demeaning attacks on people instead of topics,Why?

Jump to Last Post 1-37 of 37 discussions (111 posts)
  1. cheaptrick profile image74
    cheaptrickposted 14 years ago

Look through posted topics and you will find certain "people" who relish attacking the author rather than there posted topic.We all know who the are.what do you think of these people who knowingly drive beginners away from writing?
    <snipped - no threatening language in the Forums>

1. tantrum profile image62
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Point out who's driving 'beginners' away from writing !
      Very easy to accuse behind an avatar !

This is another original cheaptrick, it seems ! lol

cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Please take a look at my Hub Score and ask yourself how its possible without writing hubs.you should spend some time in contemplation.

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you can't fight fire with fire, if I see a personal attack, I report it, if it's someone being immature and showing off, I ignore their remark and answer the posters question or comment.
      it's really pathetic some of the people who get their kicks running through the forums being stupid and arrogant.

3. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You do what you believe is right don't let anyone turn you around. The religious forum is not a good cross-section of the hub pages, it usually represents the extremes. It does get mean spirited but religion sparks alot of emotion. There are those who attack any Christian for any reason just address the friendlies and don't reply to the antagonists. You'll never stop the arguing so if it is a big problem stay away from getting sucked in.smile

So putting  someone out of their supposed misery , like a dog, Is right ??!!
        who's the one full of missery here ?
        another cheaptrick !
        you people are way too funny ! lol

1. profile image0
          sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good I'm glad you find us funny! What do you believe?

2. Friendlyword profile image60
        Friendlywordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You intentionally say things to start an argument. And you love it just like I do. Maybe Cheap was talkin about you instead of me. Ha!

3. Nera Woods profile image81
        Nera Woodsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"You do what you believe is right don't let anyone turn you around. The religious forum is not a good cross-section of the hub pages, it usually represents the extremes. It does get mean spirited but religion sparks alot of emotion. There are those who attack any Christian for any reason just address the friendlies and don't reply to the antagonists. You'll never stop the arguing so if it is a big problem stay away from getting sucked in."

Yes, we should just ignore the ones that mock or attack, but reply to those that criticize constructively. But generally, many are kind.... very kind even...

4. rmcrayne profile image89
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you ruined your whole point with the "hunt them down" "put them out of there [sic]misery" think.  Are you even out there, or as Pearldiver said hit and run?

1. profile image0
        Home Girlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

--If you throw enough stones...

5. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes and you posting a thread like this really makes people want to run and become your friend. "Should we hunt them down like the dogs that they are?" Are you serious? That was 100% rude. and you should be ashamed of saying BS like that and have Mary and Jesus up as your avatar!

What's unbelievable is that some  hubbers think that she /he is right
        Go figure ! lol

1. profile image0

lol Tantrum yes unbelievable and sad

1. profile image0
            Scott.Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The "Snips" are in alot of threads today, everyone is being bad. Must be a Monday thing.

1. profile image0

I'm always bad, Scott plus I feel like crap and nt going to put up with ppl right now tongue

6. profile image0
      zampanoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are NOT ALLOWED to say things like that with that avatar !
      Holy Mary !!!

what can you expect of a cheaptrick!
        the name doesn't go well with the avatar either !

7. Friendlyword profile image60

I think I qualify as one of the people you cant mentally keep up with. But since it't you that cant address my or others comments; why don't you just go away?
      And you dont have to hunt me down. HERE I AM BABY! and now I'm watching YOU!!!

8. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe that all of the writers who post topics on the forums regardless if they are positive or negative should always be prepared. There are also some who enjoy stirring the pot and when they do this unless they are diplomatic it can turn into a boxing ring. I don't believe anyone intentionally tries to push a new writer away, I also agree with everyone else write a hub about it I am certain that many will read it and respond. It is hard for someone like yourself to even discuss this topic when you have not written anything. smile

9. profile image0
      Wendi Mposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Where are your hubs?  Did you misplace them?

2. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Why don't you write a hub about your 'pickle' so that you can relish making a relevant comment as an 'Author' rather than making impotent remarks yourself? hmm

"Should we hunt them down like the dogs that they are and put them out of there misery?"

