Would you marry a single parent,with two kids?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)
  1. akuigla profile image60
    akuiglaposted 12 years ago

Would you marry a single parent,with two kids?

2. kwade tweeling profile image80
    kwade tweelingposted 12 years ago

Yes.

What matters is love. I would only enter into such a marriage if all parties involved had love for each other though.

3. jacqui2011 profile image81
    jacqui2011posted 12 years ago

If I was in love with the person, then I would have no hesitation. I would take it slowly for the sake of the kids, and include them in various stages of planning the wedding. I am in a similar situation at the moment and my partner and I hope to get married in a year or so. It is important that the children are made clear from the start that you are not trying to take the place of the absent parent. Break ups and meeting new partners do affect kids, but if you are open and honest with them and an effort is made on both sides, it should all go smoothly. Hope this helps.

4. philirodje profile image60
    philirodjeposted 12 years ago

Yes if there is love everything is acceptable.

5. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 12 years ago

why not. i have 5 kids between 2 women but only 2 of them are actually biologically mine. my wife has 3 kids and they look at me as though i'm their dad because their real dads are losers who don't see them because they don't want to have to pay support. it's sickening.

6. stricktlydating profile image84
    stricktlydatingposted 12 years ago

Yes, If he was the man I desired to marry, it wouldn't matter how many children he had (Although I may be conserned if he had several children to several different women).

7. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 12 years ago

yes and know? Would that person want to marry me though?

8. Matt in Jax profile image60
    Matt in Jaxposted 12 years ago

Most definitely. All depends on whether the kids actually bother you. If you have to ask the question, then they just might be int he back of your mind in a negative manner and you shouldn't rush it.

9. RevLady profile image61
    RevLadyposted 12 years ago

Recommended considerations:

Understand that love, in and of itself, will not keep a marriage together. There are literally hundreds of couples who love each other even AFTER the divorce. Love is an emotion and it is relative. Its meaning is different for each person. And, love cannot support a marriage alone. It needs the help of your God given intelligence and wisdom.

Keep in mind that who you marry will have a dramatic impact on all aspects of your life; spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical health. Marriage is serious business and should be given serious thought. It is not optional, it is obligatory.

The expectations you have of each other in regards to child rearing, finances, faith posture, family and friends, dealing with conflict and so forth should be among your priority discussions BEFORE tying the know.

Peace and blessings!

10. lostdogrwd profile image59
    lostdogrwdposted 12 years ago

this person must be in love.true love just about always goes against what you think a  right kind of person should be. good luck

11. KateWest profile image65
    KateWestposted 12 years ago

As so many others have said, yes of course, if I were truly in love with him.

12. rob_allen profile image68
    rob_allenposted 12 years ago

No, i dont want excess baggage...Of course, i want to make kids on my own.

13. Walt Smith profile image60
    Walt Smithposted 12 years ago

Children play a large role in any couples lives, and need to be considered when meeting someone new. That being said, if you feel that you can become a happy extended family, I see no reason not to marry any darn body that you want. Children are blessings to be cherished and not just another responsibility, I would get married again in a heartbeat if I truly loved the person I was wanting to betroth, and it wouldn't matter if we started another "Brady Bunch" big_smile...W

14. puddingicecream profile image69
    puddingicecreamposted 12 years ago

It depends on that person, how old she or he is, and the other parent of those children. There are so many factors to consider.

15. Pollyannalana profile image61
    Pollyannalanaposted 12 years ago

No, guys are often marrying girls with a bunch of kids, what is with that? Are they nuts? Maybe they are on Medicaid, I don't know but sure do wonder, is there any time for romance? Lot of questions on that.

16. edhan profile image37
    edhanposted 12 years ago

Firstly, you have to know the person well enough including the 2 kids. If the kids are young then you must form a relationship with them and let them know that you will be part of the family if you marry their parent.

Having the acceptance from the kids are important as not to complicate the situation when you decide to tie the knot.

I believe that if everyone in the family accepts you then I see no reason why you should not be marrying unless there is no love.

Love always works in a mysterious way and it is love that makes a person alive.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)