How much time do you spend in prayers everyday?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)
  1. rajan jolly profile image92
    rajan jollyposted 12 years ago

How much time do you spend in prayers everyday?

2. Smokes Angel profile image60
    Smokes Angelposted 12 years ago

I often find myself talking to God without even thinking about it.  I know I don't pray as much as I should because the Bible says we should constantly be in prayer but I do it on average probably ten times a day.

3. engelfantasydream profile image61
    engelfantasydreamposted 12 years ago

it is not a question of "how much time" but rather the "quality of time" you spend in praying..quality over quantity..smile

4. Edwinoel Tanglao profile image60
    Edwinoel Tanglaoposted 12 years ago

I pray 10 to 20 minutes, and perhaps, many times more as I keep thanking and praising God in Jesus for almost everything and in every circumstance in my life, good or bad, they help me grow in prayer, in my faith, in my trust in my Lord for this is God's will for me in Christ Jesus. I try my best in everything that I do and offer all these for God's greater glory and I usually say these in a prayer of surrender to my Lord.

5. kevins blog52 profile image77
    kevins blog52posted 12 years ago

Jesus is my best friend, I talk to him all through the day and night. But to answer your question Im not reely sure I pray before each meal and at bed time. I read my bible or try to read it each day.

6. penelopae profile image63
    penelopaeposted 12 years ago

It depends on the day. Sometimes a few minutes here and there as the day goes by, and sometimes all day long.

7. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 12 years ago

Sometime, the praying, or talking to God seems constant.  I am so aware of Him in my life.  I usually pray while I drive, it helps me to concentrate on the prayer and not get distracted, also at bedtime. Not sure how much time. I say and ask what I need to, and pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

8. Eunice Stuhlhofer profile image61
    Eunice Stuhlhoferposted 12 years ago

I don't have any specific amount of time that I spend in prayer. It depends . . . however I find myself in constant contact with God throughout the day. . . a whisper here, a declaration there, a word of gratitude and so on. But I pray before going to bed and starting the day. There are no fast and hard rules since it's a relationship.

9. profile image33
    saisarannagaposted 12 years ago

The time spent is really immaterial. How much you concentrate on the prayers and how much faith you put in your prayers and how much you love god is more important than the time spent on prayers.

10. ajuvr profile image60
    ajuvrposted 12 years ago

I aspire to make my life a 24 x 7 prayer for the welfare of human fraternity and a healthy eco system

11. mathira profile image77
    mathiraposted 12 years ago

I pray for just five minutes and I do not ask god anything, except for courage. I thank god for all his blessings.

12. Bella Nina profile image62
    Bella Ninaposted 12 years ago

The Bible says to pray without ceasing.  I am constantly communicating with God.  It is a never-ending conversation.  He is always there, and I could be in a crowded room, or walking alone on the beach, and my heart and soul are in communication with God.

13. CloudExplorer profile image77
    CloudExplorerposted 12 years ago

I meditate all day long, and I guess that's equivalent to praying, I started many years back meditating and now I have taken it to such a level that its no-longer a task, it is my life & so all the time will be my answer.

14. SidKemp profile image86
    SidKempposted 12 years ago

I invest 2 to 4 hours a day in formal prayer or meditation. I seek to be in a prayerful/meditative state in contact with the Divine 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. So, in addition to formal mediation, I stop many times each hour, breathe, relax, and focus my mind and heart on the Divine. I also focus my mind on the Divine as I go to sleep, and as soon as I wake up in the morning. I want to meet God every moment of the day, in every person I meet and situation I face, and in my dreams, as well!

15. lostdogrwd profile image60
    lostdogrwdposted 12 years ago

not enough for  working for a living and life problems get in the way, but I always pray to God for forgiving me for letting that happen

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)