Has praying to God ever help you? Has your prayers every been answered?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (23 posts)
  1. rexy profile image57
    rexyposted 10 years ago

Has praying to God ever help you? Has your prayers every been answered?

2. Glasso profile image60
    Glassoposted 10 years ago

Prayers are always answered, sometimes not the way w would like them to. Praying to God helps me to trust Him more.It has been helpful: sometimes, I get what I ask for, sometimes I have to wait or I get "no" for an answer. Prayer allow us to get closer to God not just a wishlist.

1. rexy profile image57
      rexyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That is so true ... about the wishlist...

3. profile image0
    Ben Blackwellposted 10 years ago

Whenever I pray, I feel that the real help comes from me thinking about my situation and what I am praying about.  Usually, when I pray, I simply give thanks, but sometimes when I pray for something, I do receive a very subtle answer.

4. cynthiaalburo0322 profile image57
    cynthiaalburo0322posted 10 years ago

YES, many times but for the good of others. A "No" for us is not a rejection but a redirection.

5. profile image49
    animalscareposted 10 years ago

yes  and yes hes helped me a lot in my life

6. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 10 years ago

Yes and when he gives, he gives much more than we expect. The no answer that we may experience is for the very reason that something better is along right now.l

He has to answer right away sometimes so that one will keep the faith or it will be strengthened

God wants us happy and has no intentions of holding anything back from us.

We however must be in Christ, its not like you go to church come out and do evil then ask for something. God sees the heart and cannont be mocked.

7. Jesus1st profile image61
    Jesus1stposted 10 years ago

Since understanding why God answers prayer, and learning to pray for effect, I have never had a prayer go unanswered. Lots of times people think that God does not answer their prayers! When prayers go unanswered the reason is not that God didn't answer the prayer. The reason is that the one praying prayed in the wrong way and for the wrong reason.

You must first understand that God answers prayer in His own time, not your time. What you are praying for might not be the right time for the answer to come to past. If you give up on the prayer and take it back before it becomes a reality then it's your fault, ' not Gods' fault!

What have you been praying for? Obviously, you didn't receive the answer that you hoped for. God has the ability to answer prayer in ways that you don't expect Him to.

Also, how strong is your faith? If you're running on empty when it comes to faith, do not expect your prayers to be answered.

Here is an example that helped me to understand why God answers prayer. I heard an Evangelist say one time - If you can't believe God for a parking space how can you believe Him for something big, like a lot of money?

I started believing God for parking spaces. The first time that I did it there was a parking space waiting for me exactly where I asked for it to be. Every time now I pray for a space before I reach my destination, and it is always there where I asked for it to be. Since then I've moved up in my faith.

If you are not a spiritual person, you will never understand why prayer works, or not, since prayer is a spiritual thing.

John 4:24, in the Bible, tells us that "God is a Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth. Did you get it? Must worship Him in spirit and in truth. So, my question to you is, if your prayers are not being answered what are you "not"+- doing of what the Bible tells you to do. Are you worshiping God, or are you expecting something for nothing?

Think about it. If your prayers are not being answered it stops with you!

Consider this - when you received your driver license did you do it your way or the way the DOT told you to when you took your exam? Doing it your way, do you think you would have gotten that license? Absolutely not! So why do you respect worldly rules, and think that you can ignore the rules of God?

I pray this answers some of your questions. I realize that you have more, and that's good. It may cause you to seek a relationship with God, and Jesus Christ.

8. connorj profile image70
    connorjposted 10 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8106307_f260.jpg

Without a doubt, praying to God has been significantly helpful; however, He has helped my family without prayer also. I have come to relize that what some refer to as coincidences is indeed "the hand of God" at work. I believe He knows when I or my loved ones require assistance and in a most timely manner (his time) our prayers or perhaps I should say what is in our hearts is taken care of.
    I will never forget when my father suffered and died from pancreatic cancer. I was 22 at the time of his departure. My brother and I were concerned about my mother because my father did not have life insurance and my mother did not work. Out of the blue this developer comes along and eventually offered my mother $475,000 (because she was so attached to thehouse for sentimental reasons) for our 3 bedroom 2 bath, typical middle class bungalow. Most residents settled for $300,000... The money provided my mother with a comfortable, wonderful and convenient condo until the day she passed on. It is most interesting that the developer went bankrupt shortly after my mother received her funds. I visited our house in 2009 (the year my mother passed on), it was as it was when I grew up in it as a child. Preserved not unlike a museum...

9. AUPADHYAY profile image58
    AUPADHYAYposted 10 years ago

I think, it happened to me several times. But in those times when I lost all my hopes, it truly been answered ? Whether it has been answered by the almighty or not ? I don't know. But I have faith in almighty during all my problems and hardships more than in my happiness.

10. celafoe profile image54
    celafoeposted 10 years ago

All my prayers are answered.  Some in the way I wanted others in the way that was needed even though at the time I thought the answer would be different.
    Scripture says "if we ask, BELIEVING HE WILL ANSWER"  then He will answer, just sometimes His answer is different than what we expect.   I can give you hundreds of specific prayers that were answered and most people would not even believe, but that makes it no less true.
    many times people have answered prayer but do not believe the answer because it was not what they asked for.     He never promised to agree with you but He did promise to answer if you pray "believing".   And His answer is always the best answer, no matter what we think.

