How do I get my boyfriend to give me more attention?

Jump to Last Post 151-179 of 179 discussions (213 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Joshtheplumberposted 8 years ago

He's just not sure about you, sweetie. It's not that he doesn't like you- he's just afraid he might be missing out on something better. Find out what he thinks he's after. It may just be you after all.

2. keishialeelouis profile image60
    keishialeelouisposted 8 years ago

Be cordial, but don't cling to him. Have your own life and interests.

3. androidfan profile image70
    androidfanposted 8 years ago

Find a new boyfriend. He is not worthy of your love.

4. profile image52
    Brandon Nesbittposted 8 years ago

This may seem alittle harsh but, stop showing him all the attention you are showing and he will give you the attention you need. Some people get use to the attention even if they have never gotten it like that before and will get bored. Some people just get bored easily. Be careful watch out for this guy.

5. profile image51
    remonsieurposted 8 years ago

Become more attractive  to him start being more spontaneous raise your sexual  enerngy up if u do all this n he still not getting it then he just boring some are like that they just lose interest  quick put a spell on him then you will have undivided  attention  lol ( just was a joke u suppose to laugh ).

6. profile image58
    Useless itchposted 8 years ago

Without more very specific information about both of you as individuals and your interaction as a couple there can be no "specific answer". In general (in my opinion based on my own personal experience) it is very important for me to understand the very many possible variables between two people that can affect their individual experience within a relationship! In simple terms, I must understand that it is possible that me and my significant other feel and express similar feelings in very different ways. I'll give you a perfect example from my own relationship with my wife of 10 years; (unfortunately it took those ten years to wrap my head around this fact) my wife is an introvert (someone who recharges their energy levels in quit activities and thinks their way to a clear answer before they speak) and I am an extrovert (someone who recharges their energy levels through interactions with groups of people at many places and talks their way aloud to their final answer to a question) I always mistook my wife's silence to mean she wasn't interested in my feelings on this subject. In turn, my wife mistook my constant prodding her for an answer as impatient egotism! Honest and open communication is the key to happiness and understanding in any relationship! With out that communication my misunderstandings evoke emotions that are VERY real and become MY REALITY! I find that trying to see all possible views of any one situation better prepares me to gain a true understanding of it! Have you told your boyfriend how you feel?

7. the rawspirit profile image81
    the rawspiritposted 8 years ago

Ignore him! Really just look as cute as can be and ignore him.

8. Fahad Chaudhary profile image54
    Fahad Chaudharyposted 8 years ago

If you want that your boyfriend pay you more attention than you pay less attention to your boyfriend.dont call him.dont talk much with your boyfriend.on the front of your boyfriend you pay more attention to other boys.

9. passionatelearnr profile image84
    passionatelearnrposted 8 years ago

Stop taking him serious.When a woman give too much importance to a man its then it gets troublesome for the woman.Don't work hard to get someone's attention.they are not worth it.

10. Daddy Paul profile image64
    Daddy Paulposted 8 years ago

Find another guy! There are a lot of men out there don't settle for second best.

11. realtalk247 profile image76
    realtalk247posted 8 years ago

You may be stressing over nothing.  You said your boyfriend is laid back so he may not be one to get so excited and show tons of attention. He's probably cool and comfortable in your relationship.
    Breathe.
    Life is not a party all the time -sometimes people interact in comfortable silence.
    Relax and be comfortable and confident in your relationship-long distance relationships Require this.
    Another thing-long distance requires someone has to move in order to make the relationship work.  Long distance can't exist forever because we know out of sight - out of mind- over time. 
    To keep your relationship fresh take a selfie (every now and then) featuring your amazing picture in a social place telling him you wish he was here.

12. profile image51
    Wonderfulmindposted 8 years ago

You tell him that. Maybe add some tears. People in relationships tend to keep their problems inside and think it will go away until it's to late

13. Rajat Kumar1234 profile image57
    Rajat Kumar1234posted 8 years ago

just be yourself you donn't need to change youself just .......to become important in someone's life.....becoz if he cann't accept just the way you are then how can you be sure he will pay you more attention after you change.
    think about it.

14. Matthew Woolsey profile image63
    Matthew Woolseyposted 7 years ago

take more interest in what he's into. or you could always walk past him naked that will  surly work. no joking my wife walked by naked and had my attention right away but that's just my experiences

15. Leonhard Euler profile image68
    Leonhard Eulerposted 7 years ago

Maybe you need a better boyfriend that gives more attention to you if you think that the current one doesn't gives the attention. You deserves everything!

