Will Hubpages Give Hike in Profit sharing Ratio

Jump to Last Post 1-38 of 38 discussions (97 posts)
  1. profile image0
    shinujohn2008posted 14 years ago

Does Hubpage have plans to give Hike in profit sharing ratio in near future?

Atleast 5% to 10 % hike (65%-70%) based on certain conditions will be better. It could motivate everyone and increase more contribution and benefit hubpages in long term run.

What do you think.

1. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How much more motivated can a person with 3769 hubs get?

1. profile image0
        shinujohn2008posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Darkside , i asked everyones opinion. That is all. Many contests are being announced in this site. Some offers like this could work out more than any hub challenge. Especially attracting good writers who go to sites which give more sharing ratios than hubpages.

And I gave mine.

2. Sexy jonty profile image58
      Sexy jontyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think so ..... but anyways it's far more better now ..... I love here staying my most of time ......

3. retellect profile image71
      retellectposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Considering they handle the hosting, CMS, SEO and give loadsof help................NOPE. We are the ones benefitting in the long term, not Hubpages. We get 60%, we benefit more in the long term than Hubpages!

1. profile image0

A companies adsense account is more stable than individual accounts and it can benefit for hundreds of years, while individual adsense accounts are not allowed to continue after it makes a particular amount. So for individual account owners ,  it is better to make as much as money they want today, rather than waiting or depending on it for years to come.

A dollar earned today is better than tomorrow.

1. Mrvoodoo profile image58
          Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

?

I've never heard of this before, why would this be so?

1. profile image0

Adsense has a threashold like for example , if a person earns more than .............. dollars in a year, that account will be checked and most times , a simple reason will be found out and the account will be disabled. This happened to a lot of people. Try searching in google itself to see such experiences.

It is so to avoid huge amount of money flowing to unknown individuals , rather than to registered companies.

Isn't this more opinion/theory rather than fact?

2. relache profile image73
          relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How can you say that a company's AdSense account will be beneficial for hundreds of years when the underlying programming and technology (originally a company called Oingo Inc) was only first founded in 1998?

That is one of the worst qualifying statements I've ever heard put forth in a discussion.

But I just read it on the Internets so it must be true!

Things change. If Adsense is around 10 years from now, they'll be doing well. If Google isn't the number 1 search engine 10 years from now, I won't be surprised.

A couple of thousand 'sexy' (and I use that term loosely) photo galleries, a 90% rev share publishing site with MORE traffic than HubPages, peoples accounts getting closed when they earn over a certain amount (because Google themselves get sick of earning the same if not more than the account holder) and companies benefiting from Adsense for hundreds of years has made this thread very entertaining. Maybe it should be moved to the Creative Writing > Fiction sub-forum.

I'm glad somebody confirmed that to be bollocks, not that I'm earning anywhere near enough for them to close me down (if such thresholds existed), but it's always nice to have these things made clear.

Cheers Darkside.

2. webismine profile image58
    webismineposted 14 years ago

I doubt it.

3. mcbean profile image66
    mcbeanposted 14 years ago

I think my 40% contribution to hubpages is currently worth every cent.
    As long as google continues to show hubpages the love, we should happily contribute.
    40% is better than a lot of other sites and you will struggle to find a site that gets your content featured as quickly and highly on google.

4. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

I think 60% is fair enough, because hubpages needs a bit of money for their christmas box too!

1. Jane@CM profile image60
      Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very true!

2. profile image0

A Hike in Profit ratio will definitely attract more new writers (New writers should get a high revenue share only when their score reaches above a particular position) This can get hubpages to new Heights and Huge Traffic. That is my point. But, i guess most of you don't have the energy to compete with good writers, who may come to this site on an increase in shares.

There are handful of sites giving 90% adsense revenue share and buying christmas boxes too. They get more traffic also , because they attract brilliant writers.

If you had taken a look at all the revenue sharing sites you would not have said like that. There are many others that give more shares and get indexed faster.

Employers never give Hikes , unless requested by Employees.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. But that doesn't mean a person who posts a thousand pictures is a good writer.

Where is this 90% rev share site that has more traffic than HubPages?

2. waynet profile image68
        waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Posting photo gallery hubpages is as about as energetic as a nuns fanjita!!

1. profile image0

Waynet , i did not even compare photo galleries and articles. I posted this thread from this profile does not mean , i am comparing photos and articles. I just compared you fellows and the writers in your article categories.

3. Whitney05 profile image83
        Whitney05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's actually not true. Even if an employee requests a raise, the employer can still say 'no,' and in many cases, employers give a yearly raise without the employee asking. It's all in the employer.

