Should we believe on future predictions made by astrologers? How true they can b

Jump to Last Post 1-32 of 32 discussions (54 posts)
  1. neelu sinha profile image60
    neelu sinhaposted 11 years ago

Should we believe on future predictions made by astrologers? How true they can be?

Astrologers make predictions through one's date of birth or by looking at ones palm or for head. Is it a science based on facts or just we are bi fooling us?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7469575_f260.jpg

2. web923 profile image60
    web923posted 11 years ago

I think there is little if any relevance to making predictions based on the position of stars, but nothing is written in stone. People may have tendencies that may be influenced by astrology or the notion of astrology, but free will and conscious intent rule over astrological influences. To put ones faith in the material universe by saying or thinking that it somehow has power over ones free will and personal divine spirit is a tragic mistake in my view! Better to think that we as divine spirit have power to influence the stars!

neelu sinhaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hello web thanks for answering me! I also feel the same that nothing is written in stones.

3. profile image0
    mayank786posted 11 years ago

We have to believe in astrologers partially because what they say sometimes true but sometimes fails so we have not completely believe on astrologers.

4. LouTucci profile image76
    LouTucciposted 11 years ago

Let me answer your question with a question...how can you honestly believe that some star - billions of light years away - aare going to have an impact on your life, way down here.
    Goodnite.

1. profile image0
      mayank786posted 11 years agoin reply to this

short but true man great i like your answer:)

5. Chuck Bluestein profile image61
    Chuck Bluesteinposted 11 years ago

Does knowing the future help you? If so then here is a scientifc fact. In 2 billion years the earth will die out and when it does it will burn up the entire earth.

1. Gareth Pritchard profile image74
      Gareth Pritchardposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Was it the sun you meant will die out and burn up the earth?

2. neelu sinha profile image60

Hello Chuck Bluestein!
      Here I am talking about people who have tendencies to visit such astrologers for their day to day problems.

3. Dan Barfield profile image73
      Dan Barfieldposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Actually the earth will become completely uninhabitable long before the final death of the sun. The sun will have increased in size and temperature to the point where earth can no longer sustain life in only 500 million years time. Ah well...

6. ThompsonPen profile image65
    ThompsonPenposted 11 years ago

Astrology and Numerology are based on the same principle: that everything that ever was, that is and ever will be is created solely of vibration. This means that all sound, all textures, all tastes, everything we see - everything is made up of vibrations. That being said, vibrations effect other vibrations.
    Each individual thing has its own vibration. A chair which is factory made will effect another chair just the same because they have the vibration. But a living being interacting with other beings are individual masses of vibration reacting with other individual masses of vibration, and thus we react to other people differently. Person A might be besties with person B, but hate person C. Person D and person B might love each other, but person D doesn't like person A and generally gets along well with person C. This is down with people resonating well with another person.
    What does this have to do with astrology?
    Astrology is based on the position of each planet in the sky in relation to the section of the world you were born in at that exact second you were born. Being planets, they have massive vibrations, which resonate for miles and miles and miles and miles. Their position is what is meant to effect the person you may be.
    Nothing is set in stone, no. You won't have the sun in conjunction with Jupiter in your fifth house which happens to be in Leo and have it mean that you will fall in love on December 31st with a woman with shoulder length red hair and a peg leg.  However, it will say perhaps that you will find something which makes you whole around the time of your early adult life, just based on the patterns of the effects of these vibrational masses in the sky.
    There's a lot more to just "hey baby, what's your sign?" It has to do with the position of the planets in the sky at the time of when you were born in collaboration with the position of the planets in the sky at each moment. It's fairly complex when you get into it. I knew a gentleman who would predict the stock market by using astrology. He had been doing it for years. It had worked fairly well for him.

Hei ThompsonPen!
      It is really a complicated subject to understand. You  have answered well.  I have personally realized about my palm lines that they are totally changed and you cant believe that they are not the same as  they were 8 years ago.

2. Dan Barfield profile image73
      Dan Barfieldposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If we want to get really complicated we can bring in quantum entanglement too...

3. Gareth Pritchard profile image74
      Gareth Pritchardposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I accept what you are saying especially vibrations from the cosmos, very powerful but it goes further, deeper and often overlooked, vibrations start their effect and more so from conception, even effecting conception it's self and overlooked.

4. cascoly profile image61
      cascolyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

there's no complexity - it's all rubbish - there is no research done to prove any astrological assertion - as far as the stock market - throwing darts at a lst of stocks has also worked.

5. ThompsonPen profile image65
      ThompsonPenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

no study one it...except since the dawn of man. Since we were in existence we have looked up and studied the vast universe of up, and it's effects on us and around us.

