Will 2024 Arrive in Time to Save our Country/World?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (122 posts)
  1. Ken Burgess profile image79
    Ken Burgessposted 2 years ago

The obviousness that we need new leadership in Washington has never been clearer.

The corrupt Crony System that has long ruled DC got its way and thrust upon the American people their selected stooge (Biden) who, as of this year, has been involved in DC politics for 50 years... 50!!!

Biden first became a Senator in 1972!!!

Biden will be soon be 80 years old!!!

America MUST move on from the antiquated, out of touch, corrupt cronies like Biden. We MUST get leaders who have served our Nation and have seen the costs of war up close.  We MUST get younger, more principled, more honest leadership or our Country and perhaps all of civilization is doomed.

I am not being hyperbolic about this, with leadership the likes of Biden and Pelosi heading up the Nation, how can we have any hope?

We need politicians of principal and integrity... when will Americans stop allowing the corrupt institution destroy the campaigns and careers of those who have any?

Tulsi Gabbard was one such potential leader that did not fear speaking her beliefs:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFRIGHcZkAI

Even Joe Rogan praised her and why the Dem Party destroyed her:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icS3KUFDqZs

Those that control the Democratic Party, the DNC, are the reason why we have Biden as President... not a competent, capable, principled leader like Gabbard.

1. James A Watkins profile image86
      James A Watkinsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

The worst problem in America is that the Democrat Party hates America and is doing everything they can to destroy it.

1. Valeant profile image85
        Valeantposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That you actually believe that and put it in writing shows just what an extremist you have become.  My guess is that the FBI has you on a watch list.

2. Credence2 profile image79
        Credence2posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Gabbard was speaking at the CPAC, anyone that attracts CPAC attention is not someone  I can seriously consider as an ally, even if she is a Democrat. She would not be any better than Manchin of West Virginia.

Replacing Biden with a hard nosed Republican along with their loathsome values is certainly not a solution for me.

Ken Burgessposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Gabbard is not some White Supremacist, she is not a traitor, those that label her as such are the true extremists and traitors.

That you see her as anything other than an asset and ally to America, says a lot about your own viewpoints, not her.

1. Credence2 profile image79

"That you see her as anything other than an asset and ally to America, says a lot about your own viewpoints, not her."

Yes, it does.....

Manchin is not running around in white sheets either, but there is more involved in supporting progressive causes as a democrat beyond just not being in the Klan.

Ms. Gabbard is not a traitor nor anything such as that, her political and ideological bent is too far right in too many areas. CPAC is not my friend.

Sorry to have disappointed you.....

Someone is needed to bring the majority of the country back together.

Someone who can get the moderate people of CPAC and the moderate Democrats to unite under the same umbrella, with the Independents, the Libertarians, etc.

Someone who also does not appeal to the extremists of either side, those are the voices and organizations that need to be cast aside, not given front page publicity.

Perhaps you are right, Ken, that Gabbard is trying to show that she can appeal to both parties.  But like Credence alludes to, her previous talking points about Russia and now speaking at CPAC have many Democrats really losing any trust in her.

And for many democrats, 2024 is as much about saving our democracy, so the candidate must be willing to speak about Trump's lies about the 2020 election and not be lured into false narratives.  Gabbard has previous texted information out from Project Veritas and as it turned out, that information was false.

https://www.civilbeat.org/beat/aoc-call … aud-story/

This is why Democrats cannot get behind her because it appears she lacks the same common sense that all those Trump supporters have to discern truth from lies.  And someone that's going to push a falsehood from a far-right group like Project Veritas displays that fatal flaw to the entirety of the left in such a bad way.

This is the classic "if you are not one of us, you are one of them" outlooks. What tweet, what quote, can I use to smear and disparage someone who does not cater to my political extremes.

I do not believe you speak for "moderate" Democrats, thankfully.

If I am wrong about that and you do, there is no chance this country will ever be unified again and the infighting we have seen will only continue to grow.

Here is a litmus test for you...

Has there been or was there ever a Republican candidate (Primaries included) you would have voted for in the last 20 years for President?

If the answer to that is no, you may be an extremist, you are a one-party guy or gal... that is not the definition of "impartial" or "moderate".

I see Trump as a far-right domestic terror threat to the country, so I can understand why you would not think me a moderate in my objections to his style of governance.

In terms of some policy, I believe in:
                    Enforcement of the law
                    Balanced budgets
                    A path to citizenship while disqualifying those who violate our immigration laws
                    Congressional term limits
                    Environmentalism
                    A strong yet efficiently budgeted military
                    A strong social safety net that exists to keep crime rates down but has term limits
                    The right of a woman to choose up until viability
                    Equal rights under the laws regardless of race, gender, or sexual orientation
                    Religious freedom while preserving a separation of church and state

If those are not moderate policy views, I'd be surprised.

Interesting Litmus test, Ken

Can we ask the same question; if there were or ever has been a Democratic candidate (primaries included) that you would have voted for in the last 20 years for president?

Ken, you may be the exception with your support for Gabbard. But she may represent the "other side" more as during her speaking event at CPAC she espoused hard conservative views, yet does once mention "conservative". Yet, that is what she is.

There are fundamental differences between the Republican and Democratic Party philosophies.

What about other conservative leaning folks on the forum, what would they say?

Being comfortable with the Democratic platform and not focusing on the personalities who represent consistency with that platform is not extremist. Preferring the Democratic Party is not extremist.

The answer to your question is: NO. I always prefer the democratic candidate because they, aligned with Dem philosophy, best represent how I see things.

Yet, I agree with the stands and policy objectives on the list provided by Valeant. Hardly extremist...

Sure, I voted for Obama the first time, as much because I loathed what I knew about McCain as anything else, Obama was a MUCH better option over him.

I weigh the options, about who the person is, about who is backing them, not just the Party, and certainly not the rhetoric (the lies) they spout to get elected.

If you voted for Bush Jr., you were getting Cheney, his daddy, etc.

If you voted Biden, you were voting for the most corrupt and criminal elements that have had control in DC for decades, they very worst machinations of our government.

Yes I know, anything is better than Trump... except when its not... except when it puts us on the brink of civilization being engulfed in mushroom clouds because of the arrogance of those people now pulling the strings.

2. Ken Burgess profile image79

Hey, speaking of disappointment, you know how extremely disappointed (totally irate actually) I was when the Biden Administration had its EV day... and totally shut out and refused to even mention Tesla.

Well look at who is coming to the aid of Ukraine:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmqEI1sXJgU

3. Fayetteville Faye profile image61
        Fayetteville Fayeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Our bigger problem is the Citizens United decision of ten years ago. It has essentially marched our country closer and closer to an oligarchy controlled by a handful of wealthy individuals handed the tool of political bribery by our Supreme Court.
        We essentially have wealthy people and corporations buying politicians.

