What was the last thing that God asked you to do?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Christa Swope profile image35
    Christa Swopeposted 10 years ago

What was the last thing that God asked you to do?

Did you do it? Why or why not?

2. My Esoteric profile image86
    My Esotericposted 10 years ago

"Live the Live I gave you to fullest, just don't hurt anyone in the process"and "Don't worship Me, I am God, after all. and don't actually need it; I know how you feel about Me without any further action on your part."

1. My Esoteric profile image86
      My Esotericposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I meant "Live the Life ..."

3. Ericdierker profile image45
    Ericdierkerposted 10 years ago

I love this question. I really am a preacher teacher man. And so I prepare sermons and classroom teaching for every week. And I have to get all psyched up to read the Gospel to the congregation.
    All I do is study. I focus on the reading for the week. I pray and meditate on it.
    I have never ever written a sermon or a class syllabus.
    I just go to church and when and if God asks me to and tells me what to say I speak.
    Perhaps it is not so much God asking. Although I think that is right. But an "ask" from God is pretty much an order for me, I could never do that questioning stuff like the Apostles or Moses or Jeremiah.

4. ReneeDC1979 profile image59
    ReneeDC1979posted 10 years ago

I would say stop worrying - but of course this makes me want to really look back at my last couple of days.  I wonder if I am truly hearing his voice.  My journey to get closer to Him continues.  Thanks for the question.

5. thumbi7 profile image60
    thumbi7posted 10 years ago

"Consider your fellow beings as divine
    I live in them..."

6. The Stages Of ME profile image82
    The Stages Of MEposted 10 years ago

He asked me to trust Him and surrender and I did just that. I have been so blessed for my faith in His promise.  Every storm becomes easier as His yoke easy and His burden is light, therefore by my belief in His cross I am so joyful, wonderfully blessed, thankful and ready to praise and serve Him in all things.  Yes, that is it God asked me to trust Him.

7. sherrituck profile image80
    sherrituckposted 10 years ago

What a great question.  The last think that God asked me to do was to keep going because He isn't finished with me yet.

8. Inspired 4 U profile image67
    Inspired 4 Uposted 10 years ago

Finish my 3rd book.  I'm still working on it a year later due to procrastination and putting other people's projects, passions and purpose before my own.  What He really told me repeatedly for the past few years is to believe for and be as passionate about the desires of my heart as I am for other people's. I'm now learning to make me a priority because God is no longer allowing me to do otherwise without severe consequences.

1. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image60
      Jo_Goldsmith11posted 10 years agoin reply to this

A-Men, seems we both have the same message.
      Sending you blessings! Inspired 4 U..Shalom

9. profile image0
    Corolla98posted 10 years ago

He asked to make his heart rejoice. Do what is right.

10. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 10 years ago

He asked me to be born and to live. So I did it, and I still am. :-)

11. tsadjatko profile image64
    tsadjatkoposted 10 years ago

What was the last thing that God asked you to do? Won't know the answer to that until I'm dead.

12. RustyW profile image69
    RustyWposted 10 years ago

To love Him, as well as my fellow man...and be a good father.

13. someonewhoknows profile image74
    someonewhoknowsposted 10 years ago

Love your neighbor as yourself and put yourself in their shoes!

14. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image60
    Jo_Goldsmith11posted 10 years ago

There is never a *last thing* God requests of us to do. We are in a constant state of learning, growing, seeking and repenting. He has asked of me to follow Luke 6:38. And to be sure that what I do give, is truly a blessing for the one who is to receive it. God blesses us in so many ways. I am humbled by his love, grace and mercy. I will follow him for all eternity.

Shalom

1. tsadjatko profile image64
      tsadjatkoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Amen to that!

2. The Examiner-1 profile image60
      The Examiner-1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

The question probably related to the 'latest' or 'most recent' thing.

