got a little addicted to them.  As of late, they have been ridiculous, nasty soap operas.  And I am not interested in that.  Sorry.

It's painfully obvious that you live to flatter yourself, but you are completely losing your grip on reality...

yikes...

... roll

1. blue dog profile image60
          blue dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

chin up, you mutt.  take it like a man.

I'm sure you take it all kinds of ways, Cheech. Go have another toke...

2. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh! now I see! It comes from far above. I misunderstood everything. Sorry !

1. profile image0
        wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

KEEP UP, Tantrum.  Stay with me, stay with me.  lol

1. tantrum profile image60

lol Im off to bed now.Good night wordscribe ! C U 2morrow ! smile

1. profile image0

Night!  smile

31. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

I wonder why people that are not interested in the forum keep coming back all the time.Maybe they are masochists. Who knows !

I must have missed the man story somewhere.  Hummm

Hi jiberish ! You haven't missed anything. big_smile

32. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

I must have missed it too, but who cares about trolls anyway? smile

I used to collect trolls, you know, the cute plastic trolls with the funny hair. I ought to dig them back out, they used to make me laugh.

1. Misha profile image63

May be i should try collecting them too smile

spammer troll whatever. you have over 9000 posts. just print out your picture you will be looking at the biggest troll on hubpages lol

1. blue dog profile image60

well said.

2. tantrum profile image60

lol I'm not talking about trolls, Oh!..Or maybe yes ? big_smile

1. Misha profile image63

I think you are. If it walks like a duck... smile

lol But it doesn't

1. Misha profile image63

I tend to think it does, but this is just my humble opinion of course - so proceed at your own risk lol

I didn't know I had to proceed. yikes  Doing what ? lol

1. Misha profile image63

You definitely don't have to. It's fully your choice either way - whether you want to talk to troll or not. Like any other choice, too. smile

3. profile image0

Peace, Misha.  My God.

Get over it, please.  I've said over and over I have no issue with you, have no interest 'fighting' with you.  I do have a right to be here, however.

Sorry.

33. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Man, whazzup with all the Lita attacks in here?  Seriously unprovoked...  She was just having a friendly conversation, MAN!!!

Who's talking about lita ? did I missed something ? yikes

2. blue dog profile image60

it's the hub-a-troll convention.  they forgot to bring tk.  it's certain, however, that he'll show up soon, yapping and pissing like the mongrel he is.

3. Misha profile image63

Laura, you might want to start here http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/21495?p … post362630 and read a dozen pages, paying attention to Lita and Girly_girl posts, this will explain the things.

And Lita, I am stopping right here, no more trolls from me - and from you I hope, too. smile

Night everybody, I am off to bed. smile

1. profile image0

This is YOUR misunderstanding of what was actually said. Among the trolls, Misha.  And it is also just ridiculous...  You misread so much...I don't even know how to begin.  Here, on this thread.  On the other...  I also like how you continue to try to turn people against me (my God, how silly), especially by the placement of where she should read.

And to take it so 'seriously.'  Just, please, please.  Just don't involve yourself....don't follow.  And peace.

Don't give other people credit for your own hard work.

1. profile image0

You are not a person.

Good luck with those antelopes, wink.

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Fallacy-of-Equal-Time

Look at all that laundry piling up!

1. profile image0

Correct.  I do not want to deal with you.  And if they have not banned you for calling more than one woman a 'bitch,' and doing all that you do by gaming the system, they never will.

I believe that.

There's the usual M.O.

2. profile image0

No worries, Lita.  I most certainly know how misunderstanding, things taken out of context, and missing certain posts works.  I've never found you to be anything like a "troll"...  I'm capable of making my own opinions of you.  I've always respected you, and still do.  smile

1. profile image0

Thank you!  Am I your fan yet?  smile

1. profile image0

I don't think so.  smile  Hope your night gets better...  sad

34. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

Some how I doubt some people on this thread would know how to use a washer.  Just a guess smile.

35. Pr0metheus profile image57
    Pr0metheusposted 14 years ago

Babies + Leashes = Awesome

36. profile image0
    Fountain of Infoposted 14 years ago

lol I actually have been seeing kids and leashes alot lately......its not a bad thing but its like ur treating a kid like an animal hah....i dont think i would put one on my kid though....if i ever have kids anyway lol still a lil too young for that LOL

Troll speaking:   How is being a great writer have to do with talking to trolls? LIta  writes on educated topics and really she should only be judged on her work not who she talks to.  Iam not a good writer far from that but lita is not only a good writer, shes brave and is not afraid to talk to anyone. Iam not a butlicker!! just the opposite, i just give credit when its due.  I get the troll thing now lol. criticism is apart of my art painting classes, i should have known they exist here to and misha should eat a little of it.....  lita thank you for at least giving a troll the chance to say something. I will make sure my kids are as good of writers as lita and more educated writers.  Keep them coming thanks again.

But....    Harness is a safe,fun,toy to have that's all folks.  P.S.  one thing i shall tell you god didn't make me look like a troll though. lol ( just sound like one.)   What can i do to work on my writing to improve it? My husband told me to just quit.  i love hub pages some of you guys are just so cool and interesting to read. If anyone is ever in NY ill take you out for sushi in exchange for some writing tips.  I do love to talk as you can see, and Iam very honest.    Lita your next hub can be called:   Writing ideas for trolls, baby step to witting, or how can my child write better.  just kidding  your troll Anna.       My husband wants my id to be a troll, i think after all this ill do it.     all my love to all.       Ok last thing......   Can sushi be the serpent illuminate genus. Please.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)