7. krishnnaa profile image39
    krishnnaaposted 11 years ago

there are so many things there are no logic. if we believe in existence of god, god made plans for each and every living beings. then y ca't we believe this?

Hello krishana I think have believe and blind faith are two different things.

8. SaraGardner profile image67
    SaraGardnerposted 11 years ago

Astrologers make predictions based on a field of potentiality, so in a very general way they can "fit" around what happens but in a specific way for each of us as individuals they may be beyond our level of significance.

For example: The alignment of planets at any point in time creates a particular pattern of a magnetic field which in turn will affect everything within that field. People are magnetic creatures therefore we affect and are affected by magnetic fields. As I said before sometimes that effect would appear to be of no significance to us but that significance will change for every individual based on their perception of life/reality.

For example: The significance of planetary events on a stockbroker would appear to be insignificant for their daily life whilst the life of a market gardener is more significantly affected (via weather patterns) whether this is consciously acknowledged or not.

This in turn leads me to see that a stockbroker can be affected because stock prices can be affected by adverse weather.

This field of effect is not limited to the physical world, magnetics affect emotions and thought patterns too.

Having said that, in my experience most folk are not really in tune with their emotions and thoughts and the links between them so they don't notice they're being affected.

And a field of potential will always remain just a field of potential unless we act on it.

And finally.....some folk firmly believe so much in their personal future predictions that this unwavering belief actually creates the event in reality. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy, which can be either a positive or negative event.

You are very true SaraGardner, I am agree with you.

2. cascoly profile image61

pure nonsense - astrology is worthless -  give 10 astrologers your info & you'll get 10 different answers.  give them 10 analyses from other astrologers and they can't match them to the individuals.  the magnetism reference is also offbase

9. Tnagaria profile image60
    Tnagariaposted 11 years ago

Heyyy,
    Thomsonpen gave u a very interesting answer,however ill simplify it for u.
    Some people do everything based on pridictions that astrologers make for them and some of them say that nothing they say about their lives is true, that is because everytime your birth chart is made the astrologer assumes that the consciousness u were born with will remain the same throughout your lifetime, this used to be true in the past and a lot of things astrologers said were true because the consciousness of a lot of people would not shift for an entire lifetime, but now that ascension is coming really close and we have to bring an end to our karmic journey astrological predictions need not always be accurate because our consciousness is shifting really fast.
    Consciousness btw, lies in one of our chakras, our lifes challenges and learnings of this lifetime is largely based on where our consciousness lies, if we learn what we have to faster than the approximate time then our consciousness moves up, like how our kundlini moves upward to the chakra above and we start operating from there. So they maybe very accurate but once u do ur inner work and learn ur lessons astrological predictions need not be of the same level of accuracy.
    Enjoyy

Hei Nagaria you have very simply describe the topic.  I think if we compare this with your earlier hub in which you have described about our happiness is in our own hands, we will get the best answer as you have written now.

10. neelu sinha profile image60
    neelu sinhaposted 11 years ago

Yes Mayank  it is true that sometimes predictions are true but may it doesn't mean that they are always true.

11. Dan Barfield profile image73
    Dan Barfieldposted 11 years ago

Astrology is pure bunkum I'm afraid - however there are definate statistical correlations between the time of year people are born and their hight, health, intelligence and career prospects. This apparently is due to the mother's exposure to sunlight during pregnancy. In the summer more sunlight leads to more vitamin D production and this has measurable effects on the baby in the womb. Check out this article from The Telegraph: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/child … -have.html

Hello Dan Barfield!
      Another perception to see this subject.  I will surely check the article you have mentioned.

12. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image61
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 11 years ago

Yes it is a kind science and reliable.  some famous scientists around the world believe in its power.  may be as in every case, some wrong prediction by under-studied people of this technique.  but well studies people have many times predicted things so sharply and made the world surprised by their sharp prediction.  some money motive astrologers may fool us by pronouncing things expecting money. leave it.  if you reach a well learned astrologer you can get read your present, past and future life.  for example sri lankan prime minister had sought the help of unnikrishna pannicker of parappanangadi in kerala/india.  tamil nadu chief minister jayalalitha was also followed his advice seriously and achieved gains.

1. cascoly profile image61

name these 'famous scientists' please  and some references for the 'science' involved

2. Tnagaria profile image60
      Tnagariaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Pridictions have come true a lot of times, bejan daruwala's pridictions have come true a lot of times, we also hear a lot about nostradamus who pridicted the coming of hitler etc, astrology is a science, a metaphysical science.

3. cascoly profile image61

for every lucky guess by astrologers they have dozens of failures - when tested they dont even do as well as random guessing!

