Pipe Bombs and White Powdered Substances, Oh my!!

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (166 posts)
  1. peoplepower73 profile image89
    peoplepower73posted 5 years ago

President Trump, you have done it this time with your fake news, enemy of the people, and blame the democrats for everything rhetoric.

It started with a package containing a live pipe bomb and white powder substance dropped off at George Soros house.

Then mail detection equipment found packages with live pipe bombs and white powder addressed to  CNN, Clinton's, Obama's, Brennan, and  Eric  Holder all with the return address to Debbie Wasserman Shultz.  Eric Holder's had the wrong address and the package was actually delivered to her Florida Campaign Office.

What is the common denominator here?  They are all democrats.  You Trump supporters may think that it was a false flag set-up by the left wing. But these were all live explosives. If they were denoted in the presence of the addressees, It would be quite a sacrifice to blow up the people you support...give me a break.

I hoping if they catch the person(s) who created this, that he says he was inspired by Trump's hate of  the left.  Perhaps then Trump will stop his hate filled lies, exaggerations, accusations, proclamations, and promotion of violence in his rallies, tweets, and press conferences...One can only hope for the good of the country.

1. dianetrotter profile image62
      dianetrotterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

What is most concerning to me is the unwillingness for GOP congressmen and white evangelical pastors who support him  to not condemn his relentless attacks and lies.  I'm sure Trump does not know who is doing the bombs.  The person is deranged and surely agrees with the hateful things coming out of his mouth at rallies..  The person could well have attended one of those rallies.........

peoplepower73posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Dianne:  Trump should be held accountable for his violent hate filled, lying rhetoric, but sadly, there is no mechanism to do that and he knows it...so he continues.

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good point.  People aren't responsible for their actions - Trump made me do it!  It's almost as good as "Well, he did it so I can too!".

As excuses for poor behavior, they're great.  As reasons for such behavior, not so much, but both are certainly gaining ground in our country.  No one is responsible for themselves, or their actions, any more.

2. dianetrotter profile image62

Anyone afraid to speak because of the security of the job should be voted out.

2. Credence2 profile image78
        Credence2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

You already know that, Diane. The white evangelical pastors are more concerned about Trump based conservatism that has nothing to do with the precepts of their religious faith. That has been evident for some time. How else would their attack on  Obama, the epitome of a "family man" with a philanderer like Trump on a pedestal, be compared?

1. dianetrotter profile image62

Cred, I send responses to some of Robert Jeffries and Franklin Graham's tweets which certainly don't have a Christian tone.  Thank God there are white evangelical pastors and prominent people that are speaking out.  However, they have few followers and few retweets.  I believe the Lord is showing us Christians the man in the mirror.  Several pastors have written compelling editorials about this issue.  It's a whole 'nother topic so I will stop here.

2. Aime F profile image70
      Aime Fposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Let’s be honest, even if they found who sent the packages and he was a registered Republican with a MAGA tattoo we’d still be hearing all about how it was probably just a liberal very committed to pretending to be a conservative.

Aime F:  The right loves conspiracy theories where they can blame it on the left.  Trump loves to originate them, thereby inspiring others to do it as well.  He doesn't care whether they are ever proven, it is just a way of inspiring his base.

1. profile image0
          Ed Fisherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It is no conspiracy to blame the majority of violent rhetoric on your party- the left  , All you have to do is listen to the Antifa's scream as loud as the CNN hosts do !   Liberals have been screaming "burn it down " since the sixties in America and likely before even then.

We will await the evidence , at least real America will , while the left invents it's own reality . That which you are all so good at .    If it turned out to actually be Ted Kaczynski  CNN and the leftist media  lab -rats that listen to them will find a way to make it a Trump  impeachment  reason  # $493 . Fear not !

1. Valeant profile image86
            Valeantposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Await real evidence?  Yeah, right.  Many of the comments from the Trump cult were about how it was a paid plot from the Democrats to send themselves bombs to swing the election.  Now that we see how it is a die-hard Trump supporter, Trump's angry rhetoric towards his political enemies is having real-world consequences that puts American lives at risk.  Trump's response, go tweet negatively towards CNN at 3am the next morning after they were sent a bomb.  Completely irresponsible and shameful.

2. MizBejabbers profile image87
        MizBejabbersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hear, hear!

3. dianetrotter profile image62

Mario Cuoma made comments I wholeheartedly agree with this morning.  Pundits should stop saying what "Trump should say."  He is Trump and will bee Trump.  Appeals should be made to the American people to not celebrate divisiveness and come together to support our country.  I hope his advice wlll be followed.  Well, it looks like someone has been arrested.

1. MizBejabbers profile image87

Yes, the FBI has just held a press conference. His name is Cesar Sayoc, and his van is covered in political stickers, ALL REPUBLICAN. After getting lawyered up Sayoc is saying that "the bombs wouldn't harm anybody" and that "he doesn't want anybody to get hurt." He claims that he doesn't know if there are more out there besides the 13 now found.

The FBI says the bombs are not a hoax and are referring to them as "IEDs".

I think it is disgraceful that some of the writers on HubPages have come out saying that it "probably was a Democrat posing as a Republican." This includes two or three of whom I have respected and actually enjoyed debating. I'm sorry to have to say this, but those accusations have caused me to lose respect for these writers whom I believed to be level-headed, but misled. This also shows just how low Trump supporters will go to make up untrue statements and accusations because they really don't have a leg to stand on to defend his big mouth.

"This also shows just how low Trump supporters will go..."

That is intended to gain respect from the run-of-the-mill Trump supporter, right?  Because all 100 million of them are bottom of the barrel, right?