4. abwilliams profile image66
        abwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately for us Ken, former military, the honest and the principled, are the biggest threats, therefore targets of, the D.C. establishment.
        I agree, that's what we need and I catch grief for it. We also needed Trump for two terms, not one. I think that is evident {right about now} but nevertheless, I mention this and the haters come running.
        But, going forward, we definitely need to rid D.C. of the dinosaurs and elect people that actually care about the potential of this great Country, and not those seeking to bring her to her knees! There is a mission of the far left to do so and no one will convince me otherwise.....
        Republican or Democrat, if they've been in for decades, they've either lost their way or never found it and they need to be sent packing!!
        In the meantime, back to your question, will 2024 come in time? Yes, if we do what is right in 2022!

5. peterstreep profile image81
        peterstreepposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I don't think so.
        It's not the leadership that is to blame but the political system.
        As you have basically a two-party system it will always evolve into a failed state.
        As with a two-party system the ruling party will always destroy the laws made before by the opposite party.
        Trump tried to destroy everything that Obama did, and Biden wants to destroy everything that Trump did. And so the next president  (if Rep.) will destroy everything that Biden does.
        The opposite party will always say no to what the ruling party preposes, no matter if it's good or not.
        Building up in such a toxic environment is incredibly difficult. And is simply a waste of energy and money.
        The US could have been a much greater country if it had found more consensus amongst the Rep and Dem.
        The best thing for the US that could happen is if the Rep. party split up into two parties. The Trump party and the Rep. and the Democrats into Greens and Dem. And perhaps with a 5th center party.
        With 5 parties you always have to negotiate and the toxic social media garbage will disappear as politics become less polarised.
        But as both the Dem and Rep. are both trying to hold their power and are both organized around rich families, the powers that be. They will rather destroy each other than give other parties a chance.

1. Fayetteville Faye profile image61

It's a divide and conquer strategy. Encourage the general populace to live in conflict with one another to stop them from uniting against those currently in power.
          The political mania that has swept across our country is destructive. That people will make the worship of political leaders at all cost is disturbing.  Add to this the fact that many have received their “knowledge” on social media or from entertainment-based news sources and we can have only disaster. A once well-informed electorate is now driven by ‘feelings’ and lies that either make them feel good, or uplifts their favorite politician to demi-god status. This new religion of politician-worship is absurd.
          Instead of finding areas of agreement and compromise, politicians seem to continually find even the smallest reasons to continue to foment division. It's replaced having an actual platform, concrete ideas. Now it seems easier for politicians to gain points with some by trying to instill fear. For example  that their children are being a subject to "subversive" texts in school such as To Kill a Mockingbird. Politicians have actually shown that there's actually no issue or idea safe from being exploited as a tactic to divide or gain a few cheap political points.
          It's absolutely inane.

1. peterstreep profile image81

Yes, it's definitely insane. Just watched the movie "Don't look up." yesterday. Although the film is pretty simplistic the message is quite clear. Nobody gives a damn about facts anymore. Pointing to alternative facts...
            Social Media has a lot to answer for, as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram don't give a dime about facts. Falsehoods and lies sell better as they are better kept in slogans. And slogans breed populism.
            The problem with lies is that they spread faster over the internet than truths. As truth is always more complicated.

People like Joe Rogan and QAnon promote conspiracy theories. From UFO sightings to Pizza Gate. Giving a platform to lunatics and calling it alternative facts.
            This longing for a different world, more romantic and pointing to better days is pure Fascism. The slogan "Make America great again." is from the fascist playbook. Hinting at a time that America was once great. Like Hitler was talking about a 3rd Reich, insinuating that there was a 2nd Reich with all glory.
            All those conspiracies about great civilizations are based upon the same idea of longing and belonging. Being part or having the heritage of a great blabla. Nostalgia and times of great deeds.
            And these "opinions" shouted by Social Media influencers are picked up by people who can't make a judgment anymore between proper research and a sales pitch.
            It makes me sad.

You hit the nail on the head. These issues fuel and underpin our current political climate. Even the most complex issues are siphoned down into  overly simplistic summations for people to grab on to.  I fear too many don't have a thirst  or attention span for the whole story any more. In my opinion, When you do gather all the information it almost never allows you to make a right/wrong judgment. The truth almost always lies somewhere in the middle.  But we live in a time of tribalism. Not even of ideology or party. Tribes demand blind loyalty and you're absolutely right they provide a sense of belonging in return. I think it's a badge of identity rather than of thought. Sadly, to give an inch to the other tribe makes you a sucker. It is a sad state.
              Thank you for posting . It's something that's been in my head also.

2. Kenna McHugh profile image91
      Kenna McHughposted 2 years ago

Biden is not competent is a valid point. Right now, he's in Delaware for a much-needed rest — unacceptable. The Americans are hoodwinked. All the debate is not going to solve the problem. Study history, folks, educate yourselves. Corrupt and ineffectual governments destroy civilizations. Trump is not perfect, but his administration would have handled the current events differently.

Could you elaborate a little bit on how The Trump administration would have handled Putin's invasion?  I'm curious as to what you feel they may have done differently.
        Mr. Trump, at every turn, did everything in his power to diminish NATO. Had this invasion happened under his watch, we almost certainly wouldn't have seen the unity of NATO's response as we are now.  Mr.  Trump seeded a lot of doubt in NATO. Putin needed a weak disorganized NATO but I suppose Mr Trump's efforts, thankfully were not enough.
        I also don't want to focus solely on Mr Trump. His predecessors deserve their share of cultivating our current situation also.
        Do you think our limited response to the 2014 annexation of Crimea and fueling a separatist insurgency in Eastern Ukraine played no role in making Putin think he could get away with violating international norms?
        I just find it a bit too simplistic to lay blame completely on President Biden for Putin's unprovoked aggression.

Trump undermined NATO and blackmailed Ukraine for a made up investigation into his political opponent.  The reason why Putin didn't see Ukraine as a threat was because Trump would have backed Putin over Ukraine.

1. Sharlee01 profile image79
            Sharlee01posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Do you have any proof of any of your comments?  Is it not you that tosses around the word propaganda? Your entire comment is unproven misinformation.

The proof has been laid out publicly.  Me making the case will clearly not convince you, so it'd be a waste of time to try.  It's like trying to convince a far-right Trumper that 2020 was fair and secure.  No chance they understand the evidence or believe it.

2. Sharlee01 profile image79

How did Trump undermind NATO? Did he pull out or did he just speak the truth and point out they did not pay what they had agreed to pay?

How did Trump "blackmail Ukraine?  The fact is the president clarified this accusation himself. I suppose you could call him a liar or say whatever you please to justify your belief. That's on you. Thus far this is from the horse's mouth.

Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelensky has said there was no blackmail involved during a telephone call with President Trump that has set in motion an impeachment inquiry.

"This is not corruption, it was just a call," Mr. Zelensky said on Thursday."

"Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has said there was "no blackmail" in a phone call with Donald Trump that is at the heart of a possible attempt to remove the US president from office.

SOURCE --- https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50003323

I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE THE GUY ON THE OTHER END OF THE PHONE CALL.

"The reason why Putin didn't see Ukraine as a threat was because Trump would have backed Putin over Ukraine."

This is your view. It is my view is a big leap, to think a man that was hell-bent on his America first agenda would have sided with Putin.

By the way --- what president is still as I write buying oil from Russia?