11. Darrell Roberts profile image71
    Darrell Robertsposted 10 years ago

Yes,

One Sunday after giving a friend a ride home from the temple. I realized my car was just about on empty and I really had not money in the bank. I was about to go in my house, but I decided to walk and chant in prayer instead.

I started chanting the Hare Krishna mantra and praying in my mind, the prayer was yikesh Krishna I know I am not really supposed to pray from money, but could you help me out, well it is up to you." I basically left it at that and kept chanting.

Then I ran into one of my friends who does taxes, he was leaving his office and we stopped to talk.  I realized that in my possession was the final piece of paper work I needed to get my taxes complete.  Mind you it was close to 11pm.  My friend was kind enough to take the paper work and said he would take care of my taxes and give me a call the next day.

The person who was previously doing my taxes did not work there any longer.  That person told me I was getting back about 48 dollars, which was not really exciting. 

The next day, my friend called me in the morning and said that he had both good news and bad news for me.  Well I like bad new first, so he told me that I had to pay x-amount of dollars to get my taxes done, I was thinking how wonderful, not really.  Anyway, he said the good news was that I would get back over 3,000 from my tax return.  Wow, I thought.  He explained that the person doing my taxes previously had made a mistake by filling in one of the boxes incorrectly.

I was thinking wow, Krishna answered my prayers very quickly.  I was relieved to hear of my good fortune.  It was also really nice that the person who went over my taxes was a friend of mine. 
    I was really happy because I seen this a a tangible result that I could quantify, and share the story with others.

I have a few other stories, but this one is my favorite.

Best wishes

1. rexy profile image57
      rexyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

wow that was wonderful.... would love to hear of more stories

2. celafoe profile image54
      celafoeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

the god of a hare krishna has a name, satan, it is not the Living God that you follow but the adversary.   he will take care of you until it is too late--at judgement you will join him, your god satan in the lake of fire.  repent now

12. Penny G profile image60
    Penny Gposted 9 years ago

YES! Over and over. I pray as if I have already received my answer, and Thank God in the name of Jesus. He has saved my children's lives, he has made them well when there was little hope. He has sent Angels. You must believe, you must turn it over to Jesus and step back. To keep trying to solve it yourself is like saying I don't really want you to help. Go ahead pay without ceasing, ask and you shall receive , pray as though it has been answered. Thank Our heavenly FATHER in the name of his son Jesus. No one comes to the Father but by him.

13. profile image0
    Commonsensethinkposted 8 years ago

I was a Christian until I was 17. I went through that stage that many teenagers go through - when your body starts to change and your attitudes are slow to react to it, and when alienation from the world sets in.

At the age of 15 and 16 I was going to church every Sunday, and praying, praying, praying when I got home.

What happened?

Nothing!

Nothing changed, nothing got better.

In fact things only started to get better when I threw religion out and looked at alternative explanations as to how the world worked. I became a pragmatist, an agnostic at first, an atheist later, and I have been one ever since (for 50 years now).

If there are problems you look at practical ways to resolve them. You look at the real world for good and bad (more often the latter rather than the former in my experience) and react accordingly, with your honour and self-respect intact, and try to find a way to come to terms with the issue. Always following a road that is legal, honest and respectful of the needs of others.

I think that as a result my life has been far more successful than it would have been if I continued down the hopeless road that I was following before I turned 17.

1. rexy profile image57
      rexyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for sharing your story ...

2. celafoe profile image54
      celafoeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

satan now has you.   You wanted to be your own god so God let you and that allows satan to take over.  All will be well with you and your god satan until the judgement when you will you join him in the lake of fire

14. profile image57
    prayerpoints2016posted 7 years ago

Yes, praying to God not only help me to overcome enemies of progress in my life , praying to God even made me a blessing. God answers my prayer. In the presence of those who thing I am nobody, the Lord God manifested self and made me somebody.
    Glory be to God in the heaven. I am serving a living God. Amen
    http://www.myprayerpoints.blogspot.com

15. Phil Morrow profile image58
    Phil Morrowposted 7 years ago

Yahweh has intervened in my life on several occasions. Put it this way, without His intervention I would be dead. He saved me not only physically but spiritually as well. He has and continues to answer my prayers. You can only receive His blessing within His plan. Yah Bless !

16. Sean Dragon profile image72
    Sean Dragonposted 6 years ago

I try, every day of my life, to be a constant prayer. Every thought, every word, every act to be a praise to His Glory. I am not asking for when I am praying; I thank God because I know that everything I need is already there for me, prepared by His Love. It is up to me to open the "gates" of my life and take what I need. So my prayers are always answered!

17. bhargvi sharma profile image36
    bhargvi sharmaposted 6 years ago

Yes, Indeed it does but what matters is how you pray?

18. Alan Grace profile image61
    Alan Graceposted 6 years ago

Prayers always works. If your are asking worldly things from God then just check within that are your prayers selfless? Or if you are suffering in your life then dont ask to solve the problem instead ask for strength to solve the problem. This will help you https://goo.gl/i9goW3

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)