The Trump Presidency

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (56 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8475682.jpg
    Do you believe that the Trump Presidency will eventually............EXPLODE.......or......IMPLODE?  Why?  Why not?

1. profile image0
      promisemposted 7 years agoin reply to this

He will happily resign within the next 12-18 months to "save" his business empire.

Otherwise, he will be impeached for any number of reasons including conflicts of interest and the emolument clause of the Constitution.

Republican members are already starting down that path by openingly criticizing him more and more. It won't be the Democrats who get him out of the White House. It will be the GOP establishment.

They need to get him out at least six months before the next congressional elections.

1. Ken Burgess profile image76
        Ken Burgessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

2010 Elections: Why Have the Democrats Lost Popular Support?

I just read that article, and a couple others relating to that loss.  Based on what I was reading, they didn't really understand why they lost then, and the delusions of why they lost to Trump now, are even worse.

I can understand that "the left" wants to support immigration, wants to support the ACA, wants to support "free trade".  But its not just that they support these issues that ARE OVERWHELMINGLY unpopular with the MAJORITY of Americans right now... it is HOW they are supporting them.

The Democrats by being hysterical, outright obstructionists, belligerent name callers (and I am talking about the politicians here, not the protestors) are turning off people who WANT to support them... never mind those middle-of-the-road Americans (again, the majority) that just want Washington to go to work getting things done, and to stop whining and complaining and making excuses.

Trump MIGHT have been facing some extreme criticism from voters... he MIGHT have been on a short leash... but between the Democrat's own actions, and the media's ignorant and obvious bias against him, they have only garnered him more support than ever.

That you don't see it, is somewhat of a surprise, because I know you to be fairly open-minded when it comes to at least seeing the facts for what they are.  And right now, if elections were held next week... the Democrats would be getting flushed out of more than half the seats that are up in 2018. Easy.

1. profile image0

Despite claims to the contrary, the election polls were accurate. Yes, they showed Hillary winning by an easy margin, but only until Comey came out with his last-minute letter about her email server. Then the polls showed a dead heat.

Gallup's daily poll showed an even split between supporters and opponents after the election. Then his approval crashed:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/201617/gallu … roval.aspx

If the election were held today, I strongly suspect he wouldn't win. He also would drag some Republicans down with him in marginal states and districts.

I would say that your description of extremist Democrats applies just as well as to extremist Republicans.

Regarding the media, there is no denying what Trump says on camera. He is his own worst enemy.

Trump is milder in tone and rhetoric now than when he was running... you know when 60+ million people voted for him.  So I don't think any of those 60 million are any more concerned about it now than they were then.

What I do think.... is plenty of people see him trying to do what he promised to do when he ran... and what they also see is the media, politicians, and rioters throwing fits, tantrums, name calling, and threatening his life.

Go back to 2008, even when ACA was being rammed down their throats, the Reps didn't threaten to assassinate the President or blow up the White House... they didn't labels... its interesting how Bush, McCain, Romney and Trump are all the next Hitler, all racist and sexist pigs when they are running for President or when they become President... just amazing how that works, year in and year out, one Republican after another, and the people screaming those accusations get ever more hysterical the more people tune them out... to the point where they are screaming for Impeachment and labeling his Secretaries White Supremacists and Communists and you name it.

I think it is the hysteria, the threats, the efforts to oppose him at every step on every issue in every way, that is getting people's attention.  Those who are not still hypnotized into believing mainstream media's every word, those who have become disillusioned and even distrustful of both the Dems and the media... are more turned off than ever by the Dems.

You take away CA and NY, and the Washington belt area, and Trump resoundingly won the election... any Dem up for re-election in 2018, as it stands right now, not hailing from those areas, is likely to get pummeled.

1. RJ Schwartz profile image88
              RJ Schwartzposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Trump's approval rating was 53% today and rising - other than the political class and bureaucracy, many Americans are watching and waiting before passing judgment on his Presidency.  The number of companies bringing jobs are what will ultimately define success or failure at the end of the day. The hysteria around impeaching the man for something petty will only serve to telegraph to America just how partisan the democrats are and I suspect it will lead to further erosion of their party.

Exactly right on the last sentence.

As for the polls.  Polls mean nothing... they will come up with whatever number that suits their interests, from whatever poll they need to use.

Do you know that most polls are based on a mere few hundred people... and that is supposedly going to give you an accurate account?  Its a joke.

2. crankalicious profile image88
                crankaliciousposted 7 years agoin reply to this

No, Ken. Polls are not a joke just because they're based on a few hundred people. It's called math and it does work. It's just that a poll has a margin of error that people don't pay much attention to. Trump's possible victory was predicted within most polls margin of error. It's just that most people don't bother to understand it nor does the media report on it.

