Is anyone else this tired?

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (89 posts)
  1. visitmaniac profile image62
    visitmaniacposted 14 years ago

WOH! I pretty much stayed up all night and I sleep all crazy hours anymore. I just slept for a hour before having to wake up and help a new partner of mine from Switzerland.
    Just never seems to be enough time in a day! Hub pages does not help either as I just want to keep posting more hubs lol
    hahah sorry just rambling big_smile what are you up to gang?

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

try to get more sleep. it's healthier for you in the long run and gives your mind and all those little cells in your body a good rest wink

1. profile image0
        lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree Cosette, need more sleep myself-critical, that with good nutrition and exercise.  I however chose sleep zzzzzzzzzzzzz
        big_smile

1. profile image0

hey cutie smile

i can feel absolutely horrible without sleep and with just a few hours of good deep REM sleep i feel fantastic! it's amazing also how a good workout can make you go from feeling completely sluggish to feeling really energized. in fact that is where i'm headed now, wooHOO smile

2. Rangerwife profile image59
      Rangerwifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I work full time from home and I have two toddlers.  So I generally get about 6 hours of sleep a night.  It kills me, but I don't know what to do about it.  Last month I took a vacation alone and slept 10-16 hours a day.  It was crazy, but it felt good.  I just wish I could get that catch up sleep a little more often.

2. profile image0
    bloodnlatexposted 14 years ago

I usually get on average 2 hours of sleep a night.  I'm good.  sleep is highly over-rated

1. Wonder_Woman profile image57
      Wonder_Womanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Arent their statistics that say men die earlier if lack of sleep... but i guess your okay 'cause your a zombie right?

1. profile image0
        bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You might have a point...

What did you think of Zombieland?

1. profile image0

Haven't seen it yet. I'm gonna try this weekend..  Have you seen it?

OF COURSE!!!!!!!Love zombie movies. woody harrelson had the same sexy charisma he had in natural born killers so of course i liked it

1. profile image0

Right on!  I've got 4 year old twins, so I don't get to go out to see horror movies too much anymore.  I usually catch them on DVD.

2. Jimmy Boyd profile image66
        Jimmy Boydposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Probably, but if they sleep less, then they have more life experience in a shorter time. So I guess it evens out. LOL.

2. manlypoetryman profile image81
      manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yeah...but one of your eyes looks terribly bloodshot!? smile

3. visitmaniac profile image62
    visitmaniacposted 14 years ago

lol, do not get me wrong I love sleep smile I used to sleep like 10 hours a day hahahaha I am not sure if that is actually a good thing or not. Just lately it seems I get more done at night it is quite tongue

4. R.Edwards profile image63
    R.Edwardsposted 14 years ago

yea I gotta get to sleep earlier than 4 am most mornings....I get up around 8 though, but I still feel drained!

5. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Sadly for almost a year I have started to suffer from partial insomnia...yea it's no fun at all!

drink milk/or sex before you go to sleep..  ^_^ that usually helps

1. visitmaniac profile image62
        visitmaniacposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I may have to try these out more often wink LOL
        and gez if that's true about men dieing early I guess my butts going to bed right now. Cya all later big_smile

lol sweet dreams ^_^

2. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol yea but my body is tired just not my brain

LMAO! I read an article somewhere that its helpful to create a periods for yourself throughout your day where you can reflect on things, so come bed time, you wont lay awake thinking of all the drama in your life. smile

1. profile image0

HAHAHA that's the worse part most of the time it's not the drama in my life just random thoughts about stories, movies, occasional stuck song...I'm screwed lol

you know what, that happens to me too. my associates are for veterinary medicine, i didnt finish my school bc of money. But lately im obsessed with shoe fashion. thier are night i lay awake designing shoes in my head. so what i ended up doing is keeping a scrap book next to me and doodling anything that comes to mind. it helps ease my mind . maybe it might help?

