Do you agree that women look for Mr. Right while men look for Ms. Right Away?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (34 posts)
  1. kallini2010 profile image80
    kallini2010posted 11 years ago

Do you agree that women look for Mr. Right while men look for Ms. Right Away?

Are women genetically wired to be patient while men are are more impulsive by nature and their impulsiveness comes from the time they were hunters?  Where the reaction speed was the question of survival?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7242064_f260.jpg

2. dontaytte profile image74
    dontaytteposted 11 years ago

As a man our we evolve the older that we get.  In out teens we are more inclined to have many relationships. I guess as a feeling out process to find the type of woman and the type of characteristics that we like. In our young adult stage we are actually learning how to become committed to one person at a time, so that in the future we will know how to treat and care for a woman that we fall in love with.

3. abbykorinnelee profile image52
    abbykorinneleeposted 11 years ago

I took a class last semester called "Theories of Personality and Counseling" and this was a topic we did discuss.  According to my professor, Men do seem to look for the Ms. Right away as you put it.  They are wired in a way that is sexual.  However, in reality they actually seem to subconsciously look for a mate that will bore them their child.  The whole wide hips are actually an attractive feature of women that women hate about themselves thing?  It has some merit to it.  Women look for men who will be able to financially take care of them.  They are more into looking for some sort of stability in a man and they do tend to be wired to find the man of their dreams that Mr. Right, right away.  It seems we were created in a way that we would be hardwired to keep the population moving in the right direction...lol.  As for my personal view I think that men will "hook up" with almost anyone but when it comes to the one they will be with forever they are more likely to not rush things because of investment of emotions and such that men don't typically do on a daily basis and that is more sacred to them.  Women will invest emotionally in men really fast.  Thing is in this class we also learned it is a sign of mental illness or an abusive man if they rush into relationships and propose marriage too fast.  If I had the research for that I would share it but sadly I didn't think to hang onto my notes...lol. It is an interestiny hypothesis to say the least.

4. dashingscorpio profile image80
    dashingscorpioposted 11 years ago

No, I honestly believe (timing) is the main difference. Both genders are known for wanting to have a period of [carefree wild times and partying] especially those on college campuses. It’s been reported that recent generations of women are putting off both marriage and having children in order to pursue career opportunities. The more successful a woman is the more likely she is not in a rush to “settle down”.
    The age at which a woman may start looking for Mr. Right is earlier than the age that most men are considering getting married. Lots of women start thinking about marriage in their mid-late 20s while men oftentimes don’t really give it a thought until their earlier 30s. This is why it makes sense that a woman in her mid 20s improves her odds of finding a marriage-minded man if she dates men in their early 30s that have never been married. “Timing is everything!”
    The toys we give little girls often include baby dolls, strollers, clothing to dress the dolls, Easy Bake Ovens to cook cakes and cookies. Many girls are given outfits to dress up like a princess which often leads to fantasies of having a prince or her dream wedding. Compared that to toys we give boys such as water pistols, remote control cars, planes, boats, things that flash and make noises or games where he can compete against friends.
    The girl has been “practicing” being a mother/wife/nurturer and dreaming of marriage (subconsciously) since her childhood while the boy has only had to think about having fun. My point is the marriage seed was planted in women many years ahead of men.

There are over 2 Million marriages that take place in the U.S. each year and the vast majority of them take place after a (man) proposes to a woman.
    Even a strong independent woman would rather (wait) to be asked by a (man) to be married rather than propose to a man.
    Therefore in order for him to be “Mr. Right” he must also see her as being “Ms. Right”. If men were only interested in “Ms. Right Now” there were be far less than 2 million marriages taking place. There would also be fewer couples living together as well. Both marriage and living together are ways that men settle down.

1. lupine profile image67
      lupineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Girls are conditioned to be "mothers" and boys are not conditioned to be "fathers" by the toys they grow up playing with.

2. dashingscorpio profile image80
      dashingscorpioposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lupine, Yes, boys are not "conditioned" nor "expected" to be "nurturers". If we say "practice makes perfect" then it is girls who have the most practice of being a parent.  Boys don't play daddy. We gain interest later in life. One man's opinion! :-)

3. kallini2010 profile image80
      kallini2010posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Dashingscorpio - I wanted to thank you for your thought-out and detailed answer - one suggestion - in the future if your answer runs such a length, it would be more beneficial for you to claim it as your own hub.  Cheers!

5. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

Yes, I would agree with that until Men mature into real Men and realize that Women are beautiful Human beings and not to be used for their pleasure. This is when a Man will find his Ms. Right. Hopefully for everyone. Women included.