13. Doc Snow profile image88
    Doc Snowposted 11 years ago

In my opinion, astrology should be regarding as being "for entertainment purposes only."  There's no physical reason it should work, and no credible evidence that it does work.  The same is true for palmistry and phrenology (study of the shape of one's head.)  In each case there was a physical rationale at one time, but its basis has long since disappeared as understanding of the physical universe has progressed.

14. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 11 years ago

to make my answer short...it is NO...why?...astrology even if taken as science has 400 factors and astrologers hardly take into account all 400 factors...

15. profile image0
    Andre Sanchezposted 11 years ago

It is complete nonsense in the same sense that having a statue of the Virgin Mary is nonsense. Astrology is not a literal science any more than Mary was a literal person. It is the mystical interpretation of astronomy. Astronomy determined when winter shifted direction and started moving into summer. Astrology told a parable based on this fact. You could say astrology is seeing God's word in the order of astronomy, reading the deeper meaning of that order. What we have today is barely even that.

Very true Andre.

16. MG Singh profile image73
    MG Singhposted 11 years ago

Astrology is for guidance and some astrologers are very accurate. keeping that in mind its better to be prepared as Astrology does have some truth in it, as can be seen from the horoscopes at Hoshiarpur attributed to the saint Bhrigue. I have myself been there and astounded by their accuracy.

1. LouTucci profile image76
      LouTucciposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think astrology is for those who needed comfort  back then when there was no other comfort available when trying to find answers to the universe and themselves.

17. Doc Young profile image60
    Doc Youngposted 11 years ago

... astrology toys with minds ... are they right at times? Yes, but even a broken watch is right some times.  Let's go with a tried and true position.  The future ... your guess is as good as mine.  Only God knows.

18. B. Leekley profile image87
    B. Leekleyposted 11 years ago

The American 20th century clairvoyant Edgar Cayce said that people reincarnate. Between in a body lifetimes on earth, they spend time -- varying from very short to very long and maybe averaging around 30 years -- in the spirit world , where they have experiences that help them strengthen the weak or faulty aspects of their characters. Astrological signs are an indication of those between incarnations experiences and an indication of a person's inclinations. Of course one develops other inclinations from genetics, from the experiences of life, etc. Cayce said that free will can trump inclinations. Exercising free will, he said, is choosing your ideals and making a determined effort to live by them. I suppose, then, that a good astrologer with psychic abililities will help you to understand your inclinations and maybe your karma and the probable future toward which they lead if free will is not consistently exercised. The better the psychic abilitites, the better the information, though even the best psychics or intuitves make mistakes. There is nothing scientific about any of this, and I have no idea if it is true or silly. What I say about Cayce is from memory so may not be precise.

19. anupma profile image66
    anupmaposted 11 years ago

I am not completely agreed with astrology. Actually if it is true, then why bad incidents occur. In India, I have seen so many astrologers who use to say that they are able to change one's future. If it is so, then why they don't change their future. may be, it is right may be not. . . Action is more important for me. I believe only in positive actions, because it cannot be futile.

Yes Anupma this should be notice that if everything is in the hands of astrologers then why they don't change their own failures. You are right.

20. cascoly profile image61
    cascolyposted 11 years ago

you obviously didnt really want a discussion, since you declared a 'best' answer that agreed with your preconception only 4 hours after posting - hardly enough time to let people respond

21. conradofontanilla profile image66
    conradofontanillaposted 11 years ago

Concepts and relationship(s) among concepts in science had been verified or are verifiable. Predictions made based on them are highly accurate. Concepts and relationships in astrology are not verifiable most of the time that is why its predictions are a hit-and-miss. read more

22. carterchas profile image60
    carterchasposted 11 years ago

They have never been true. 
    1.  Astrology is not a science.  Science can be verified with empiricle evidence.
    2.  When you read an astrology column, all of the statements are generalized; they mean nothing.
    3.  Why would the planets have any bearing on your life.  The greatest effect that might have is gravitational. 
    4,  Even astrological columns and magazines can't agree on predictions. 

I suggest you read chapter 3 from "Cosmos" by Carl Sagan (the book based on the PBS TV series).  You could probably even find the episode online.  Chapter 3 discusses Johannes Kepler being the last scientific astrologer and the first astrophysicist. 

The episode is called, "The Harmony of Worlds".

1. conradofontanilla profile image66
      conradofontanillaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Kepler saved Tycho Brahe's observations. Tycho endorsed his observations to Kepler,. That is, together with his own observations, Kepler formulated laws. These were used by Newton in formulating his laws.

