The Writer's Mailbag: Installment #385 By Mr. Bill Holland

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Misbah786 profile image86
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

After three weeks, Mr. Bill finally published his mailbag. I'm sure you'd all enjoy reading it. It's time to show him how important he is. How much we love and appreciate him and his efforts.

Here's the link to his article:  https://hubpages.com/literature/The-Wri … llment-385

Sir, we missed you a lot. You are an inspiration to many of us.

Sending blessings your way!

1. snakeslane profile image80
      snakeslaneposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Good news on the hip! Wishing you all the best Bill. I wonder if a Monday Mailbag blog would fill the gap?

2. bravewarrior profile image87
      bravewarriorposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It's good to hear from Bill. I don't know if he'll see these comments, tho, because Bill steers clear of the forums.

I understand Bill's thoughts on his future with HP. It was the community that kept him here all these years. However, Bill will always be as close as a phone call, text, or email away. Those are the kinds of friendships that have been made within this community.

Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Shauna I know he avoid forums. But I really wanted to share it with everyone. I will miss him and the mailbags of course! He is such a kind and sweet person.

3. letstalkabouteduc profile image95
      letstalkabouteducposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Sadly, Bill sees no reason to continue with his Mailbag series if comments aren't restored. It's been a constant on HP: building a sense of community and helping writers improve. I once recommended that Bill be hired by HP to help folks on the Forum. He'd be great at that. For so long, experts told us how critical comments were to stimulate reader engagement. Has that changed?

4. ChitrangadaSharan profile image89
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Misbah, for sharing the mailbag by Bill. I hope, it's not the last one.
      I had read this one earlier, and conveyed my appreciations and good wishes to Bill.
      Mondays are not the same, and Hubpages is not the same, as earlier. I miss the interaction with fellow writers. Still, I am keeping my hopes.
      Thank you for sharing Misbah.

2. surovi99 profile image83
    surovi99posted 2 years ago

Thank you, Misbah, for posting Bill's article.

Bill, it was nice hearing from you and your updates. We hope to have you back with the mailbags. But take all the time to heal.

Here's wishing for a speedy, full-fledged recovery. All the best.

Pleasure!

3. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

We sure are grateful to have Bill and the Mailbag back. Let us hope he reads this and sees the comments.

4. Misbah786 profile image86
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

I am sad because he said "One last installment of the Mailbag, to say thanks!"

5. Brenda Arledge profile image79
    Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

Thanks Misbah for sharing Bill's article.

Bill,
    I am touched to hear that you have an outpouring of love from this little community coming your way.
    That is the greatest part of this community...We actually do care.

Take time to kick back & relax.   Let your body heal.
    Spend precious moments with Bev, Tobi & Maggie.
    (That is what counts the most)

We love your writing and I for one will definitely miss you if you are not here.

But I get it and the song you picked from the Beatles is the perfect one.

I'm hoping to attend a Paul McCartney Tribute this coming Friday.  I hope it's good and we both feel up to going.

Take care my friend.

My pleasure! smile

6. Brenda Arledge profile image79
    Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

Oh...and Mr. Bill ~ 10 plus years on Hubpages.

That's quite an accomplishment.   You must have nerves of steel.

7. Carb Diva profile image96
    Carb Divaposted 2 years ago

I'm happy to know that Bill is doing so well. I'll certainly miss the Monday Mailbag, but, like him, I've found it impossible to continue with HP in its current state. Bravo to those of you who are continuing to post. If comments are ever restored to Delishably, I'll be back.

In the meantime, my love to Bill and all of you.

Linda, I miss you and your delicious recipes. I am hoping that HP would restore the comments capsule as soon as possible. The situation here is becoming very frustrating as time passes. I just don't want to lose any of my close friends.
      Take care!

2. MizBejabbers profile image88
      MizBejabbersposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I'll miss Bill and I'll miss you, too. My reasons for not publishing lately really don't have anything to do with HP. We've been tied up with trying to get rid of all our rental property so we can actually enjoy our retirement. That has taken up a lot of our time, and it has left me too exhausted to write. Now just as I was thinking about getting back into the groove, I'm too discouraged to do that with no real community to return to.

8. Rupert Taylor profile image97
    Rupert Taylorposted 2 years ago

I'm glad to hear the new hip is working well. Like Bill I'm astounded at what surgeons do these days. They stuck a stent in one of my arteries a few years ago, and I keep thinking who even thought that was possible?

As to leaving HP, I'm hoping those who actually can write don't do that. Without a core of good scribblers the site might well be doomed. Comments will be restored, we are promised - it just might take some time.

9. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 2 years ago

The fact that you have recovered so well is good news, Bill. I am still hoping Hubpages will fix the comments for us, and I would hate to see you leaving. I do understand your reasoning. I miss Linda's articles as well. I have only posted one as it is just not the same.

I hope the future is bright for you no matter what you decide. My love to you too, Bill.

10. vidsagster profile image85
    vidsagsterposted 2 years ago

Good to know Bill has recovered well from the surgery. It is understandable that you need to take things slow as rest is important after surgery. But I do hope you  can continue after your full recovery. We do so look forward to your mailbag, your short stories, the snippets of your novels. Take care Bill and have a speedy recovery.

11. bdegiulio profile image96
    bdegiulioposted 2 years ago

Great to hear that you are on track with your recovery, Bill.  I think we all are looking forward to your return and the weekly mailbag.  Hopefully HP takes care of things on their end so we can continue to do what we do on our end.

12. Peggy W profile image95
    Peggy Wposted 2 years ago

It is so good to hear that you are doing well, Bill.  Hopefully, HP will reinstall comments sooner rather than later.  We would all miss your weekly mailbag.  Thanks, Misbah, for sharing Bill's post.

You are most welcome, Peggy smile

13. MizBejabbers profile image88
    MizBejabbersposted 2 years ago

Thanks for posting the link to Bill's last mailbag. I'd already read it and I knew that Bill doesn't visit the forums so I didn't think of posting it myself. I hope someone steers Bill to this forum so everyone can say farewell. No goodbyes here. We can all still keep in touch.

14. billybuc profile image87
    billybucposted 2 years ago

MizB, everyone, I really don't think I'm leaving HP. I think I'll still post articles here, but it does sadden me that we have to jump through so many hoops to communicate with each other.  Anyway, thanks for the very kind words, but this old man isn't dead and gone yet. smile

1. Brenda Arledge profile image79
      Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Love It!!!
      I hate jumping through Hoops too...
      So glad to hear you'll still be here with us.

2. Miebakagh57 profile image69
      Miebakagh57posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Bill, my friend, glad you're here. Take care.

3. bravewarrior profile image87
      bravewarriorposted 2 years agoin reply to this

cool

4. Misbah786 profile image86

Mr.Bill, I was waiting for you to come here. Hooray! Glad to see you, Sir.
      Get well soon!!!
      Sending Blessings and Best Wishes!!! smile

15. Moondot1822 profile image95
    Moondot1822posted 2 years ago

Thanks for letting us know about Bill, Misbah.
    I am glad that you have recovered and writing again for us.
    Stay safe and healthy...

16. bhattuc profile image83
    bhattucposted 2 years ago

Happy to know that it went all well. Hope you back with your contributions soon.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)