16. Laura Karina profile image59
    Laura Karinaposted 7 years ago

Um, i don't want to jump to conclusions, but i get horrible vibes. Like pretty bad vibes, and I know you'll ignore everyone that tells you to end it, but If I was you I'd end it. Like run far, quickly. It screams inevitable disaster all over it.

But, I hope you find amazing & true love soon. You seem kind and deserving of kindness, and clearly to never be taken for granted.

Good Luck!

17. Rohan Kulkarni profile image54
    Rohan Kulkarniposted 7 years ago

Just take care of him.and everything will be fine when you will marry.its just that you are very young so you are worrying.tell him about meeting you more and more.if its not possible for him try going to movie atleast once in 1-2-3months.just chill you both and try to make your time memorable.

18. profile image52
    ZawadiJposted 7 years ago

Well, I do not think that the age difference has anything to do with your problem. Your boyfriend has definitely chosen to neglect you. From your description, it sounds like the relationship is not a priority to him or you are on totally different pages when it comes to the relationship. You can choose to let him know how you feel and you can both decide to work on making the relationship work or choose to move on and find someone who will treat you in the way that you desire to be treated. Be wise either way.

19. Evane profile image61
    Evaneposted 7 years ago

Oh dear. That is love problem indeed. But know that, no man can resist his favorite dish, favorite massage, and the likes. Just show him how much you care. Be sweet and affectionate.

20. shilpimazumdar profile image60
    shilpimazumdarposted 7 years ago

Well , I hope you do prove me wrong smile
    It depends on how much time you have spent together and your bond with him.Maybe the guy is a little bit chilled out or hampered with his job that he is not getting time to focus on you. Or maybe it could also be that he's getting a bit more disinterested .Remember guys appreciate your actions more than words. Since he is in his 30's , he'd probably be looking out for stuff that he could make permanent in his life like his work , his home , his family and then of course your relationship. Guys do tend to behave in this manner when they feel either they've got hold of you or you ain't the one . So it's time you probably ask him directly, as to what he's looking for in the relationship .
    And in the end you always know your intuition is dead honest with you .
    Hope this helps !

21. Aaliyah Love33 profile image60
    Aaliyah Love33posted 7 years ago

I think that you should communicate with him on how you are feeling and not try to figure out the reason why he isn't paying you the attention that you want. I have learned in relationships that you have to communicate about everything or else it leaves room open for any and everything to happen. Sit him down and talk it out. It also may mean that he could be giving his attention to someone else considering you only see each other a few times a month. I hope that isn't the case so just talk to him and if he cares for you then he will be understanding.

22. marcelocarcach profile image90
    marcelocarcachposted 7 years ago

Start by asking yourself how much attention do you need and why. Maybe you just need to spend less time with your boyfriend and make friends with other people. But if he is really neglecting you, visit a counselor together.

23. alaknath profile image60
    alaknathposted 7 years ago
  24. Rosualdo Ponce profile image80
    Rosualdo Ponceposted 7 years ago

If you want more attention, give him more attention.

25. Mani Kanta Manda profile image55
    Mani Kanta Mandaposted 7 years ago

I don't think he is neglecting you. It's not the matter of age or other issues but say him how much you care about him and finally expectations can only be fulfilled when you express them to others.As early as possible express your feeling with him and definetly he will understand you..!

26. Gina Patel profile image58
    Gina Patelposted 7 years ago

First question that you should ask yourself is that do u really love him?...if yes then work harder to get him...first thing that you should do is to sit down and talk about the issue and i think talking about a problem could sometimes be a solution to your problems rather than running away from them...if you think he really loves you then you should be able to convince him to talk to you about your problems ....and if he doesn't then sorry to say...let him go...I know it hurts but it will be benefical for both....I'm not trying to get you on the wrong side but just do what you feel like doing and be happy and don't let yourself be controlled or used by him ...I'm sure your more mature than me to understand....wish you good luck

27. profile image53
    marleoposted 7 years ago

Find the new one boyfriend.Sorry but that is the best.

28. profile image59
    anishaganjooposted 6 years ago

Play hard to get... Be irresistible.. Make many friends and show him you can be happy even when he is not around. Really works !
    People get confused when all of a sudden, they don't get the attention they used to have..

29. Edwardson profile image66
    Edwardsonposted 6 years ago

Try speaking to him directly and telling him how you feel. Direct communication is way better than guessing games.  Sometimes we need hints thrown in our faces!  Best of luck to you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)