Would you respect anybody who believed in any religion other than Christianity?

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (36 posts)
  1. Iontach profile image68
    Iontachposted 13 years ago

Would you respect anybody who believed in any religion other than Christianity?

2. njgirl1999 profile image58
    njgirl1999posted 13 years ago

of coarse......... we r all humans that just beleive in diff things i respect others even if they  dont beleive in what i belevie as well

3. Iontach profile image68
    Iontachposted 13 years ago

Nice answer njgirl1999! smile I'm on the same boat.

4. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 13 years ago

I respect everyone's choice of religion.  To each his own.  I was brought up a Catholic, went to Catholic schools from kindergarten to university.  When I was a kid, we were brain washed that only the Catholics would go to heaven.  As I was born in a country that is 95% Catholics, and we very seldom meet people of other religious beliefs, I didn't have a choice but to believe that.  Now that I'm older, so much older, I believe the Irish go straight to heaven.  And since my late husband was Irish, I'm going going to heaven too by virtue of marriage to an Irishman.  Isn't that so cool? lol

Have a nice day,
    Rosie

5. Shay Kochba profile image59
    Shay Kochbaposted 13 years ago

Yes.

Although I am very happy with my own religion, Judaism, I have made a point of studying other world religions because it is so important to understand others.

6. pennyofheaven profile image79
    pennyofheavenposted 13 years ago

Absolutely yes, but then I'm not Christian either but I respect any religion. It is always very rewarding to hear another's view on their chosen faith. We learn much more!

7. Taleb80 profile image78
    Taleb80posted 13 years ago

Dear Mr. Lontach
    Although I am not a Christian, I respect you.
    Regards

8. MickS profile image60
    MickSposted 13 years ago

Yes, I respect Christians, despite their religion, so why shouldn't I respect other humans who subject themselves to similar delusions of religion.

9. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 13 years ago

While I consider all religions ridiculous superstitious nonsense I don't judge people by their religion.  Most were brainwashed into it and it's not their fault.

I judge people on how they treat others and how they act.  Religion is not a factor unless they start trying to preach to me about it.

Christians can often be really annoying in their preaching... so if they took to pushing their religion on me I'd be out of their lives completely and forever very quickly.  I would not return calls and they would not be welcome anywhere near me, particularly my home.

Buddhists I've met tend to be very nice people.

10. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 13 years ago

i never care what someones beliefs are. i have friends that are christians, muslims , hindu etc. respect to me isn't about beliefs it's about actions and if your a good person i don't care what your religious beliefs are or aren't.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

A DOUBLE AMEN to that!

11. tenordj profile image64
    tenordjposted 13 years ago

I can respect anyone who earns my respect. I do not have to agree with someones beliefs to respect them as a person.

12. Felynx profile image60
    Felynxposted 13 years ago

I dont respect anyone unless they earn it, delutional or not.

13. profile image0
    Jeykishanposted 13 years ago

Why not? We have to respect every one. They all are humans. I'm a Christian minister but I love and respect everyone. Meanwhile I would love to share about my faith because I love them.

14. runrchic1 profile image60
    runrchic1posted 13 years ago

I believe that if you are a true Christian then you respect all people regardless if their religious views differ from your own.

15. sturner1 profile image60
    sturner1posted 13 years ago

I believe to each their own. Even though I am Christian I would not judge someone solely on what they believe in, it's just not me. You can't win believers by arguing till you are blue in the face why they should believe what I believe. My motto is Religion is a divine intervention to doing what is right in a world of wrong, as long as your religion isn't preaching something that's against the law, or taking someone's life, it's fine with me.

16. kozmicbluej profile image61
    kozmicbluejposted 13 years ago

I wouldn't pair respect with religious persuasion to be honest - would simply depend on their characteristics as a human and the type of person they are. Being Christian wouldn't sway me to respect them anymore than being Muslim, Islamic or Atheist would.

17. TwoDee profile image68
    TwoDeeposted 13 years ago

To quote Napoleon Bonaparte "All religion was created to stop the poor from killing the rich"
    Religion was/is just a method of control that was particularly effective centuries ago when people as a whole were very dumb, handed down through the generations, because of this people believe it to be true.
    Lets face it, If someone told you tomorrow that there is a new religion, you would say, "don't be stupid, you can't just make stuff up" but that is what really happened.
    Christianity can be disproved in less than 5 minutes to anyone who is willing to listen to reason and not be so terrified of death they don't want to know, here it goes.
    To disprove Christianity all we need to do is disprove one major foundation of the belief, "man was created in gods image" as you should know by now man evolved from a lesser primate, backed by tons of scientific evidence linking modern man to those lesser beings FACT.
    So to answer your question, I do not respect anyone who believes in any religion including Christianity.
    If you choose not to believe in fact then be a good little sheep for one of the worlds largest international corporations and keep donating at church and you may just make it to heaven (mock intended)

Right-on!

18. darrenhooper profile image60
    darrenhooperposted 13 years ago

Yes. "We pray to someone, but when it's said and done, its really all the same, just got a different name" - RJD

19. MrKnowledge profile image60
    MrKnowledgeposted 13 years ago

Respect, and all other forms of interaction between humans, should not differ depending on the religion of said persons.