1. profile image0

hmm time to think about going into designing shoes then for ya. smile You should post a hub about your shoe designs and get some pics up of yur doodles. that would be cool! And yea i have a lot of notebooks around but if I get up to write...I keep writing and I get even more tired and don't sleep and yea it gets bad. sad

but be happy bc some people dont have a creative bone in their body. regardless of the sleeples nights that come with thinking of shoes, i love that i am able to imagine things, be creative, have a dream of maybe openging my own store. im trying to save money so i can go to design school.THATS A REALLY INTERESTING IDEA.... ABOUT THE HUB FOR MY SHOE DESIGNS... defenetly gonna see if i can try it out

3. profile image0
        poetlorraineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

how do you drink sex

im trying to think if i should explain or just give you a perverted answer.... hmm... lol

4. Paradise7 profile image70
        Paradise7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Milky sex.  Milky way.  I'm about beat, too, rambling, in a weird mood.

6. myownworld profile image72
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

it's not so much sleep itself, but there is one thing I long for: to just lie in bed one morning...just simply lying there alone with one's thoughts......the phone switched off...nowhere to go...no work...eyes closed...just enjoying that moment! how refreshing would that be?

7. profile image0

I still have to go see Zombieland. A lot of my friends have seen it and tell me to go with hubby lol

oh it was awesome ^_^

8. retellect profile image72
    retellectposted 14 years ago

I've been feeling like I lack sleep lately, especially since joining hubpages. I just can't thinking of what to write about!

9. profile image0

I say go for it...make like 3 or 4 hubs out of it...different type of shoes for each one or color schemes you want for shoes..something like that. And when yer done let me know so I can go read it. big_smile

LOL wow thanks for the great idea, since most of them are doodles im gonna try perfecting them and see if i can make a hub out of them. I also need to get myself familiar with creating hubs and such. but thank you do much for the positive feedback ^_^

1. profile image0

Anytime girl! big_smile I like helping ppl out even if I can't help myself out sometimes lmao

and if i ever open a shoe store ill give you your free pics hahaha, ill make some tomboyish styles ^_^

1. profile image0

You make some kick arse combat boot style then I would so get them hahaha

lol and i will name them Crazdwriter combat boots.

10. pageantgirl31413 profile image76
    pageantgirl31413posted 14 years ago

HAHA I know the feeling having two babies and a husband that loves to stay up late. Thankfully I found this herbal tea that is like rocket fuel for humans lol. It is the only thing that gets me going lol.

11. John Alan profile image65
    John Alanposted 14 years ago

yeah pretty tired, too.  not gonna lie!

12. wsp2469 profile image59
    wsp2469posted 14 years ago

Yes.  I'm tired too.
    I'm also mentally tired.
    I'm tired of small-minded people who hold grudges.
    I'm tired of people who attack you behind your back.

*virtual hug* ^_^

1. wsp2469 profile image59
        wsp2469posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.  I needed that.  I pissed off someone in the forums and she is attacking me by flagging my hubs.
        Luckily, Hub pages know who she is and will hopefully encourage her to stop attacking me.

1. profile image0

i have said this before..that i wish Hubpages would let us see who is flagging our hubs... i mean, we get to see people's IP addrssses when they leave comments on our hubs...why not let us see the username of whoever is flagging down our hubs as well? i think it is reprehensible that people flag other hubbers just out of spite. i mean one or two of the posters comments in the religious forums annoy me but i would never flag their hubs ever. (i don't read then either, but that's beside the point wink

2. profile image0

Are you serius wsp? someone flagging your hubs just because you pissed her off on here? wow she must be stupid or something. I am sorry you are going through that. and cosette I like that idea of being able to see who is flagging our hubs just to see what idiot it is lol

Well, put it this way, i have been here for 5 months and only one upset.  We kissed and made up and everything was fine.
            Now after posting in forums I have several hubs being flagged all in the same day.
            You tell me!
            Someone pointed a finger!

1. profile image0

Damn wps that is lame. I am sorry she is doing that to you and I hope that she stops before she gets herself banned or deleted. But yea ppl can be stupid like that. But hey you only upset one person so far so you are good lol. I upset one too but we are okay now and I don't think any of mine are flagged...who do you know?

