Word Prompt—Snowflakes, by John https://hubpages.com/literature/The

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (28 posts)
  1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 2 years ago

Hello John!
    This is an excellent response to the word prompt— Snowflakes.
    You have very well explained the meaning of the word, as well as composed a beautiful poem, The Snowflakes Inspector.
    This is educative as well as very beautifully expressed.
    The link was giving some trouble in the title line. But, it’s visible in the comments. I hope others can view it.

https://hubpages.com/literature/The-Chi … -Inspector

I loved reading it, especially with reference to the mountain regions of the World, which you have mentioned.
    Thank you for sharing.

1. surovi99 profile image83
      surovi99posted 2 years agoin reply to this

John, your poetry and acrostic poem are all too mesmerizing. I enjoyed reading them both a lot. No one would ever doublt you have never seen snowflakes. I admire your imagination and creativity. The quotes throughout your article have made it so ornamental. Great work!

Thanks Chitrangada for sharing John's awesome post.

1. Jodah profile image91
        Jodahposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Rosina, thank you for reading and leaving such a lovely comment. Mesmerizing and ornamental…I love those words. Have a great weekend.

2. Jodah profile image91

Hello Chitrangada. Thank you so much for sharing the link. Yes it works in the comments. I am glad you enjoyed my article/poems and that you found it educational. Much appreciated.

1. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
        ChitrangadaSharanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It’s my pleasure John!

2. Pamela99 profile image90
    Pamela99posted 2 years ago

This is a terrific response to Brenda's 45th prompt. I enjoyed your light-hearted poem, John. It was a pleasure to read, and I enjoyed the information on snowflakes.

Thank you for posting John's poems Chitrangada.

1. Jodah profile image91

Hi Pamela, I am always happy to hear you enjoy what I have written. This one was a bit of fun.

3. Brenda Arledge profile image80
    Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

John
    First let me say that I'm amazed by all those statistics on snowflakes.

Your poem, "The Chief Snowflake Inspector" is quite amusing.
    You have definitely put a smile on my face.
    A Snowflake Inspector...I must say your muse ran away with this one.

I've never even thought of such a thing, but I love it.  It would be great to inspect snowflakes.

This kind of reminds me of Alyssa's piece of a cloud salesman.

In any case, I hope your application gets approved soon.

We've got snow on the ground here and it's in the teens, so bundle up.
    See ya soon, Mr Snowflake Inspector.

Your other poem "Snowflake ~ an Acrostic Poem" does an awesome job of
    showcasing the slang meaning of Snowflake in an acrostic poem spelling the word snowflake.
    It depicts a shallow person who takes offense easily, thinking everything that is said is directed towards them.

And there it is...
    A quote that justifies my feelings of Alyssa's cloud poem...

Great job on this one.
    Your muse didn't disappoint.

You can write on most anything & your imagination is out there.

I'll post a link in the word prompt article.

4. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Hi Brenda, thank you for your in-depth comment on my poems. I was actually thinking of Alyssa's wonderful 'Cloud Salesman' piece when I was writing this. I am glad you enjoyed the read and thank you for the prompt that inspired this writing.

1. Brenda Arledge profile image80
      Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Haha...I could sense that clear across the universe.

Great job.

5. billybuc profile image85
    billybucposted 2 years ago

Your sense of humor will not be denied. Love your creativity here, and it raises a question: how do we truly know that no two are the same? It's impossible to prove, or so it seems to me. I'm sure scientists have a way to prove that, but I've never actually seen or heard the proof, you know?

Still, even if it isn't true, and I'm sure it is, it's a cool fact, pun intended.

Have a great weekend!

1. Jodah profile image91

Bill, that was exactly my thought when I wrote this. How do they know that no two snowflakes are alike? It is impossible to prove..at least it seems to me.
      I am plased you appreciate my sense of humour and that it showed in this poem. Take care and enjoy the snow.

John
        I'm not sure how one would prove it.
        I'm certain there must be a way, but they fall so quickly & join in with the others.
        Many of them melt on contact or merge in with the others to make one big blanket.

