Trouble Getting Hub Published.

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Jodah profile image92
    Jodahposted 8 years ago

I recently wrote a hub celebrating the end of 2015 and the beginning of the New Year. I finished writing and tried to publish it on 30th December, so it would be out there in time for New Year but unfortunately it was unpublished immediately due to "duplication" as it said much of it was similar to what was on other sites (this was mostly events that occurred during 2015). I subsequently delegated the entire section that could be seen as duplicate and added totally new material but now am waiting and waiting for it to be moderated. I suppose it is because HP staff are taking a holiday break, but I hope it passes publication soon or it will be old hat before anyone gets to read it.

1. erorantes profile image49
      erorantesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I am looking forward reading your hub. The new year 2016 is full of joy. It will be great to see a hub of celebration of the beginning of the year. Any day is good from now until the new Holiday. I am sure; you have plenty of time to show your new year hub. Congratulations in advance to you.

1. Jodah profile image92
        Jodahposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thank you error antes for your positive comment. It should be published soon and I look forward to you reading it. In its original form it was depressing, now very positive.

2. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps, you could keep it, work on it and have it perfected for next year? The trouble with time-centric articles is that they quickly become 'old'. It's better to work on evergreen topics for HP and restrict current ideas to a personal blog.

If there is a glut of similar information out there, maybe you are writing about the wrong things?

1. Jodah profile image92

I totally changed the hub so there isn't a glut of that information anymore. It is much different to any other article you will find.

1. Jodah profile image92

Thanks for the advice though theraggededge. If it doesn't pass the next review I will post on my personal website or work on it and publish as a hub next year.

3. clivewilliams profile image72
      clivewilliamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

publish it on your own blog

1. Jodah profile image92

Maybe Clive if it isn't published soon.

4. Jackie Lynnley profile image85
      Jackie Lynnleyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I came to read your hub and saw it was unpublished so was afraid to publish one myself because I saw others unpublished too. Seeing what you said though I understand and I believe what I would have done is choose a similar but different title (in a new hub) and it would probably go right through as has happened with me. I am not too good at waiting for my work to be judged OK. lol
      Good luck whatever you decide.

1. Jodah profile image92

Jackie thanks for trying to check out my hub. It is only my own impatience that prompted me to write this forum post. I am sure it will have no trouble passing now (touch wood) but it's just a matter of HP staff getting around to it. This time of year is always tricky.

5. Venkatachari M profile image84
      Venkatachari Mposted 8 years agoin reply to this

John, I think you were in a bit too much hurry in publishing it. You had time for another full one day there before the year ended. You know, there is too much difference  in your clock  and US clock. So, you had enough time to do in a peaceful mood and publish. You know, I also was in hurry to get published my hub on Consumer Surplus so as to get it published in the date of 31/12/2015. My last hub was on 30/9/2015. But, I got it as well as I can (though it was short of one image) and published at 11:30 IST on 1/1/2016 which is still the night of 31st for US.

1. Jodah profile image92

Yes Venkat, I should have just taken my time and not rushed, but the hub took me two days to write. I was counting on Australia being a day ahead to give myself more time but didn't factor in having the hub not be accepted for publication and having to change it. Your hub about Consumer Surplus turned out well anyway.

6. Jodah profile image92

Ok, the good news is that my hub has now passed the test and been accepted for publication. Thanks to everyone who replied. If anyone is interested it is called "Goodbye 2015: Happy New Year 2016(Make It the Best Year Ever). Cheers.

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
        Phyllis Doyleposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Spot on, Mate!  I knew you would pull it off. Congratulations and a blessed New Year to you and yours.

7. bravewarrior profile image87
      bravewarriorposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I was looking forward to reading it, but when I clicked on the link it said it was no longer published. I even waited a few hours and tried again, thinking maybe you were editing it. I was quite disappointed when I tried again and got the same result.

I don't understand HP's thinking. The are many posts in the Internet that re-cap the passing year. Why shouldn't Hubbers be allowed to participate and provide their own perspective? Makes no sense.

1. Jodah profile image92

I agree Shauna I feel the "no duplication" rule goes a little far at times, but never mind, it is published now, though some people who said they attempted to read it and it said "no longer" published" haven't seen the hub yet. I wish HP would renotify others when this happens.

1. bravewarrior profile image87
          bravewarriorposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I agree. If it weren't for this forum post I wouldn't have known it was published.

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
    Phyllis Doyleposted 8 years ago

Sometimes, Jodah, I think this "duplication" thing goes too far. I mean, there are only so many ways one can word their own article about similar topics. The internet is so full of online writers now that it is difficult to be original, even though we are. It is a frustrating business, for sure.

I am waiting for an approval/advice on a different issue and will have to wait till staff is back from holiday. Good luck on your new hub. Knowing you and your writing skills and creativity, you will be just fine and publish yet another great hub.  Chin up.

1. Jodah profile image92

Thanks for replying Phyllis. Yes I think it goes a little too far, but I can understand it.it is sometimes impossible to present totally new information but if you can do it in a new and original what that should count. Anyway I appreciate your encouragement and I am sure it will be published in a day or so. It is my fault for not writing it a little sooner.

3. Missy Smith profile image79
    Missy Smithposted 8 years ago

I wanted to read it, but it said it had been unpublished. I'm glad you are still going to publish it here. I hope it goes through. You know I'm going to read it no matter the time frame it shows up in. smile

1. Jodah profile image92

Missy, it was unpublished oh in minut of me hitting "publish". Unfortunately that means that when it is approved no one will receive email notification so I will have to share it manually on my feed. Thanks for your constant support.

4. Sherry Hewins profile image93
    Sherry Hewinsposted 8 years ago

The only time I ever got the "duplicate content" error was when it was actually duplicate content.  A good portion of it was from an article I had published on another website that I mistakenly thought I had deleted.  Are you sure it wasn't something like that?

1. Jodah profile image92

No Sherry, I know what the problem was. I had a long list of events that had occurred during the year which I had found on various news sites, but the same events were available elsewhere though not in the same words and all in the one place. I have since taken a whole different approach to the content and the hub is now much more original.

5. Protasker profile image84
    Protaskerposted 8 years ago

YES! Hubpages has a real problem with "duplicate" content after all how much can one person possibly write on a recipe hub? Seriously a recipe is a recipe, are we supposed to change the recipe because it's the same some place else?? HOW DOES THAT WORK?!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)