Actually, in my view, any country that on this day is willing to continue purchasing oil from Russia (to keep their energy costs down) has blood on their hands... Just imagine a society that worries first about the cost of heating one home over men, women, and children being killed. NATO and the world is sitting by from a lofty pedestal while people are suffering. Me, I like people that give, not take over the backs of others.

And you talk about being disgusted... This president as well as NATO  disgusts me to the core.

Unless you can prove I am spreading disinformation, I would appreciate it if you would not infer that I am spreading misinformation.

Always ready to defend my thoughts.

You brought up many great points for conversation.
              I'd like to step in on the Russian oil subject. Your other posts have spurred me on to try and learn more about the industry.  I agree, I absolutely would not want our country purchasing oil from Russia as they are committing these atrocities.  But you know as well as I do that some people only relate to their own pain at the pump. 
              So according to an article that I have linked,  January saw virtually zero US imports of Russian crude, with some volumes slated to arrive in February and March purchased before Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
              sion of Ukraine. So far, there haven’t been any signs of fresh bookings as buyers look elsewhere for supply.
              I suppose thankfully, Russian oil made up only about 3% of all the crude shipments that arrived in the U.S. last year. Data from the U.S. Energy Information Administration show. U.S. imports of Russian crude so far in 2022 have dropped to the slowest annual pace since 2017.  So, yes, I hope to see the disappearance of Russian oil also.

https://www.livemint.com/news/world/us- … 02818.html

"I agree, I absolutely would not want our country purchasing oil from Russia as they are committing these atrocities.  But you know as well as I do that some people only relate to their own pain at the pump. "

Faye, this statement makes wonderful sense, it goes to help justify NATO countries purchasing oil from Russia. Pain at the pump --- could a caring truely caring human being ever justify pain at the pump, for a form of genocide?  Could one really block out the death of innocent people being killed by a power-hungry tyrant?  Will we be able to justify it when we see pictures the journalist will surely share of the atrocities? Will our world society be able to still nullify the fact that "we just need cheap energy, and justify what need be justified? If I had a bet, I would pick yes, we have come to that point. 

I picked up Bloomberg's article which shares the same as the link you posted. This is positive information on a whole.

My beef is with all NATO countries that buy oil from Russia. I will hold out hopes all stop immediately buying oil from Russia to add a real burden on their cash to conduct the war they have started with Ukraine.

And I am very cynical, I feel the Biden administration stuck a quick bandaid on buying in Jan but will return back to normal purchases when they can try and justify that move.

I would rather walk than feel I justified what is happening in Ukraine. TThese are living breathing people, we need to do everything possible to stop this kind of unjust death.

Russia provides approximately a quarter of the natural gas consumed in the European Union; approximately 80% of those exports travel through pipelines across Ukrainian soil prior to arriving in the EU.
                I truely hope Ukraine blows Russia's other pipelines that run through their country to hell and back.

Not sure if it would not be easier for all to just stop buying energy from Russia... The alternative may be Ukraine blowing them up.

What a different world it would be if we weren't all dependent on oil. These recent events have made me look at the real and pressing need to begin to move to renewable energy. It can't happen fast enough. Yes, Europe and in particular Germany is going to have the toughest time since they do rely heavily on Russian oil.
                  Reuters reported the idea Germany is floating the possibility of extending the life-spans of coal and even nuclear plants to cut dependency on Russian gas.  But what I also find very positive and frankly quite shocking is that BP and Shell  are ceasing ventures in Russia. Analysts said Monday that BP could take a hit of more than $26 billion as it walks away from its business in the country.  I think this is pretty substantial and unprecedented. 
                  I'm absolutely all for doing whatever needs to be done to stop Putin. I'm wondering where the line will be or when we will come to the point that the world may need to find other solutions for this tragedy.

Just to circle back to the NATO financial issues you raised in your original post.
                  Although Mr.  Trump treated the 2% spending mark as if it were an international mandate, it is not.

The figure was established in 2002 when members agreed upon a non-binding target to contribute 2% of Gross Domestic Product to collectively share the burden of defense costs. It was further ensconced in 2014 at a summit in Wales when all the nations that were not meeting the 2% target made a pledged to reach the mark within a decade. So, by 2024.  But yes,  the U.S. accounts for 22% of the NATO alliance’s common funding. But NATO scholar Garret Martin says in any case, U.S. defense needs vastly surpass those of its European allies.

"We're not comparing apples to apples," he notes. 

Here is a chart that's very interesting that shows an updated percent of GDP each NATO country is contributing. Greece is actually number one followed by The United States and then Croatia.

https://www.forces.net/news/world/nato- … re-defence

A fact check on some of Mr Trump's NATO statements.
                  https://www.npr.org/2018/07/11/62813718 … o-spending

"I'm wondering where the line will be or when we will come to the point that the world may need to find other solutions for this tragedy."

Never came in Syria, over 500,000 killed.

Trump is not the President, we have a new president the wins or losses of Trump matter little to me at this time. In my view, I have never witnessed this country in such a mess. We have a leader that is inept, people that worry more about gas prices than innocent people being killed. Sorry, Faye, this is something this girl can't tuck away in my subconscious.

My shame for this country is palpable.

Like I said hopefully journalist photos will wake up Americans, and the world to what we are accepting, and by doing nothing--- condoning.

My shame for this country is palpable.

Same here. I wonder what those across the world think when they see some of our people smiling, cheering and chanting for Putin. 
                      Also some of those in power continuing to needlessly  poke at or undermine our alliances:
                      “A lot of other places around the world, they just fold the minute there’s any type of adversity,” DeSantis told reporters at a press event at South Florida University in Tampa on Wednesday.

“I mean can you imagine if he [Vladimir Putin] went into France? Would they do anything to put up a fight? Probably not.”

The governor also began the event by angrily attacking students present on the stage with him for wearing masks against Covid-19.

This is where we're at in this country.  Division for the sake of political gain. Division for the sake of division.  It's pointless and counterproductive.

That being said, diplomacy efforts  from around the world failed to change Putin's mind. Although talks are continuing to today between Russia and Ukraine.   The next logical step, in my mind, were the sanctions. I don't think there is any disagreement that they're the most sweeping and powerful we've seen in history. I also believe they'll be cumulative with additional being added. There are signs also that these unprecedented global sanctions are beginning to take hold.  Today will mark the fourth day that the Russian stock market is closed. Their economy was not strong before this invasion and it looks like it's tanking.

I'll note from the Financial Times:  Many western banks, refineries and shipowners are in effect “self sanctioning” — behaving as if Russian oil has already been sanctioned. “Russia’s oil has effectively become toxic,” said one banker.

Some of the biggest buyers of Russian crude have cancelled shipments and orders as companies from banks, to insurers, to shippers retreat from Russian business.

Roughly 70 per cent of Russian crude was “struggling to find buyers”
                      . Plus we have the moves by Shell and BP to divest in Russian projects.  Maybe all of this amounts to more of a death by a thousand cuts?

