i think he doesn't like me

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (31 posts)
  1. profile image50
    lost_destinyposted 15 years ago

I met this guy online and we both go to the same school..we share the same interests and I felt that we are alike. After a month we met and he was shaking I guess he was nervous and he said we'll meet again, but then when I talked to him online he told me he has a busy week and will talk to me later.. I don't know if it's true or maybe he doesn't want to talk to me..i'm pretty but I'm not skinny and not fat but I need to work more on my body..do you think he didnâ��t like me because of my body? ..i really like him ,so I don't know what to do..the week didn't end yet but we used to chat daily and now it's been almost a week! 
    what should i do? should i talk to him again?
    plz help

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Have you tried the Atkins Diet?  big_smile

1. robie2 profile image79
        robie2posted 15 years agoin reply to this

South Beach is good too:-) Maddie is right BTW

2. profile image0
      joy2blueposted 15 years agoin reply to this

from joy2blue:
      I used to talk to many men on line , they would come and go,till i met the right one,now we have been married for five years,if he was interested he would keep in touch,its best to move on,men are like busses, if you miss one there is always another right behind it , lol

3. profile image0
      IMHustleposted 15 years agoin reply to this

No, you shouldn't talk to him again. No, your body had nothing to do with it. IMO it sounds like the guy just flaked out. Do not, I repeat do not pursue this guy. I don't know how old you are LD, but there's been a massive increase in the number of flakes - both men and women - in the past 20 - 30 years. Whenever a guy flakes out on you, let him know you aren't going for that type of nonsense and move on.

Another thing - as far as your body is concerned, you need to get a more positive, confident image of yourself. If you need to "tighten things up a bit", do it because that's what you want to do - not because of someone else or what society says. There are plenty of non-flakey men who like thick women. 

I hope this helps you.

2. Maddie Ruud profile image72
    Maddie Ruudposted 15 years ago

lost_destiny:

I think you misunderstand the point of these forums.  These forums are meant as a community interaction tool for people who use the HubPages, not necessarily as a place to get advice on personal problems.

3. topstuff profile image59
    topstuffposted 15 years ago

Leave the guys.Start writing some hubs(articles) if you have come here,earn money give it to that poor guy who doesnot know how troubled you are and make him happy.

4. DAND profile image57
    DANDposted 15 years ago

No prob, don't worry  I m here  to help u. Mail me we can talk about that totally

5. firetown profile image61
    firetownposted 15 years ago

You know what? You need to be sure of yourself. You can be a whale for all I care, but if you're confident, and have a good attitude, I'd choose you over some hot chick that gets on my nerves. So be yourself!

1. vietnamese profile image67
      vietnameseposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I agree totally! Hot chicks do get on your nerves most of the times ...hehehehee

6. chantelg4 profile image68
    chantelg4posted 15 years ago

Get the book "he's just not into you" perhaps you'll find some clues to his behavior. Personally, if I was interested, you bet I would be chatting every day, just my 2 cents.

1. vietnamese profile image67

You just lost your 2 cents.... Sometimes I go for weeks not chatting to the person that I am interested in but that doesn't mean that I am not into that person.... sometime I just need my space for awhile and also because I am busy with a lot of works.

1. SweetiePie profile image82
        SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Actually He Is Just Not That Into You is a very helpful book for single women and it was featured on the Oprah show when it came out.  This book helps women who are seriously looking for a lasting relationship find like minded people.  You may need your space and I dated men like that, but honestly in the long run they lose my interest because they choose space over spending time with someone.  Go to amazon and read all the reviews about the book to get more of an overall opinion though, but it does provide some very good information.

7. profile image0
    RUTHIE17posted 15 years ago

lost_destiny--

Hon--take it from someone who has seen a lot over the years wink --there's more than one guy out there in the world!  If this one doesn't know a good thing when he sees it that's his tough luck and not yours!  If he's not that interested in you that he can't consider what you may be feeling, he's not worth losing any sleep over or shedding any tears over either!  Move on to the next one and don't look back!  It's his loss! smile

sad Maddie--sorry to say this, but your reply to someone who was reaching out for help and advice was cold.  I thought we were supposed to be a close community, here to help each other with problems.  If some of those problems are of a personal nature, so be it.  A little compassion for your fellow Hubber's moment of need doesn't cost you anything but the few seconds it takes to type a couple of lines of sympathy or advice.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sorry if it sounds cold, Ruthie, but I agree with Maddie.  If this was a genuine Hubber - someone who had posted even one Hub - I'm sure the community would rally round and be supportive.  But this person - and others like her, recently - seem to be arriving at the forums purely to post about their "relationship problems".   In some cases, it's turned out that it's someone attention-seeking rather than a genuine cry for help.

There are plenty of forums about relationships where these people can go, or they could try Yahoo Answers - places designed for people to ask questions and get answers.

2. vietnamese profile image67

RUTHIE, for a minute there, I thought you were biting a rat on your profile pix so I had to look closely and it was it.....scary thought, huh?