23. Pramath Kant profile image57
    Pramath Kantposted 11 years ago

Astrology involves Science and Mathematics since it involves calculations of positions of planets moon and sun relative to the earth though the sun is stationary.  I will cite one example of how astrology used in India, which i guess is a trivial but an important one. Arranged Marriages India take place only when the birth charts of the couple matches. This is one of the reason why divorce rates are low in India and higher in western countries. People have spoken about scientists who did not believe in astrology. Freemason society members were also scientists as well as astrologers, Newton being one of them. Though there have been certain instances where astrology suffers a complex behavior but still if seen by a scholar it may be precise. A word of caution, don't believe what astrologers predict about your future is going to be true. Hinduism advocates the use of astrology because it teaches you to mend your actions or face the consequences. It is a reminder for our Karma. The whole Hinduism is based on understanding these signs. If interpreted correctly it can be a boon else catastrophic it can be. If any question arises question it for your darkness  of ignorance can be overwhelmed by the light of knowledge. Mind you judge anything if your don't have knowledge. I too am ignorant but I am trying to learn what i can. I ain't prefect.

24. avorodisa profile image80
    avorodisaposted 10 years ago

Any prediction should be taken with a sceptical eye. It's just like we played a card game and had cards in our hands from the beginning of the game. These cards could make us win or lose the game. But in any situation we should bear in mind, there is a human factor - us, who can make the victory or the failure possible. It's just the same thing with the planets. Only here the player is the entire humanity as planets, especially higher ones, work on a collective level, often in a subliminal way (for example, Uranus and Pluto). Astrologers only show us the position of the planets and their character at a certain moment, the possibilities, whether positive or negative, that these positions open to us, even as far as natural calamities are concerned. That's why their predictions can be true or false. If an astrologer tells you, this and this will happen with certainty, then he or she is not a true astrologer. They only have the right to give the picture of a possible change, for the future is not a tablet, forever fixed and unmovable.

25. lostohanababy profile image56
    lostohanababyposted 9 years ago

I like your question.  I think if you are open-minded.  Have a fair sense of life experience in time and history of our beautiful planet Earth, and try to read as much as you can, keep up to date on Crop Circles, and Prophesies of other older cultures, we can better prepare ourselves for the coming of new predictions!

26. Fahad ansari12 profile image59
    Fahad ansari12posted 9 years ago

astrology can be seen as future prediction.. but technically it is a science of reading someone's character,condition and emotion and predicting their upcoming event on behalf of these reading. now the point is believe it or not.. believing and follow them blindly is surely a foolish act, but as they are professional and at some point they can be correct and you can take it as a positive motivation.

27. profile image0
    shreyasshrikantposted 8 years ago

I think, we should never believe on such predictions. I think, we our creators of our destiny.

28. Dakk profile image84
    Dakkposted 8 years ago

Astrology today is convoluted and filled with strange speculations that are far divorced from the astrology of old. Most of it is based on medieval astrology, which was based on misconceptions about the positions of certain stars and pseudo-medicinal practices. The acient astrology from babylon and before (if it had any value) is now lost to us, and anyone that claims to know its workings is to be seen with suspicious eyes.

29. krishna murti profile image60
    krishna murtiposted 8 years ago

astrology is partially scientific because it has some intricate modern mathematical principles  involved in it, but not most accurate like modern science.
    So sometimes it helps to know something from your kundali but it most doesnt do any change at all.

30. roselinsojan profile image59
    roselinsojanposted 7 years ago

Good astrologers, prediction may become right. nature have some control over us, scientifically it is proved.

31. RomanaRiva profile image60
    RomanaRivaposted 7 years ago

Some of them are 100% correct and most of them 100% wrong and misleading. At times what we hear from them we take it so much to mind and believe in them that they manifest into reality. Just leave your fate and future in the hands of divine.

32. AmitAlgotar profile image41
    AmitAlgotarposted 7 years ago

I am not great writer and cant elaborate my point to much. I just have a short and up to the point explanation to your question as below

(Jyotish Shashtra) Astrology is a pure science & Mathematics Combined......Its forecast is based on planetary positions. We all know that the gravitational force of every planet is different and as our body is made up of the 5 core basic elements i.e earth, water, fire, Air & Space and so we are definitely affected by the positions of planets.

We can easily be able to know the greatness and accuracy of Astrology from the fact that they had discovered the number of planets, their Colour, The core elements they represent based on its temperature and much more, thousands of years ago when there were no Telescope or any other scientific equipment.

So you must not loose hope or your belief on Astrology by meeting a pretender Astrologist who has, may be a bucket full of knowledge from the ocean of Astrology. 

If you still doubt Astrology leave your doubt and comment below and i will try my best to give a logical explanation to it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)