I'm all for more sanctions. A Complete trade embargo. Energy sanctions. Let Russia because a hermit kingdom like North Korea . Let them rely on china for everything. But you know as well as I do that As soon as a particular group of Americans  starts to feel that pain in their own pocket they'll revolt . And they will be fomented by politicians out for their own gain.   For many here, their sense of liberty and freedom has been purposefully skewed. I'm not saying this should be a reason though for not doing more,  just that the reaction will be shameful but predictable.

So In trying to understand your position, where are you feeling we should go as an alliance.  Stronger sanctions? More specific sanctions? Or a military action? Or something else altogether

https://www.ft.com/content/cecebc90-5f9 … 87bbd1c63a

2. Valeant profile image85

NATO:
              https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-a … or-1476181

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-m … iew-2018-7

https://carnegieendowment.org/2020/05/0 … -pub-81739

Blackmail:  https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ … 178870002/
              -It was more than just the call, but I'm not surprised you omit the testimony from Trump's impeachment because omitting damaging information is one of your hallmarks.

And that's fine that you feel the way you do.  There's been a time honored tradition in this country that when the US engages in conflicts that put us on the brink of war, the citizens unite to show strength.  You are the epitome of undermining US strength in one of these times. 

It's exactly what Fiona Hill testified to during Trump's impeachment.  Russia's goal has been to sow division in our country and they've got you siding with them instead of your own country.  Congrats, you've been programmed to hate your own country.  Disgusting.
              https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-colu … fiona-hill

Just can't leave the hyperbolic personal insults alone, can you.

I'm curious, were the Vietnam War protests part of that "time honored tradition"?

With her constant stream of fabricated Anti-Biden narratives, you betcha.  With the dozens of half-truth arguments that I've called out on here, certainly.

And I'll put Vietnam in the George Floyd category of protesting a very racist draft system.

I think it is very clear Putin was not aggressive under Trump. Trump sanctioned Putin heavily throughout his time in office. He put a hold on the Nord Stream 2 pipeline. I have offered this link many times, and the conversation, as a rule, drops off in regard to just how hard Trump was on Russia.  Source --  https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-fr … on-russia/

Actually, some of the sanctions Trump put on Russia were put into law. He was very heavy-handed on Russia.  https://carnegiemoscow.org/commentary/83282
          https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/10/05/tr … nt-obamas/

In my view, Trump proved himself a strong advisory when it came to Putin.

One only needs to read the list and see Trump's words about Putin did not stop him from doing his job, trying to keep him in line.

If you recall Obama was president when Russia decided to get aggressive and move in on Crimea.

In my view, Bidens is a very weak president and has shown this at every turn. My gosh, you may not want to digest it, but he let Americans in Afghanistan. That pull put was a disaster. It showed him to be an incompetent leader. Along with all his other mistakes, the border, inflation, and much more. Putin just saw the perfect window to become aggressive, and he did. And so will China...

It is simplistic to blame one president, you can blame two --- Obama and Biden. The others have kept him in line. 

Biden's propensity for being a weak leader is in my view what gave Putin his opening.

This situation is getting worse with Russia bringing in its nuclear force.
          Putin does not backtrack, he does not make threats, he keeps threats.

Funny many do not realize that, and funny more are not on board with replacing Biden before once again we can't reverse his blunder.

Basically, your Brookings article shows that Trump's administration used sanctions (umm...the same thing Biden is doing) to react after Russian transgressions.  The difference is that Biden's sanctions actually have teeth and he's also moved troops to secure NATO allies.

What your article shows is that Russia pretty much did what they wanted without much damage until this time, where Biden has organized the civilized world against Russia.  Nothing says Putin respects Trump like the dozens of times Trump had to use sanctions against something Putin did that was illegal.

Again as a citizen, I see most of Trump's sanctions were kept in place by Biden. Not sure he was smart by lifting the sanctions on the pipeline.

He has united many countries thus far, but will they back away with the threat of Nuclear deployment? 

This man is a tyrant that cares nothing for human life,
              he is seeking power. Biden has poked a bear, and this is not a very smart thing to do.  I feel all we could do is supply tons of weapons, and aid and NATO should all pony up with even more than what has been sent.

Not sure what Trump would have done, my intuition tells me he would not send American's in harm way, and just send in weapons and aid.

Biden has our troops in Europe, and perhaps we could have waited on that. And pony up if Putin pushed into NATO countries. We can't fight the world's battles. But we can help even the playing field.

You note Biden lifted the sanctions on the pipeline, which allowed desperately needed post-Covid energy production that the right is complaining is important.  So, it's either a complaint about sanctions or a complaint about energy production.  Either way, it's clearly a complaint from the right.  When it's just complaining about everything, it's just irrational hate, so it's time to ignore those people.

And I think you're right, Trump would not have sent troops.  He would not have stood up for our allies against Putin.  That's the difference between the leaders.  One honors our agreements and stands up to bullies, one breaks them and cowers.

I feel Trump would have sent troops in quickly if Putin made any threats to enter NATO countries.  I don't feel that tweaking the nose of Putin unnecessarily helped that situation. I think he accelerates the conflict.

Please consider what Trump did do for the people of Ukraine, he sent sold them weapons.
                  https://www.france24.com/en/20140918-uk … eperatists

What agreement did Trump not honor? I can name many Biden did not honor.  One the biggie is Trump's Afganastan agreement. And the Canadian pipeline... Biden moves to reverse Trump's immigration policies very quickly. It was one of his biggest blunders.

Trump would wait until there was a fight not provoke one. Now we face one pissed-off Putin due to Bidens "corn Pop" policy.  Just threaten a man that loves to win, and does not care how he wins.

So Biden's blustering words and sending troops in prematurely now has Putin bringing out the big guns. And Biden does not stand a chance against this Corn Pop... The chain he threatened Corn Pop with just won't cut it. 

I think Trump would have kept a cool head, and waited to see what Putin had in mind before threatening him with troops I would have felt a lot safer with a Trump than Biden. He has the world on the brink of perhaps a world war.

Didn't Trump reverse Obama policy on the Keystone pipeline?  Then Biden went back to the original ruling, citing environmental reasoning. That's fair game and it did not change oil production since it was never there to begin with.

And you think it would have been wise for a new leader to have tried an evacuation before putting his national security team in place in Afghanistan?  The timeline Trump negotiated was his own policy blunder considering he was down in the polls the whole time and was not likely to be the one who had to withdraw the troops and allies.  That whole drawdown before he left office and the failure in making the timeline was completely unrealistic and created much of the danger we faced.

And Trump's immigration policies were inhumane, according to most of the international community.  I'd readily grant an exception for the remain in Mexico policy, that one actually does make sense and I was happy to see the courts keep it in place.  But the only big policy change is you have right wing media loudly broadcasting the border is open - because it's not Biden saying that.

Putin is pissed off because he has a leader in the US that is no longer under his control.  One that does not side with him over his own intelligence services as we saw from Trump in Helsinki in 2018.

Russia in advancing on Kyiv.  Try looking where that is.  It's definitely become a threat to our NATO allies.  And it's not Biden putting the world on the brink of war, that'd be Putin.  How about keeping where the blame goes and supporting your own nation for a change?

You know what --- It is very disappointing to see you continue to make excuses for Biden. And play the let's compare Trump to Biden... There is no comparison.  Biden is president, and most can see the country is in trouble with this man in the White House.