1. JAKE Earthshine profile image68
            JAKE Earthshineposted 5 years agoin reply to this

First of all there's not 100 million of them and yes, at this point if a gullible individual is still a Bozo Trump Fan he or she is indeed the 'bottom of the barrel': Sorry, but that's just the truth:

1. profile image0
              PrettyPantherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hey, Jake, you probably know that I am quite hard on anyone who still defends or supports Trump after all that has transpired.  However, I must take issue with your statement that anyone who is still a Trump fan is the "bottom of the barrel."  I have a brother-in-law who is genuinely a good person, but is not very bright and easily swayed by Trump's tough-guy rhetoric.  I don't think he's the bottom of the barrel, just not bright or savvy enough to resist the low-hanging emotional fruit that Trump throws out there. 

I will say that if you're above average intelligence and still support and defend Trump, then you're probably not a very nice person.  Just my opinion and I'm sure I'll get grief for it, but I don't care.  If you are okay with this man as President, and you have an I.Q. above 105 or so, then you're complicit with his ugliness.  It's time to renounce him.  He is not worthy of America.  He is a disgusting, lying POS.

We all know that Trump uses hate filled and sometimes violent rhetoric in his tweets, rallies, and interviews. If you don't think that then you are living under a rock.  The problem is Trump needs to be held accountable for all that rhetoric.  But who is going to tell Trump to cool it...?

I don't believe he has the ability to look inward and take responsibility for his own actions.  It is no coincidence that the bomb makers' van is plastered with memes that correspond to Trump enemies as well as his critics.

I challenge anybody who thinks CNN is fake news to watch it until they see something fake come up.  I venture to say they would probably be watching for hours or even days. 

Trump has no right demeaning the MSM and calling it the fake news and the enemy of the people.  I know he has the right based on the first amendment, but he lacks the moral imperative to take responsibility for his actions. It is not in his DNA. 

What will it take?  Maybe next time the bomber will install detonating devices...Will that bring Trump to his senses?  So much for blaming a left wing conspiracy, false flag!!!  But somehow, Trump will still try to blame the democrats and the left wing as he does for everything.

1. profile image0

" What will it take next time the bomber will install detonating devices .........." WHAT , no bombs !
                  But he didn't did he Peoplepower?

Ed: What's your point?  He still scared the hell out of a lot of people.  My point is maybe next time, the bombs wont be harmless, because they will include detonating devices.

By the way how do you feel about Trump now?  So much for your left wing conspiracy!  But knowing you, I'm sure you think Trump should continue his hate filled messages and you probably think the left is somehow still connected to this bomber.

2. hard sun profile image77
                hard sunposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. This echoes my sentiments exactly about Trump supporters.

3. dianetrotter profile image62

I have several good friends who fully support him based on what they are being taught in their predominantly white congregation in Crossfield Tennessee and watching Pat Roberts.  They are good people; however, they have faith in their pastors' judgment.

I read an article about why many support Trump.  One reason is that they didn't want HRC under any circumstances.  Many white men feel like their lack of success is atributable to Black people getting opportunities.  There is a lot of racial hostility as we can see on social media - TV not so much.  The us vs them thing is a really divisive issue.  Many like the way he talks Sugar Honey Iced Tea.

Thank you.

Why should I want respect from run of the mill Trump supporters? They are nobody's friends but Trumps.

2. profile image0
    Ed Fisherposted 5 years ago

So immediately all of the blame goes to Trump ?

Ed:  Yep, he needs to stop doing everything I outlined in my last paragraph.  He has to stop doing it for the good of the country.  If he doesn't, it is only going to get worse, because he is emboldening his supporters to lie and promote violence, just like he does.  He serves as their role mode.  If King Trump can do it, so can we.

What is really scary and what really blows my mind is that his supporters don't even care about his baseless behavior.  They are focused on "results."  So what if some high ranking democrats get blown up by Trump inspired terrorist, as long as he makes American Great Again.  Long live King Trump.

2. profile image0
      promisemposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It's very simple. As President, he has a responsibility to condemn all acts of political violence on either side and not inflame it or applaud it.

promisem:  There is no way to hold him accountable, other than impeachment; and that isn't going to happen.

1. profile image0

It will if the economy tanks, his approval rating drops under 30%  and Republicans think he is a threat to their re-election efforts.

2. GA Anderson profile image90
        GA Andersonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

... and he has done just that - now. Condemned this perpetrator and all political violence.

GA

1. profile image0

Yes, now, finally, after applauding other violence. And he also blamed the media, once again.

3. profile image0

Peoplepower , I've said before and apparently you don't feel that most violence is incited , promoted and perpetrated from the left in America .   What , Trump's bully -political rhetoric is just so foreign to the left that they are able to ignore those like Maxine Waters ? Liberal professors promoting the campus activism ?   The Antifa and BLM promoters ?   Your party favorite the divisivity of the media activists bent on destroying even the first amendment ?

Why is it most others see it Peoplepower , for all we know , at this point, it's a liberal activist that sent these pipe bombs to effect the mid- term  elections.

Ed:  So your logic is you "believe" that most violence is perpetrated by the left, therefore since they create most of the violence, the pipe bombs had to be created by someone from the left.  Did it ever occur to you that all it takes is one person, left, right, or in the middle?

Apparently you don't watch Trump rallies where he promotes violence by saying "beat the crap out of them and I'll pay for it"; or praising the governor of Montana for body  slamming a reporter, when the reporter asked him a question.  You don't think there are people in those rallies that would be inspired by that kind of violent rhetoric? 

So it has to be somebody or a group from the left.