And Trump's possible impeachment is not based on something minor. It's based on a violation of the Constitution - the emoluments clause, to be exact. Presumably, people care about the Constitution. Not understanding the Constitution is a different story.

1. RJ Schwartz profile image88
                  RJ Schwartzposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Keep working that angle - waste of your time, but if it makes you feel good then keep working it.  The Emoluments Clause is not suited to address ethical issues involving Trump's business empire - AND - it's never been tested in the court system, nor has the Supreme Court ever ruled on it.  Maybe you should do a little more in-depth research instead of just repeating the talking points of others.

1. crankalicious profile image88

Wrong.

2. profile image0

Trump's disapproval rating is 54% and climbing. His approval rating is 42%, according to Gallup, the largest and most respected polling company in the world.

If polls mean nothing, then why do we have them?

One more question: Is it right for the President of the United States to launch a public attack on Kohl's department store simply because it decided to stop distributing his daughter's clothing line?

I don't care about him launching an attack on Kohl's, I don't care if he says there are 3 million illegal/dead/false votes and after its investigated there are only 300,000 that they can find.
                You may care... the MEDIA may care.... myself and everyone like me, we only care about things like the HUGE increase in healthcare costs we have been stuck with, Jobs, wages, less taxes not more taxes.
                That's it, we don't give a crap if he is saying Putin is a hero, and Iran is full of aholes, we don't care if he calls someone an idiot or loser... we... don't... care.  Jobs. Taxes. healthcare.
                Or as someone else put it... "Its the economy, stupid."
                Its that simple... if the Democrats had never passed/created Obamacare, they would still be in power today... despite the immigration issues, the terrorist attacks, the slow/no wage growth... the ACA was the final straw for millions of Americans back in 2010, and it is much moreso now.
                You said elsewhere that the Comey announcement did Hillary in, that was not at all what did her in, it didn't help her, but that came a day or two AFTER they announced the HUGE cost increases in Obamacare.  That is what did Hillary in.
                I know there was more than one person on the fence about who they were voting for (not liking either of them) until that news came out... that flipped two people I know personally from Hillary to one no-vote and one Trump vote... that one announcement, just days before the election.

1. crankalicious profile image88

Understandable. Jobs are important. The economy is important. I do think it's weird that President Obama turned the economy around and yet, that somehow wasn't good enough.

That said, didn't you vote for Trump because you believed Hillary Clinton was in the pocket of Wall St.? And now the cabinet is full of Goldman Sachs execs and he's repealing Dodd-Frank thereby allowing Wall St. to run amok once again and destroy the economy.

Didn't you vote for Trump because you felt the Clinton Foundation was a play for pay scheme? And now Trump is taking payments from foreign governments and personally profiting from them through his businesses.

Didn't you vote for Trump because... Benghazi! And now Trump's first raid, conducted without adequate intelligence, leads to the death of an American serviceman?

Didn't you vote for Trump because he was going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it and now he's announced that it's really the American people who will pay for it through higher prices as a result of the tariffs he's going to impose?

I could go on and on.

1. Credence2 profile image78
                    Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Republicans and conservatives lie like rugs, twisting the truth into whatever form is convenient. In the Age of Trump, this is the world as described as alternate facts. Taking the lead from their fearless leader, Donald J. Trump, he has a petty and cowardly style.Regardless of what they say, he is a narcissistic toddler that does not even know how to act Presidential, let alone grasp the true extent of the job.

But in time, we on the left will wait for him to trip up and we know that it is just a matter of time.... meanwhile we will have to negotiate ourselves through our newest dark age. Trump himself may be focus of 1960s style activism redux. This current generation may well surprise me. Hope springs eternal.

2. GA Anderson profile image88
                    GA Andersonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hello Crankalicious, your red avatar suits you considering the facts you are waving around.

Available information says Pres. Trump's cabinet has one Goldman Sachs partner and one former banker. Two out of twenty-four is hardly "full of." Does that affect your opinion?

Regarding Dodd-Frank, there is no current repeal effort. There is a report request, and he has announced his intention to modify or repeal some aspects of it, but that doesn't add-up to repealing the Act. Of course some modifications could achieve the same effect as a repeal, (and the same damage), but we don't know that yet, so your declaration that he is going to repeal the act is just more rhetoric.