Would you respect a black man?

Would you respect someone from Germany?

Would you respect someone with green eyes?

Would you respect someone born out of wedlock?

Judging someone by the categories that they fit in is very unfair.

I grew up in a rich part of a money based community, where MOST were snobs and judgmental. By judging me by one category I fit in, you would say that I am selfish, snobbish, and judgmental, when I am none of these things. By saying that all of the people of Islam are terrorists, or saying that all Christians are chauvinists, you are judging someone by a category, and not off of who the person is. Respect is earned from different characteristics than beliefs.

If you are judging your respect off of religion, by saying that you only respect Christians, you are, in fact, falling into the common Christian trait of being a chauvinist.

20. Emily40 profile image61
    Emily40posted 13 years ago

It doesn't matter what religion you belong too, i respect everyone that respect themselves and have a good attitude but only one thing people who hate God and don't believe in Him I DON"T RESPECT YOU!

21. gajanis786 profile image84
    gajanis786posted 13 years ago

Yes I will respect anybody who belongs to any religion.....because all religions have given a common teaching.....that is "how to be a good human being first" and that is correct. At the end of the day it is your personal conduct with each other counts more rather than the stamp of your particular religion.

22. profile image53
    eyevadposted 13 years ago

I believe that a belief/religion is a very personal thing to an individual, personally i dont care whether a person is religious or not - as long as they dont preach their ways to me and expect me to agree to every word they say,
    i dont believe for a minute that religion causes wars, its the men behind what the religion says that cause the trouble
    Anyone in my eyes that spouts hatred should be removed from religious office as he/she has no place there

23. Glen619 profile image60
    Glen619posted 13 years ago

I surely would respect, there is no religion which teaches about violence towards those who are interested or have faith in another religion. God has given free will to all of us and does not interfere with it. So must we not interfere with the will of others.

24. penter profile image60
    penterposted 13 years ago

I respect everyone regardless of their religion as long as they are polite. I myself am not christian and have many friends of different religion I have even attended religious classes of another religion for 3 years and I know very well that most people will treat you well as long as you treat them nicely even if you are from different religions. I had to join the class to graduate.

25. MikeNV profile image68
    MikeNVposted 13 years ago

Why does respect have to be tied to Religious Belief?

If you were in a car accident and needed emergency surgery... you want the best most experienced person to operate on you.

Do you care what religion they are at that point in time?  If not, they why would you care in other times?

26. CMerritt profile image76
    CMerrittposted 13 years ago

HECK NO!!!!

Okay just kidding!! feeling kind of frogy today....

YES, of course, Jesus told us flat out, love your neighbor as you love yourself.........he didn't say unless your neighbor is a Jew or hindu........I have trouble sometimes respecting some folks who "claim" to be Christians....I have REAL problems with many of the the TV evangleists.....so, being a Christian does not buy anyone a free pass as far as I am concerned.

27. F.B. Spannigan profile image61
    F.B. Spanniganposted 13 years ago

No matter what the person's religion is, you should respect their religion. It shouldn't matter if they are Jewish, Buudists, Atheists or Musslem. Everyone should be respected equally.

28. jantamaya profile image60
    jantamayaposted 13 years ago

Absolutely YES! I respect everybody, no exceptions.

29. Youniverse World profile image60
    Youniverse Worldposted 13 years ago

I dont care! I only believe myself big_smile bet I respect any choice of other people smile

30. profile image0
    liberty405posted 13 years ago

Yes i respect all faiths and religion in this world. We are all human and no man is superior or inferior to one another. In any religious books it does not even mention or promote hatred to other religions.

31. jammy15 profile image59
    jammy15posted 13 years ago

Why not? we should respect every religion. Religion is always pure, its the people who makes it good or bad

32. mindmatters profile image60
    mindmattersposted 13 years ago

God is not a respecter of persons or religions. He is concerned about our condition as human beings whatever our belief. And for what I'm going to say next  I'll probably be dumped in the "hidden answer" bag.
    Christianity is not a religion. It is about God and the relationship He wants us to have with Him.

Great and excellent answer, Midmatters!

33. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 10 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8587371_f260.jpg

Religion is nothing but a man-made construct.  I respect and admire spiritual people because they live from true essence and from the heart.  People who are truly spiritual are inwardly motivated to be and do the best.  They walk the walk, instead of talking it.  They also accept others regardless of beliefs as long as they are good people.  Spiritual people are non-judgmental. 

Religious people are oftentimes outwardly motivated.  They do and act because they are commanded to do so by some religious authority.  They are afraid to have their own particular spiritual beliefs and they conform to what their particular religion, leader, and holy book says.  They are many times unaccepting of those who have a different perspective and/or belief.  Many religionists maintain that their particular religion and/or belief is the only sanctioned way.   Religion, on a whole, divides and retards people.   It is either their way or damnation.   Spiritual people, on the contrary, see the wholeness and goodness in everyone, regardless of belief.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)