All these victims have one thing in common: they were all attacked by Trump in the media. The media he calls "fake news" and uses to incite his Trump-stumpers. No, Ed, it appears that he pushed some right wing mentally disturbed person over the edge with his rhetoric. It does not make sense that the Democrats would sacrifice the backbone of their party with something this potentially tragic.

1. profile image0

Oh yes it does make sense that a leftist would do this ,ever heard of political capital ?    Otherwise democrats are about to lose mid terms Bigly !

4. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 5 years ago

The news I've heard is that Trump has, unequivocally, denounced this and called for unity. Of course, no one wants to address that.

1. profile image0

I can address it. Yes, you are right, he denounced it, and that's a good thing.

It's also ironic for him to denounce it when he is a major part of the problem.

1. Live to Learn profile image61
        Live to Learnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

If we don't give credit where due, sometimes people develop a damned if I do, damned if I don't attitude.

LTL: It did ring hollow because, he never mentioned the names of a single person who was targeted, because they are all his enemies.  He has demeaned every single one of them who were targeted.  If he did mention them, it would be seen as an apology, but Trump never apologizes for anything...ever!

2. profile image0

I agree as a general idea, but I have trouble with this specific example.

If he hadn't applauded that Congressman for assaulting the reporter and hadn't consistently used inflammatory rhetoric, he might not be damned if he does on this one.

2. wilderness profile image95

The Chicage Tribune did...immediately followed by quotes from idiot congressmen saying it "rang hollow".

1. profile image0

Right. And that's what responsible media does, including the highly conservative Chicago Tribue.

They report both sides of an issue. It's called balanced reporting.

It's also not what cable news does.

I don't see "responsible" as encouraging violence, myself.  And that's exactly what their comment does.

It may be "balanced", at least if the article is about reaction to the bombs rather than being about the bombs themselves, but it's not "responsible".

1. profile image0

In what way does calling Trump's comment hallow -- which it is -- encourage violence?

Balanced is responsible. It's about giving people alternative viewpoints so they can make up their own minds.

Otherwise, it would be exactly what you condemn media for being -- one sided.

You can't have it both ways.

I'm sorry, but if you don't understand how saying Trump didn't mean to stop the violence can affect the mentally ill person that sent those bombs, I can't help you.  Assuming, of course, that it was someone on the far right fringe politically.

"It may be "balanced", at least if the article is about reaction to the bombs rather than being about the bombs themselves..."

Wilderness:  Pictures this: Trump in his rallies, criticizing people who are his enemies saying "beat the crap out them and I'll pay for it";  praising a governor of a state for body slamming a reporter in front of not only the people in the rallies but the millions watching on TV.  And you believe that is not going to inspire some one to target Trump's enemies with pipe bombs? 

It turns out everyone who was targeted are people who criticized  Trump in one form or another. 

News Flash 1:  Joe Biden and  Robert De Nero have just received pipe bombs...more of Trump's enemies. Of course, Trump and the right wing will try to blame it on the democrats and the left wing, as they always do.

News Flash 2:  None of the bombs received thus far have a means of detonation.  This means they are intended to just scare their intended targets; or they could be a warning as to what is yet to come!

Trump condemns the violence in the afternoon, then at 3am the next morning, sends more texts critical of CNN.  Literally, the day after they received a bomb threat from one of his crazy supporters.  Completely irresponsible and negligent on the part of Trump.  So, rings hollow seems more than appropriate, Dan.

3. IslandBites profile image90
      IslandBitesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

He did. Only to later blamed the media. I guess he forgot the call for unity... One would think "no one" wants to address that. smile

4. MizBejabbers profile image87

Probably because they doubt his sincerity. He has given us enough hate rhetoric to doubt any sincerity on his part.

God for you. Making it clear that nothing anyone says will change your negative opinion. You go girl.

5. MizBejabbers profile image87

That was a couple of days ago. Today he is back denouncing the media and putting all blame on them. If the media did not cover his rantings, he would be furious at them for not doing so.

1. profile image0

Don't you find it  at least interesting that there are no trigger devices  in any of these pipe bombs ?

6. Jean Bakula profile image93
      Jean Bakulaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

He calls for Unity and in the same breath starts trumping up fear about the caravan. Or else he mocks a liberal by calling them a mean nickname. Every rally is a violent affair. Calling the press "The Enemy of the People" is wicked and all this talk of "fake news" begun by Kelly Ann Conway was designed to get people so scared all they would believe is Trump. It hasn't worked.

Now that we know the bombs were place by a right wing fanatic who had attended Trump rallies, it has to be acknowledged that Trump's politics of fear and hate are giving license to people to act in the worst possible ways.

I'm going to have to disagree and agree. I think Trump does go overboard, in some ways. I also have ample evidence that the media misconstrues his words and intent so often that to believe it is other than by intent would be naive.

I also think to blame Trump, solely, for the atmosphere ignores so many other factors. It's a bit like me blaming my coffee creamer use for my extra weight. Thinking, 'if I could just drink my coffee black, I'd lose that 20 pounds'.

The echo chamber of the internet must be grappled with. The divisive nature of our political system must be grappled with. Journalists (and I use the term loosely) like Alex Jones and Don Lemon must be grappled with. You can boot Trump out of office and I guarantee you the climate will not change.

As to the caravan. I think if this spectacle effects real work by our Congress on immigration reform and securing a very porous border it will be a positive. I have noticed in life that sometimes a hissy fit is what it takes to bring attention to a problem which requires that attention. Drastic measures by one cause others to step up and participate in creating the solution all can live with. We live in a democracy but when some shirk their duty too long it can take a shove to make them do their jobs again. I think that is all most on the right really want; for Congress to do their jobs on this issue.

