When Is It Right For A Girl To Sleep With A Boy For The First Time?

Jump to Last Post 51-89 of 89 discussions (91 posts)
  1. outdoorsguy profile image61
    outdoorsguyposted 13 years ago

as a father... Never.. girls listen up Men are gross avoid them.  LOL

if they are of legal age.. I say take your time.. dont rush into anything.  its better to wait. but failing that, get to know them for a while.  if a guy cant hang around longer than four dates with out sex, he wants only one thing.    and dont fall for the I love you baby I really do and If you love me...  slap him, nail his ... Ummm , you know to the floor and leave the room   okay scratch that last.. slam a door closed on it a few times so he gets the hint.. Hmmm okay, forget that one too.   just leave but think real hard about those two options LOL

2. warrioRR profile image60
    warrioRRposted 13 years ago

After Marriage is the right time to this kind of work.
    But they can sleep together only if they sleep only!!!

3. profile image0
    gulnazahmadposted 13 years ago

After marriage only I think there is no need to say any thing and this for both girl and boy no gender discrimination.

4. profile image51
    sterance2kposted 13 years ago

it is only right, after you get married it even says it in the bible. people don't have sex before marriage it is wrong i am not trying to offend anyone here, i am just giving some helpful tips, that are true

5. casper18 profile image61
    casper18posted 13 years ago

well you need to get married frist  then comes sex so many un planed things happen and depense on the situation the gril is put in too but other than that it is up to her

6. profile image56
    Ekpeesposted 13 years ago

I dont know how old you are?but i wil advised you to concentrate on your studies and wait tii you get married.remember aids has no cure.dont despised thy youth.

7. phabs profile image58
    phabsposted 13 years ago

When you feel horny. Social constucts, morality, ethics are annihilated when you feel horny, the only thing between you and your boyfriend is your sexual attraction, embrace it and live it, but most importantly let it be. A lot of people say that it should be before marrige, but the reality is that the adolescent body is capable of having sex. The urges to have sex are seldom discarded, it is the social code that disorts perceptions of sex and petty traditions limit our nature to misery and frustration and religious taboos denigrate our instincive will. The contradictions to this very view will come from custom and religion, which proves its invalidity when faced with our indubitable way of being.

8. padmendra profile image49
    padmendraposted 13 years ago

There is no compromise with the question. A girl when married to a boy  should sleep for the first time with her  bridegroom which is called the first night or honymoon night. This is never exclaimed to be a bad thing . and always regarded a welcome  step. by the family and society..

9. profile image0
    MzGe3posted 13 years ago

Let's see...
    To start, I believe that parents can do their best to teach their children to make good decisions, and they will not always do this.

Secondly, I dont believe that people should wait until marriage to have sex because what if they wait until their wedding night and it is not satisfying?...in more than one way? What if they figure out that they do not like sex with a person of that sex...then there may be a problem.

Last, I think a woman should wait until she is ready. Whether it be with a guy or a girl, she should wait until she finds someone who makes her feel comfortable and safe. Whether its at 16, 18 or 30.

Of course we dont think the same when we're 16 as we do when we're 18 or 21 but no one can prepare a girl for the emotions that come along with sex. As long as she has been informed of all of the risks envolved with sex AT ANY AGE, it will be up to her to protect herself.

10. edfishr911 profile image61
    edfishr911posted 13 years ago

If they are both adults - it is a personal preference. No one can say...

11. OnlineHub profile image69
    OnlineHubposted 13 years ago

It's only right for a girl to sleep with a boy after marriage. As much as possible, she should wait to become a woman to sleep with a man.

12. Bo Bixbie profile image60
    Bo Bixbieposted 13 years ago

After her 3rd Zima. After the 2nd if she chugs them out of a beer bong.

13. profile image48
    schrimshposted 13 years ago

The right time is your wedding night. Give him a unique and unforgetable gift that is very rare these days. Can you imagine the pride he will feel in saying his wife saved herself for him and she made him wait until their wedding night? I mean what other gift could you give him on your wedding night that could even come close? Sex before marriage is like sneaking into the closet and opening all your Christmas gifts and then rewrapping them and trying to act like it's a surprise on Christmas day.

14. Bikash jha profile image61
    Bikash jhaposted 13 years ago

whenever she thinks or feel she need it and thats completly her decision. if she is feeling like she need it she should do it no need to get panicked and moral trauma drama, just be sure its your kind of guy, no need to make a long relationship if she dont want it or she dont like the guy, restrictive society can kiss her you know ........., and she is a girl she can get whatever she likes, torturing herself for stupid social rule is stupid

15. davidwagar profile image59
    davidwagarposted 13 years ago

well it is not right for a girl to sleep with boy at all before marriage

16. Daniel J. Neumann profile image61
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 13 years ago

When it feels right.

To me, it feels right after you've grown to love that person through a committed relationship... but, to each their own. I still haven’t had sex yet... darn it.

17. seekingaffair profile image62
    seekingaffairposted 13 years ago

Is it really important for the men today? Before marriage. The couple had to understand if they can satisfy each other in sexual life before marriage. Until it's not late.