Maybe time to cut and run...  Honestly, actually, at this point, I would be ashamed to say I voted for Biden if I had.

You know what --- it gets really tiresome to see you ignore the root causes for many of the problems that the country is facing.  This is 2016 all over again where Republicans had train-wrecked the country for a Democrat to fix and then complain when it takes longer than expected to fix all that they broke.

I'll take a fixer over a breaker any day.

And I'd cut and run the moment Biden convinces his followers to be domestic terrorists and attack their own country.  Until then, it's not even close about this being a better option than Trump.  Saying you voted for someone who inspires domestic terrorism is where the shame should lie.

And all that is before those of us who read the reporting of the 2018 state department warnings about the Wuhan Lab that Trump's Administration ignored.  Then he lied about the virus and railed against the most basic of public health preventative measures that cost so many American lives.

Biden's not perfect, but those of us who voted for him didn't expect him to be.  His actions of leading a unified NATO in this crisis have been strong.  Not that I'd ever expect someone with so much hate to recognize that.

So, when there's a chance of war and our country is on Ukraine's side during this conflict, I'll choose the patriotic option of supporting our President and not the one whose country is committing war crimes.

If domestic terror and war crimes are who you choose to be supportive of in these times, YOU are the one who should feel the shame because you disgust me and many other patriotic Americans.

2. Fayetteville Faye profile image61

Oh no, I didn't mean to imply that I believed only Obama and Biden are to blame. First, I don't believe Biden is to blame at all. All I'm saying is that there has been a history of US presidents appeasement of Russia has a very long history.  Really since the time Putin became president. I just omitted detailing the cases under each president. Putin targeted Georgia during George W. Bush’s tenure.  I think Putin has just become sort of a political hot potato passed off from President to President. Easier to appease than to deal with. Appeasement didn't work with Hitler and I don't think it's going to work with Putin either.
            During Putin's reign over Russia he continues to take inch after inch. He's been emboldened.
            Also, Why Putin did not invade Ukraine under the Trump administration? Just a thought but Trump’s foreign policy sought to do much of what Putin wants to achieve, including intimidating Ukraine by withholding vital defensive weapons.
            Additionally, Putin wanted to undermine the NATO alliance, and Trump undermined the NATO alliance. Putin wanted to weaken the E.U., and Trump made little effort to continually express his disdain for the E.U. Putin wanted to weaken the U.S. political system, and Trump was unnervingly aggressive in trying to weaken the U.S. political system.
            Why didn’t the Russian leader deploy troops into Ukraine during Trump’s term? Perhaps because Putin was so pleased with an American president who pursued goals in line with Moscow’s agenda.

Had Putin launched an invasion, it risked upsetting the course he was already delighted to see. Why would Putin  get in the way of the progress Mr. Trump was already delivering?
            Putin claimed Thursday that he was "forced" to order military action in Ukraine.

Putin's reason for the invasion? He  made the comments in a Kremlin meeting with Russian business leaders, according to The Associated Press, calling the invasion a "forced measure" due to Western "intransigence" over security concerns.
            Mr Trump has been doing an awful lot of talking since this invasion began. I just haven't heard anything concrete of what he would have done beyond what is currently being done.

I have been reading your posts I clearly understand you do not blame Biden for this crisis.

" Putin wants to achieve, including intimidating Ukraine by withholding vital defensive weapons."

Trump supported and sold weapons to Ukraine.
              https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/jos … o-ukraine/

Obama has a sad record in regards to not selling weapons to Ukraine.
              https://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/ … ine-115999
              https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-a … d=65989898

President Biden is merely the next in line to attempt to  manage Putin. He’s also saddled with the bad hand he inherited from previous administrations. Putin is also stronger today than he was during previous presidencies.

It should also be noted that in the last month or so, President Biden has done things correctly. He has preempted Russia’s attempts to create a bogus pretext for the invasion, clearly condemned Russia’s “unprovoked and unjustified” invasion, built a broad international coalition of support, and imposed the strongest sanctions ever used.

But just for fun, let’s pretend for a second that Biden was somehow to blame for the invasion. Let’s assume that Biden’s show of weakness did influence Putin. Would now be the time for Americans to air that dirty laundry and point the guns inward? As the invasion begins, wouldn’t the patriotic thing be to focus on the people of Ukraine and focus our passionate anger on the man who is actually responsible?

No, not Joe Biden but Vladimir Putin.

Patriots might. But....

You are so misinformed (Valeant even moreso) that you have no idea what truly was the cause of what led up to this invasion, have no idea what the real causes are behind it, etc.

I am no expert, but I listen to those who are, I seek them out to better understand the situation.  This includes using German sources, Russian sources, whatever sources I can find.

If you rely on the MSM and your government, your sources are biased often only a shade of the truth, at best.  Especially when it comes to war.

In another thread here, Mike is a good source of information, because he is Ukrainian and in touch with many people he knows in the country, it is these types of sources that I value over anything put out in Official Press Conferences or CNN.

I still get flummoxed when people come to CNN's defense, they have been caught in one fabricated lie after another, going back decades now, long before Trump... how anyone can trust their dribble I just can't fathom... ignorance is bliss I guess.

Biden has been horrible with this entire scenario, as I have explained elsewhere, and he has long been part of what is going on in Ukraine, remember his son being on the Board of Ukraine’s largest natural gas company?

Putin didn't wake up one day and just decide to invade Ukraine.

Yeah, the guy who strongly clings to the 2020 election having massive fraud is your trusted source and those who use multiple research sources, and never post CNN links by the way, are misinformed.  The dumbest comment I have seen here in a while.  And my theory is that you failed out of Worcester prior to enlisting.

Thanks for the laugh, that was good.

That theory, opinion, insight is about as well informed and accurate as just about ALL your posts in these Forums.

Oh my, you are quite dismissive in such a general way.  Not sure if I should take this as misogyny or just plain old condescension.
                    I've made statements and provided adequate backing for them. Others here have disagreed and provided specific reasoning for their disagreement. I welcome that, learn from it and take no personal issue with it. But your generalizations of "You are so misinformed" are very counterproductive to intelligent conversation.  You also seem to have some sort of obsession with CNN when I don't think I've cited them very often or at all. And that's not because I think they are not credible It's really because I pride myself on being well read and researched across the entire spectrum of media. Stick to challenging specific statements rather than making presumptuous attacks on an individual's character.

3. Sharlee01 profile image79

Biden has caused each and every problem we are dealing with as a Nation... He needs to be removed. I love how Democrats always play the blame game when they have a failing agenda. I think it wise to really face the problem of Bidens what I feel are failing cognitive skills. We are at this point in a situation we have been fearful of for a very long time --- a threatened nuclear event. We as a nation can not afford to keep a president in office that now has a one-year history of creating huge problems. Now, this! It's fine to be patriotic, but this is just not the time we can afford that luxury.

