When you see an attractive person, what goes in your mind...To Flirt or not to F

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Ruchira profile image73
    Ruchiraposted 12 years ago

When you see an attractive person, what goes in your mind...To Flirt or not to Flirt?

2. heidimariahelena profile image72
    heidimariahelenaposted 12 years ago

Ruchira,  this is the first time I had a question appear on my page.  You asked, so I'll answer. I didn't feel I should ignore your question, especially because of where I ran across it.  If I saw an attractive person, what goes in my mind is what the circumstance is.  Are we stuck in an elevator?  Then of course we would aquaint.  Is the person with their girlfriend/spouse. Then definitely not.  You know I find that it is not the exterior that appeals.  I find it is the inner beauty that shines through in maybe something said or a kind gesture.  So if I were to meet someone in a social setting, for example, and the person was not so alluring in the looks and/or physique department, that's alright ~ I find it's what one is made of that counts.  Have a good night!

3. SilentReed profile image81
    SilentReedposted 12 years ago

When I see a beautiful woman,I will try to savor the moment like looking at a scenery or painting. Thoughts of to flirt or not to flit tend to becloud the mind.Just let things happen naturally.smile

4. Happyboomernurse profile image84
    Happyboomernurseposted 12 years ago

I'm naturally friendly to strangers which was sometimes misconstrued as being flirtatious in my younger years, but now that I'm an old lady I can say and do anything I want and I'm just a harmless old bitty not to be taken seriously. (smile)

5. tHErEDpILL profile image82
    tHErEDpILLposted 12 years ago

I stare at them until they either smile at me or get creeped out.  If they smile, I smile back and if I'm in the mood I might approach.  If they get creeped out or disgusted there is a strong possiblity that they are not attracted to me.  At this point I stop looking and erase them from my memory right there on the spot. Why chase the unattainable? smile

6. abrarr profile image59
    abrarrposted 12 years ago

well i think it depends on the mood. sometimes it is good to flirt and sometimes it is hard to flirt

7. American View profile image60
    American Viewposted 12 years ago

It depends on the situation. Regaurdless, I would always be friendly and respectful. If we hit it off, then the flirting begins, and if that works, then I become a dirty old man!!!

8. puddingicecream profile image70
    puddingicecreamposted 12 years ago

If I'm single, the mood is right, he's not busy, he's "eligible," and the situation is appropriate, perhaps I would approach him. I'm not sure about flirting but I also would let things happen naturally through the conversation.

9. Sasinib profile image61
    Sasinibposted 12 years ago

I am wayyy too shy - so even if I were single, I would never even approach a guy, let alone flirt.

10. profile image56
    Maes Kyrposted 12 years ago

Flirt. Always flirt! Life is just more fun when you get to play!

11. Brandi Hill profile image59
    Brandi Hillposted 12 years ago

To flirt, it's my first instinct... walking away has come with becoming an adult.

12. smileymom profile image54
    smileymomposted 12 years ago

I do appreciate beautiful creatures but as a person with wholesome personality, I will never flirt. I will simply keep in myself whatever admiration I will have in mind. Flirting for me is done at the right time and place and of course, with the right person. Be attractive or not, it doesn't matter at all.

13. SuccessfromHome profile image60
    SuccessfromHomeposted 12 years ago

I never flirt....NOT! I think sometimes its a natural instinct, especially if you look great that day. Nothing extreme just a little smirk or extra eye contact. Never more than that.

14. rob_allen profile image69
    rob_allenposted 12 years ago

Well, it depends. If she would flirt back, FTW!

15. Jenneez profile image61
    Jenneezposted 12 years ago

I completely want to flirt when I see an attractive male, but I am one who certainly enjoys the natural flow of things. When I see a very attractive male, my heart starts to pound a little and I have to tell myself to whoa it down with the flirtnESS. My personality totally comes across as flirting, so it's a little harder for me not to come across as too flirty. However, I must allow that person to know I appreciate their attractiveness. When you're in a relationship trying to stay loyal, especially if it's a long distance one, it's absolutely a must to tone your emotions down a bit. Regardless, it's challenging not to want to flirt when you see a really attractive person :-)

16. profile image50
    deacharliebrownposted 12 years ago

When I see an attractive woman, I must admit I look at her from top to bottom; usually it starts from bottom to top. If she smiles, I usually smile back and see if a conversation could spark up.

17. profile image0
    Hui (蕙)posted 12 years ago

I am Chinese girl. Flirting is a bad thing in our culture, so I won't flirt at all when I meet an attractive man, but I may steal glances.

18. Horse Feathers profile image60
    Horse Feathersposted 12 years ago

I have to flirt At least a little even if it's just a hello.

19. tsquared4921 profile image60
    tsquared4921posted 12 years ago

To Flirt!  Granted no one wants someone to throw awful pick up lines at them all night, so I try to actually hold a conversation with the person, and have some fun with it!  What's the worst that could happen?  They turn you down and you never see each other again!

20. sam3m profile image61
    sam3mposted 12 years ago

my first thought is "woof!"  next thought is "you're 69 years old, you dummy!  you've forgotten what you're woofing about."

21. Ella Robinson profile image60
    Ella Robinsonposted 12 years ago

Nope, i get really shy. I can't make eye contact from that point on as i blush!

22. JT Walters profile image71
    JT Waltersposted 12 years ago

I don't flirt.   don't want to send the wrong message.  I always leave it up to the other person.

23. KyleBear profile image58
    KyleBearposted 12 years ago

I usually smile and savor the moment I guess smile

24. RandomThoughts... profile image67
    RandomThoughts...posted 12 years ago

I am friendly and outgoing with most, but if I find someone attractive I tend to go out of my way not to be. Wouldn't want anyone knowing I find them appealing...God for bid I tell them so either. smile I wish I did flirt, personally, I probably would have more people in my life I could relate to and become friends with...Good question for me.

25. profile image0
    Marie-AnneLeClercposted 12 years ago

Number one that comes to mind is 'sensibility' & 'morals.'  -If the person is in a relationship - the simple answer is no. Though I do not see any harm in being flirtatious if this is what your heart desires. However, the way you go about it is a entirely different topic all together...

26. RavenT2011 profile image65
    RavenT2011posted 12 years ago

That depends speaking as a happily married woman, the only thought is that the gentlemen is attractive. Back in my high school days I would have flirted with the gentlemen I found attractive.

27. smith624 profile image58
    smith624posted 12 years ago

I've been happily married for 18 years, but that doesn't mean I'm blind. When I see an attractive woman I look. Let me say again-I look. That's it. A beautiful smile or beautiful eyes always catch my attention. But I never ever disrespect my wife by looking when we are together.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)