Topics That Turned Out To Be More Controversial Than You Expected

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (68 posts)
  1. Kylyssa profile image91
    Kylyssaposted 9 years ago

Have you ever written on a topic you had no idea was controversial only to look at your comment notifications one day to discover a storm of angry, possibly foul comments?  Or have you written about something you thought was mildly controversial in a 'less filling' vs. 'tastes great' kind of way only to find out it is wacky-crazy controversial to some people?

I definitely have.  I thought there was nothing controversial about homelessness.  You know, people lose their jobs or come back from war mangled or whatever and don't have homes anymore and that sucks; what could be controversial about that?  Then I got a piece of hate mail nasty enough to make me wonder if they'd meant to post on one of my atheism-related editorials until I got to the word homeless. 

Speaking of atheism, I hadn't realized how controversial it was until I got my first death threat about a week after posting an editorial that basically said I think life is still worth living even if there's no afterlife.  I knew people found the topic controversial but I hadn't realized it was still foaming-at-the-mouth controversial for some people.

Have you ever experienced anything similar?

1. Say Yes To Life profile image81
      Say Yes To Lifeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hate mail?  How outrageous!  I was about to ask you what your secret was, but decided not to when I reached that part.

A few years back, on a teacher's forum, I wrote about an experience I had, and it unleashed a flurry of hostile responses.  What happened was this:  I was subbing for a 7th grade class, and I told them an anti-drug story.  At the end of the day, the principal called me into her office and said she was cringing, wondering what to tell their parents.  I couldn't understand why, since I'd been telling students that story for years.  I decided to stop telling that story, and I deleted it from that site.

I'd tell you the story here, but I'm afraid of the same reaction.

2. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to the club.  I have received many hateful comments which I have deleted on my hubs on the detriments of large families.

1. Lionrhod profile image78
        Lionrhodposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Well I'm one of 3 kids. In the old days that was a small family, now it's a big one?

I do feel that it is hubris to consider having more than 3 kids. How are you going to feed them all and send them to college? What if your financial situation changes?

My sister has 4 children, 2 from an abusive first marriage an 2 from her present healthy one. My brother has no bio kids but adopted his wife's two. Great kids and this week I'm going to the eldest's wedding.

Me? Zero human children. Two cats, three dogs.

If you're getting hate mail from people with too many kids, they need to sit back and consider how their breeding affects the planet.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
          gmwilliamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You should have seen the comments, several of such people who grew up struggling/impoverished, go into attack mode.  They admit being socioeconomically deprived w/o little opportunities.  These are people who come from large families(6 or more children per family).  They proclaim how"happy" they are, it seems that they are in denial.  They indicated how they had to go w/o even the rudiments.  They admit what I have written yet they state how "happy" they are.  However, there are the smart ones who admitted how spot on I was.  One even stated that what I have written was rosy and that large family life is MUCH WORSE than what I have described.

You are right.  Most parents of large families really do not care about the ramifications of their acts upon their children. They WANT a large family, they do not care if their children are impoverished, without the bare rudiments.  They do not care if their children have inferior food, clothing, and no medical care.  They do not care if their children are educated.  OH NO, ALL THEY CARE about is GIVING BIRTH to children and after that, well, if they swim, fine; if they sink, oh so what!

2. gmwilliams profile image85
          gmwilliamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Exactly, they KNOW that their lifestyle is totally aberrant.  However, instead of analyzing how their familial situation is detrimental to them, they go INTO ATTACK MODE, habitually attacking those from small families.  They always "proclaim" that although they grew up in poverty, they had "relationships".  How CLUELESS can those from large families be.........having very little monies for necessities, doing constantly without, no privacy, living on top of each other, not having cultural/intellectual paraphernalia nor activities because of lack of monies, no medical care, inferior food, castoff clothing, etc.   There are many people who rationalize the worst situations, they KNOW THAT SUCH SITUATIONS ARE ABNORMAL BUT NEVERTHELESS THEY PERSIST IN THEIR PATHOLOGIES.

