what does god say about same sex partners

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)
  1. kosakwe12 profile image60
    kosakwe12posted 14 years ago

what does god say about same sex partners

2. profile image0
    surfgatinhoposted 14 years ago

I think the Bible says something along the lines of:
    'If a man sleeps with a man as he would a woman, then surely he should be put to death'

As God has left pretty scant resources (say less than 500,000 words) then I defy anyone to pick and choose which bits they like and conveniently ignore those that don't fit.

I choose not to tie myself to any text

3. tonybeck profile image60
    tonybeckposted 14 years ago

God doesn't like it at all.  Just remember how he dealt with Sodom and Gomorrah?  They were so wicked that he rained down fire and brimstone from Heaven.  Of course, back then God himself spoke to a certain select few righteous men.  Since the beginning of Creation, God has allowed us to have free will and very often that has gotten us into trouble.

We are inherently wicked and sin all the time.  Whether it be a lie, stealing, lusting or having an unnatural relationship with the same sex, God looks on it all the same.  That is something that can only be solved by a personal relationship between that  person and God.  Pushing our own moral attitudes on someone who doesn't want to hear it is not very affective. 

I'm a big believer in living your life the way you see fit and taking lessons/experiences you come across and apply it to your ever-evolving worldview.  Just know that two of the same can never produce offspring and by definition it is unnatural. 

Unless we are under the influence of a substance or have a genuine mental impairment, we inherently know when our actions/ideas are right or wrong.  Often we are confused which in that case it it of a great help to have a mentor or someone else you can speak to that has already been there and done that so to speak.  Hope that helps.  God Bless.

4. skye2day profile image68
    skye2dayposted 14 years ago

God Made Adam and Eve NOT Adam and Steve
    Nope he does not like same sex at all. It is for the wedding bed of opposite sex for our pleasure when united as one in marriage. Thats what the WORD says. ( Read Scripture)
    Sorry to offend any gay person. I pass no judgement. I do not need to. I have sin of my own I  try to get better because I love him. He can and will relieve you. You need to want to be free and have faith. Why do same sex unions have such issues?  We all do yet it is clear that God is not for it. We have choices.I am thankful. I can not see myself with  the same sex. When I say girlfriend I mean girl and friend.
    best wishes
    Love never Fails
    Patti

5. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I don't believe any human being on Earth knows that God says, or whether, for certain, there is God at all.  If God exists I would think He may be very angered by humans who presume to know what He thinks.  Like many people, I tend to think that if there is God He would expect people to be kind, compassionate, and non-judgmental of other human beings who care about each other.   If there's a God I think He has a lot more to be angered about, or to concern Himself with, than a couple of people who happen to love someone others don't think they should.  Again, I'd like to clarify (just in case anyone "up there" is watching me) that I don't presume to know.  I'm just doing my best human job of guessing.

6. Jeffersonman 1776 profile image60
    Jeffersonman 1776posted 14 years ago

I'm a Christian who does not hate homosexuals, as a matter of fact God doesn't hate homosexuals. Its their sin that God hates. He loves them, He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind, and that INCLUDES homosexuals. As far as thier lifestyle goes God's views of homosexuality is as follows:

Romans 1:26 "FOR THIS CAUSE GOD GAVE THEM UP TO THEIR VILE AFFECTIONS: FOR EVEN THEIR WOMEN DID CHANGE THE NATURAL USE INTO THAT WHICH IS AGAINST NATURE
      verse 27,"AND LIKEWISE ALSO THE MEN, LEAVING THE NATURAL USE OF THE WOMAN, BURNED IN THEIR OWN LUSTS ONE FOR ANOTHER; WORKING THAT WHICH IS UNSEEMLY AND RECEIVING IN THEMSELVES THAT RECOMPENSE OF THEIR ERROR WHICH WAS MEET.

He hates the act of gay people, but not the gay people

7. mushy_mai profile image60
    mushy_maiposted 14 years ago

They are immorals. Not that they are banned to go to God's kingdom. Let us give them a chance to see it the way how God wants them to see their lives should be. Let us not judge them, they are human too.

Im not gay, i have gay friends but I dont condemn them for being one. Everyone is born sinner. Once we get into sin and get addicted to something, it would take some time to get out. It is very difficult no matter how you want to really get over it.

If they decide to walk with Christ, they're still in process, in His time.

We are all human, no matter how we desire to be perfect, there is none like Him.

8. HOOWANTSTONO profile image60
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 14 years ago

In Gods sight there is no same sex marriage....... God never created it so its not part of his design. Its designed by a corrupt mind.

What fools believe...
    Lisa HW.......I don't presume to know. I'm just doing my best human job of guessing.
    Advise....read a Bible that will stop your guessing.

9. Lori O'Mel profile image64
    Lori O'Melposted 14 years ago

The book of Leviticus is the one that speaks against same sex partners. However, the NT is clear that believers should always "hate the sin but love the sinner." Hence we are all sinners. We have all fallen short of the glory of God and we must be careful not to condemn someone else and fail to see our own.

Hence I believe what is most important is an individual's salvation first. Don't get hung up on the issue. Seek salvation and relationship.

10. xLMTPx profile image58
    xLMTPxposted 14 years ago

God created man and woman. Adam and Eve were the first created and when he created them he said to be fruitful and multiply.

Jesus said to "Love one another as I have loved you." Though, same sex partners are different from us in who they love. Jesus' words are to love one another. Therefore, shouldn't we accept those people for who they are?

As for what God says about same sex partners, I don't think anywhere in the Bible mentions anything about it. But remember why God had created this world in the first place. However, while reading HOOWANTSTONO's comment, I do agree with him in saying "God never created it so it's not part of his design." I agree with this because God is all knowing. He knows everything. He has our names written on his palm. He created this world and created us. He already knows what's going to happen and what has happened.

If you want to know God, I suggest to do what HOOWANTSTONO says and start reading the Bible for answers to your questions. If that doesn't help, then you can always ask a priest, a layperson, or any religious person who you trust.

11. Mbowl07 profile image59
    Mbowl07posted 14 years ago

Not everyone believes in God, including myself, so the God arguments are irrelevant in my opinion. I respect that everyone has their own thoughts and opinions but I don't think we should refer the scripture as something that is common knowledge.  I am a straight female with many gay and lesbian friends and it crushes me to see them denied the option to marry. I agree with you Lisa HW in that no one here can possibly know what God, if there is one, means or says.  It's all interpretation and I've heard the scripture argued in defense of both sides.  So think twice before you bring him into it.  Same sex partners/marriage should be happily accepted everywhere.

12. the pink umbrella profile image74
    the pink umbrellaposted 13 years ago

Well what about intersexuals? No one has ever stopped to ask that question. Its not even in the bible. What are they supposed to do? either way they are homosexual and hederosexual at the same time. If there is a god, he loves everyone.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)