LTL:  All it takes is one lit match to create a forest fire.  In my book, Trump is the arson.  Look at the guy who sent the pipe bombs.  They were all to Trump's critics. Right now an unregulated militia of good old boys are headed to the border in Texas to protect their people from the bad guys.

http://a.msn.com/01/en-us/BBPiGxA?ocid=st

These women think that Trump is going to protect them from the "invasion  of the caravan."  Trump has led them to believe they are going to be raped and pillaged by a caravan made up, of men, women, and children.

http://a.msn.com/01/en-us/BBPiuou?ocid=st

1. profile image0

And, trying to equate Don Lemon to Alex Jones is part of the problem. One peddles outrageous false conspiracy theories (like Sandy Hook is a hoax), and the other offers opinion based on facts. They couldn't be more different, both in content and tone.

Edit: Is it just me or is that picture in the article really creepy? It looks like a lineup of bleached blond stepford wives. LOL

2. Live to Learn profile image61

Yes. Let's use the crazy one off and a few ignorant women to decide anger, lies and innuendo are justified.

I do, honestly, attempt to find the reason in arguments I disagree with because solutions have to take into account everyone's reasonable concerns. You guys make it harder and harder to think reason trumps emotion for you.

5. profile image0

You are all wrong if you assume the president has MORE responsibility than the people who hand feed the actual presidential news to us .  You should stop  acting like lab-rats for such a biased news media  , scurrying to feed on the last morsels of a dying and fully combative news media who's  scrambling to become the newest and most powerful political force IN America !

The CNN's are our real enemies.

To say a group of Americans who work in media are your enemies makes you a traitor to this nation.  It's that simple.

1. hard sun profile image77

That is the absolute truth. Yet, it seems Trumpians have it backwards. If you say anything negative about the fuhr..I mean President, you are a traitor. And, I'm not talking about stating he is the enemy of the people, just simply stating you don't like the guy gets you labeled as an un-American enemy...just like Trump wants it.

6. profile image0

Anyone remember the good ole days when we the people believed the President and questioned the media ?   Let's see ........somewhere around  1950 ?

USA Pravda wins again .

Ed:  Having the people question the media and having the POTUS calling them the fake news and enemy of the people; and then choosing sides is not the same thing as the 1950's.  He is using that tactic to his advantage. 

You haven't learned yet, whatever Trump says or does is always to his advantage.  He is just covering his proverbial a** as he always does.

7. profile image0

"Hate Rhetoric " ?
    -  Maxine Waters
    -  Joe"Behind the barn  Boxer" Biden
    -  Nancy Pelosi
    -  Bobby Deniro
    -  Kamala Harris
    -  Rosey O'donnell
    -  Celebrities everywhere ...........
    -...........................?

Ed:  Hate Rhetoric =  TRUMP

His hate rhetoric, trumps all of those you have mentioned, no pun intended.  He is the counter-puncher in chief.  He is not going to let anybody be better than him when it comes to counter-punching with hate rhetoric.  He just won't allow it.  It's not in his DNA.

1. profile image0

Peoplepower , Yet , you just admitted it , "....he is not going to let anyone be better than him ...."    So finally someone admits hate rhetoric from the left , I agree , He won't let the media , the leftist leaders , anyone be better than him .

Finally , Thank you , that has been like pulling teeth on a sick lion !

8. profile image0

Steve Scalise calls out news media to take their share of responsibility for the hate and violence rhetoric .   

That which the left is in total denial about !

9. profile image0

https://hubstatic.com/14265863.jpg

Jees !

10. profile image0

Peoplepower , First , Not ONE bomb went off , second FBI is now saying the " The moment they found a finger print , we knew we would find our guy ....." seriously , Peoplepower , are you afraid , were you afraid  ?
    Come on !
    The entire history of this guys recidivism alone ????????????

Ed:  No, I wasn't afraid, but I will bet you dollars to doughnuts, the people who were targeted were afraid and that was his goal to make them afraid, even to the point of uncertainty as to what was going to happen next.  The authorities are calling it an act of terrorism.  That must count for something.

1. profile image0

Todays "authorities " ?  Like all of Obama's deep state political reactionaries are so attuned to being ideologically weak kneed that nothing surprises me .

And How close do YOU think any of the "targets " were to their mail rooms Peoplepower ? Really , look past the politics and the POLITICAL timing of this ?

You I know are smarter than this !

11. profile image0

What Number now # 494 ?
    Your anger is still so bogus ! The mileage that democrats are attempting to gain from "The bomber with no bombs" is so predictable , Notice everyone-- the amount  of USUAL hate against Trump and followers as the media and celebrities notch up their prevailing winds of hate to new levels ?

This week , one more hate Trump day ?

Yet , None of you is speaking to your own partisan hate ?  You've hated Trump from day one with your news media in pocket !  Speak to that anyone ? No , only about impeachment reason # 494 ,  From this guys first packages it has been obvious that he couldn't wire a Christmas tree , so much for "terror ".

Hate on  Liberals . The truth about who's to blame has been marching in the streets since before Trump's inauguration , So lets talk about a democratic candidate ,..........Madonna ?
    " I've Thought an Awful Lot about blowing up the ..............."?

12. profile image0

Promisem ,
    Madonna , "I've thought an Awful Lot About Blowing up the White House "........................?

Johnny Depp " When Was The Last Time an Actor Assassinated a President " ......................?

Anything there ..........?

1. profile image0

Was Madonna the President of the United States at some point?

1. profile image0

That matters ....How ?