1. shewins profile image75
            shewinsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

This comment seems kind of hateful to me. You complain about people being hateful to you, but you are being very judgmental and hateful to them.

Not hateful but a truthful assessment!

1. shewins profile image75
                shewinsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

If you call people aberrant and attribute negative motivations to them, and accuse them of not caring about their children, they may tend to fight back.

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/8309104.png

2. willmcwryter profile image55
              willmcwryterposted 8 years agoin reply to this

wow it is a controversy already.  you go girl!

2. Kylyssa profile image91
        Kylyssaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Well, I've been in the club for about ten years. I was just curious as to what topics have surprised others.

Wow, I wouldn't have thought writing about family size would be that controversial.

3. LindaSarhan profile image90
      LindaSarhanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I received hateful, childish comments on one of my Halloween articles, just because he disagreed even though I cited official sources. The other hubber then took the hatefulness to the forum just because I deleted the immature behavior from the Hub.

The next one was on a state-by-state guide when leaving your kids home alone.

Of course, being an Islamic writer, it has given me a few hate mails but none so much as my recent one on Islamophobia.

I also remember about 15 years ago, when someone asked me, "So what do you do?" and I reply, "I am a stay-at-home mom" they would get a look and tone of disapproval and disgust. But if I replied, "I am a work-at-home mom" all of a sudden it was met with approval and interest, Go figure.

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Personally, I think things have gone too far when it comes to trying to censor the thoughts and feelings of others.  These days I think many people keep their true feelings to themselves because if they don't others "gang up" on them and try to beat them back psychologically.

I have seen it here as well as in other places, and I certainly don't like it.

We all should feel free to express ourselves without fear of retribution, but apparently that just is not the way it is.  ....and I thought this was America....land of free speech!

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

There is a cliche that goes like this: There are two subjects that I don't discuss and that is politics and religion.  People say this for a reason

1. CatherineGiordano profile image78
      CatherineGiordanoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Actually, I think politics and religion are the two most important things to talk about.  Once you  know a person's religious and political beliefs you know everything about them.  IMHO, of course

However, I agree with you that it is inappropriate in certain situations.

I totally agree!

2. LindaSarhan profile image90
        LindaSarhanposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It always amazes me when most of the world's religions teach peace but some people who say they follow said religion exhibit hateful and disrespectful behavior that contradicts the beliefs they claim to be affiliated with. People need to learn to be more respectful of others' religious beliefs; disagree if you like, but do so in a respectful manner. I would never be disrespectful to another person's religious views. I don't have to agree, but I refuse to disrespect them, if you know what I mean.

3. kerbev profile image83
    kerbevposted 9 years ago

Those are two big social issues I would expect a lot of opinions about.  I don't usually get into such serious issues, but I've been surprised by a silly page I wrote as a joke after a forum discussion.  People have a lot of opinions about the word "mathematics" and it's form of speech!

I've seen "less versus fewer" discussions that might have come to blows had they been in person.  I think grammar issues build and build and build until a misplaced 'their' falls directly on a spot a 'there' should have landed on, priming the semantics bomb to explode on the next irritating contact.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image60

You aren't alone but I have a topic that gets the sparks flying as well.

5. wordswithlove profile image68
    wordswithloveposted 9 years ago

I don't understand what on earth could be remotely controversial about homelessness (unless you were taking a stand that might be considered too affluent to be sensitive by those truly homeless, and I doubt that you were), so clearly something was either misunderstood or misinterpreted in some narrow way.
    I am not surprised by controversy regarding anything atheism related, though. America is a very religious country and any atheism or agnosticism stated openly is usually regarded with the sort of responses you mentioned, especially on platforms that expose your views to a large number of very religious people.
    I am sorry you encountered the reactions that show exactly how narrow-minded some people can be, sometimes even in the name of the virtue of tolerance!

