Is Anyone Making Decent Money from the LetterPile Network Site?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (16 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

I seriously want to know. If there is potential, I would like to join that party.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

I only have two articles on Letter Pile so I might not be the right guy to ask, but neither one seems to be getting much action.

However, they were already quietly moldering away before they got moved to LetterPile, so I guess not much has changed for them, at least.

3. paradigmsearch profile image61

Yeah, my flash fiction molders and collects dust no matter where they are. I was hoping maybe HP finally found a magic solution.

4. paperfacets profile image85
    paperfacetsposted 6 years ago

They recently moved subjects elsewhere, I believe. Yesterday the community urged me to change focus on a Hub to WanderWisdom because the view is it would get unnoticed in Letterpile. LetterPile? Maybe it needs a new title?
    Two of my author/book reviews have 23 views in the last month. Pretty slow.

1. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

The names of the sites are unique for a reason. I'm pretty sure it's because Google penalizes pages that use the same keywords as the domain name, such as bestdietever .com.  No-one is going to call their hub 'letterpile'.

Also, it matters not a jot what the sites are called because no one is searching for them. They are searching, hopefully, for the individual hub content.

1. paperfacets profile image85
        paperfacetsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Oh, that clears  the Niche titles up for me.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
          Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Nice if it did, but it's not actually the case.

Google used to reward sites that had their keywords in their domain name, regardless of the quality of the site.  They've stopped doing that, but that doesn't mean they punish sites with their keywords in the domain name. It's just not a guaranteed advantage any more.

Having lost that advantage, webmasters went looking for some other way to get the edge over their competitors.  The current ploy is to forget using keywords,and  think up a catchy brand name instead.  For instance, iIf Amazon was called "onlinebookstore.com" it would be more descriptive, but people wouldn't remember the name so well.  Amazon is a brand.

1. theraggededge profile image97
            theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, as always, for the correction.

2. profile image0
            Jean Harrisposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Marisa is right, having an exact match domain used to boost your content within results for that specific term. This became overdone however and Google slowly moved towards having a wide range of keywords associated with any given page so the benefits of exact match domains is now much less than it ever was. I don't think they penalzie exact match unless it treads on "life impacting subjects" like health or money, but they certainly don't reward like they used to either. I remember a time when a url containing only a city name was a license to print money about anything in that city, those days are long gone.

In this case I don't think people would search for "Letter Pile" anyway, unless they knew about the site already and were specifically looking for it. If nobody is searching for a term it doesn't matter where you rank so to speak.

2. Jean Bakula profile image93
      Jean Bakulaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That's interesting. I recently submitted two book reviews to niches, and they were put on Owlcation. I do have some of my beginner's fiction on Letterpile, and it does get some attention, but not a lot.

I find it's really hard to title a book review. The publisher spends so much time advertising online, don't just use the book's title. Sometimes it helps to put the author's name first, as in, George Orwell's "1984". I recently moved a book called "Journey of Ten Thousand Veils", which has been on HP for a few years and got little attention. It's a story of a Sufi Muslim woman's spiritual journey (and I've met her twice, so it's interesting, at least to me)! When it was put on the niche, the administration just used the book title, and I know that can't compete. So I changed it to A Sufi Muslim Woman's "Journey of Ten Thousand Veils."

Try playing with the title, make it specific in some way, because unless it's a spectacular review, the first 3 or more pages of Google will be filled with reviews by the publisher and newspaper reviews. Best of luck.

5. JenniferWilber profile image93
    JenniferWilberposted 6 years ago

I'm new here, but my third most read hub so far is a short story that is currently on LetterPile. I think most of the views are from before they moved it though. The other short story I made into a hub was also moved to LetterPile shortly after I published it, and it hardly has any views. I haven't shared that one on my social media accounts or website yet though.

6. RonElFran profile image96
    RonElFranposted 6 years ago

I'm encouraged with LetterPile. Two of my short stories there have more than 1000 views each. That may not sound like much, but it's more than I expected. I took a look at another dedicated writing site that lists the views each story gets, and didn't see any that had 1000 lifetime views. So, I consider LetterPile a good home for short fiction.

7. paradigmsearch profile image61

Hark! A ray of hope! big_smile

8. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 6 years ago

Yes, my top performer is on LetterPile, it gets 100 to 200 views a day. For me, that's good.

9. Solaras profile image95
    Solarasposted 6 years ago

I think soapboxie needs a new name. I would never share anything from that site and not expect to be ridiculed for it.  Some of these names might be catchy, but are not helpful for credibility.  Same for the photographers on feltmagnet.

10. paradigmsearch profile image61

Well, after yesterday's nuclear detonation
    ( https://hubpages.com/community/forum/14 … d-by-maven );
    I don't think I'll be moving anything anywhere for awhile.

Thanks for the replies. If I had any hubs on LetterPile, I certainly wouldn't move them; but I think my flash fiction endeavors are going to remain low priority for the time being.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)