Have you ever noticed the poor quality of comments are often equal to poor quality of grammer? hmm

How Sad that anyone would 'hunt down a Dog' - Cheap!
    If You Get a Life; it will put you out of your misery!
    Have you considered that point? hmm

1. Stimp profile image60
      Stimpposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've also seen this Odd style of writing apply to those who put spaces prior to (and after) a comma or a period or a question mark.  No real comment is made and the mis-punctuation is a little distracting.  Take away the absurd punctuation errors, the messages are nasty and just cruel.  Just something I've noticed, that's all.

1. Stimp profile image60
    2. drej2522 profile image68
      drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

So harsh...Perhaps not everyone has the command of the language like yourself, our 'distinguished' critic. Or, PERHAPS, the author of this thread didn't have enough information to create a Hub...Either way, if you were unsatisfied with the topic, why the hell did you post? What point were you REALLY trying to make here?

I believe the word is Persecution as the Christians say...

3. cheaptrick profile image74
      1. Friendlyword profile image60

Never mind debating anybody. Explain that idiotic, punk statment. You are not a stupid person. So what is your story. Thought I was trouble.

You are quite right,That"statement" was unnecessary to my point,it is understood locally as applying to people not dogs.Perhaps I should have said "Rabid dogs".I share my life(Notice I did not say OWN)with a lab(Bruno)and a pit bull(china)whom i Love dearly.My lesson here is Not using local stuff on an international site.My sincere Apologys to you all.Your name calling includes You in the Narrow minded club.you could have made your point without it.

3. tantrum profile image62
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

7 months and no hub ?!!
    and pretending to be 'someone ' ?!

too cheap a trick !! lol

1. maudine_05 profile image60
      maudine_05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

sometimes I wonder why no hubs but sure gained hubrank of 85? but me only 75 whos cheaper???? ..ME!!!! LOL!!!!

Finally,a post worth reply.You have taken the deeper look I was hoping for.A hub score of 85 is not so bad is it.I unpublished all of my hubs to see if anyone had the presence of mind to take that deeper look.you are aware...Thank you...

4. tantrum profile image62

I believe cheaptricks always  show !

5. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Mommy's alright

Daddy's alright

They just seem a little weird

Surrender

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But don't give yourself away...

6. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Unfortunately any public Internet forum is consistently awash with people who love to nit-pick and flame with personal attacks. What annoys me more is when people link grammar to intelligence, spelling to IQ, and the like.

When posting in forums I never really spellcheck or proofread what I have written.  Personally I do not have time to do that for everything which I write, and would much rather spend time going through work which I am paid for.

If my writing is legible to the majority of readers on a forum then I deem it acceptable.

If people feel the need to personally attack either a person or their work with no provocation, then they really do lead sad lives.  I tend to try and engage the abuser in the actual discussion, it is amazing how quickly they disappear, or end up repeating their baseless insults.

When people have no real reply to your argument they insult your spelling or grammer. It's best to check your spelling and leave them nothing nothing to address but your comments.

1. tksensei profile image59
        tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL! Good one! smile

7. Pearldiver profile image68

What has this got to do with religion? hmm

Is there No Situation that you can discuss objectively without using an excuse? hmm

This thread IS ANTAGONISTIC in itself.  If it takes a tag team to make a point... then the question of who the Dog is becomes most apparent!

There is Nothing Demeaning about an honest opinion that is factually correct. smile

8. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I don't give much thought to those who post with no hubs, why, because this is a writing site!

Not sure I know of a single person here who would take someone to the dogs.  There may be different opinions, different arguments, but those I know would never take anyone to the dogs.  Thats just sad!

9. Pearldiver profile image68

Yep ..... It's a CheapShot Thread!
    Hit and Run...
    2 hours and the OP doesn't take any further (direct) involvement!

Must be busy writing lol

lol lol
      always the same story: Hit & Run !

10. Brian Leighton profile image57
    Brian Leightonposted 14 years ago

I am new here and can only say that I have not experienced a personal attack or crude remark from anyone on either of my 2 hubs or indeed in any threads in the Forum.

Do you feel like you are personally under attack?

1. Pearldiver profile image68
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to HP Brian.
      This is a wee game that gets played here on occassion:
      It's called: Let's Try and Get a Rise so the Fish gets Banned!