6. Dean Traylor profile image94
    Dean Traylorposted 9 years ago

An article on facilitated communication brought me one hate mail. By far, my articles on climate change, climate change denialists,creationism, or the shroud of Turin have generated more hate mail than anything else; however, the facilitated communication was the most curious one.
    As a special education teacher, I am very skeptical of any program or system that claims it can "open up" the world of the non-verbal autistic student. To make a long story short (or I'll have to re-post the article in the future), it is a very sophisticated Ouija board in which the facilitator helps the student communicate their "thoughts"  (uh-huh).
    Anyway a facilitator didn't like my critique (which as actually consisted  of quotes from researchers on the topic) and threatened to contact his organization in order to flood me with e-mails. It never happened.

That sounds like a fascinating article.

I wouldn't have thought those topics all that controversial, either, except maybe the Shroud of Turin.  I was surprised by how intensely people reacted to my editorials on vaccination.

7. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Sometimes Controversy is brought on by I don't want to deal with it  because I prefer to keep my head in the sand or live in fairytale land.  Homelessness is a big one.  Look at what cities are doing. They are banning those who try to help them, feed them.  Benches with spikes to stop them from sleeping on them.  People want to believe that the homeless are nothing but bums and drug addicts.  In reality, they are your sister, your brother, you neighbor, a local attorney, etc, etc.

I think every politician, local and those in Washington should have to live the life of a homeless person for a month.  Maybe then, something would be done.

LindaSmith1 for president!

I think you are right.  I think people must demonize homeless people because they have to believe homeless individuals possess some common quality they don't have so they can feel safe from the possibility of losing their own homes.

There's even a phenomenon of angry homed people attacking homeless people for having things like data phones, laptops, or tablet PCs. 

I admit I cringe every time I see something with homeless in the subject line in my inbox.  Some of the emails and messages are triggering but the other ones, the ones from people who say I changed their minds or that they've decided to help people because of something I wrote make it worthwhile.  I still don't open anything that might be nasty until I've had my morning caffeine and have a cute cat in my lap.

8. Lionrhod profile image78
    Lionrhodposted 9 years ago

I find it very sad that an article on homelessness could lead to hate mail.

I've been homeless or close as the result of a house fire. I've at many times in my life wondered how I'd make it through my the next week and feed myself and my family. Some of that is recent, inspired by the fact that we had to return to FL to deal with Mom-in-law's Alzheimer's and are still working to get rid of her corrupt legal guardian.

In the past I worked with Food Not Bombs, a local grassroots group dedicated to feeding the homeless.

The city of Orlando, FL has done all they could to drive homeless people and those who try to help out of the city.

At this point it's illegal to feed more than 3 people.

Yes you can get arrested/fined for that, and some of the local FNB folks have spent time in jail because of it.

The other day I was talking with a friend who suggested that if Disney doesn't want their visitors to see homeless folks on the streets of Orlando, they have a very simple solution:

Build a shelter and soup kitchen near Disney, provide anyone  who wants it a job. (They always need folks to sweep, clean and man the food shops. They might even find greater talent.) Offer busing from the shelter to the job location.

The majority of homeless folks did not choose and do not WANT to be homeless.

9. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Exactly!!!

10. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Lionrhod:  LOL!!!!

11. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 9 years ago

I have had some hubs that surprised me with many angry hateful comments in the past. Now I approve them before posting. hmm

12. JTRyder profile image60
    JTRyderposted 9 years ago

I did an article about local comedians once and titled it, "So A Dyslexic Walks into A Bra." I received sooo much hate mail. I couldn't read it, but there was a lot.

13. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 8 years ago

I once made a statement of opinion to someone here (it was something along the lines of "You aren't making much money") and that person has now spent several years insisting deep, secret personal information about them was revealed to the public and they have been waging a desperate campaign of passive-aggression ever since.

I'm pretty sure this person has zero comprehension of the hilarity I derive from their continued investment.

1. Will Apse profile image90
      Will Apseposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That breach of trust, with all the offence that it caused, is a source of hilarity?

Depressing.

1. relache profile image72
        relacheposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Where are you inventing breach of trust?  That's even more hilarious.

Kylyssaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I think he's referring to how you disclosed another hubber's earnings in an attempt to discredit her comments in the forum sometime around a year ago.