Hate is hate .

13. profile image0

There has been an absolute seriousness to celebrities and the media promoting them NEVER before seen in not only  an election ,BUT in a friendly media ,...........accountability there , blame there ?

None.

Ed:  You want to talk about hate.  Let's talk about how much you hate liberals, Hillary, and Obama, et al.

Yes, I hate Trump because he is a despicable human being and is morally defective on so many levels. He  can't even take responsibility for inspiring this nut case, instead he blames the media for using this guys actions to hurt him...and yet he wants civility and unity...what a hypocrite!

Everything is about him.  I will repeat, he will never, never, never admit to being wrong about anything.  Even now that  the motive is plastered all over this guys van.  His van was a mobile advertisement for how much he loves Trump and hates democrats and those he targeted.

I don't care how you try to rationalize this into blaming the democrats, it isn't  going to work.  He is a Trump inspired nut case.  Trump has no one to blame but himself.  Trump has no moral imperative when it comes to the truth, because he knows he can't be held accountable for lying. 

Who is going to tell him to stop his hate filled, violence promoting speech and that it is not good for the country?  We are taught not to lie because sooner or later it will catch up with us.  But it will never catch up with Trump because, like a king, he is at the top.  Who will tell the king he is wrong?  Who will be the next Trump; inspired nut case?

"Who is going to tell him to stop his hate filled, violence promoting speech and that it is not good for the country?"

Certainly not the people that do the same thing:

"he is a despicable human being"

"morally defective on so many levels.

"He  can't even take responsibility for inspiring this nut case"

"what a hypocrite!"

"Yes, I hate Trump"

"he will never, never, never admit to being wrong about anything"

"Trump has no moral imperative when it comes to the truth"

"his hate filled, violence promoting speech"

"But it will never catch up with Trump because, like a king, he is at the top."

LOL  And you talk about hate speech!

Wilderness:

I am just being truthful.  Trump is not truthful.  He operates everyday on lies.  There is no such thing as the fake news and the enemy of the people.  America has always been great,  He uses a phrase from Hitler's period when Germany was really not great after the effects of WWI. 

Trump is a master propagandist who has all you people believing him.  You people can't handle the real truth.  I challenge you to watch CNN until you hear or see something fake or makes you believe they are the enemy of the people, then stop.  I bet you will be watching for a long time before you have to stop.

Please tell me I'm wrong about what you listed that I wrote in your previous reply.

"I am just being truthful."

Sure you were.  And so is Trump...according to him.  Truthful in your opinionated hate speech, as you decry hate speech by anyone else. 

Your hate filled tirade is exactly what I said: hate speech in response to what you view as hate speech.  Nothing more.

As I've said before, "He did it so I can too" makes a reasonable excuse for poor behavior, but as a reason it is 100% out of line.

Wilderness:  No the difference is Trump is not being truthful, even if he you say "according to him.". There are his tweets, videos, and other forms of communications that prove otherwise. 

Do you think he really believes the media is fake and the enemy of the people?...I think he knows better.  I didn't say it because "so he can then so can I."  I said it because I don't like the man for all of the reasons I stated.  He does not inspire me at all to be like him.

Here is what you listed I said:

he is a despicable human being- for lying and exaggerating truth

"morally defective on so many levels.- Having affairs with so many women while still being married

"He  can't even take responsibility for inspiring this nut case" - The truth

"what a hypocrite!" - the truth

"Yes, I hate Trump" - the truth

"he will never, never, never admit to being wrong about anything" - how many times have you heard him say he is wrong about anything?

"Trump has no moral imperative when it comes to the truth" - the truth

"his hate filled, violence promoting speech" - Just watch his rallies and his press conferences

"But it will never catch up with Trump because, like a king, he is at the top." - Who do you think is going to stop him from lying and exaggerating, and promoting violence?

"No the difference is Trump is not being truthful, even if he you say "according to him.""

Neither are you.  Half of that list is your opinion only and the other half is blown out of any reasonable proportion.  The first two, for instance, are purely opinion, and the second is spun into something evil, when the truth is that he is NOT responsible and thus should not be taking responsibility anyway.  The rest of the list is similar; either opinion or grossly exaggerated/spun comments with very little regard to reality.

I stand by my opinion; your rants and hate speech is no different than his is, and that you can validate it in your own mind is no different than what he does.  Two peas in the same pod, then.

Wilderness:   Oh good then you do agree that he does have hate speech. You think we are two peas in the same pod.  The difference is what I say does not have the same consequences as the President of the United States.  What I'm saying is just an argument between two people.  When Trump lies and uses hate and violence in his deliveries, it has far reaching consequences for the world to see and hear.  That is the difference.  He will never take responsibility for inspiring this guy. You want to talk about fake news, Fox just blurred out what is plastered all over his van.  They don't want their audience to get the wrong impression about this guy or Trump...yeah right.

True.  You are but one small voice out of the millions spewing hatred and pretending that because they are individually small and ineffectual that the combined efforts of millions doesn't matter.

Which can and is producing a much larger voice than that of any single person, even the President of the US.  But that, too, is ignored in favor of hate.

People, 2 years ago I told a person I care very much about that their hatred of Donald Trump would consume them, would cost them beyond their imagination if they didn't take steps to stop feeding it.  They didn't, and it has.

We've often disagreed on political things, but two years ago I don't think you would have ever considered posting such a list of ugly vitriol, but now...well, there it is for all to see, ponder and use to feed their own hate.  Hatred breeds hatred and you are doing more than your share to grow that most ugly of emotion.