You can generally notice it; by the fact that they Never Use Fresh Bait lol

1. Brian Leighton profile image57
        Brian Leightonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Pearldiver for the welcome.

If anyone wants to make a demeaning attack on me, please feel free as my topics/hubs are not really controversial enough to warrant attack.

Maybe that is also a possible answer?

1. thisisoli profile image72
          thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your dog flu guide completely failed to cover other animals such as cats, how dare you portray such a bigamist attitude!

11. secondreview profile image61
    secondreviewposted 14 years ago

Idiots will be idiots.  No point arguing except for fun and killing precious time.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85

there are a few here with lots of time. lol

I totally agree with you.

12. Stimp profile image60
    Stimpposted 14 years ago

In addition, just because someone isn't pumping out 86,000 hubs a day because of their proficiency in cutting and pasting articles off the internet isn't at the same level of those who do, does not mean their thoughts should be thrown to the side. I could pump out a ton a hubs a day as well IF I wanted to cut and paste articles.  If this is your style FINE, I don't care one way or the other and I'm not criticizing those who do.  So, please don't criticize others for putting thought into what they write and the originality of those hubs.  Just don't go there, we all have our own styles and we should be applauding one another, not pushing each other down.   I choose to write original life experience of life in rural America while adding a comedic twist....that's just my style.  I also know people here who have joined HubPages for the sole purpose of participating in the forums but have no hubs at all, and probably never will.  Who cares?  They still have valid points.  They shouldn't be criticized or called less than a person because they aren't a top writer here.  So, for someone to say "Gee , 7 mos , and no hubs ? ! !" (note the blatant punctuation errors) what does that matter?  I don't get it. 

One last thought, I have ALWAYS found it true in myself and others that we criticize in others that for which we do not like about ourselves OR those whom we perceive to be better than us.  Work on yourself and stop attacking others.  Think about it.

Okay...haters....hit me smile

13. tantrum profile image62

You're not that important

1. Stimp profile image60

Again, you speaking to yourself or someone else.

lol lol How cheap !
        Just like cheaptrick. Two of a kind !  lol

1. Stimp profile image60

That makes three of us then, doesn't it, Sugar. ~Yawn~

14. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

these threads become so senseless. have you nothing better to do???

15. TINA V profile image69
    TINA Vposted 14 years ago

I posted a request for feedback in the forum when I published my first 3 hubs.  Unfortunately, one of the hubbers accused me of paying somebody as a freelancer to do my hub.  I was honestly hurt but it didn't stopped me to continue writing. I just tried to respect her opinion.

I suggest you also try to write an article of your interest. If you will receive negative comments, just take it as a challenge. Goodluck!

16. rebekahELLE profile image85

some people love the drama, some love to dish it out.

attacking people rather than the topic or behavior is nothing more than ridicule, they're attacking something of themselves in the other person.

17. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

There is just a sense about these things as far as what is appropriate and what is not.  Sometimes those who 'stir' are kind of funny and invite valid conversation - and oddly (or not) nobody complains about them, as it is sensed it is all in fun.

However, there has been a great influx (I've noticed) over the past few months of people just being nasty, calling people names and ridiculing.

And yes, of course it is completely psychological - those who feel the need to do this are projecting (psych 101) their fears and weaknesses onto others.  In some way, it 'relieves' them...without having to acknowledge their feelings.  I am the type who really cannot abide this sort of stuff - feel like there is enough of it in the world already.

I love to debate. I especially love to debate politics and religion. I have anger issues. Arguing topics on the forums or writing controversial hubs is a great way to redirect my anger in a  positive way. And I try to stick to the topic being discussed.(pysch 101)

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I didnt take pysch 101 ,prefering to take the bus instead lol
        learned whole lot more about people,trust me and no nutty professors to tell me his theories wink

1. profile image0
          Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Debate isn't what I'm talking about guys.  It is just fine in my book.

And you can read psych 101 on your own.  I did, wink.

TK almost got me banned a few time too. I know how you feel. I just dont address anything he says anymore.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
              Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why is he so interested in Lita?

1. yoshi97 profile image56
                yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

She looks great and is highly intelligent ... what's there not to like? smile

I'm told; stalkers have tunnel vision.