1. abbykorinnelee profile image52
      abbykorinneleeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Those Mr. Rights? Yeah, not so easy to find lol

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nor Ms. Rights LOL

3. abbykorinnelee profile image52

At this point any right lol

4. profile image0

Still waiting  smile

5. abbykorinnelee profile image52

Well, I don't know what to tell you...get in line LOL...I was there first

6. profile image0

In that case, we must be very close to one another on line? LOL

7. abbykorinnelee profile image52

From the looks of these comments you are right behind me! LOL....but I guess we can be in the same spot because you want a woman and I a man...so we don't have to trip over each other's feet to get to the next available one..smile

8. profile image0

Exactly smile

9. abbykorinnelee profile image52

smile Just stand far enough away they don't bypass me thinking I am taken LOL

10. profile image0

LOL Will do

6. soconfident profile image70
    soconfidentposted 11 years ago

That may sometimes be the case, if it is with some men it really is just a phase and by then it may be too late

7. lupine profile image67
    lupineposted 11 years ago

On first instinct I believe you are correct. Most, and I say most...not all men, are looking for Ms Right-away, and they are getting it because a considerable amount of the young women of today are "giving- it-right-away". It has become all too common, thus making marriage unecessary for some, due to changes in family values and society issues. When a man seriously finds someone he respects and wants to have a long life with, he will treat her accordingly.

1. dashingscorpio profile image80
      dashingscorpioposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I would also say both men and women go through phases in their life. Most men will not consider marriage until after they establish a career. Ms. Right Now are women he meets during that period. It's timing. Sexual equality is not bad in of itself.

2. lupine profile image67

I would say men don't consider marriage until later, where most women look for  it much sooner. Timing is key to settling down. I do believe you have a point...there is sexual equality and it's both the man and woman that make the choice.

8. Escobana profile image76
    Escobanaposted 11 years ago

I don´t agree with the question but I do agree with the answer of Dashingcorpio.

I myself was looking for Mister Right Now for quite some years and I had a lot of fun looking for him.

In fact, I felt like a manhunter in disguise, I got rid of my need for adventures little by little and I love the peace I´ve found with my future husband to be.

9. Alecia Murphy profile image71
    Alecia Murphyposted 11 years ago

I think it depends on the person and their experiences. To me a relationship of any sort takes time and patience to be cultivated and maintained. And for that reason, I don't immediately enter into a relationship with everyone I meet.
    I think alot of women-not all- want Mr. Right at the moment they're ready. For instance, some women seem to think once they get a good job and are settled they're ready for marriage. And many men, want Ms. Right Now because that's how they think a relationship should operate.
    But in the grand scheme of things if you put the proper time and effort into being the best version of yourself- the right person will come your way at the right time.

10. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 11 years ago

I think on average that about cuts it. Yes.

1. IDONO profile image61
      IDONOposted 11 years agoin reply to this

See Garifalia. I fooled you. I am from Mars. I just changed to fit in with you Earthlings. Compare our answers. Men are from Mars and women from Venus.

2. profile image0
      Garifaliaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No my friend, you're not from Mars. You make perfect sense!

3. kallini2010 profile image80
      kallini2010posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, guys were are from the same planet and we all can learn and be conditioned to look for Right or Right Away.  It is harder to resist good sex for a woman who has experienced it at least once.  Talk about RIGHT NOW!!!

4. profile image0
      Garifaliaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Being of a particular age and experience, I can say that when men meet Mrs Right, they forget about Mrs Right Away and know how to wait. But it takes a while for many, if not most to mature to that point. It's the male sex drive and brain function.

11. IDONO profile image61
    IDONOposted 11 years ago

Maybe. But when Mr. Right finds Ms. Right Away, he better know that also opens the door for her to have a Right of Way to his wallet.  If Ms. Right Away lets herself be Ms. Right Away, she is either desperate, loose or really stupid. Therefore, she is definitely not Ms. Right. So, Mr. Right,keep looking and keep your money. Ms. Right won't want it. I know. That's a lot of rights that are actually a lot of wrongs.

You are exactly right, I know men that have had that type of right-away-relationship and they do say that's not the type woman they will marry. Like the saying goes...two wrongs don't make one right.

2. Escobana profile image76
      Escobanaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Desperate, loose or really stupid? I'd say wake up and welcome to the world of women who choose to be Ms. Right away for a while.

Like I said before....Mr Right Now worked perfeclty for me for some years but I never qualified as a gold digger:-)

12. rouilliewilkerson profile image61
    rouilliewilkersonposted 11 years ago

I don't see a difference. You find Mr. Right, you get married. He finds a gal that's a good fit for him, he' gets married to her right away.

In this case, they both found the right one. Both looking for the same thing...marriage.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)