Is December 21, 2012 going to be end of World, Age or just another day?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (19 posts)
  1. backporchstories profile image74
    backporchstoriesposted 11 years ago

Is December 21, 2012 going to be end of World, Age or just another day?

Do you believe in December 21, 2012 to be the end of the World or the end of an Age or just another day?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6441997_f260.jpg

2. skipper112 profile image60
    skipper112posted 11 years ago

To me Dec 21 2012is just one day closer to me sailing around the world. No end of the world, nor end of a Age, I think I'v had enough of the worry warts get a life.
    The Skipper

3. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 11 years ago

I don't believe it is going to be the end of the world. We may be close to the end of the world as we know it though, judging by current events.

The Bible says that no one knows the hour or the day except God Himself. "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." (Matthew 24:36).

However it (the Bible) tells us the signs to look for:

"For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy." (Timothy 3:2)

"And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall grow cold." (Matthew 24:12)

"But you, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased." (Daniel 12:4)

"For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows." (Mark 13:8)

And perhaps the most prophetic verse of all in the Bible:

"Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When its branch is yet tender, and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near." (Mark 13:28)

The fig tree is a symbol for Israel and Israel became a nation in 1948. Along with all the other signs, everything suggests that we are close to the end of the world as we know it, and the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Even the Muslims recognize this as they await their Mahdi. But the Islamic Mahdi is probably actually the Anti-Christ!

There is a way out - and that is repentance of one's sins and acceptance of the free gift of salvation provided by Jesus Christ through his finished work on the cross where He died for the sins of all mankind, past, present and future.

So --- we do not know the day, but we know the season, and should be watching.

4. arksys profile image84
    arksysposted 11 years ago

for me it will be just another day ... it will not be the end of the world ... as Dubuquedogtrainer mentions the time is close ... some signs are visible ... but it's not that close ... not in my lifetime.

For those who REALLY believe that it will be the end of the world ... you can stop using protection at the end of april ... ;P

5. Mercredi profile image61
    Mercrediposted 11 years ago

It's the end of the world for sure. When you come up with an arbitrary date and then add some Bible passages showing that men are evil and they're getting eviler, it's a sign that the end times are here.

6. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
    Jesus was a hippyposted 11 years ago

It is simply some idiot who doesnt know anything about calenders. The thing about calenders is they dont go on forever and ever.

The mayan calender just ends on that date and other mayan calenders ended on dates years before.

7. connorj profile image68
    connorjposted 11 years ago

The World will not necessarily end on December 21st, 2012. However, I cannot say it will not (either). I do believe it will carry on for some time (especially in-light of my life). As my father would have probably mentioned (God rest is soul). John, your suffering will not be that brief. Prepare yourself for a long suffering...

8. Vegas Elias profile image59
    Vegas Eliasposted 11 years ago

I feel December 21, 2012 is going to be just another day. According the the Mayas of Mexico it is the end of an age as calculated by them; that is their belief and that stands good.

9. unknown spy profile image43
    unknown spyposted 11 years ago

for me, dec 21 will be just another day.. i don't think the world will come to an end that day..

10. edhan profile image37
    edhanposted 11 years ago

It will be another happy day for my family and I. We will be preparing ourselves to celebrate Christmas.

This prediction will likely be untrue. But of course with the current state of exhausting our natural resources, we soon be faced with end of the world in generation down to road.

11. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 11 years ago

were doomed. the world is going to end and we can't stop it. darn.

12. ptosis profile image68
    ptosisposted 11 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6444399_f260.jpg

From: 2012 Maya & Aztec Calendar: Milankovitch Cycles & Global Warming

The slow precession of the earth's wobble is called the Great, Cosmic or Platonic year and equals 25,860 earth's years.

from:http://voices.yahoo.com/2012-maya-aztec-calendar-milankovitch-5052638.html

BTW back in the 70's they were worried about a mini ice age like back in the dark ages & 12.21 is the shortest day of the year.

13. whonunuwho profile image52
    whonunuwhoposted 11 years ago

I hope it is the end to all of the prophesying for a while. I do not think that it will be the end of the world or age. The Mayan calendar seems to have had a lot of influence on it all and it has already been established that the calendar actually extends far more into the future some where around 3050 or so into the coming centuries before the ending of the calendar days. It is being seen as the end of an age to the Mayans and not the world. Nostradamus did not predict the ending of the world in the specific date of 2012 and the native american predictions were based in part on other sources and has no specific date of December 21, 2012. Y2-K is a good example of how fast fear mongering can take hold and proved to be false. Mankind should take notice in the fact that we should be more careful in how we regard the future and in dealing with conservation of natural resources and the development of new sources of energy. Concentrate on the positive factors for our futures. Leave the predicting to a few who would seek to say,"I told you so."

14. katyrosh profile image58
    katyroshposted 11 years ago

There is no way to know for sure.  Many predictions have been correct and many have been false as well. It is just one of those things that we have to wait out and hope for the best! I do not think that people should be thinking about it so much. It will just make everyone nervous and stressed. I think it is better that we do not know, because our world would be in total chaos this whole year. We need to enjoy this time we have on this beautiful earth, and live one day at a time!

15. Doc Snow profile image88
    Doc Snowposted 11 years ago

Just another day, as far as we have any good reason to think today.

If you don't believe me, believe various Mayans (yes, there are modern Mayans) who have repeatedly pointed out that the end of their Long Cycle just means the start of the next Long Cycle--just as the end of a millennium (CE) means nothing more than the start of the next millennium.

Unromantic, I know, but facts often are.

16. luckykarma profile image61
    luckykarmaposted 11 years ago

No, I don't because God said you will not know the hour or the day when hence He comes.

17. backporchstories profile image74
    backporchstoriesposted 11 years ago

I enjoyed the answers from others and found that most of you are a negative...just simply another day.  I do believe that day will be marked in history, but more of a looking back in one of those "aha moments"!  As a moondancer, related to the Mexice People, I want to believe it marks the end of an era and beginning of a new way of thinking and living.  I do find myself praying for positive outcomes and hope for the future!

18. IDONO profile image60
    IDONOposted 11 years ago

Ask me on December 22, 2012. If I answer, you will know. Actually, if you ask, you will know.

19. unvrso profile image83
    unvrsoposted 11 years ago

To me, it´s just another day; however, the media has turned that day into something more than on ordinary day.

The end of the world has occurred many times at different ages throughout the history of the world. For some the end of the world will occur on December 21, 2012, while for others the end of the world is occurring right now.

On December 21, 2012, many world enterprises will make lots of money due to the propaganda made since two or three years back in time about that date.

Maybe that day it´s going to be the end of their poverty for a few and the beginning of economic debt for others.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)