HP is the employer, and I'm quite satisfied with my 60%.  Most sites give writers less.

If you write high quality hubs, then the earnings will be greater.

4. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
        GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you mean it literally hehehe its up to you hahaha. smile

5. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

The boss always have the final say about how profit should be distributed and not the employees hehehe just my point of view though...

Excellent point!

6. darkside profile image66
    darksideposted 14 years ago

There are times when HubPages HQ are only getting about 20% of the ad impressions.

7. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

I am actually very happy with hubpages as it is smile I think 40% is pretty reasonable.

8. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Who is giving a 90% payout?

9. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

Hub Pages is not our employer.

10. profile image0

Darkside , i did not ever say people who post pictures are writers. I will never say that.

I am talking about everyone. Even i have more than 1000 articles in this hubpages site that are not picture hubs , but, in other profiles and a few in this one too.

Darkside, I cannot post the name of the site that gives more shares in the forum , But i will publish a hub on such sites soon.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I will be looking forward to you hub shinujohn.
      Hubpages have been good to me , but we are not joined at the hip and I for one would like something in the Christmas this year too! wink

2. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

why not?  I've seen other sites discussed in many places on these forums, there's no law against it.

She said she was done with this forum post, so I guess we'll never hear of the mystery site sad LOL

2. darkside profile image66

Maybe to get the referral clicks via the hub. Though I can't imagine a site that's giving 90% rev or ad impressions has much more to give away for referrals.

Anyway, I hope shinujohn mentions the hub is published in this thread once it's done, I can't bring myself to dig through two dozen or more picture galleries if I miss it being published for 24 hours.

3. rmcrayne profile image89
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

shinujohn, I notice your hubs are 2 to 6 of 6 "Related Hubs" on each week's HubNuggets hub.  I was really curious what keywords or other tricks you are using to do this since these hubs have no relation to HubNuggets that I could tell.

1. LOT2DO profile image40
        LOT2DOposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Related hubs are picked from popular(hot/best) hubs of the particular category. I think tags play a role in that too, but category is main thing.

1. rmcrayne profile image89
          rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.  Gives me something to ponder.  smile

11. retellect profile image71
    retellectposted 14 years ago

I can think of a whole lotta sites that give you 100% adsense revenue, you know why?
    They hardly get any traffic and there are other ads that you get no revenue from. These sites use you to bring them traffic and give them backlinks. Hubpages is the best out there with the best revenue share too!

12. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I don't understand.  If you know of a service that gave you 90% adsense payout.  Then why is your stuff at hubpages?

1. profile image0

My stuff is everywhere. This is also a stopping place for me , that is all.

13. Len Cannon profile image87
    Len Cannonposted 14 years ago

This is a thread filled with mystery.

1. waynet profile image68

and sometimes a little bit of made up stuff too!

1. Len Cannon profile image87
        Len Cannonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is all part of the intrigue, my friend.

14. Len Cannon profile image87

latest: Beautiful Sweating Hairy Armpit Photos

I genuinely thought you were joking until... big_smile

1. torimari profile image67
        torimariposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yea, I thought you were joking to...but you unfortunately were not.

Ew!

1. Len Cannon profile image87
          Len Cannonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I kind of regret bringing it up but since I "don't have the energy to compete with good writers" I have to fall back on something.

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
            Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh God, please don't you put up pictures of sweaty, hairy armpits too.

2. waynet profile image68

Ugh....jesus....that last pic was swingingly rank!

Why would you even look?

To see if there was any written words, and yes none!!

lol

2. Sufidreamer profile image79
            Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great excuse, Wayne - your secret fetish is finally revealed. I always wondered about you lot from the dark, uncivilised side of the Pennines wink

Back on topic - I am happy with the split. Most other sites I researched are 50:50, and don't have the potential audience of HP. Plus, I gain clients through HP, so I receive plenty of value for the dollar smile

3. LOT2DO profile image40
            LOT2DOposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You prefer clean shaved? wink

15. profile image0

You guys think over it. I just made an opinion that could benefit hubpages and hubbers.

I have nothing in favour of photo hubs or articles. This thread is not meant to support any particular group.

Because i post more photo hubs, everyone protests in this thread. If someone else had posted this thread, everyone would have supported. This is not fair.

In the past year,

i made a thread requesting hubpages, to stop showing Colour adsense ads.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/7605

At that time too everyone protested and atlast hubpages removed colour ads and now shows the type of ads i requested at that time. Now everyone will be experiencing better revenue than at that time. But, no one will admit it.

Never admit it.