14. profile image0

I really get a kick out of liberals assuming that Americans so lack moral compass that we are ALL just waiting with baited breath for instructions from Trump to perform Trump violence ?  Yet,  Ignore that it is their 1960's adopted partly platform to incite and perpetrate more violence that Lenin .

Sunday and me........ just waiting for my Trump instructions.........
    Jees !

1. profile image0

Please provide a link to this platform or admit you lied: "their 1960's adopted partly platform to incite and perpetrate more violence that Lenin ."

1. profile image0

Apparently you weren't there for the sixties revolution or have no concept of reality ?
        I was and do .

1. profile image0

Still waiting for a link to that party platform, or admit you lied.

1. profile image0

If the truth gathers in your conscience so be it , I need no "link" to prove your party's ideological ties to it's own violence , read a history book to shake your memory loose if need be ,try turning on you TV .........

15. profile image0

You got to shake your head at those who condemn Trump for inciting anti-semitism in this shooting --wooooo wait isn't this same leftism who condemned Trump for moving the embassy to  Jerusalem and loving the Jews too much ?

Uhh huh ?  I get it ...............

16. profile image0

There is your problem !..... ".......I have every right to judge his comments at a higher standard over those from a typical man in the street ........"  Americans , as voters , have an obligation to be responsible enough to elect political officials based on doing their [your] homework to vet them on political standards of real human abilities . Stop celebritizing the candidates , they are simply human and not robots of polished and otherworldly standards. You should have learned that lesson actually vetting Obama and not voting for a godlike image .

1. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 5 years agoin reply to this

The President of the United States should not be in a "twitter fight" with Barbra Streisand. As leader of the free world, I expect him to act the part and no go down into the mud with his detractors, because you can bet that he will always have plenty of those. When it comes to political standards and abilities, Trump flunks.

17. profile image0

Very interesting , that the left actually expects more from the character within our president than they do even from themselves , this same left collectively petulant into eternity , moody , childishly unaccepting of a national election results to the point of partisan pouting , burning , ripping and tearing in the streets yet want to see more adult behavior  from our president TWO YEARS LATER?

I read endless news articles in our media seemingly written by fourteen year olds than professional journalists , take a gander at "Real Clear Politics " sometime and shake your head at the misless leftist drivel from such lacking of academic brilliance ,foul  four letter words ,  social media beginners writing on national media programs using CNN profanity ,  personal insults about everything from hand size to hair color ,  age discrimination to social media framed juvenile  expletives  , This ALL happening from Obama years and apparently eighteen -twenty five year old mass influx into national syndicated news rooms  .

Now , This same mentality streaming in from the writers cubicle of the once famous CNN, Msnbc ,  ABC , ..........To me and everyone I talk to in REAL  life , These journalists may have as well been handed a box of Crayola's than a keyboard !   

And the same goes for the leftist drivel here .

18. profile image0

Peoplepower , Leftist drivel and anti-truth --anti Trumpism is just as damaging to our society as is any thing Trump says.  In fact more damaging ,Trump will go away eventually ! YOUR media will not , the left takes absolutely NO RESPONSIBILITY whatsoever  for rhetorical and the manifest physical incited violence in America .

Leftists and your biased news media need to own your own substantial share of blame for ALL violence in America , until you do I suggest your can expect little accountability from the right for perceived accountability .

Ed:  The truth is the truth.  I don't care how you slice it with your Sean Hannity "Deep State,or Soros funding the caravan fantasy.  It's not about the left.  It's about the president of the United States, emboldening people  like the pipe bomber and the Jewish shooter,  Scalise was inspired by Bernie Sanders, But Bernie apologized and reached out to the family.  All Trump does is blame it on the left and the fake news and the enemy of the people.

"After white supremacists held violent rallies in Charlottesville, Virginia, Trump had a chance to denounce the hate and bigotry that led to the current situation during a press conference, Instead, he blamed “many sides.”

“We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides,” Trump said."

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-ca … azi-salute

1. profile image0

So are we talking about KKK crap that both parties denounce ,  not the daily attack of indefensible and undeniable leftists against Trump , America and against  conservatism ?

AS long as you as democrats  refuse to hold this leftist allied news media  accountable then you and the rest are accountable FOR the majority of violence and hate spewed BY your party in America !  Keep up the great work.

Newsflash ******, I don't listen to Hannity , Limbaugh , Jones or Oreilly ,don't like them and never have .

Interesting example, and informative.

Consider (honestly, not with your built in bias against Trump):

The march was peaceful and without incident...until counter protesters showed up with their signs and screams of hate against the marchers.  And one of the nationalists took a car and rammed into the crowd of screamers.

Now.  What was the immediate cause of that idiot ramming his car into the crowd?  Do you think if those whacko counter protesters had simply ignored the whacko white nationalists and gone about their business would it have happened?  Would anyone have died that day if they had simply stayed home?

Did Trump encourage the counter demonstration?  No - they did it on their own.

Did Trump build the white nationalist group?  No - they existed long before Trump became a common name.

Did Trump encourage the march?  No - they were marching and distributing literature and their disgusting point of view long before Trump.

So he condemned "hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides".  The spark came from those flinging hate at the marchers; the embers producing that spark came from white nationalists.  Neither side was "innocent" in that tragedy.

But here you are, condemning yet another person - Trump - for the actions of two disparate groups that displayed hatred, bigotry and violence to each other.  Will your words here encourage some other whacko to, perhaps, send pipe bombs to HP headquarters?  Maybe...

Wilderness: You and Ed just are just not going to accept that Trump's hate filled, fear mongering, bigotry rhetoric emboldens and inspires people like the guy who gave Trump a NAZI salute. You are trying to blame me for the pipe bomber and the Jewish shooter, but it isn't going to work. 