Yes, life is a good teacher, and as we've seen in the last few days; Pyschology can not always protect you from your own insanity.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
            Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Unless you used the book to actually knock the crap outta some people lol im joking;)

3. Friendlyword profile image60

Kiss Kiss

18. tksensei profile image59
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

Yes, funny how what we think we see in others is so hard to recognize in ourselves.

But then sometimes...

19. rebekahELLE profile image85

I'm with you on this Lita. there's come a point, when you just say, hey, is this your life? you have nothing better to do??
    I lose respect quickly for those kind of people.

it's a handful, for the most part, the people here seem to be really decent people. some are just ignorant of basic human interactions. lol

1. profile image0

Yes.  And the funny thing is that Hubpage management does not acknowledge the difference between those who bully and are nasty--and those who have a tendency to defend or stand up against them, in defense of themselves or others (instead of just ignoring).  Unfortunately, wink, for me also, haha, I have always been the latter.  And don't think it will change.

I realize it is just a forum, yeah, yeah, but the written word carries weight and therefore power and influence...anyone writing I think believes this. 

*edit - and I really am not talking about debate or just having fun arguing...there are just some here that ARE malicious trolls and should be thrown out.

The really funny thing is that the former so often want people (mostly themselves) to think they are the latter when the contrary is so obvious. It's a good thing that reality doesn't conform to demands, presumptions, and unchecked ego because too many competing interests would result in chaos and destroy the universe as we know it.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85

very true. don't you sometimes almost feel 'sorry' for them?
          it's like they forget that real people are reading their comments.

2. profile image0

Yes, Tk.  That would be you (so obvious you'd know) I reference.  And I have never bullied you or followed you.  Or called you any dirty name.  In fact, I was decent to you when you first came here...until it was obvious what you were. 

But some (and I'm not sorry to acknowledge it...let them ban me for it...I do not care) have no sense of what is appropriate socially or otherwise - in fact, they live to be nasty and to be as dirty and obstructive as they can.  That is commonly known as sociopathic behavior.  And it can be done through actions as well as simple words, gaming the system.

In reality, I have very little interest in you at all.  You are boring to me, as I don't find anything that you say of interest or carrying a lick of intelligence (sorry, just my personal opinion).  I'd just prefer you leave me alone or that they ban you forever, as you are an annoyance.  And it has nothing to do with any perceived differences in opinion on politics or otherwise.

Go ahead.  Yawn...  Hit that report button.  I do have a million other things I could be doing for three days.

That is, of course, a lie.

1. profile image0

Trust me when I say it:  I have absolutely NO interest in you at all.  You leave me alone (yeah, right), I will most assuredly leave you alone.

You know what they say here in Kansas: Whenever someone keeps repeating, "trust me" you know...

20. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Because, in today's society, almost everyone is defensive when it comes to two topics "religion" and "politics".

Unfortunately, these two topics can be really annoying, because people have a tendency to over-read-into-things, and make out what they detest most.

One person might find an insult funny, some wouldn't. It's relative to your attitude at the time you talk about it.

Religion is the who says what, what was said, and when it was said and if indeed any of it is factual inside reality. Which it is not.

Politics is perception. How the public perceives Government officials. What kind opinion the majority carries, because that's all politicians are interested in.

Politicians don't care about the people- they are greedy and out for themselves. Sure, some put on a great act, but the problem is the public buys the act, lock-stock and barrel.

And, it's killing society.

And, so is religion, it's killing society, because people refuse to accept FULL responsibility for their own life. And, that's the most obvious thing I conclude.

21. rebekahELLE profile image85

sometimes I forget to check and there may be an error, but if someone picks out my error instead of reading the post, well, their opinion wouldn't mean much anyway.

22. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Just remember, assumption leads to disaster, almost always.

23. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/bst/lowres/bstn406l.jpg

1. profile image0

A little more than that I know you know, lol.  But yeah, OK...  You always add levity!

24. RKHenry profile image64
    RKHenryposted 14 years ago

Some hubbers actually start their own forum topics about whether or not they should remain.  So when a hubber starts a forum like that, as selfish as it is, what of them?  Do they not deserve a necessary reality check? 

