Looking Back After Moving Forward

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (50 posts)
  1. Sharlee01 profile image81
    Sharlee01posted 3 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/15269730.jpg
    Just for my own information..... I have put together a sort of time capsule.

Today is two days after the 2020 election. Gasoline is currently $1.80-2.10 per gallon. Interest rates are 2.65% for a 30-year mortgage. The stock market closed at 27,848, even though we have been fighting COVID for 9 months. Our GDP growth for the 3rd Qtr was 33%. We had the best economy ever until COVID and it is recovering well. We have not had any new wars or conflicts in the last 4 years. North Korea has been under control and has not been testing any missiles. Isis has not been heard from for over 3 years. Nato countries have been paying more of their share. We have school of choice at this point. Participation in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, also known as SNAP or food stamps, has been declining for the past several years largely due to an improving economy. https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 … stamp-low/  Peace Accord between Israel, Bahrain, and the United Arab Emirates. The housing market is the strongest in over 20 years. Homes have appreciated at an unbelievable rate and sell within hours of going on the market, with multiple offers. 
    Keep a copy to compare later in 2024. It will be interesting to see if all I have listed are still evident in our lives.

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

The legacy of Obama, right? lol

1. gmwilliams profile image85
        gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Well, the so-called people got their way today-Biden was "elected".   I have nothing to say.    America is on its way to becoming a bigger welfare, nanny state.  Blunden will revamp the abysmal legacy of Obummler.  The election of Biden was a REVENGE election.

Sharlee01posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree in part, I think his tenure will be far worse due to the far left House. If the Senate does not hold the majority, we can look forward to a faltering country. Just my opinion.

It has been proven that Democratic policies worsen the country.  Democrats believe in inane social policies which cripple America.  The last great Democratic president was Kennedy. Succedent Democratic president became worse w/Obama leading the pack.   Democrats now want to destroy America.   America is on its way to hell in my opinion.  Although I disagree w/some of Giuliani's stance on certain issues, he was a great mayor.  He revamped Times Square turning it from a cesspool to a tourist center.   It seems that anything a Democrat touches, turns to crap.

1. Credence2 profile image78
              Credence2posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I am glad that is just your version of revision of history and it is only held by the Right.

Kennedy, the last acceptable Democrat,  yeah sure. From the perspective of 1962, the Rightwinger would have considered him a radical, i.e., civil Rights legislation. You can't apply the values and mores of 1962 to those of 2020. No more than conservatives can continue to evaluate the Democratic Party in terms of its platform in 1915.

But, as always, it takes Rightwingers and conservatives some time to get caught up.

That's comical.  From today's viewpoint, Kennedy was so far right of what the left has become as to be almost a radical right winger in spite of civil rights.

Yes, we are using two different yardsticks. Did you really think that there would not be change in any and everything over 60 years?  Our ideas of what is conservative and what is liberal has changed as well.

LOL  I  said that weeks (months?) ago; that both right and left have moved left to the point that there are no "righties" left outside of the far, rabid right and the far left, well, just say it was beyond imagination a few decades ago.

And that concept was denied.  Only the "right wingers" accepted or agreed with it.

2. gmwilliams profile image85

Certainly is, Wilderness.

2. crankalicious profile image88
              crankaliciousposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Look at historical stock market performance under Democrats and Republicans. The stock market has performed better under the former, which refutes the point that Democratic policies worsen the country. Go do your own research.

2. Kayode Doyak profile image60
          Kayode Doyakposted 3 years agoin reply to this

“Elected” yes it should be in quotes, since when does the media elect our president? Good comments all but...who has declared him President? Not one state election results have been certified. The media has declared our president? Where is that in the constitution? It would be nice if someone here considered what our president has just said about this:

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/15269817_f1024.jpg

Think what you may, he is a class act where this election is concerned and we all will have to thank him soon for not rolling over under the pressures of the Democrat’s scheming to steal this election.

Yes Trump was a CLASS act.

1. profile image0
              PrettyPantherposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Are you serious?

More like a "crass" act....

1. Kayode Doyak profile image60

“Crass act”

To be expected from someone who knows nothing about what has happened.

Rebut this:

https://youtu.be/pCEfiV5L0ig

Oh that’s right, you don’t even look at the videos posted, I’ll answer for you

They’re all garbage...quite the critical thinker you are with the vocabulary to boot..crass and garbage.. very deep thinker.

very deep thinker.

Yes, the deepest!!

Did you trouble yourself to open up your Webster's and find the definition for "crass" when speaking of Donald Trump, seems accurate to me?

I think that Trump sucks and is a coward and a bully, if you have not picked up on that by now.