3. Christa Swope profile image35
      Christa Swopeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I asked the question because I know sometimes people (including myself) do not always respond immediately with obedience, and I can remember being in a place (almost like the Israelites in the dessert) when I was not doing what God had asked of me

15. Spongy0llama profile image82
    Spongy0llamaposted 10 years ago

I am not a religious person, but I have been curious about when/if God would find me, or when/if I would find him. He came to me last night and from then on I have decided to call him my Guiding Light. I am having a very difficult time right now as a Canadian au pair in Germany who is not only being overwhelmingly exploited by his guest family, but also has to suffer with them through their little baby's sickness.

My Guiding Light told me that my endless patience, understanding and generosity despite everything I am going through right now, despite the unfairness to me, is right and that I should feel proud and vindicated. I felt an overwhelming warmth and light wash over me and cling to my heart. From now on I will trust my Guiding Light to let me know when and if I'm on the right track. In this sense, I think God told me to give up selfish thoughts just long enough to get myself AND my guest family through this difficult time.

With time I am going to research religions to see if I can find anything that corresponds to my spiritual Guiding Light. I hope I have not offended anyone with my alternative outlook on God.

There are many gods, in my opinion. We can even make our television a god. What is a god? Something that you worship, whether it be with your time or whatever. I believe in the God who created the universe and everything in it.

2. BuffaloGal1960 profile image68
      BuffaloGal1960posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Don't worry about religion.  Just read God's Word. smile

16. d.william profile image74
    d.williamposted 10 years ago

I have never known any person who God has actually "spoken" to.
    Those who insist that God 'speaks' to them bear some scrutiny about their reasons for saying so.  And those depicted in history books are questionable at best.
    When we have an urge to do something nice, do we automatically believe that urge is something asked by God?
    Common sense and decency are not 'callings' from God.
    God demands nothing of humans, and the decisions to do something nice for others comes from one's innate sense of right and wrong - and knowing which path is best to follow for the good of the individual and the majority.
    Most people know what is right and what is wrong, and their decisions to follow either path is soon discovered, to their satisfaction, or their dismay.

17. Martin-ddp profile image80
    Martin-ddpposted 10 years ago

To answer this question, with a question. Does God ask you to do things or is it your subconscious, and how can you tell?

some things are in His word, other times it might be in a dream or a feeling. I have woken up with someone on my mind so strongly and just knew that God wanted me to go and talk to them. I have felt God convicting me to be more disciplined.

18. SylviaSky profile image93
    SylviaSkyposted 10 years ago

"Stop worrying," the inner message said. "Trust me. I will take care of everything."

19. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 10 years ago

The most recent thing God has asked me to do is to start forgiving my Dad for disrespecting my Mother when she died by not grieving at all.  He was engaged within three weeks.  I'm willing to try, which is a giant step forward after almost a year, but it's all in my head and my heart is lagging way behind. BTW, when God speaks it is usually a still, small voice you don't hear so much as feel.

20. profile image0
    swilliamsposted 10 years ago

God constantly reminds me to trust in Him.

21. BuffaloGal1960 profile image68
    BuffaloGal1960posted 10 years ago

God asked me to be the friend of someone who I did NOT want to even talk to.

22. minagil profile image59
    minagilposted 10 years ago

He asked me to be the voice of reason and strength in my family and I had been avoiding it for along time because I was to afraid of being the center of attention.  So, I was forced in an awkward position.  I didn't want to do it but I had to.  Alot of things have happened in our family and it's always been swept under the rug.  Lot's of gossip and backstabbing and no one really talking about it or saying how they felt about certain situations.  So, God lead me into a situation where I had to stand up on my own to feet and expose some of the lies and I did.  From that point on I hadn't spoken to my mom or any of my family members.  I left home.  I had no place to go, no job, and no money.  I was stranded.  My mom just seemed content on throwing me out.  But this all was a time of growth learning and perseverance for me.  God wanted me to go through something so that I would build the strength to say what he wanted me to say and this is what I had been avoiding for so long.  However, he is still working on me.  I haven't made it there yet.  Still have a lil ways to go.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)