Do you listen to music while writing hubs or a hub?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (41 posts)
  1. sassydee profile image68
    sassydeeposted 11 years ago

Do you listen to music while writing hubs or a hub?

do you like to listen to music while writing if so what kind of music? I like listening to spanish music these days!???

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7342832_f260.jpg

2. SilverRingvee profile image60
    SilverRingveeposted 11 years ago

I have never done it, i am not a big music listener.

sassydeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

cool I can appreciate that, niether am I but I do have those moments

3. GiblinGirl profile image72
    GiblinGirlposted 11 years ago

I've never been able to listen to music while writing.  I love listening to music so it's too distracting - I'll be too tempted to get up and dance.  I pretty much have to have complete quietness to write.

wow that's cool

4. Alecia Murphy profile image71
    Alecia Murphyposted 11 years ago

I have been listening to music and writing/studying since college. Silence is too much. I don't like being completely alone with my thoughts- I like to have something to spur my creativity and personally music does that for me.

right on!

5. Richard Craig profile image60
    Richard Craigposted 11 years ago

I always listen to music when I write.  Even now whilst answering this, 'Make A Movie by Twista is playing smile  I write poetry so I like to have some inspiration in the background. 
    I listen to whatever's on my iPod as there's a lot of different music.  Stuff by Eminem, Drake, Nickelback, Theory of a Deadman, Tenacious D, Seven Lions and random stuff like 'Hold You by Gyptian, 'I Get Knocked Down' by Cumbawamba.  Even 'Gangnam Style' is on there!  Whatever is playing I can learn something form it whether it's just a word I haven't used in a while, rhythm or story.

cool

6. praveenanand04 profile image59
    praveenanand04posted 11 years ago

No, I do not listen music during writing.

cool have you ever tried it?

7. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 11 years ago

Most of the time I do listen to music, but when I start singing more than writing I turn it off! lol!

cute lol

8. Beata Stasak profile image79
    Beata Stasakposted 11 years ago

Usually listen to jazz or classical music while writing, help my mind to enter 'the right creative zone'smile

nice!

9. Marie-Renee profile image80
    Marie-Reneeposted 11 years ago

Yes, I love music and almost always have it on whatever am doing. The type of music depends on what the task is at hand. I also have Spanish songs (Corazon Salvaje, Creer and other Marcela Morelo) on my playlist but right now, while answering your question it's Luke Bryan who is crooning to me that he doesn't want the night to end. Though I also have to second Nell that when it seems I am singing more than writing then I know it's time to turn it off...and turn it on again on my break.

haha cool thanks

10. TNSabrina profile image60
    TNSabrinaposted 11 years ago

No, I don’t really listen to music while working on a Hub. Sometimes, I’ll have the T.V. playing in the background however. I prefer silence.

SILENCE WOW MUST BE NICE! NEVER HEARD SILENCE BEFORE LITERALY

11. Tonyx35 profile image60
    Tonyx35posted 11 years ago

I like to listen to Soundtrack music while writing. From TV shows and movies.  Both the instrumental and Vocal tracks.

sound tracks huh that's different
      cool

12. profile image0
    Wesley Clarkposted 11 years ago

No, not when I am writing.  I like to be extremely focused when I am writing an article, note, etc.  I want to be sure I get my message across.  I do though listen to music when filling out paperwork.

ooh okay

13. lorddraven2000 profile image89
    lorddraven2000posted 11 years ago

I do sometimes. If I am working on a serious article I tend to leave the music off but otherwise I like to have a little background noise there to keep me motivated.

great a specific kind of music or ?

14. samnashy profile image72
    samnashyposted 11 years ago

I find it a bit distracting sometimes.  But find it great for housework.

okay okay

15. James-wolve profile image76
    James-wolveposted 11 years ago

I'd say songs with very few lyrics because you'll be put off otherwise... so Jim Brickman, Yiruma, Hans Zimmer, Klaus Badelt, Howard Shore etc. yeah i know most of them are full score composers but they are still amazing!!!
    or Angels and Airwaves, they have a lot of instrumental stuff.
    or else Tyler Hilton, Kate Voegele, Gavin DeGraw, Wakey!Wakey! the Fray, Keane, Loreena Mcknnitt, Jana Kramer, City and Colour, Augustana, Dion Roy ... I find them all very relaxing and easy to listen to when revising/writing/working.

The following songs i m sure  are much helpful to listen to while writing :
    Amelia - Joni Mitchell
    Who Knows Where the Time Goes? - Sandy Denny
    You Don't Love Me When I Cry - Laura Nyro
    Carolina in My Mind - James Taylor
    Lyke Wake Dirge - Pentangle

cool i got to listen to a few of these some time

2. James-wolve profile image76
      James-wolveposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That s cool:)

16. sparkleyfinger profile image86
    sparkleyfingerposted 11 years ago

I actually cant listen to music and write! I usually cant have a conversation and write simultaneously either. I wish I could though, I love music!

maybe you can practice doing it?

2. sparkleyfinger profile image86
      sparkleyfingerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Iv tried through the years, it totally breaks my concentration unfortunately.

17. Siunami profile image61
    Siunamiposted 11 years ago

Usually just some peaceful background music to help my mind focus on the topic I'm writing about

thats nice

18. FolliediVetro profile image60
    FolliediVetroposted 11 years ago

Yes I do,It makes me relaxed and writing is quite nice.

good for you

19. dommcg profile image72
    dommcgposted 11 years ago

I love listening to Classical guityar music while i write, i find it very relaxing and inspiring.

nice!

20. Agnes Penn profile image60
    Agnes Pennposted 11 years ago

I prefer silence.  However, there are times when boleros or theme music send my feelings into a quiet state.  Once I begin a good idea I can write with a rock band blaring next to me and I wouldn't hear it; very much like riding a rowdy river, I go with the flow and nothing can take me out of it.  The key is to get to the good idea and for this I need silence.

okay i get ya wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)