Trump and your argument about his being cheated at the polls is just a pile of bull$hit.

The last refuge of a scoundrel, that describes Donald J. trump.

I suppose it is not out of order to investigate legitimate concerns, but to question processes of 5 states and demand the disenfranchisement of thousands of voters will not stand. What ever he has to contest the outcome, it had better be damn good. I don't see that yet.

You have a right to your opinion and I respect that, but, believe you me, I and millions of others have our opinions as well. Our opinions regarding Biden wins out in this election cycle and the Rightwinger needs to stop being a sore loser and figure out an alternate strategy.

There is NOTHING that Trump can do about the outcome, courts or no courts.

And oh, by the way, welcome to the forums since we have not been formally introduced.

2. profile image0
                  PrettyPantherposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I am so relieved he will soon be gone, but also worried about what havoc he will wreak between now and January 20. It could be bad....

If I were on Biden's transition team, I would keep a close eye on Trump and his associates between now and January 20th, mike sure that all the dishes and silverware are there and there be not mayhem in the Oval Office, much like a victim of foreclosure would take out his ire on the property he lost.

2. Sharlee01 profile image81

Thank you for posting President Trump's statement I had not seen it.

To some with selective thinking.  We have witnessed 50 plus% of our society willing to vote for a candidate that did not campaign or have any agenda but to make promises to control a virus and bring Americans together. A man that is clearly having the beginning signs of dementia. 

One of my good friends that supported Biden, and voted for him. Today she gave me a bit of advice. "Move on, support the new president, you're a good American, it's better to heal, come together. "

I had to remind her of what she said the day after the last election. Well, I will not bore you, you can imagine. I will tell you the words that stuck with me  ---" He's not my president". And he never was... One thing I think many Democrats  have in comment to some extent, hypocracy.

We have a choice: we can either accept that Biden is (will be) the President and work with him, as the President of the United States, to produce the best country we can.  Or we can vilify him every time he opens his mouth, spend 4 years investigating him for pretend crimes, and attempt to impeach him.  We could even start, right now, with calls of impeachment and vicious name calling.

We can either be citizens that believe in our country and will work within its framework to make the best nation we can or we can be copies of the left (you know; the "new deplorables") until it is "fixed" and we get our way.

You are right Wilderness.   We have to tolerate Biden as he is now the president.   Conservatives are stronger than Liberals in that regard.  It was the Liberals who became totally discombobulated when Trump was president.    They went on a volatile, incessant, & vehement rampage which subsequently resulted in the "election" of Biden.    The Liberals & Democrats who didn't know Trump were AGAINST him from the inception.  They hated him because he was a Republican, no more no less. They intended to do anything against him-well THEY got THEIR wish.

It has to go beyond "tolerant".  We have to actively work, within our constitution, to better the nation.  We cannot take the path that the last election losers did, with their incessant vilification and demonization of our President.  We cannot use the FBI or the powers of congress to attempt removal.  We must work with the president, and we must accept that compromise is necessary in our world.

We simply cannot sink to the same levels that they did and expect the country to improve, for it will only deteriorate further.

So, if I am to understand you correctly you feel if Biden has committed impeachable acts we should turn the other way? You do realize the FBI is investigating his son, and at this point we have a whistleblower that has made claims Joe Biden was totally involved with pay for play. At this point, these accusations are that of a man with a name a face... It is true no one has been indicted with any form of crime. However, if it is proven Joe Biden was an accomplishment, I  for one want him impeached. As I said I am not willing to walk on eggshells, neither am I willing to discuss if comes. But if crimes have been committed, and facts are set forward, I for one will point the finger, and ask for justice.

In the case of the current investigation into Hunter, and the Bobulinski accusations I am all for the FBI to get to the bottom of this mess, and removing Biden if he committed a crime. Perhaps I have misunderstood your comment?

This thread was just a bit of a time capsule to look back on. I have no intention of ever posting anything derogatory about Biden unless I feel my facts are substantiated, whether it be good or bad. I certainly would give him the benefit of the doubt. But, I am in no respect going to walk on eggshells. I I was a Dem for many years before I saw the light,
            old habits die hard.  I certainly hope all goes well during his month in office before they stick Harris in. Just kidding...

No, I won't "walk on eggshells" either.  But neither will I degenerate into name calling, spinning facts or telling lies - all of which the left (including some on these forums) have done for 4 years now.

Exactly, Wilderness.

I agree, and yes some here have acted as if they are "rabid"... Facts are always the way to go, they just give credence to one's view so much more than haughty vague insinuations.

1. Kayode Doyak profile image60

https://hubstatic.com/15270387.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)