18. profile image51
    etymologicalposted 13 years ago

When she's old enough and reasonable enough to make her own decisions, communicate (even with some stumbling) her desires and motivations, understand when to say "no" (and when to say "yes"!), and how to be as safe as physically possible. I've done sex ed for a few years, and I'll say - I've know a ton of women who have been married for years who still can't do all, or sometimes *any* of those.

I was not in love, I was under 18... I wasn't even in a relationship. That was years ago, and I don't regret it at all, because it was awesome. I knew what I wanted, and even more importantly, I knew how to tell my partner what I wanted. I also bought my own condoms, got tested, and had a few hundred dollars in savings in case of any catastrophe.

I disagree with waiting until marriage, simply due to how many marriages I've seen dissolve due to sexual incompatibility. Maybe she's into flogging, and he's a lights-off-sheets-on vanilla sort? Maybe she wants to have sex once a day, and he's the every-other-week sort? Maybe she can only come from direct stimulation, and he won't let her use a vibrator in bed?
    There are a lot of sexual things you just don't learn about yourself until you've had more experience, so it's not really even possible to communicate them prior to marriage if you've never done anything before.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image66
      Lady Guinevereposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Right On!!

19. deefoster profile image61
    deefosterposted 13 years ago

i think you just answered that question....with the simple fact the are a "girl" and a "boy"..... so there is not a right time.  however when a man marries a women. that is the right time

20. sir_tallest profile image58
    sir_tallestposted 13 years ago

Its hard to say these days....kids do it so fast and they make it sound like it can be done without any feelings attached....i would say kids should wait till they are old enough to bear whatever outcome their actions result to but they never......no matter when is written,it will be done when they feel like doing it instead of waiting for when they are old enough

21. profile image0
    Ella90posted 13 years ago

When she feels ready, which is different for every girl and depends on the relationship she's in. Some girls don't feel ready or safe enough until after marriage whereas other girls feel mature enough, ready and that they are with the right persons when there 18 years old. The only common rule in all cases is it should be after adolescene and after the legal age of consent, and I personally believe after 18 years and after high school as personally that's the time I feel I matured most and became more independent and less likely to just do something because everyone else is doing it or allow myself to be pressured into doing something.

22. getitrite profile image72
    getitriteposted 13 years ago

I certainly don't think she should wait til after marriage, but she should wait until after she reaches sexual maturity.

23. sid_candid profile image57
    sid_candidposted 13 years ago

Well the important thing to consider here is that the girl should be ready herself both physically and mentally. When to sleep with a boy for the first time should be completely her decision but I think she should be at least 18 to have any idea what she is getting into.

24. Liberate profile image57
    Liberateposted 13 years ago

{†Intercourse Is Highly Advertised in Our Modern Generation; Statistics Around The World; Have Proven Over Time; We're Becoming More Sexually Active. Virginity Is A Gift; That You've Been Blessed With; Continue Fighting For Every Second Of It; Don't Let Your Weakness Master You; Overcome Temptation†}

Without Warning They’ll Take Everything; Your Hope And Faith in Life Shall Perish; You Heart Will Break; One thousand Times Over; Every Thought Shall End Up being As Horrific As The Last; Unknown Tainting Your Mind. Your Actions May Hurt You; Break You; Leave You Feeling Nothing.

Though this society Makes It Impossible to Take Adolescence All The Way; You Soul Feels Frozen; By the Rejection of Affection. We Continue To Suffer; Remain On The Side; And Expect To Continue Happiness; Comprehend The Pain. You’ll Be Taken; Then Forsaken; Don’t Realize Your Pride; Memories Will Continue to Burn You; now and Forever.

Voices Continue To Plead; Begging For More; Begging For You; Refuse. Tell My Heart; Exactly What To Do; After You’ve Allowed Your Temptation To Beat You. Continue To Guard Love; Leaving You With Nothing Tonight; People Continue Laughing; This World It Holding It Just In Front Of You; Though You Cannot Allow This; You’ll Be Left in The Cold; Shattered; There Isn’t Compromise.  Though Your Sweet Redemption Shall Fall; Your Soul Continues To Thrive; Be Alive.

You’ll Continue Being Haunted; From Your Actions of Your Past; In Desperate Times You’ll Never Need to Sell Your Soul; Your Dignity; All for Nothing; Are You Satisfied? Then; you’ll Say Never Again; you’ll Never Allow This to Happen; Though You’ll Continue to Be Reminded; There Should Never be A True Reason Why; You Submitted to Its Temptation. Make The Greatest Sacrifice; It Is a Gift; That You Have Been Blessed With; You’ll Never Repair the Rift in Your Heart; And the Blood Will Continue to Drift.

