Wow, what hit HubPages?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (42 posts)
  1. Faith Reaper profile image83
    Faith Reaperposted 9 years ago

Wow, what hit HubPages?

I went to have my hair cut at 4:30 p.m. and my score here was at 93 and, now, two hours later, is fell 9 points to 84?  How in the world can it drop that much in two hours?  Has anyone's dropped a good bit in the past few hours that you've noticed?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 9 years ago

I went from 98 to 95 within the past few hours... thought that was a little weird.

Faith Reaperposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Well, it sure does not make any sense to drop so much on a short time.

3. pstraubie48 profile image81
    pstraubie48posted 9 years ago

Drop here too  98 to 92 since about 4ish this pm.

Yes, it seemed to have hit around that time.

4. Au fait profile image84
    Au faitposted 9 years ago

I've noted that several of the highest ranking (hub score wise) hubbers have had drops of 3 or more points to their hubber scores.  Mine has dropped from  98 to 94 also.  Must be the new ranking system that Paul E. talked about kicking in.

Well, maybe it is HubPages-wide.

5. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
    Phyllis Doyleposted 9 years ago

I signed off after lunch. My score was 96.  When I logged back on a few hours later, my score had dropped 5 points.  Yes, a little weird ...

Hi Phyllis, that is a big drop too. Wow ...

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
      Phyllis Doyleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Ah - I just read Maria's forum thread about Hubber scores and the changes. It is site wide.

3. Faith Reaper profile image83

I just saw another forum about the new algorithm and hubber scores ..wee

6. ChristinS profile image39
    ChristinSposted 9 years ago

There was a forum post by Marina earlier today letting us know that this was going to happen this afternoon and that many of us would see a big drop.  I think these scores are so ridiculously implemented.  It's hard to know what to do when there are never clear directions given on how to get a high score.  Ambiguity at best anytime staff talk about scores and all it does is cause more discouragement when morale is low enough around here lately.

Thanks Christin, yes, for sure.

7. bravewarrior profile image86
    bravewarriorposted 9 years ago

Yep, mine's dropped four points. I wouldn't have known had you not posted this question. Bummer.

Bummer ...sorry.

8. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 9 years ago

Mine dropped ten points, so sad but will it affect the earnings?

1. The Examiner-1 profile image60
      The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Not unless your traffic changes.

2. Faith Reaper profile image83

Yes, mine dropped drastically too. The earnings should not if you are still getting views.

3. The Examiner-1 profile image60

That is what I meant by traffic - views. I had views (on GA) which were only partial, w/o comments.

4. Faith Reaper profile image83

Comments ...they don't matter but views from outside matter. But new scoring is not based on that it seems?

9. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 9 years ago

I noticed that mine had dropped 6 points in about the same length of time but I also noticed that one of my Hubs was unfeatured - due to traffic loss. Did you check all of your Hubs - including links, etc. - to see whether there were any changes in them?

Wow, HP implemented the new hub scoring process. Yesterday, I had to fix some broken links but all my hubs are featured.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image60

Did you read the two updates/newsletters about the HubScore?

Must have missed them?

4. The Examiner-1 profile image60

You can find one on the right side of HubPages under 'Hub of the Day'. Try the past newsletters for the other.

10. Sarahredhead profile image83
    Sarahredheadposted 9 years ago

Even after winning awards and editors choice, my score has never been that high. It keeps dropping. I have never quite understood how all of that works, so I just do my best and keep going!

Yes, I don't think anyone ever will.

11. Anna Haven profile image72
    Anna Havenposted 9 years ago

Mines has dropped 6 since I last logged in a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was because I hadn't been on for a while but maybe not.

That is a good drop. I've seen some not publish on six months or even a year and their score never seems to drop. Who knows?

12. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 9 years ago

Yes Faith, it is HPs new system. Mine dropped from 96 to 90, then to 89 where it settled. They say scores are no longer based on external or internal traffic and mainly only on hub quality (but there is a lot of conjecture over what HP classes as quality after the HubPro blog post recently). I hope the Hubber scores don't continue to fall. I have read a few people say their Hubber scores have actually risen, but there doesn't seem many of them.

Hi Jodah, wow, that is a big drop too. Yes, now I do remember reading about that, but thought it had gone into effect LOL ... much to my surprise. Yes, a lot of conjecture for sure!!! I see I dropped one more ...Interesting some rose.

2. Jodah profile image91
      Jodahposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Now about 1/4 of my hubs are no longer featured due to low traffic. Plenty of work to do, oh well.

Hi Jodah, I saw about four or five half circles on my hubs, so all I did was change the title, and they are good to go now after I shared on social media too.  You should be alright.

4. Jodah profile image91
      Jodahposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Ok thanks Faith, I'll try that.

13. Venkatachari M profile image83
    Venkatachari Mposted 9 years ago

Why did my score drop from 89 to 67 all of a sudden. It dropped by 22 points. I find most of my hub scores above 73 and some are above 80. Only 2 are below 67.

Hi Ven,  Wowzers!!!  That is the biggest drop that I've heard of yet.  I know, my individual hub scrores are good, but maybe I need to check again.

14. lawrence01 profile image63
    lawrence01posted 9 years ago

Mine didn't change much. Maybe a one point drop

That is great Lawrence.  You must be doing something right here!

2. lawrence01 profile image63
      lawrence01posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Or maybe they just didn't notice me! I did notice that my latest hub didn't score so highly when I released it (but it may just be as it's only been there about a day)

15. Say Yes To Life profile image78
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 9 years ago

When I first started with HubPages 3 years ago, I started with a score of 75.  Currently I rank around 90, give or take a few points.
    I recently opened a new HubPages account under my pen name, Ana Kolomeka, so I could post my ebook for educators to review.  I started off with a Hubber score of 27, and it sank down to 17.  Then it skyrocketed to 85!

Wow, that is interesting for sure! Thank you for sharing of your experience.  I am dropping into the abyss it seems ... My last hub has a high score with tons of views and all up arrows, but I keep dropping.  I have not been able to publish as much.

2. Say Yes To Life profile image78
      Say Yes To Lifeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Maybe it is how often you publish, or how much activity you do.  My score on this site has dropped 4 points over the past few days; I've been too busy working on my book and my other site to come here much.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)