Some hubbers like personal attacks.  Some hubbers like dishing out personal attacks.  It is the nature of the beast.  However, what I find to be the most ironic characteristic of many hubpage hubbers, is the absence of the necessary, assertive self-esteem to debate.  Most insecure debaters, use aggressive behavior to hide behind, due to their own lack of self-worth and educational-acquired intelligence.

It is what it is.

1. profile image0

Dear God, RK (nice to see you!), don't mention education here, wink.

2. tksensei profile image59

It sure is.

25. yoshi97 profile image56
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

I think some people just like to get others going. I know a few here that seem to post only for that purpose. I've fallen for such posts in the past but I believe I have learned to take them less serious and recognize them for what they are ... a chance for someone to stir the pot and see what falls out.

The best way to stop such play .. ignore their effort and post on another thread ... which is why I almost didn't add to this thread, but I wanted to remind everyone out there that they were being led by the nose and needed to consider being their own house and not allowing another to steer them for their own amusement. smile

26. manlypoetryman profile image82
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

http://emilysutherland.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/perfect-harmony.jpg

"Why can't we all just get along...PEACE and Coca-Cola Harmony, Man...!"

27. Cris A profile image59
    Cris Aposted 14 years ago

hell yeah! i'm with manly

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&amp;id=VrWyTgBA3hGXLvF515xNxg&amp;size=lp

is Pepsi okay?   cool

1. manlypoetryman profile image82
      manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hell yeah...!

1. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image61
        I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Triple   Hell yeah! smile

28. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I just came from the "love your Hubs" thread to see what's here.  It was mentioned on that thread.  Looks to me like everyone has said whatever I may have said (do like debating, don't think attacking is part of debating, etc.)  smile

29. manlypoetryman profile image82

http://images.cafepress.com/image/14528563_400x400.jpg

"Peace Out!"

30. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image61
    I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years ago

Pepsi???   not what it's cracked up to be? Hmmmm...

You Like smile

1. Cris A profile image59
      Cris Aposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe cool

Hmmmm. wink

31. drej2522 profile image68
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

what's up, invictus...

32. Cris A profile image59
    Cris Aposted 14 years ago

For manly, invictus and all the peace addicts out there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLTw_ouiLCQ

1. manlypoetryman profile image82
      manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That was great...!

2. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image61

You are so beautiful, Cris...sooo lovely, Thanks! big_smile

Timeless inspiration.....

3. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image61

Lovely piece. Cris!

Thank you, must close my eyes, now....

sweet dreams...xx    ( eyes are melting) big_smile

when eyes melt, do the lashes descend one by one, like the sunflowers when the sun has set? cool

g'night cool

Melted  cool

as eyes grace the sleepy time
          dreams bestowed to chrimsn time
          shall my eyes open anew
          new day sought. life so true

Ciao bello.... I will be having very sweet dreams... cool

1. profile image0
            poetlorraineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

and did you

I did and often do, because our lives are but mere dreams...we get to choose whether our dream is to love, hell or any in-betweens..

This had been a great peace out moment to rest my eyes as my body continued to soar in the emotion of my poem...whew! smile

4. Friendlyword profile image60

Wow...Bless your sweet heart. PEACE!

33. manlypoetryman profile image82

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/5793934/2/istockphoto_5793934_hand_peace_sign.jpg

UUUHHH...Peace is the Answer!

34. manlypoetryman profile image82

Here's one from a group I know of that sings for real about "Peace"...and always has ...since the 60's!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOd-BT2N-18

And half a century later, we sing the same song...

2. cheaptrick profile image74
      cheaptrickposted 14 years ago

Has anyone noticed my hub score.how is that possible without writing any hubs?My avatar has nothing to do with religion.it is a visual crone.Anyone have an understanding of what a Crone is?PEARLDIVER,your arrogance is amusing.I bet you were a good little student in grammar school.Hopefully your blunted caustic mind will catch up with your perfect grammar.I PRAY it dose...

3. profile image0
      poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

hi did you see the challenge i set for you I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s is in the challenge forum started by Cris

umm..no...well...maybe big_smile   I will see if I can manage it.. So what are you looking for? A rant of what?

2. profile image0
        poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

yeah in prose, letting of steam about something, something about as unlike you as you can imagine,  it will probably be funny to those that are used to your kind ways, and luv poems.  You can just pretend...... but no red a tinge of yellow or green if you must

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)