In the end, Americans voted in a lemon...  Sorry Faye the majority of the country feels this way... At this point, you are on the outside looking. I don't say this lightly, and I have offered many articles to back up where I derived my harsh view. I can always respect one's view, and I in this case feel I needed to offer some others' opinions, in hopes that you might consider their thoughts.  It is unfortunate that America finds itself in such a bind, but it has become quickly clear, Biden is dangerous and needs to be removed in my opinion. I never in my wildest dreams thought I would witness what I have witnessed in the last year, and what makes it harder, I have realized our society is just not as intelligent as I felt they were. We are in a true crisis, and we need to have a strong leader in that White House. We can not let this man continue on and create even more problems.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra … -of-russia

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 … w-low-poll

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics … -abc-poll/

"Views of how Biden is handling the Ukraine-Russia crisis weren’t that different. According to a Feb. 18-21 poll from The Associated Press/NORC Center for Public Affairs Research, Americans disapproved of Biden’s handling of “the U.S. relationship with Russia” by 56 percent to 43 percent. Meanwhile, a Feb. 1-17 Gallup poll found that Americans disapproved of his handling of “the situation with Russia” by 55 percent to 36 percent. And in a Feb. 10-14 Quinnipiac University poll, Americans disapproved of his handling of “tensions between Russia and Ukraine” by 54 percent to 34 percent. These figures were all within a few points of his approval numbers on foreign policy more generally in those polls. (In addition, a Feb. 19-22 Fox News poll found that 56 percent of registered voters thought Biden had not been tough enough on Russia, virtually identical to the share who disapproved of his foreign-policy performance.)"  https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ho … n-ukraine/

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-ne … to-ukraine

Faye --- do not get pissed off at me, I am very scared, and I am speaking my truth. As you have shared yours.

Oh my goodness. I'm the last person to be angered at someone's opinions and feelings. I don't think all is lost though. I'm not into the blame game either. I do tend to believe that circumstances are events don't exist in a vacuum and tend to look at precursors in the past that shape or lead us to our present situations. I view everything as a continuum.  Honestly I relate it to my own life in the way that each event is predicated on some other event.  I do feel confident in that President Biden is capable and has a strong experience team around him. At this point in time, I can't point to anyone decision where I personally feel he should have gone a different route. Even if I did, I think I would realize that I'm not privy to all the information that would have gone into making that decision.
                    As far as polls about his performance, I can't help but think they aren't heavily influenced by the polarization in the media and I know that you have seen and you realize how extreme it is. You're right, there are a number of Americans who aren't as well read on these current issues. They couldn't find Ukraine on a map let alone tell you the purpose of NATO.  Many people don't research or read across The vast amount of information that's available to us. Instead, they are trapped inside of one particular media bubble being fed the same narrative day after day. And that goes for both left and right.  Can we educate everyone on the actual facts? What each "side" May have correct or incorrect? No, it doesn't seem to work that way.  For a lot of people it's all or nothing. It's about supporting one individual, One side, one point of view with no flexibility whatsoever because it's seen as giving in.  The cult of personality has become a priority, A person, a party is more important than a platform or real ideas.
                    I am in awe of the solidarity for Ukraine around the world.  In a completely unprecedented manner even the Swiss have joined. Putin, In my opinion his miscalculated. His war certainly isn't going as smoothly as I am sure he had hoped. He may be able to occupy some of Ukraine  but he will never be able to keep it.  Russia's economy is crumbling with the ruble plummeting and interest rates skyrocketing. His people being arrested, beaten for protests by the thousands yet they are still out there every night.  The Ukrainian president has been a stellar example of leadership as have the Ukrainian people. Like I stated previously, I think our people could learn a lot from them. 
                    My biggest concern? That one of Putin's very young, inexperienced military (I read many of them are conscripts who didn't even know where they were going) lobs artillery accidentally over a NATO border and starts a larger conflict. But I do believe that that has been addressed and discussed.
                    Very honestly, at this point I don't see anything that could have been done differently to address Putin's unprovoked aggression.  Keep the faith Sharlee.

"I can't help but think they aren't heavily influenced by the polarization in the media and I know that you have seen and you realize how extreme it is. "

The media is in my opinion is what drives the polls, and splits the country.

And it is very positive that we are witnessing solidarity for Ukraine around the world.

And Putin's was is not going smoothly, this makes me nervous. he seems to be the kind that will not accept a loss, and this in itself scares me.

I will be keeping the faith, it seems it all we have at the current moment.

4. Sharlee01 profile image79

We need not air our dirty laundry -- it's been out there for some time in the likes of a visibly confused president, a society that is clearly split down the middle. The world has been watching, and we have some very powerful countries that find the time is right to become aggressive.

It is fine and good to be patriotic and turn our anger to the man that is causing the conflict. But who next Xi?

We as a people are certainly united in our sentiments about who is causing such sorrow, and who we need to support. We also need to think about the dire situation this weak president, this ill equipt president has put  America and the world.

He has created crisis after crisis.

3. MG Singh profile image74
      MG Singhposted 2 years ago

Trump has a name in history not only was he a US president but he also brought peace in the Middle East with the Abraham accord. He brought in dynamic diplomacy but I guess some people are in the habit of just criticizing him, all I can say is best of luck to them because his place in history cannot be erased. To the chagrin of many, my friends in America tell me he has a lot of support and he may be back in 2024.

The same guy who brought peace to the Middle East, as you claim, inspired a domestic terror attack against his own country.  As witnessed in the 2020 election, he has more that understand his complete lack of fitness for the Presidency than he has support.

In terms of Mr. Trump's base or support, former Attorney General William Barr sums it up in his new book,
        "People are worthwhile to Trump only as means to his ends — as utensils."

4. abwilliams profile image66
      abwilliamsposted 2 years ago

What happened to you V? You used to be decent, a decade ago, still far left, but decent. Now your heart has hardened and you are just plain mean, you can't seem to be able to help yourself.

I know you will remind me that I no longer acknowledge you and Cred, but enough already. Sharlee is so nice, she goes out of her way to show kindness and it is never reciprocated!!
      She "disgusts" you, I "disgust" you....you have been outright harassing Ken.
      I know they don't need {or probably want} me butting in here, BUT, come on, take a break from HP, if you are that stressed, you don't need to burn every bridge.
      You single individuals out, make it so very personal in your attacks and I, for one, am surprised that you are still here.

I am still decent, just reciprocate attacks with attacks.  Especially when those attacks are fabricated like the cognitive one Sharlee repeats here over and over when Biden's speech patterns can easily be attributed to his disability.

And trying to convince people to regret choosing Biden when Trump is still the figurehead of the Republican party, is ridiculous.  If that sounds mean, so be it. 

If someone wants to talk issues, no problem.  When someone wants to lob attacks, I will respond in kind.  And what we have seen since Nov. 3 has been a lot of attacks, with most being fabricated.  I like this site and make decent money here, so when people come here to spread their misinformation, I will have zero tolerance for that as it undermines the legitimacy of the site.

Taking this thread as an example.

You went on the offensive, you brought in Trump repeatedly.

Then you went on to attempt some personal jabs at me, while I ignored the Trump statements, that really made no sense as we weren't discussing Trump, and you went on to attack Sharlee as well.

This thread was about focusing on Biden's poor performance and suspect involvement in Ukraine. How we might not survive this corrupt Administration and the threat of Nuclear war being greater than it ever has been. 