1. profile image0

hmm...

i just realized this guy is the same person who i had a slight row with in my 'under 18' thread....and he is using the pronoun "she"....i certainly hope he doesn't think it is me who flagged his hubs. i have never even visited his profile, and even if i did or hated someone's guts i wouldn't do that. why not just ask the Hub team to tell you who it is, WSP? they see everything, you know. until then don't go around implying stuff until you get your facts straight.

fond regards and all.... roll

(lol @ ralwus smile

i am finding HeathTip's hubs surprisingly interesting big_smile

Now Coz, in America we are all innocent until proven guilty.  We had no row.  You just misunderstood me and I misunderstood you.  I just think we all waste too much time in here in forums and thought you could have avoided wasting time.  I didn't know you did it more because you like to chat in here.  I understand now.
                  According to what I hear, the hub team is NOT just going to TELL me. . . or anyone else.  No need to roll your eyes.  I have been keeping track of where I have been posting comments.  I am pretty sure the gender of the person who started this is female. No need to be defensive right now.  DO you truly think I would say it was you if it was?  No, not here. 
                  I would say talk to me some more and let's make sure you know I like some of your hubs, you take my comments to seriously sometimes and I have nothing against you.  We would then cyber-kiss and make up and that would be that.
                  In fact, I have seen some of those Wal*Mart pics in my e-mail  and I thought it was GREAT that YOU at least had a chance to post some of them since I have not yet.  Don't know why my compliment on your initiative never made it up on your hub but i think that's great.
                  But,I digress . . . We now return you to our regularly scheduled topic . . . I hope!
                  Sorry, y'all!

1. profile image0

oOo....i like kissing.

wink

good. just didn't want you thinkin' i would be all mean like that. whoever it is must have some moral issues with it, judging from your other thread.

2. wsp2469 profile image59

I used the pronoun she for a reason.  I can't really say why.  I'll just have to make some more friends in high places.  I swear, almost 14 hubs to date flagged for no reason in some cases. 
                It's okay though . . . time for people who actuallymake money to watch their Ps and Qs.  This was annoying but did NOT cost me money.  It COULD, however, cost others money if it happened to them.

yeah, there's the thought for the day, huh?

2. profile image0

aaaa wsp! *HUGS* I'm sorry dude!

Thanks crazd.  Didn't mean to steal your thunder.  I would not even post in forums but supposedly it is expected.
        people don't have a sense of humor.

1. profile image0

Don't worry wsp I have a sense of humor...gross and weird at times but I do have one. And no worries just hijacking a thread lol oops

13. profile image0

sweeet that would be cool and funny because what I awnt to do when I get published is have Crazdwriter in my name for author. big_smile and then if you did that hehehehe it would be cool. Just hope that not everyone wants to get them I hate starting trends! LMAO

14. Jane Dee Summers profile image61
    Jane Dee Summersposted 14 years ago

That's why I hate to sleep late, all this flagging going on and I missed it.

I guess we could be worse off, if people were still being flogged.

Let your fingers do the talking. And then get some sleep.

Oh what bliss to be young!

Chow, chow, have to get my beauty sleep. I look in the mirror every morning and all the sleep in the world has not made any difference.

Good night all. I'm in a another time zooooone!!

1. profile image0

Good night Jane and I may be young but sleep don't come easily lol

15. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

yes. i think if they displayed the person's ID etc., they might think twice before doing something like that because i think that's malicious. i don't LOVE everyone here but i just ignore people who i disagree with. people get all vendetta-ey...wink

well i have to go for now.

later tater smile

1. profile image0

All right chat at you later Cosette and yes that is still a great idea

16. Jane Dee Summers profile image61

A little advice CT. You can't do anything about what is bothering you at night my dear friend, so you may as well have a good sleep.

Try and break the habit.

17. profile image0

If I could Jane I would but it's not worrying about stuff as much as my brain just won't shut up at night lol yes sometimes worry about things but a lot of times it's just overthinking stuff like a story I'm writting and stuff like that or I just try and think of a scene in a story with me as a character to try and shut it up, like force myself to dream almost but that doesn't work either. *sigh* my brain sucks lmao

18. Jane Dee Summers profile image61

Nothing wrong with an overactive brain, but it needs rest.