†The Will Of God, Your sanctification: That You Abstain From Sexual Immorality; Each One Of You Know How To Control Your Own Body; With Pride And Honor†

Souls Around You Fall One By One; You Surrender And Stand in Line; You Should Of Known; Blind Leading The Blind; And In The End; it’ll Amount To Nothing. Fight to Continue Having Pride; Before You’ll Question Yourself Why; This Temptation Isn’t Over; Continue Fighting for Your Hearts Freedom. You’ll Be Cast Away; from superior Eyes; Find a Way to Keep Your Soul Together; Your Memories Will Never Lie; You’ll Be Better than Those Who Have Fallen into Temptation.

They’re Heartless Monsters; Though You Continue to Shake; Burn with Excitement; Vision of Seduction; Don’t you know; You’ll Be Full Of Pain? In The Back Of Your Mind; You Can’t Remember When; You Had Affection; You’ve Had Nothing Left Inside; being Alone; Your Heart A Empty Home; Continue To Try To Cover The Pain Inside. Countless Hearts have fallen; who’ll be the Next Victim; Who Will have Their Heart Torn Away; You Continue Feeling Cold Inside; When You’ll Be Alright.

Don’t Become One of Them; Just another Open Door; On a Shameless night. Focus Hard Enough To See; What This Will Mean To The’; Sensation Pressing; Testing; Holding On; Never Give In; Heal The Hole in Your Pride; Watch It Mend. Don’t Let Your Heart Become Ready To Die; Because Of What This World Doesn’t Give You; Don’t Comprise The Person You Want To Be.

These Words Might Be Closer To Change You; Will They Win You Over; or Are They Wasting Time; Open Your eyes; See What They Are; Vile Excuse Of Sexuality; Th

25. A la carte profile image61
    A la carteposted 13 years ago

I would think that sex should only happen when the girl is ready and certainly not before the legal age. Having said that it has to be a personal decision made without pressure.

26. puebloman profile image61
    pueblomanposted 13 years ago

Yes it is right. I would say it was absolutely essential

27. JohnBarret profile image60
    JohnBarretposted 13 years ago

If she want to Sleep only, she can sleep at any time.

28. Randy Simonato profile image60
    Randy Simonatoposted 13 years ago

Intensely debatable and overwhelmingly controversial and to be honest depending on the recipient who is asked this question there will never be a concrete answer.  What an amazing question and my best guess would be when they are both confident and trusting of each other.  I don’t think time plays a factor, marriage is typical but when you are both confident and trusting of each other the timing might seem appropriate.

29. mdlawyer profile image45
    mdlawyerposted 13 years ago

It depends on the social and legal principles of the place in which the two reside.  The boy and the girl should be physically and emotionally mature for the union and it should be sanctioned by law and the social customs and traditions of the place.

30. iamalegend profile image60
    iamalegendposted 13 years ago

After they married properly.But if they are brother and sister there is no problem

31. Smaridge01 profile image67
    Smaridge01posted 13 years ago

I think it should be at some point AFTER they stop referring to themselves as Boy and Girl, and come to be Man and Woman.

32. Mark Upshaw profile image61
    Mark Upshawposted 13 years ago

When the timing is right.  It is an internal thing.  It could be right without even knowing his name.

33. PMS9 profile image65
    PMS9posted 13 years ago

From my opinion It should be after Marriage, so it will maintain life-long married and happy life.

34. meantforsea profile image60
    meantforseaposted 13 years ago

Honestly, I would say after she's eighteen, because face it, no one knows what they're doing (even at eighteen). Marriage is just a piece of paper, people can cheat, lie, what-have-you. I guess when she thinks she's found a non-scumbag that she actually has feelings for and trusts. I know, it's hard. If every girl followed that, I think most women would still be virgins.

35. Abhaque Supanjang profile image72
    Abhaque Supanjangposted 13 years ago

After marriage. This is the perfect place for a girl to make it. There will be no hesitation between her and her husband. She can make it whenever and wherever she want. Having a child is happiness in this relationship. Blessing by the God.

36. kat11 profile image61
    kat11posted 12 years ago

Hopefully after they are at least 18, although girls are usually more mature emotionally they really need to take their time before sleeping with a boy. When they do decide to sleep with a boy they really should be ready to take responsibility as an adult.

37. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 12 years ago

After, and only after marriage.  The Bible says that everyone who does so before marriage is a fornicator/adulterer.  The Bible also says that God will judge those who are.  Why take something(purity) or give it away to anyone?  This is for marriage only.

38. Hezmyjoy profile image61
    Hezmyjoyposted 12 years ago

It is never right for a girl to sleep with a boy. Your question implies that these two are children. I think sex is entirely too emotional and intimate for children to engage in. There are entirely too many unwanted pregnancies and STD's in adults that wish they could turn back the clock and can't. If teachers were really teaching sex education, they could have the children listen to the cries of those who wish they abstained.

39. beatmakersnet profile image60
    beatmakersnetposted 10 years ago

probably on the 2nd date. if a girl doesnt sleep with m on the 2nd date she's toast it means she's too frigid and not geeenerous.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image66
      Lady Guinevereposted 10 years agoin reply to this

...and what if she gets pregnant, will you be responsible and raise that child?  It's boys like you who contribute to abortion and other irresponsible things and blame the girls.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)