I will not make any more posts in this thread.

Bye.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

it's not about supporting or not supporting. Hubpages does not employ us to write for them or 3/4 of the people writing would not be here. I don't get why you think this is possible or even plausible?

2. Mrvoodoo profile image58

I salute you for your sweaty armpit hubs, it takes a certain type of creativity to come up with an idea like that, the more sweaty armpit pictures at HubPages the better as far as I'm concerned. big_smile

I just wasn't convinced that your theory on people having their Adsense accounts disabled for earning too much (by acceptable methods) was true, but I could well be wrong, I often am.

16. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

I am slightly confused by all this, hubpages is not about compeating with other writers it is about supporting other writers. People on here already get good money, whats the problem? Is hubpages about writing or pictures? What colour ads?

17. Helen Cater profile image61
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

I think Hubpages is worth the 40% it earns from our writing. It has a fantastic reputation, and helps are hubs reach heights we may not see elsewhere. They have to keep some of the revenue, else what would be the point them running this site. I am more than happy with my 60%. If the shoe was on the other foot and it was within my business, I would want more than 40%.

18. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

I would would give hubpages 45% if they deleted every picture of fat old indian ladies! I wouldn't really, but I would say this...... you accepted the terms when you published nearly 4000 hubs, so accept them now.

I am happy with giving them 40%, I will delete my hubs when they ask for more. If we dont ask for more, and they dont ask for more, then everybody is happy..... no news is good news. That is my opinion.

19. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

i write for free. you dont have to sign up if you dont like it. you could publish a book all by yourself for free, and keep all profits maybe. anyway, i want to see the sexy sweaty pits!!!

lol where do ya want me to send my naked pic lol hugzzzz

1. profile image0
        Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol dont saaaaay that!!!! yer gonna get way more attention then you want!!

say what ??..honey I KNOW what I look like ,s'ok wink

1. profile image0
            Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

i mean....shady charachters will be emailing you now!!! theyll give nicknames you dont like... lol  hugss to you too btw

20. guidebaba profile image57
    guidebabaposted 14 years ago

I think 60% is fair enough. I have 3 websites and struggle to maintain them. Hubpages get rid of all this struggle for me. Also not to forget the SEO factor they offer.

21. retellect profile image71
    retellectposted 14 years ago

I give up shinujohn2008, I can't keep track of what your'e saying. Bye bye thread!

22. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87
    mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years ago

I am a long long way from making a fortune here on hubpages, but I love it here. One thing that does now nudge at my curiosity, is the information about Adsense accounts that claims if you earn over a certain amount they will shut down your adsense account!!! Is this true, as it seems a bit rough on someone who writes really hard for a number of years, becomes successful and earning a decent income from Adsense, only to have it stopped because of their success? (plus isn't it in Adsnese's interests to have successful writers as they make more money that way too?)

23. Len Cannon profile image87

I think the case here isn't that Adsense will close down after a person passes an arbitrary threshold but that lots of people she knew earned lots of adsense money through shady business practices and got shut down when they were caught.

If that's the case, yeah, definitely earn as much as you can and get out.

Quite possibly with sweaty armpit photo hubpages and whatever other sweaty bits you can find on the web and not write any words to them.

24. Uzdawi profile image73
    Uzdawiposted 14 years ago

I think 60% is fair enough, but they should do something with the eBay thing.

Which bit? The sign up process? Or is there something else?

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87
        mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps Uzdawi means the amount of commission ebay pay is too low. If so I would have to agree, as after 2 years here I have only earned £2.56 from them, so I stopped including them in my hubs a few months ago, it was only detracting from my Adsense Ads that would pay out more.

Unfortunately not much can be done about ebay commissions. And ebay have changed things around. Though the change (which has had negative effects on the big earners) is actually working for me. I had sold nothing, not that I remember, but this new pay model is earning me revenue.

25. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I'm sure if there was a higher earning revenue site to write for that was also on the up & up, there would be far less writers here.  Hubpages is good for me.

Photo hubs either are not making any money or someone is getting greedy.

Armpit hubs - ROFL - off to have a photo shoot LOL

!!!

You summed it up nicely! big_smile

26. Len Cannon profile image87

I think the ratio is fine, but I don't really think it is healthy to think of Hubpages as an employee/employer relationship.  Hubpages is providing us a service, and a very good one.  We pay for that service by providing them clicks.

27. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Hubpages isn't my employer.  They offer a great service & great platform for me to write, but they don't pay me a dime..or take any taxes big_smile

28. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Darkside, what happened to your avatar? Just too freaking pathetically cute! If I were only several (and I mean SEVERAL) years younger...