1. profile image0
        RUTHIE17posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Biting a rat?!!!!  What the---!  That's my kitty, Baby.  I can give you the name of a couple of eye doctors if you need them! 

A rat, indeed!!

3. profile image0
      RUTHIE17posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Maddie--for some reason I stumbled across this thread tonight and I would like to apologize to you for the reply I made to your comment here several weeks ago.

Maddie wrote:
      "lost_destiny:

I think you misunderstand the point of these forums.  These forums are meant as a community interaction tool for people who use the HubPages, not necessarily as a place to get advice on personal problems."

I now understand where you were coming from and what information you were trying to point out and I do agree with what you wrote. 

Again, my apologies.  big_smile

8. Bike Web Guy profile image60
    Bike Web Guyposted 15 years ago

The shy guys if you can get them to get out of their shell can be great.  Just be friends with him and get to know him in person.  Invite him to go out with you "as friends".   

Most men have a really hard time turning down an interesting suitor.  Coming at it from the friend angle takes the pressure off the shy guy.

If he is really shy you will have to make the first move most of the time.  Build his confidence.  Go slow, guys are not used to being chased. 

He is probably nervous that he screwed everything up at the first meeting.  Contact him now just like everything is fine...  No big pressure just keep contact like you were making last week.

Make it easy for him.  The hurdles a shy guy has trouble getting over.   

1.  Should I ask her out.

solve that invite him for a coke between class or ....

2. Should I touch her

After spending some time touch him, get close to him.  That is why movies are great.  Physical contact.  Put your head on his shoulder and relax.  If you are tense then he will be too.

There is probably a free educational movie at the school one night this week.

3.  When should I hug her?
    After the next meet slide in and give him a hug...  break the ice for the guy.

2.  Should I kiss her

If he is still really moving slow
    Cure that.  After spending some time take things in your own hands....  Slide in there when he isn't quite expecting it.

Good luck

9. Bike Web Guy profile image60
    Bike Web Guyposted 15 years ago

Miss Ruud
    I think you are wrong---It is an open Forum---I believe it is you that is out of line.

Hub Pages isn't all money and business.

My two cents

1. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Mr Bike Web Guy
      I think you are wrong---I believe it is you that is out of line. smile

I think you misunderstood Maddie. She was just pointing out that registering to the site and asking total strangers usually is not the best way to get a personal advice smile

10. chester chen profile image60
    chester chenposted 15 years ago

Umm.. let's get back to the topic. Lol.

Well, maybe you need to give him some time. He might be too nervous. Maybe his parents is controlling him and don't encourage him to think about committing into a serious relationship right now. Who knows..

Btw, if he don't like you, maybe he's not the one. Someone else will come.

You deserve someone better wink

11. blissnow profile image60
    blissnowposted 15 years ago

How about a simple chat message, Are you on holidays or something!. I am missing our chats.

12. kmartel profile image60
    kmartelposted 15 years ago

Honestly, I don't see what the fuss is about, if someone wants relationship advice, go for it, there are many people out there that would love to give some.  I was even thinking about sharing some of my online dating experiences over the last eight years! lolol...

13. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

Kinda jerk-ish sounding, yes, but Maddie is a moderator and a highly respected and respectable individual.  I'm all for challenging authority in the pursuit of better interaction and all, but not in this case -

Hubpages is not technically an "open forum" in the sense that, in order to post, one has to register to the site.  Registering to a site for the express purpose of finding relationship tips is something you do on Yahoo Answers.

14. Catherine Behan profile image61
    Catherine Behanposted 15 years ago

Just another reason I love this community!  You guys rock!  Thanks to Maddie for keeping us all on target and thanks to the rest of you for helping newbies feel comfortable in this fun community!  Catherine

1. thranax profile image72
      thranaxposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I also love this community smile

15. WPerez1000 profile image60
    WPerez1000posted 15 years ago

Dear despite all the negativity you got here, stick to the topic, I believe this guy is either insecure or not into you.  If he really likes you, he will contact you, if not, forget about him and move on.  Also, if he didn't like you, so what.  I am certain that you have much to offer and trust me, there is someone there that would like and appreciate you for what you look like and who you are, so don't lose any sleep over this guy.  Good luck to you,
    Walter

16. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

Looks suspicions..I mean someone of a different name posted a response out of nowhere, its a toy prank w\e.

17. profile image48
    allowloveposted 15 years ago

u know he's busy ryt...
    and u know we pipol are not d sym...
    maybe u can accomodate pipol even if ur busy
    but how about him?
    try to understand things also...
    not becoz he cant talk 2 u ryt now doesnt mean he doenst like you
    most boys cnt stand a long talk wd one topic or w/o doing something extraordinary...
    just try to relax and think about his status...
    IT DOESNT MEAN he doesnt lyk you...

18. patnamohan profile image57
    patnamohanposted 15 years ago

Why should n`t everybody try her to write a blog here!!!!! everything will come under control!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)