1. Jodah profile image91

You are right, Brenda. It sure would be hard to prove.

6. vidsagster profile image85
    vidsagsterposted 2 years ago

Hi John, I loved your Poems. The one about the snow inspector made me smile throughout. Great sense of humor and creativity. Thanks Chitrangada for sharing John's work.

1. Jodah profile image91

Hi Vidya, so glad the Chief Snowflake Inspector made you smile. We all need a bit of humour to brighten our day and I enjoyed writing it. Have a wonderful week.

7. Peggy W profile image95
    Peggy Wposted 2 years ago

What a cute idea...that of being a snowflake inspector!  I love your imagination John.  Thanks Chitrangada for sharing his work with us.

1. Jodah profile image91

Peggy, we need to create new jobs during this pandemic and outdoors ones are the way to go. What better occupation could there be then a snowflake inspector? Thank you so much for reading.

That's such a great point John.

Let me know when you get this Snowflake Inspector job, but 10 to 1 says you high tale it back to Australia after about a week or two.

Then you can take me back there until winter is over.

1. Jodah profile image91

Haha. I have a strange feeling you may be right. I think snow may be good to experience on a holiday but not for an extended period.

John
            That first snowfall..no matter how old you are or how many times you've seen it...Is Magical.

But after digging your car out, shoveling the snow, and getting caught in traffic jams from car wrecks you get tired of it.

Too bad we just can't stay children & only enjoy the sledding, ice skating, hot chocolate, making a snowman and all that fun stuff.

8. Misbah786 profile image84
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

John, this is such a sweet and cute response to the word prompt, 'Snowflakes'. As always a very delightful read . I loved it. I also enjoyed reading about scientific research and learning about snowflake slang. The first quote says, It is necessary to stand out in the cold to appreciate the beauty of a snowflake. I'm curious to know if there's another way to appreciate the beauty of a snowflake... I would enjoy admiring the beauty of a snowflake, but the thought of standing in the cold gives me chills. Thank you so much for sharing. smile

Thank you so much Chitra Di for creating this forum discussion. smile

Happy weekend and Blessings to both of you!!

1. Jodah profile image91

Hello Misbah, thank you for taking the time to read this as I know you are taking a break at the moment. I am pleased that you found the article both educational and enjoyable. If you are quick, I imagine you could take some snow inside and place it under a microscope to appreciate a snowflake before it melted lol. Take care and many blessings.

2. Brenda Arledge profile image80

Misbah
      You can enjoy the beauty of a snowflake from the comfort of a warm house.

Just look out the window and see the snowflakes floating silently as they make their way to the ground.
      They glisten and sparkle in the moonlight.

The ground itself when covered with this white blanket actually lights up the whole yard.  It's quite beautiful to see.

Hugs
      Bredz

9. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 2 years ago

Marvelous, John! This was the most fun I've had reading one of your poems. I chuckled all the way thorough. I love how you step outside the box and take an unexpected angle in your poetry. Thanks for touching on the 2010 meaning of "snowflake" as well. It fueled so much conflict in the political arena here in the States. Thanks for another creative and entertaining offering.

10. Gianella Labrador profile image83
    Gianella Labradorposted 2 years ago

Hi John! I enjoyed reading your response too about snowflakes. I never thought there is a slang meaning for it thank you for the info. We have visited a site to view the mt fuji in Japan last 2019 but unfortunately it was so foggy and roads got zero visibility with fog. Your sense of humor really amazes me each time. Hope I can bring back my humor to my hubs as well soon, when I get better. Blessings to you John.

1. Jodah profile image91

Hello Gianella, thank you for taking the time to read these poems. I am glad you found them humorous and educational. I am sure you can add some humour to your own hubs when you are recovered and writing again. I hope your recovery is going well. Blessings to you.

2. Brenda Arledge profile image80

Gianella
      I must have missed something.
      I didn't know you were currently not feeling good.

Please take care of yourself an feel better soon.

No worries about the word prompt.   Whenever you write it, I can post a link to the article.

Just concentrate on yourself...we'll be here.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)