If you could spend a few hours with any person living or dead, who would it be?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (22 posts)
  1. shimla profile image80
    shimlaposted 12 years ago

If you could spend a few hours with any person living or dead, who would it be?

2. Bretsuki profile image68
    Bretsukiposted 12 years ago

It seems that this answer should be of some great person from history, a Jesus Christ, Abraham Lincoln or Mahatma Gandhi.

But I will be a little more mundane and say my father. The reason being my father died when I was seven years old so I was too young to get to know him, it would be nice to know what he was really like. I know his image as there were photographs and some blurred memories but I cannot remember the tone of his voice or mannerisms.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

My parents and Jesus Christ, then if it is allowed I would like to have more invites, I will include Judas Iscariot as well, it will be perhaps a good final Last Supper. Also included in the table will be Galileo, Plato, Alexander the Great, Leonardo Da Vinci, Elizabeth Taylor, Queen Elizabeth and  John Lennon, plus many many more. Can I will be allowed many person?

4. mauihawaii profile image59
    mauihawaiiposted 12 years ago

I think it would be Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ said ...
    'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.'
    'I am the way and the truth and the life. No-one comes to the Father except through me.'
    'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.'   
    'I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.'
    'I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.'

What did He mean?
    I would talk to him about it.

5. edhan profile image37
    edhanposted 12 years ago

My parents as I am still missing them even though it has been a long time ago.

6. ethel smith profile image83
    ethel smithposted 12 years ago

Both my parents died many years ago. I would love to spend time with both of them but, if I have to choose one person, that I would love to spend some time with, I would choose my Dad and this is why read more

7. PhoenixV profile image65
    PhoenixVposted 12 years ago

Ezekiel, I would love to see what he saw or quiz him about it a few hours.

8. mintinfo profile image64
    mintinfoposted 12 years ago

I would choose IMHOTEP
    He was the world’s greatest architectural Engineer. He built the Step Pyramid, the first multi-story building on Earth.
    He was referred to by the Greeks as Ascelpius, the God of Medicine, more than 2,000 years before “Hippocrates”
    He was the first Medical Doctor. He was the first to write the most detailed Medical Encyclopedia.
    He was the world’s first greatest male astronomer.
    He was worshiped as the Prince of Peace, the Anointed One, the Christ, 2600 years before another so called Christ

9. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 12 years ago

One of my ancestors to see where we originated from.

10. Abhaque Supanjang profile image73
    Abhaque Supanjangposted 12 years ago

Nabiyullah Muhammad Salallaahu 'Alaihi Wasallam, of course and all prophets who lived before him.

11. IJR112 profile image60
    IJR112posted 12 years ago

Frederic Chopin.  My favorite composer.  It would be awesome to hear him play the piano.

12. delaneyworld profile image71
    delaneyworldposted 12 years ago

Oh my goodness, I would want to spend the time with my grandma.  I miss her and my grandpa horribly.  It would be a blessing to be with either one even for just a moment, to feel their arms around me one more time.

13. CWanamaker profile image96
    CWanamakerposted 12 years ago

I would have loved to meet and converse with any of the great scientists or philosophers of the past.  More specifically, Albert Einstein, Nikola Tesla, Isaac Newton, Galileo, or even Socrates would have been really cool to meet.

14. emsherman profile image61
    emshermanposted 12 years ago

My birth mother. I've never met her. I've never seen her face. I've never heard her voice.

She gave me up for adoption after she was raped by a married man who was a family friend and neighbor. She had to keep the pregnancy a secret from her devout Christian family for fear that they would disown her for being an unwed mother and they wouldn't believe that this great family man forced himself on her. She fled from her family across the country for over a year living in a church pastor's basement while she was pregnant and delivered me.

She had the social worker write down her story and provide it for me and then made the adoption closed.

I love my own adopted parents very dearly, but if there is one person I could ever meet and spend even a brief moment with, it would be the one person and hero who chose to give me life.

15. ithabise profile image71
    ithabiseposted 12 years ago

This is a tough one because there are SO many people to choose from. But I will opt for Oprah Winfrey, someone I truly admire. I would like to hear about her perseverance and understand what it takes to become a visionary of something great. Then, I would want to hear from her why giving matters so much to her.

16. juiwei2000 profile image58
    juiwei2000posted 12 years ago

If I can have sex with her, then...Emma Watson, she is a hottie ha ha ha, (I know, I am shallow, ain't I? )

17. shwetha123 profile image62
    shwetha123posted 12 years ago

I will like to spend some time with my Father who expired 11years ago. But still i miss him. I wish that Almighty give me some time to spend with him, i will be thankful to God if he give such a opportunity.

18. bilboburgler profile image63
    bilboburglerposted 12 years ago

Living.

Spending a few hours with a dead person just sounds too weird.

19. cebutouristspot profile image79
    cebutouristspotposted 12 years ago

My step dad ;( I miss you so much.  He love without bound and gave everything he can.  He taught me that blood is not always thicker than water.

20. profile image0
    Justsilvieposted 12 years ago

My Grandmother! Now I am older there is so much I would love to talk to her about. I miss here dearly.

21. EWMcGrath profile image60
    EWMcGrathposted 12 years ago

The person I could spend a few hours with would be my grandmother.  I never met her.  She died when my father was 17 years old.  It left a tremendous void in his life that some 20 years later, I was born and named after Grandma Woody.  I honestly believe that I share a lot of my ambition and straight-shooter attitude from her.

22. He Who Triumphs profile image60
    He Who Triumphsposted 12 years ago

Dead:  Bruce Lee, Christopher Reeve.
    Alive:  Chuck Norris, Stephen Spielburg.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)