In the business world, if one is entrusted with any financial information about an individual, one is expected to not share that information unless given permission. When a business entrusted with financial information shares it without permission, it's a breach of trust. You are a business that was trusted with the hubber's financial information and used it to be rude to her in the forum instead of honoring your obligation to not share it.

Additionally, discussing HubPages income publicly is against HubPages TOS and you were provided the information strictly for your own business use. It's also considered rude in most human societies to say things that mean, look, this person makes less money than I do, therefore her voice is worthless.

You could have countered her comments by discrediting the comments themselves rather than by trying to discredit their author. You chose to discredit yourself instead. I don't imagine any client would trust you to sign a NDNC if he or she knew about it.

I wouldn't couch it in business terms but it was certainly a breach of trust on a human level.

To bring it up again after all this time in a further attempt to ridicule and belittle the person concerned is pretty hard to swallow.

14. Barbara Kay profile image74
    Barbara Kayposted 8 years ago

If you've got a topic that everyone wants to argue about, you know you're going to get big traffic numbers for it. Ignore hateful comments and delete them. Just enjoy all of the traffic.

EXACTLY!
      http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12801753.jpg

15. willmcwryter profile image55
    willmcwryterposted 8 years ago

where do i find out how much money others people make.  is there a level above featured author that gives you secret inside information?

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
      DrMark1961posted 8 years agoin reply to this

You do not have enough accolades yet. The rest of us all know how much you make though!

1. willmcwryter profile image55

ok i think your just pulling the chain of the new guy i get it man.  the real reason why relach knows how much paradimsearch makes is because they used to be married and since their divorce they like to fight on the forums.  i read paradimsearches forum history and he has a whole thread called relach is fun to play with. it must have been written back when they were married. and he posts about relach allot.  i am a romance story writer and somewhat of an expert in the matters of the heart if i do say so myself. its tough to get over an exwife.

i can write a romantic short story about those two to help mend there broken hearts.

1. theraggededge profile image97
          theraggededgeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Aw... sorry to hear that. How long were you married?

Or, rather, how many times?

2. Will Apse profile image90

The only people who know what you earn are:

Yourself
      The staff
      The person whose referral tracker you signed up through, if you signed up through one of those.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Actually, there is a website out there that reveals all. Leastwise until the subdomain switch. Like for me to tell you what you made?

2. willmcwryter profile image55

wow so if i sign up through dr marks referral scheme he can see all the stuff in my account?  does he get the password to my account to see my earnings or does he have a separat account page that he can see everything that i make?  i guess ineed to trick paradimsearch into clicking my referral link so i can see what he makes.  it must be allot to be so controversial

No, that won´t work; at best they will only provide you with an estimate. If you really want to know you need to work on your ESP skills, or buckle down and get more accolades.

2. Will Apse profile image90

You remind me of someone, but I can't quite work out who...

DasEngal?

Surely not?

Don't call me Surely!

2. Solaras profile image95
                Solarasposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Definitely

16. DzyMsLizzy profile image84
    DzyMsLizzyposted 8 years ago

Hmm...well, no.  I have had some angry comments on a couple of hubs that I did not think were controversial in the least.  A couple rated being deleted.

That said, the one truly controversial hub I have written, I have to admit to having taken the rather cowardly step of disabling comments, as I did not and do no have the appetite to get engaged in a flame war.  sad

17. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 8 years ago

Ya know... Maybe I should write a lab rat hub...

18. makingamark profile image70
    makingamarkposted 8 years ago

The whole "controversial issue" thing for me just spells out one more reason why it's so much better writing on your own sites. For some reason those who love controversy always hang out in community forums.

The other thing I don't understand about this post is whether people are publishing comments or not. Or just getting upset about the comments they received

Moderation is for getting rid of spammers and those who hate.  One thing I do know if you get an antisocial comment on a blog post or article and publish it, this is like an invitation to the other "haters" to turn up.