It is strange that Biden's son was on the Board of the largest Natural Gas company in Ukraine, for instance.  It's strange that Biden once made comments about withholding a billion dollars in support to Ukraine if a matter did not go the way he wanted it to.

But instead of focusing on and countering those issues, you shifted to personal attacks and bringing up Trump, throwing around accusations, etc.

The comments in this thread speak for themselves.

You're right, the comments do.  So you don't think the original post you made was an attack at all?  How about trying a title like...'Why America Should Consider Tulsi Gabbard in 2024.'

See, now that's you making a case.  Instead, you wanted to do some comparisons, throw a bunch of insults at Democratic politicians (which you listed), and now get all upset because I listed a reason for why the left could never get behind Gabbard because she cannot identify readily available lies and listed two difference examples to make my case.

You started this whole thread off in attack mode.  Like I often tell Sharlee, when the thread opens that way, expect to get attacked back.

Sure, I started this thread in "attack mode" against Biden.

Not you, not even a particular Party.  Biden, and the corruption he is the front man for.

You seem to think because people dislike the job Biden is doing, this allows you to attack those individuals, that your actions are justified based on that.

Looking back through the comments, I can see where I got terse with you and Faye regarding a lack of deeper understanding of what has brought us to the brink of nuclear war.

So I will take full responsibility for that.

Our American "news" sources are often quite misleading, deliberately so, complicated immensely these days by political bias that did not exist nearly so much 30+ years ago... when it was constantly deceiving people about critical matters then.

Consider back to the things you probably realize now that were deceptions, fabrications you thought real.  Such as Weapons of Mass Destruction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhWlPo3qxak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvgb9nJrVVA

Unfortunately it is difficult to bring up supporting video evidence of things twenty - thirty years back or more as additional topics of proof.

So lets get back to the issue of Biden.

Why was Hunter Biden on the Board of the Largest Natural Gas company in Ukraine?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-hunt … SKBN1WX1P7

There was also former Vice President Biden being paid $900,000 for "lobbying activities" from Burisma Holdings.

So we have a history of the Biden family having what appear unusual, conflicting, dealings with Ukraine going back a while now.

This isn't something you are curious about?

We have the current situation, which has escalated into a small regional war between Ukraine and Russia, where we are involving ourselves, despite repeated warnings of what could occur if we continue to involve ourselves in these two countries, which aren't anywhere near us, and we should have no business getting involved in... other than sanctions.

And despite the potential for this to quickly escalate into a Nuclear War, you think Biden is doing the right thing... and has done a great job with it so far?

If that is so, defend Biden and his actions... try to refrain from bringing up Trump, or your theories as to why I joined the Army, if you have a good argument to support Biden with, that should be all you need.

Glad we can get back to talking issues.  I have conceded to Sharlee in previous threads that I support the further investigation of Hunter Biden after seeing concerning reporting on his trading on his father's name.

Here is more information on your claim of the $900,000 lobbying payment.  https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 … iden-9000/

As to Biden, he is out front of a unified NATO pressuring Putin on multiple fronts.  Do you deny NATO is unified in their support of Ukraine?

First, I don't believe either Biden did anything "illegal".

Unusual, conflicting, improper... taking money to "lobby" taking money to be a "board member" these things are not illegal, any more than being paid hundreds of thousands to speak at a private gathering would be.

This is how the game is played, corrupt, but not criminal.

Corruption is the act of corrupting or of impairing integrity, principle, honor, decency while crime is a specific act or acts committed in violation of the law.

What Biden is doing regarding Ukraine, some headlines:

December:
                  Washington stealthily funnels weapons to Ukraine. President Joe Biden secretly okayed the shipment of $ 200 million worth of arms to Ukraine at the end of December 2021.

January:
                  The U.S. has flown about 180 tons of weapons into Ukraine in the past three days, in an effort to bolster the countries defenses against a possible Russian invasion. So far, the U.S. has delivered the first two weapons shipments on military cargo flights, with more shipments to follow.
                  https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/0 … n-the-way/

February:
                  Most American politicians and corporate media have fallen in line with a one-sided narrative that paints Russia as the aggressor in Ukraine, and support sending more and more weapons to Ukrainian government forces. What are our leaders and the corporate media not telling us this time?
                  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/in … ar-AATow7Z

“In late December, the Biden administration quietly authorized an additional $200 million in security assistance to Ukraine,” the story’s five reporters wrote. “The security package authorized the shipment of much of the same defensive equipment the US has provided in the past, including small arms and ammunition, secure radios, medical equipment, spare parts and other equipment.”

The Zelensky adviser added that the Ukrainians were informed of the forthcoming aid last month “at the senior level.”

“Given that U.S. intelligence consistently suggests that Russia may launch a full-blown invasion using all its military might, this aid would allow Ukraine to inflict additional damage on Russia but would not significantly alter the outcome,” the adviser said.

I disagree that shoring up an ally's defenses is a sign of aggression.

Ukraine isn't an ally.  Ukraine isn't a member of NATO.

We had no business inserting ourselves into Ukraine politics, or arming the Ukrainians these past 20 years.

Perhaps we should have focused more on rebuilding Iraq, or Afghanistan, rather than cultivating conflict between Ukraine and Russia.

You may not appreciate what I have to say. However, I make every attempt to add a bit to help others see how I came to my thoughts on a subject.

It is unfortunate that Biden's mentation does come up in many conversations, due to the many visible cognitive problems
          I see and hear.  His cognitive state does concern me, and I fear his state reflects on his decision-making ability. So, yes I do speak of his cognitive state frequently with each poor decision I feel he makes.

I am not willing to give him a pass, sorry he is the leader of the free world, and we in my view are flailing.

Perhaps I was out of line to suggest you need to have buyers remore... But not out of line to site polls where it is more than apparent may Democrats do.  To back up my point.

What it is with that "burr" in your saddle, AB?

You don't like the fact that I am a fervent supporter of what you might coin as leftwing ideas? I have written enough so that honest minded people can understand why that is the case.

No, I am not the Rightwinger' s friend. I like to dispense with their hoards with a single stroke of my pen.

Yet, I have never attacked anyone on a personal level. Are you just afraid of the ideas I support and advocate?

There is no need to run off like a kid with a bloody nose, my channels are always open.

Truly, I am not an ogre...

3. Sharlee01 profile image79

AB --- I will share something my mom would say to ward off anger. In many cases, I find myself angry at some of Val's outwardly demonstrative statements directed in my direction.

"When you find yourself the victim of some else bitterness, smallness, or insecurities --- it will serve you well to be kind, and remember, things could be much worse, you could be them."

5. Fayetteville Faye profile image61
      Fayetteville Fayeposted 2 years ago
    6. MG Singh profile image74

I am really surprised that the American think tank led by Joe Biden. Either this man has no intelligence or he has become senile with age. Frankly, I don't think age is a factor Dr. Mahathir was Prime Minister of Malaysia at 95 and the Indian leader Lal Krishan Advani is 94 and going strong. So probably he's just incompetent and that is a very dangerous thing. I do not know how he got embroiled in Ukraine because Putin could unleash a nuclear war. The less said about Ukraine president Zelensky; this man by his antics has ensured that Ukraine is destroyed and divided for this century. What a legacy to lead behind.

