Do you have your own blog?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (22 posts)
  1. MountainManJake profile image67
    MountainManJakeposted 10 years ago

Do you have your own blog?

If so, why do you still write on HubPages?

2. Max Havlick profile image67
    Max Havlickposted 10 years ago

Three reasons come to mind,
    the best that I can find:
    new friendship, friendship kind,
    and friendship hard to find!

The most pretentiously big blog will still remain,
    however nicely drawn, one's personal domain,
    like your home residence where millions new,
    in the-o-ry, might come to you, but seldom do.

HubPages, meanwhile, runs a world-wide marketplace
    that random, new, creative unknown people grace
    and brim each day with fresh ideas and expressions
    to terminate at once the sourest man's depressions.

Have a good day,
    Wednesday, 3:30 p.m., May 8, 2013
    Max Havlick, Villa Park, Illinois 60181-1938

1. Kathryn Stratford profile image90
      Kathryn Stratfordposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That is a spectacular poem! I love it.

3. Kathryn Stratford profile image90
    Kathryn Stratfordposted 10 years ago

I just started a blog on Wordpress, and it is only for fun (not for money), and I have the freedom to write in a different style. It is for a different purpose than this site, and has a different feel.

4. mrpudgy profile image83
    mrpudgyposted 10 years ago

Yep. I still write on hubpages because I like some of what they have to offer. Things I write about that don't really fit onto one of my sites goes onto hubpages so that I can still make money off of my writing work.

I think of hubpages as my box of randomness. I run a paintball website, sword education website, and anime website. Anything that doesn't have a thing in common with those three sites gets written on HP.

5. LoisRyan13903 profile image61
    LoisRyan13903posted 10 years ago

Yes I have a couple on blogger and why do I still write on HP because of the earning potential.
    One of my blogs is a biblical commentary of the books of the Bible and while I am still on Genesis, it looks like it is going to be extensive.  Since I started writing on HP, I have been debating about putting these commentaries of HP.  If I do this, I am going to have to more or less delete that blog since I can't have duplicate content.  Or at least edit the posts to the first paragraph and put a back link to the article on HP.
    The other blogs are just personal so it probably would not do well on HP or even be allowed.

6. daisydayz profile image84
    daisydayzposted 10 years ago

Yep going on for 3 and a half years now. I even won welsh lifestyle blogger of the year last year! I write on HP because my blog is fashion and lifestyle based and tends to be quite personal whereas my HP articles are informative and very un-personal. I still make more money from my blog but what I make on HP is far more passive and I can go weeks without writing and still make money.

7. brianrock profile image84
    brianrockposted 10 years ago

I've got a few blogs on different topics. But they each have very clearly defined topics, and I like to write about other things as well.

So one reason why I still write at HubPages is that I want a place to publish articles about other topics that don't fit neatly into one of my own blogs.

A second reason I write at HubPages is for SEO. I write a lot of hubs that are related to the topics of my blogs, and then include links back to posts on those blogs for more information.

Finally, it's a way to diversify my income stream. You put all your eggs in one basket, and you lose. So it's better to have multiple places to write and publish rather than just one.

8. cebutouristspot profile image78
    cebutouristspotposted 10 years ago

hubpages community is great.  A lot of ideas here and the platform is cool smile

9. livewirez profile image71
    livewirezposted 10 years ago

I have a blog on blogger. Why I still write in hubpages? It is because I love the community here and hubpages platform is very easy to use.

10. rick combe profile image88
    rick combeposted 10 years ago

I do have a blog, but with HubPages more people see what I have written. I don't know if I have the HubPages team to thank for that or if my blog just isn't set up right, but my articles on HubPages have much more traffic. I also enjoy the community aspect of HP, giving and receiving comments on Hubs is fulfilling, as is answering and asking questions.

11. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 10 years ago

i have my own blog at blogspot.com but not earning much. I had open an account way early before i found HP. However, I am more active at HP than blogger. The adsense earning is in pitiful state.

12. wowtgp profile image60
    wowtgpposted 10 years ago

Yes I have my own blog. I love writing here because it's awesome place to be in and get some PR6 backlinks and few bucks. The second thing is, I can't write whatever I want on my blog, but I can do so here.

13. JimTxMiller profile image76
    JimTxMillerposted 10 years ago

I have a couple of blogs that are essentially books-in-progress, each with it's own particular theme and voice and only one of which is monetized through ads. I continue to write on HP because of the flexibility to address anything and everything that strikes my interests.

14. carol7777 profile image74
    carol7777posted 10 years ago

Writing on hubpages has many benefits...one being a showcase for writing and developing a portfolio.  I have a blog and it desperately needs some work. They work well together and you can cross promote.

15. Duchessoflilac1 profile image62
    Duchessoflilac1posted 10 years ago

I blog and have for years. I don't blog my professional writing on my blog. Hubpages is my non-fiction informational stuff. My blog is just my ramblings. I need to write both daily, but often cannot find the time. Hubpages doesn't get much of my personal stuff on it. Besides, I understand hubpages eventually pays. LOL

16. Beata Stasak profile image77
    Beata Stasakposted 10 years ago

I have three different blogs in different languages and for different purpose, but as the other great hubbers said here before the hubpages are irreplacable for me, do you ask why? I have already written hub about it so maybe you can stop by and see for yourself:

http://beatastasak.hubpages.com/hub/Wha … creativity

17. lorddraven2000 profile image91
    lorddraven2000posted 10 years ago

I have a blogger account and also a tumblr but mostly I use those to send links here to my hubpages.

18. profile image0
    Carolee Writesposted 10 years ago

I have several blogs, two HP accounts and a couple websites.

The articles I publish on HP are not necessarily enough for any particular niche as I write on many different topics, plus a blog does not earn you residual income the way HP does. I believe a successful blog is the one with a specific niche like my food blog. But if I don't get click on the ads or if someone doesn't buy something I earn nothing. HP income adds up each time someone views my page so I keep my hubs here for that reason.

Websites and blogs take a while for you to start earning anything so in the meantime having an HP account seems like the best option. BTW, this account that I am posting from is just for posting my creative writing while my primary account has over 180 articles.

19. relawshe profile image60
    relawsheposted 10 years ago

I have a couple blogs I've had for a few years now.  One is called "A Fit Body & A Faithful Heart" @ http://www.faithfulhearthealthybody.blogspot.com, which is filled with fitness & healthy eating tips & advice (and my personal fitness journey), and a personal blog about living a "small" life called "My Lovely Little Life" @ http://www.mylsquaredlife.blogspot.com

I write on Hubpages because I like the community here, where you can interact with other writers and learn from their hubs.  Usually when I'm blogging it feels like I'm just sending my words "out into the void", so it's nice to get feedback here on Hubpages and give feedback to others.

20. EyesStraightAhead profile image75
    EyesStraightAheadposted 10 years ago

Yes, I have a blog. I still write on HubPages because HubPages is not a blog. HubPages, in its terms of service, notes that it is not the place to share personal thoughts and such that one would share on a blog. Rather this is the place you come to share information that others may find useful.

If I go to a park and find the experience wonderful and think others may enjoy the park, then I can come to HubPages and share with all of you a hub about the park. However, I should not come here and share with you a hub about how teary eyed I got that my daughter no longer fit in the kiddy swing. There are some people who violate this policy, but they don't tend to stick around long because they realize there isn't any money in sharing your thoughts like that here on HubPages. Others have found unique and great ways of turning their personal experiences into great hubs that share information to help others.

21. krillco profile image87
    krillcoposted 10 years ago

Yes, I have two, one at Gentling.org and the other at bandbseminars.com
    I write differently at each place.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)