There's a discussion about it here.

29. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

I did just read that. Holy mother of God, change it before I have a heart attack! smile TOO freaking cute!

No NO don't change it, I like the eye candy!

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

wouldn't it make a great desktop?????

30. profile image0

Don't worry i will not place any referral links in it. Darkside i will inform you when i publish the hub.

And i dont place ads on sweaty armpit hubs, usually i publish hubs like that every week 2 or 3 and make it non commercial with adsense ads as NONE.  So i dont use adsense for sweating. I have to make such hubs as there are lot of hand bra hubs in this site that are worser than anything else.

I hate them , so to keep up with competition i will have to show atleast a handful of armpits when there are people who have hubs on such over exposures than i could even think. Hope you understand.

Sorry , this post is not related to this Thread.

But, do anyone know about a site called Pixazza. Have anyone used it and do you think Google will take over it.

There has been news (old news)  that Photo Based AdSense Ads will come.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/31/techn … .html?_r=1

31. yoshi97 profile image57
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

I gotta get in on this one ... haha!

Seriously, you write your own paycheck on hubpages, regardless of how much they take as revenue for themselves.

Fact is, I know a place where a writer can get 100% revenue day in and day out ... on their own site. Problem is ... not many of us own a PR6 site that is in the top 100 and well respected by Google. As such, 40% revenue is the price to pay for beachfront property, and we're all fortunate they don't charge 60% - it's worth it.

So, while authors might go elsewhere for more dough, I like the oceanfront property, and here I am to say ... until the sand lobsters kick me out. smile

32. Len Cannon profile image87

Just so I'm clear, you're just trying to keep up with the jones's by posting sweaty armpit photo galleries.  I'm just lost.

33. profile image0
    shinujohn2009posted 14 years ago

Nice you understand it now. Thank God

34. profile image0
    shinujohn2010posted 14 years ago

Hope everything is clear. No one answered my doubt about Pixazza website. Will google buy it and start the new photo adsense ads.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Never heard of Pixazza so I can't help. We're all still wondering about this other site and also puzzled why it's so unmentionable,so I don't think everything is clear at all.

I've had a quick look. 90% revenue share. That's revenue share, not a split of the ad impressions. There is a catch though.

But there's no way in the world this site is getting more traffic than HubPages as was previously mentioned.

35. profile image0

You have to find out it , yourself. I will not help.

But, realise there are many things in web , which are more better, even if they do not have the looks.

For example as an experiment i tried out the Controversial site "Docstoc" that you all know and i shared a few pubic documents from govt education sites and financial reports , and suprisingly it was a successful experiment.

That is all i can say. Frankly I have never seen such high paying clicks ever in my life. Sorry i cannot disclose the CTR i got but, i got more than 10 dollars within 2 days of submitting very few content.

I was a person who criticised that site very hardly. After the experiment i realised that everything has good and bad and it is a good site as far as no copied content is added.

I just wanted to say , experiments sometimes do reap profits that we think will never happen.

And No One site is the limit.

In relation to the other site, the one with 90% Adsense revenue share. I find this policy to be a deal breaker:

"By participating in our revenue sharing program, you will receive 90% of the Google AdSense revenue generated through the content pages you contributed, for a period of 1 year from the date you posted the specific content."

2. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
      GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

Is the avatar you have with you darkside is you... wow you look familiar to me... George Clooney look alike or just using his pix (George's)

It's Mr Clooney in the pic.

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
          GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks dark...

3. webismine profile image58
      webismineposted 14 years ago

Here is something from the HP team:

Source:

http://hubpages.com/question/25663/is-t … ear-future

4. thisisoli profile image69
      thisisoliposted 14 years ago

There are plenty of sites out there that are similar, and give greater revenue sharing.  In theory Hubpages is well placed to offer a greater percentage to it's writers now it has launched successfully, however they have no incentive to do so.

I have used other revenue sharing sites, and have found many of them providing greater traffic than Hubpages.  However, I do like the layout and ease of use that Hubpages offers, while maintaining quality content. 

Personally I think Hubpages has every right to give the percentage of profit that it deems suitable, after all, it is us as authors who have the choice as to which service we use.  I could have used another service to build my articles, however I have plenty of backlinks, daily profit and around 100 visitors a day flowing to my own websites (increasing daily), while still earning myself and hubpages a healthy profit. 

Writing on Hubpages is a win-win situation for me, they do take a chunk of the earnings, but I do gain a lot of benefits.  There is nothing stopping me from using other websites as well as hubpages to build a profitable network, and there is definitely no downside in my doing so.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)