May 21st 2011...Who will go first?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)
  1. micadeolu profile image49
    micadeoluposted 12 years ago

May 21st 2011...Who will go first?

Do you believe in the date? Give reasons If yes or no.

2. Jackie Lynnley profile image85
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 12 years ago

It could be and we are told to be watching and true Christians will go first being part of the body of Christ, being His bride. Ones here who know they have missed the boat, not giving themselves to serve God will now have to choose death over the mark of the beast which all will be required to have to buy or sell, if they want to get to heaven. The Age of Grace will be over and there must always be a shedding of blood to cover sin to get into heaven. So it will not be an easy choice, especially if you have children.

3. Torch Harrison profile image69
    Torch Harrisonposted 12 years ago

The Bible says: 

Matt 24:42 "Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come." 

Mark 13:32-33 "But of that day and that hour knoweth NO MAN, no, not even the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.  Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is."

St. Luke 21:8  :Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am the Christ; and the time draweth near; go ye not therefore after them."

The person predicting this is a false prophet. The scriptures are crystal clear about that.

4. edhan profile image37
    edhanposted 12 years ago

I always believe when the right time comes, we will leave this world. So, prediction can be accurate but other time, it can be just a believe. No one should be waiting for things to happen as we should be living our lives day by day.

5. profile image0
    wilbury4posted 12 years ago

See you all on here on the 22nd.......

6. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 12 years ago

no i don't and i will bet anyone it will pass and just prove to be another day.

7. Merlin Fraser profile image60
    Merlin Fraserposted 12 years ago

How about all those who promote the final day as December 21st 2012... Cos are they going to pissed about being wrong.....

This question of when is the world going to end is getting Old...and we still have more than a year to put up with it.

My question would be Is life so bad for you people that you want the world to end ?  Don't be so selfish....  The rest of us are having a ball !

8. ii3rittles profile image79
    ii3rittlesposted 12 years ago

I believe no one walking this earth knows the date or time in which Christ will come for his children. It speaks in the bible of signs and surely they are all around us so it may happen that day, or it may not, it may happen tomorrow, or possibly next year. We can't put a date on our salvation, we must be humble, ready and waiting weather it be tomorrow or in 5 years.

9. folorunsho80 profile image66
    folorunsho80posted 12 years ago

The Bible said,know one knows the hour or days our Lord we come,not even the Angles which are in heaven,but as a Christian, we should prepare our mind and soul for is coming,believing that when he comes our work on earth will take us to everlasting life. It may happen that day,it may not,all i knows is that,the Bible makes me to understand no ONE knows the day of is coming.

10. Jezebel28 profile image60
    Jezebel28posted 12 years ago

Wow 3 questions in a row regarding this same tired fear-mongering topic.  My suggestion turn off the TV and avoid the mindless Hollywood sensationalistic disaster movies that promote this banal superstition.  Time to grow up and live your life, enjoy the day without childish fears surrounding mortality.
    I guess you can thank religion for creating such hysteria over the ages - I guess when you have a product to sell, fear works wonders on the animal brain.

11. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 12 years ago

No.  More whacko BS.  I'm not remotely superstitious.

12. chasemillis profile image70
    chasemillisposted 12 years ago

If anyone believes that that is the end, feel free to forward all your capital and possessions over to me...I mean, if the worlds going to end, why would you need it smile
    Just throwing it out there

13. nycgrl profile image60
    nycgrlposted 12 years ago

I sincerely hope it is not because May 21st is my birthday! What a sad birthday it would be. But no I do not believe this nonsense.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)