I called Trump a despicable human being because he is and you not only want to compare me to Trump, but to say I'm even worse than him. Further, you want to deflect his actions onto the left.  He is far worse for this country than any of your made up conspiracy of the left. 

I buy you guys books and what do you do?  You take them home and tear the pages out of them.  I have done my  best to prove to you with live videos that are not made up what Trump is about.  But instead you are putting the blame on me. Trump has taught you very well about how to deflect issues, but I'm not buying it.  The Jews don't even want him to come to Pittsburgh, is that my fault?  Let's see where the next Trump inspired violence takes us.

1. profile image0

Trump and his enablers have invented a world where up is down, wrong is right, and fiction is truth.

I expect Ed to live in Crazytown, but I must admit I'm shocked at the mental acrobatics coming from wilderness. It's pretty bad.

That seems fair.  I never would have guessed you would degrade yourself to the name calling we see on these forums.

1. profile image0

I call Trump a liar, which is a fact, and I call him a POS, which is an opinion shared by many if you want to know the truth. So what?

I don't refer to those who disagree with me as "the enemy of the people." I don't encourage others to "knock the crap out of you." I don't encourage violence against those I disagree with, and I don't demonize large swaths of people, and I don't call anyone derogatory names except for our lying POS President. Our "leader" does all of those things I don't do, on national TV and in front of angry crowds, and somehow I'm just as bad as him?

No. You can think it and you can say it, but you are wrong. So very wrong.

When you use the same tactics, the same kind of inflammatory rhetoric, that Trump does you share in the blame if such rhetoric causes problems.  It's really that simple no matter how much you want to deny any responsibility.

I asked in another thread (or maybe this one) if some idiot saw your nasty language and descriptions on here and sent a pipe bomb to HP headquarters if you would then accept that you were part of the cause.  I ask again.

1. profile image0

The thing is, he does not use the same kind of inflammatory language as Trump. He doesn't encourage physical violence like Trump does, so your contention that their rhetoric is the same is flat-out wrong.

2. Don W profile image83
          Don Wposted 5 years agoin reply to this

"Now.  What was the immediate cause of that idiot ramming his car into the crowd?  Do you think if those whacko counter protesters had simply ignored the whacko white nationalists and gone about their business would it have happened?  Would anyone have died that day if they had simply stayed home?"

wilderness, seriously, what has gotten into you? This doesn't seem like you.

You've effectively just blamed a woman who was murdered by a Nazi terrorist for her own death, because she chose to leave her house. Come on now. This is getting crazy.

I know you're capable of being sensible. Indeed, I've had many a sensible discussion with you.

But what you've just said is really appalling. I can only hope I've misunderstood you in some way.

"You've effectively just blamed a woman who was murdered by a Nazi terrorist for her own death, because she chose to leave her house."

I said no such thing!  I may be mistaken, but it was my understanding that she really was an innocent bystander.  She was not one of the counter protesters screaming at the marchers and bears no blame or responsibility.  It might have been stupid to even be in the area, but I have no idea why she was there.  Circumstances may well have demanded it.

No, I didn't say it was her fault.  The immediate cause was the counter protesters and their actions.  And I made that clear.

19. profile image0

I am so glad that Jewish Americans see completely through this leftist hogwash and vote JUST as most Americans do .  Mainstream  American . sometimes for them dems ,sometimes republican but always patriotic .

In other words , they see right through this Democratic -Socialist  fairy- tale politics dividing America .

20. profile image0

Now THERE is an awesome biased response if I ever heard one ,
    Self denial on the left works wonders huh Peoplepower ?

I'm going looking , "needle in the haystack" , for Trump's strong response to this violence in YOUR news media , enjoy that though......... while it lasts !

21. profile image0

Peoplepower , This is how !   Because the left in America including you  ,became so enamored with the Obama Phenomena and the promised socialism  that all your ups became downs , down became up and you lost track of all that was normal !

Those promised extra entitlements .

A new collective denial of the news media morphing into an alt-reality slapped all of you from behind .........Sad part is , you bought and paid for that yourselves and now a once  normal New Yorker looks like a dictator .

Unifying the country ?   Even God couldn't "unify " todays left , you can't even settle on a basic democratic platform ?
    Ever heard the term "herding cats "?

Talk about an alt reality !

Ed:  You didn't answer a single question I asked.,.because you can't.  You did what Trump and Kellyanne Conway do.  You took the word unify and deflected it to blame the left for not unifying the country and then you went off in a tangent about how the left can't even unify their platform. 

You completely took the focus off of Trump.  Our "ups are downs and are downs are up" is just gibberish.  Trump wants to divide the country by calling the MSM the fake news and  the enemy of the people.  He is a divider and conqueror, not a unifier.  He has done nothing to unify the country.  That's why you can't answer the questions, but he has gone out of his way to divide it. Ever heard the term despicable?

22. Aime F profile image70
    Aime Fposted 5 years ago

You know we’re all still waiting for you to admit that you were wrong about the bomber, Ed.  The party has gotten kind of boring.

23. profile image0

Peoplepower , NO ONE in recent history , and you know this or you should , has so divided a nation as your party has in the last decades , Now you're angry because we have a old school President unafraid to call out your party's  and media's utter hypocrisy ?

I actually hope he continues at this point until such a time as the USA Pravda media RETURNS to center or disappears from America altogether .   I'm actually amazed that at your age that you're so easily swayed into this leftist media bias . Most people grow out of that college liberal stage .