You told RJ that you weren't just repeating 'talking points', but if I found, (and compared), just these two discrepancies in only a few minutes, surely you would have too if you had looked.

ps. Your condemnation of lethal ineptitude concerning the Yemen raid is the most desperate of your facts. Take a look at this CNN/Politics article which chronicles the timeline of decisions made, and actions taken; and just smashes your credibility on the issue. It is true that Pres. Trump authorized the go-ahead for a Pres. Obama planned  raid, but your use of that fact turns it into an alternative-fact - "It was Trump's raid from the start."

GA

3. Ken Burgess profile image76

Crank... everything you wrote "didn't you vote for Trump because of'"

No...Those things had a small influence.  At best.

The issues were Obamacare, Jobs/wages (trade agreements, taxes, etc.)  and everything else was a distant second.

It didn't help that Clinton had flip flopped on every issue over the past 30 years, it didn't help that she was obviously a shill for the Saudis and China and you name it, or that she said Wall St. was the problem while taking millions from them to speak... and when she spoke she openly told them she had a private position, and a public position, on issues.

Yes, she had even more baggage, and was even a worse candidate than Trump... when a person running for President starts calling Americans a bunch of "deplorables" and "irredeemable" she isn't helping win them over any... but the issues people cared about revolved around the economy.  What got them out to vote was how they had been impacted the past, 10, 12, 15 years.

Michael Moore said it best... in a 5 minute spiel that went viral ...where in an effort to maybe mock the people who supported Trump, and their suffering, he instead hit the nail on the head as to why people supported him then, and without question would still do so now.

Trump was the ANTI-ESTABLISHMENT candidate... he won on that... and he won on what he was saying about economic issues... about the Trade agreements, about Obamacare, and second to that comes the stances on terrorism, immigration, and everything else.

People were tired of getting screwed over by lying politicians, and still are... and all they see the Democrats doing right now is obstructing Trump from getting things done, the very things they voted him in there to do... they see them calling names, throwing fits, they see protestors calling for him to be assassinated and attacking others... the media has been on a non-stop Trump sucks and everything he does is bad roll for months... and all of this combined is going to get him (and the Republicans) more support in 2018, not less.

2. profile image0

You don't care that he is using his office to profit himself and his family members?

Does it matter to you that Obama is worth hundreds of millions now?
                    Does it matter to you that Clinton is worth hundreds of millions now?
                    Trump is a businessman, we know how he got his fortune... how did the Clintons and Obamas become worth so much, they are just politicians?

2. Credence2 profile image78
                    Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Seems a pretty concept to me, quite straight forward. how obtuse do you have to be the miss the point? This Trump fellow is accumulating errors in his program by the day. Good to see the 'high and mighty' brought down a peg or two.

2. WandaSears profile image59
        WandaSearsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I also believe he will resign to save himself.  Perhaps notably, with the new information on the Flynn phone call to Putin, impeachment may come before he resigns.

2. Sychophantastic profile image86
      Sychophantasticposted 7 years agoin reply to this

President Trump is carrying out the will of the people. We want illegal immigration to stop. We want to drain the swamp. We want jobs. We don't want any more Bowling Greens.

Never forget!

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
        Paul Wingertposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"President Trump" - LMAO Good one! Carrying out the will of the people? Like what? Within hours of taking the oath, he screwed over low income home buyers, then attacked environment protection policies including ravaging anything to do with global warming, then the orange man-baby wants to waste time and money into voter fraud investigations to prove what? All while embarrassing the crap out of this country! Then the Twitter crybaby tops off the week by imposing a travel ban on 7 Muslim countries leaving out Saudi Arabia and Egypt (sponsors and home countries of the 9/11 hijackers) because of business ties, but oh! Give Christian refugees top priority! BS. Drain the swamp? The baby-man drains the swamp and refills it with even bigger assh**es! The only ones that will be getting jobs are lawyers for the ACLU, FFRF etc, etc, etc. Bowling Green? You mean that horrible massacre that never happened? No one is going to forget this orange POS. You're right with that one.

2. profile image0

I survived the Bowling Green massacre, but just barely. I for one will never forget.

3. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Kabooom !
      The Left in America is trying very hard to normalize the abnormality of childish  immature ,sophomoric   debates like this one -   I believe that by the time this administration has run it's course , many people on both sides of the ideologies might  be asking themselves , "Why NOT a third term president "?
      Implode or Explode ? Really G.M  ,   in light of  all  your brilliant questions ,   this one is rather immature !

So  far the only recent  explosion in American politics   has been  shown by the democratic opposition movement in the 2016 elections..
      http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13397926.jpg

2. Castlepaloma profile image76
    Castlepalomaposted 7 years ago

Who can predict a poorly construction roller coaster ride to when it is to collapses. How many millions of people did Obama ride kill during his puppet time in office.

Trump will not change the fact that America empire will collapse. Wars or banning wil work further from any solution. Sorry America, your all are, so very screwed.