I've got a policy on comments and how to moderate them which I got from somebody else ten years ago. It's called the "Living Room Doctrine". Hate comments never ever see the light of day on anything I publish.

"I consider my blog to be a virtual extension of my living space. As such, any comments that I would find threatening or offensive if said to me in person in my living room will be deleted. It’s fine to disagree with me (I allow that in my living room). Not fine is unbridled hostility, name calling, etc., either towards me or towards other commenters.
    LIVING ROOM DOCTRINE

Hence if it's something that can be said to my face in the comfort of my own home then it get's posted. If it's something that is wholly wrong in terms of content or it might be correct in factual terms but it's being said in language which is wholly inappropriate then it doesn't get published.

It's worked for me for the last 10 years and I strongly recommend this approach to others.

1. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 8 years agoin reply to this

1+++

1. makingamark profile image70
        makingamarkposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thank you - it's a doctrine I try to promote any time I get a chance! smile It's always seemed to me eminently sensible.

The fact we're on the internet and not sitting in the same room seems to some people to suggest that they can behave like verbal hooligans - and they can't on my patch! smile

2. Dreamworker profile image85
        Dreamworkerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely.  That's why we have delete and report buttons!

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image84
      DzyMsLizzyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Excellent policy!

19. makingamark profile image70
    makingamarkposted 8 years ago

P.S. The controversial topics in art are (believe it or not)
    1) drawing from photographs and
    2) interpretation of copyright

Kylyssaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Now that's fascinating. I think people would eat up a editorials about either controversy.

20. mactavers profile image91
    mactaversposted 8 years ago

My most frustrating Hub was What Makes a Chili Pepper Hot?  Because the word hot and measuring heat appeared many times, I got a message that the content was not appropriate for Hub viewers and needed to be deleted. I bugged the powers that be for several days, before I could actually get any person rather than a computer to read it.  They took the ban off and the Hub has had a number of views, but how funny is that!

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image84

I don't have a problem with censorship of rudeness, hate or attack speech, as that is uncalled for in a civilized nation...or one that likes to think it  is civilized. Such language tends to incite violence..just look at the news.

HOWever, when it comes to discussion of natural functions, and the bodies in which we all reside, I cannot think of anything more stupid than censorship, and banning 'certain' words because they might be taken in a double-entendre sense.

Time for everyone to grow up about this kind of thing.  This IS a writing site for adults, and it does not allow outright porn, which is fine...so "children might see it by accident."  So what? 

They're going to grow up into the same bodies adults have, and the younger they learn, and become comfortable with that, and with understanding how said bodies function, the better.  It will eliminate the "mystery."  For anytime something is "taboo," it just becomes all the more interesting and desirable...witness the failure of Prohibition in the early 20th century..

If any parent is so hidebound and terrified of their children accidentally seeing a word that names a body part, or, horrors an actual photo of such a part in an educational piece, I feel sorry for both them and their children.  From the time my kids were young, I always maintained that if they "saw" something by accident on TV or wherever, I'd much rather they see people making love than blood guts, gore and shooting each other .

But in the end, it's the job of the parents to monitor what their kids are up to, and not up to the rest of the world to walk on eggshells because some people are paranoid.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I agree, BUT we've had this conversation before, and you should remember that it is not HubPages you should be complaining to - it's Google.

Even with its own Earnings Program, HubPages is still very heavily dependent on Adsense for its income.   Other writing sites have had their Adsense accounts suspended for inappropriate content in the past, and HubPages can't take the risk of it happening to them - so you can't blame them for taking Adsense's somewhat vague rules and interpret them in the strictest way possible.

You will certainly see blogs with Adsense that are discussing "taboo" subjects - they are individuals who have decided they're willing to take the risk.  We can do that on our own sites - HubPages is entitled to be more careful with something that has such vital importance to it.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image84

I guess, in a roundabout way,  I am attempting to address Google....

1. makingamark profile image70
            makingamarkposted 8 years agoin reply to this

...but Google doesn't like HubPages!

If you want to address Google - go post your views on Facebook. I've found from experience they do seem to monitor what's said there about Google! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)