Look within your party without us telling you to  Peoplepower ,
    Try using a neutral mind , divorce yourself from political correctness and group thought ,  ISN"T your party in total disarray , can't decide between far left and far out ?  Who're your bright lights of tomorrow?
    Sanders , Harris , Cortez ?  Hillary said today " I WOULD Like to be president "..................We're all dying to hear of a platform , Even your own people are .

24. profile image0

Rasmussen   Trump + 50% 
    Enough said.

Ed: It would be nice if you would tell the whole story.  This is today's Rasmussen Report...enough said.

Monday, October 29, 2018
      The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Forty-nine percent (49%) disapprove.

The latest figures include 35% who Strongly Approve of the way Trump is performing and 43% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of -8. (see trends).

25. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 5 years ago

Voices who have been referred to as Trump haters who think the incivility and hateful rhetoric they and the left participate in is not a part of the problem need to stop and consider the echo chamber they are a part of.

One might hear one word (or not) by Trump, but they read thousands by you guys. I have to scramble sometimes to find multiple news sources regarding some imagined slight by the president, in order to find the truth, which rarely mirrors the supposed cause for outrage.

You are part and parcel to the problem with the incivility and growing unrest, whether you choose to understand that or not. And, it is not as honorable a part as you have convinced yourselves your tag team attacks are.

1. profile image0

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

26. profile image0

Peoplepower , Sad part is , Trump will go in 2 or more likely in 6 years ,  The hate filled news media will remain forever biased . What is worse is that that is the" happy dance" for socialist / democrats .
    I hope you don't make your living in the dying news media .
    Or the DNC.

Guess what happens to the party in Denial?

This years  democratic campaign of hate is going down the same road as Hillary's incredibly deceitful campaign .............watch it and weep , pack up your campaign signs and go.

Ed:  You and others are living in fantasy land if you think the MSM is hate filled.  I challenge you to watch CNN or any other MSM until you see or hear something hate filled.  You will be watching it for days, maybe weeks, and beyond. 

You people who buy into the fake news and enemy of the people have been faked out by Trump, Fox news, and the Alt Right movement. 

Trump is the one who is hate filled and you are all in denial.  Because you like a tough guy for president.  Well in my view, he is not even presidential. 

Trump saying he wants the country to be unified is nothing more than empty platitudes, especially when followed by blaming the democrats, fake news, and enemy of the people. 

It's just like  after shootings when they say our thoughts and prayers are with the victims.  It means nothing, just empty rhetoric.  Your idea about socialism is hung up back in the 60's with communism. Grow up and live in the now.  Trump admitted he is a nationalist.  You know who else was a  nationalist?...Hitler, he also said the news was the enemy of the people.  And then he took over the news, just like Putin did in Russia.

Do you know what fake news entails? Because the news has always been fake, to some extent. It takes a story and presents it in such a way as to elicit a predetermined response. It's never ' just the facts'. There is no situation in which everyone will respond the same, if viewed and evaluated by the individual. The news media does not want you to evaluate it. They want to tell you what conclusions they came to by coloring it so that is the conclusion you come to. That goes for all outlets. Some are worse than others.

"cause the news has always been fake, to some extent. It takes a story and presents it in such a way as to elicit a predetermined response."

That's not fake, that's spin..and opinion pieces are legitimate spin..but news should be less biased IMO..Obama pointed this out...but most adults have understood this for years and we have the sense to make up our own minds on things, seek several sources etc. and yes this happens on CNN, MSNBCetc. Then we have straight making things up like Alex Jones, etc. We also have Trump with the we are going to pass a middle class tax cut next week when congress isn't in session....That's fake

Calling the MSM "fake" is disingenuous and you just proved that point. CNN doesn't make things up. If they make factual mistakes, they have repercussions. BIG difference.

I have to disagree. The news, at times, takes an ounce of truth and wraps it in 15 oz of b's. Then insists it's truth. If I watch a clip of a news worthy incident, determine that the news presented it in such a biased manner that the truth was obscured by the bias, I'll use the 15 oz of b's to call it out. 1/16th of the truth is not truth.

1. profile image0

Can you provide a recent example of a mainstream news outlet (like CNN, PBS, NBC, etc.) wrapping an ounce of truth in 15 ounces of bias, excluding opinion pieces and talking head analysis?

Lie: any communication intended to deceive the listener or reader into believing something is true when it isn't.

That 15 oz of b's qualifies.  So does spin.  A meme very often meets the standard for a lie.  A picture.  Even body language and tone of voice can qualify.

Truth is truth..fake is fake..up is up and down is down.Biased media is not a lie and I see bias coming from both directions..FOX, MSNBC. I also saw CNN trying to appease Trump in the beginning by normalizing his behavior, which is worse than I expect from my neighbors. to make him look better, but that wasn't enough for him. He has to create enemies to win, to feed his ego, and to pump up his troops

2. peoplepower73 profile image89

LTL:  The news that real journalist present are not stories they are the facts based on the best information available.  They have a moral imperative to tell the truth.  The MSM has real journalist.  Hannity, Limbaugh, et al are not real journalist.  They, by their own admission are entertainers. Fox news doesn't have anybody that I know of who are real journalist.  Fareed Zakaria of GPS is a real journalist.  Bob Woodward  and Carl Bernstien are also real journalist.

Who said Hannity and Limbaugh were journalists? I don't think even they could make that claim.

LTL:  This is an interesting article that puts Fox News into perspective.

https://rantt.com/will-the-real-journal … -stand-up/

Say what you will. You can't make me give up Greg Gutfield. He's too funny.

27. profile image0

Do you read or quote any "normal "news  media , as normal as any of it is today ?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)