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years ago

Things will be fine with Trump as President. Its after he's out I am worried about. I plan to enjoy the next four years. After that, explosions and implosions will occur. I am dreading it, but trying not to think about it.

1. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That's right Kathryn ,    I think  somehow in the last few years the affects of the  gaming in alt -realities has morphed the minds of the new -left into political -mush .   They can no longer discern the reality  from a fantasy world !    The minions of   Hollywood have become their  moral center and  fantasy world has  transformed their general  intellect into unknowable black holes. 

Maybe they have followed the media there .

2. Sychophantastic profile image86

If he can prevent any more Bowling Greens and Atlanta style terrorist attacks, I think we'll all be a lot safer. I'm confident that such things will not occur under his administration because he puts America first.

1. wilderness profile image93
        wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

We can but hope.  ISIS may mount a determined attack, with no concern for their own loss of life (what a surprise!) until they succeed at something.  Given years to act and half of congress welcoming them with open arms, it is inevitable that a continual attack will kill people in enough time.  An effort to discredit any actions Trump takes, and there will be some that then believe that he hadn't accomplished anything at all.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
          Castlepalomaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Trump best reason to ban Muslims he claim Muslims are responsible for Bowling Green Massacre

Kellyanne Conway made up a fake terrorist attack to justify Trump’s “Muslim ban” Conway acknowledged her error, or assumed “honest mistake.”

1. No one was killed by refugees in Bowling Green.
          2.There was never even a plan to kill anyone in Bowling Green.
          3.There was no ban on Iraqi refugee admissions afterward

America ban Muslim base a Conway mistake, Trump never apologies, one of ten ways that makes Trump an undeniable psychopath.

1. Sychophantastic profile image86

Do you think I'm going to believe you or the White House? Conway has cited Bowling Green and Sean Spicer has cited Atlanta. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

You better believe what ever the Whitehouse dictates to you. If you want to stay number 1 in wars, prisoners, terrors, and angels. I know a few other countries that can brag more about more positive things that they are number one in.

Ms. Conway made the comment during an appearance on MSNBC’s “Hardball” on Thursday night as she discussed with the host, Chris Matthews, the executive order by Mr. Trump that suspended immigration from seven Muslim-majority countries.
              On Friday morning, Ms. Conway admitted she had put out wrong information. “Honest mistakes abound,” she wrote on Twitter — and pointed to missteps the news media had made in covering the Trump administration

2. wilderness profile image93
            wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Your point?  Beyond a continued attempt to falsely put Muslims at the center of current actions?  That one's getting just a little old by now.

I have no sake in the Muslim faith other than my family getting caught in the cross fires and a mess of (no good reason) refugees.

David Rockefeller created this twin towers 9/11 destruction, so we would be chasing terrorists ghosts all over the world. Always a false flag  now with Conway and Trump that have no evidence other than imaginary ghosts and you have none too.

2. profile image0

Let's not forget about the Toledo massacre either.

Deal with a Megolomanic like Trump, you can't give him an inch or will steal everything.

Toledo was no links to Muslims either, only a pile of wild goose chasing ghosts and  false flags.

4. Perspycacious profile image62
    Perspycaciousposted 7 years ago

I am a Trump supporter.  I voted for him to be where he is doing what he is doing.  While I nor anyone will agree with everything he does, and I will heartily dislike some of the things he may do, I entertain the hope that he will accomplish enough of what I and other millions of Americans voted for that his opponents will see enough that he does right to begin to give him some slack and added support.
    When and if that happens, President Trump and a chastened, do-nothing Congress can begin to work together to share in the public affirmation, and leaving "partyism" in the shadow of "nationalism," will do at least a few of the pressing needs our country has had for some time...needs both parties did nothing about before while bickering senselessly over who was doing the most or the little they actually did.

5. Sandra Stewart profile image57
    Sandra Stewartposted 7 years ago

I have comment whether I think it implode or explode. But you are right Pres. Obama did turn the economy around.

6. Sandra Stewart profile image57
    Sandra Stewartposted 7 years ago

I have no comment whether I think it implode or explode. But you are right Pres. Obama did turn the economy around.

Let see see if Trump can turn the the economy with bombing of the middle East and taking their oil.  Or high price whites hand picking farm crops.

It's going to be huge, it's going make everyone great in America again. I just don't remember a date, when ever it great for everyone.

7. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years ago

promisem:  Right on point.

1. profile image0

Thanks, Kathleen.

8. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years ago

And to think, there once was a Republican president who summoned “the better angels of our nature.”

Are these angels all tall, blonde, blue eyes like Trump, minus the fat.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)