7. abwilliams profile image66

This one's better, not loaded up with commercials, you can really focus on the "anger". I am so tired of this never-ending mission by the left, attempting to destroy every conservative!!
      We have a very capable leader in Governor Ron DeSantis, people are moving into the state in droves, not out!! But then, because he is so popular, he must be taken out, right? That's how it works, right Faye?

https://youtu.be/wpsHxzPPHcg

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
        Castlepalomaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Freedom convoy has saved us for most part, It's no fun being an unvaccinated fugitive disease criminal here.  I was wondering about excaping to Florida just for normal human respect and sandcastles

8. abwilliams profile image66

What's "needless" is  leftists make mountains out of mole hills and getting away with it, not only that, turning them into federal cases! The next time we hear about this, it will be something along the lines of, DeSantis assaulted USF students....

Bottom line is they have the freedom here in this country to choose if they'd like to wear a mask or not.  I suppose he also has the freedom also to scold them.  I find it distasteful, at the very least show some restraint. Live and let live. In my book, manners are manners regardless.

1. abwilliams profile image66

Did you see the part, where he said, if you need to, wear them. He didn't want the unnecessary theatrics of it all, does that not make sense to you?

What makes a sense to me is that nothing needed to be said at all. Particularly in such an angry, accusatory way. Respect others rights to freedom to choose in terms of masking. There was absolutely no point  for this to happen.

Yes, agreed, there was no need for them to be masked up, when the governor wasn't. There was no need for children in GA to be masked up when Stacey Abrams wasn't. This isn't China (not yet) and the people, the students, the children, aren't subjects (not yet) !!!

They have the right and freedom to choose a mask.

Yes they do! But did they in this case or was it all for show?

On our local state campuses, there is still a policy for masking indoors through the end of March.  At one of them, there were so many cases when Covid first hit that they sent the entire campus home and it cost their President her job.

That's unfortunate. If people want to continue to wear masks they should, just don't make it political and stop scaring children! Enough already!
                      I live and work out in the country and still see two young boys, standing by themselves every morning, as they wait for the school bus...still wearing masks. It is so sad that they have been made to feel as if that mask is what gets them through the day and helps them to function in society.
                      They'll never function properly again or it will take a long time.... their lives were screwed up for no good reason....It is shameful what adults have done to them.

9. abwilliams profile image66

For what it is worth, I want to share this.
      I am a talk radio junkie, been listening at work for 30+ years. I was listening to the Clay & Buck show, when they interviewed Donald Trump. When Putin came up, Trump was attempting to make it clear that Putin is a sly and clever fox, a worthy opponent, someone to be taken very seriously, he used the word "genius", before he went on to say, I will tell you this, he wouldn't have gone in on my watch, he didn't go in on my watch. (the gist of it, I am not quoting) BUT, the next day all over MSM, "Trump praises Putin". "Trump sides with Russia."
      Lies, lies and more lies!!
      MSM started in on this man, Trump, from the get-go and they never let up! Go through any of these popular threads we have going here right now, bits and pieces and parts of things he'd say are used over and over, once they've been taken completely out of context.
      Yes, he got real angry, real fast with media, but I would do the same if lies were constantly being spread about me, wouldn't you?
      Yes, he said some things that I wouldn't say, I don't get New York attitudes, I am from the south, but he never deserved the treatment that he constantly received. Yet, even so, he ran circles around the establishment guys. He had to go, therefore, he was set up to fail.

1. peterstreep profile image81

I don't want to go into the discussion as it's old.
        But I want to say one thing. Trump was part of the establishment. He's a multi-millionaire for God's sake. The first thing he did was not to build a wall but organize tax cuts for the rich. The wall story was for the votes. The tax benefits for the rich and all the lucrative contracts for friends are what really mattered to him and the rest of the establishment.

10. abwilliams profile image66

For the helluva it?
      I don't remember hearing about Iraq voting in our last election....or maybe they did!!!

11. abwilliams profile image66

Before you straighten me out Ken, I know that there's money to be made {for some} in war and I hate it!  Individuals who profit off of war, are just as bad as Putin, no doubt.

Trump was/is, anti- all of this going to war for personal profit crap and so..... among the many reasons he had to go.

12. abwilliams profile image66

The swamp must be drained, but it is proving to be a seemingly impossible task. sad

13. abwilliams profile image66

I suspect it was all for show, but we can disagree on that too. smile

14. abwilliams profile image66

I am far from rich and we benefited from the tax cut.
      Our fuel costs were down, cost of living was down, leaving us more money to put back into our small business, but now things aren't good and we will be closing down our business, probably by year 's end, unless things change drastically.

When did the struggles begin?  Mid-2020 or since Biden's election?

It just cost me nearly one hundred dollars to fill up my jeep, you tell me?

Just wondering since supply chains have been an issue for a while now. 

And since oil production was cut in mid-2020 and still hasn't quite gotten back to the all-time highs of 2019 yet.

People are flush with cash from the three (not just the one from Biden) stimulus packages.

Let alone the vaccines that have allowed the economy to reopen before the supply side was back up and running.  One could make the case that the results of the vaccines and cash influxes have allowed demand to outpace supply.

I suspect you'll consider that cheap a year from now.

15. abwilliams profile image66

....and that is why we are phasing out of business.

16. Credence2 profile image79
      Credence2posted 2 years ago

I think that it is kinda dumb to criticize anyone who chooses to wear a mask whether it be adults or directed by adults for their kids. There is a "new normal" today regarding the virus and the directions that it could mutate and I am not confident that anyone can really say with certainty that the "danger has passed" for anybody.

I play it safe and would do so for my kids, while still not castigating those who choose to go without mask. We should be able respect each other's choices without heckling or ridicule.  After all, that is what grown ups do.

Exactly. I live in a blood red state but still find there is respect for individual choice. Sadly, some folks still brace for attack. While grocery shopping today, encountered a  masked woman (which is extremely  rare) wearing a large cardboard handwritten sign around her neck stating, "I'm a chemo patient"  couldn't help but feel sad that she felt she needed to display private information due to the opposition she felt she may receive for her mask.

We get these "stares" as well.  I had to talk my wife into leaving her "space suit" at home and be satisfied with the standard mask. Having been afflicted with spinal meningitis, diabetes and asthma, her health is very fragile. If she caught any of this stuff, it might well be curtains. But, people judge without knowing that each of us are different and what would appear as "over the top" by some, would be considered a prudent precaution by others.

Exactly, live and let live, without making assumptions that every outward sign is some sort of political statement.

I am glad that we agree....

2. MG Singh profile image74

I am awaiting 2024 and the return of Donald Trump. I hope we can send Joe Biden to be with his grandchildren and fish in the pond.

1. TheShadowSpecter profile image84
          TheShadowSpecterposted 2 years agoin reply to this

If the United States of America had a parliamentary governmental system like Canada, Joe Biden would likely be with his grandchildren and fishing in the pond right this very moment as I am posting this reply.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)