You don't want to end up being crazy writer CT. You're too young for that!

Good night.

1. profile image0

maybe I am already crazy just don't know it yet... and yes I am trying things to get it to shut up but so far no good. GOing to try making a lavendar mist to help me sleep, a friend has the recipe for me, or trying to make a Dream pillow a hubber has a hub about it.

And good night Jane chat with you later

19. Jane Dee Summers profile image61

Good girl. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

20. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Go read some of HealthTips hubs, that'll help ya sleep. wink just kidding

21. rivet3000 profile image59
    rivet3000posted 14 years ago

I have a good balance of sleep and working.  I am a registered nurse so I get up at 5:55 am, get dressed in 10 minutes and drive 25 miles to the hospital.
    On my days off, I relax, go to Starbucks and devote my time to Hubpages.  I really love this site because there is a lot of things to talk about.

Would love to increase my fan base, so if anyone is interested, please drop me a line.  Have a great day!

22. profile image0

Yea a horribly scary thought, wsp, having money taken away from you for no reason and just because someone didn't like what you had said. How do you know if yours is flagged? I guess I none of mine have thankfully been flagged since I don't know haha

23. profile image0

No worries wsp you guys needed to clear the air it's all good. the forems are good for that and yea I have been in here way too much too...can ya tell? lmao I need to get back to hub writing but I told another hubber I'm sticking to 62 until he catches up with me big_smile

24. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I'm supose to get that machine for my sleep apnea the Doc promises I'll feel better and awake.

1. profile image0

machine for sleep apnea? OOO HUB HUB HUB big_smile

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I guess I should.

1. profile image0

I would definitely read it! I like hubs about sleep...since I can't HAHA

2. profile image0

have you tried a didgeriedoo?

seriously...playing one is supposed to help people who suffer from that.

http://www.laoutback.com/images/parts/SnoringPopUp.html

note: not my site or anyone i know...just something i found in the web when i was shopping for a didgeriedoo. (not for medicinal purposes but for fun purposes)

i hope you feel better.

25. wsp2469 profile image59
    wsp2469posted 14 years ago

Okay, tonight I respond in a manner which is more "typical" of "me". 
    I find making love to be a two-edged sword.  it makes you tired to do it (right) and science has proven that a man having an orgasm releases a chemical into his body that makes him drowsy.  All he needs to fall asleep after the release of that chemical is to hear just the briefest mention of any nonsense.
    it works like a charm, ladies, try it with your men who cannot sleep.
    of course, the OTHER side of that is the cure cannot be implemented properly if the male is already fatigued.

(See?  No b*tchin' about 14 hubs flagged in one day or begging any of you to open--NOT READ or even look at the pictures--a lot of my hubs to make up for any points I lost without those hubs.  I don't normally care about scores but am now concerned because someone in another forum said the powers-that-be pay too much attention to people with scores under 75 so my high score so far of 88 woudl be better, right?)

26. zadrobi profile image62
    zadrobiposted 14 years ago

Hahaha and there we have it: the universal cure for insomnia/ sleep troubles.

Just rub one out when you go to bed and you'll sleep like a baby! yikes genius!

27. elisabethkcmo profile image77
    elisabethkcmoposted 14 years ago

I'm so tired..... of being admired  (Madeline Kahn)

28. Wonder_Woman profile image57
    Wonder_Womanposted 14 years ago

Today I am extremely tired, like ready to walk out of my job and get drink tired

1. profile image0

Hmmm....  Did you pull an all nighter?

just tough night last night. i hate my job but at the moment i dont have any other alternative job to turn to.My bf is unemployed so even if I wanted to quit, we wouldn’t be in a good situation with both of us being unemployed.

1. profile image0

I hear ya.  I didn't get around to going to bed until almost 2, and was up at 3:45 for work.  Goodtimes....

and what is it you do?

1. profile image0

I design and test software.  It's the cure for insominia....
              I'm mainlining coffee as we speak.

that sounds like fun, and im sure the money is good right?

29. mcbean profile image66
    mcbeanposted 14 years ago

My daughter is 21 months old and has never slept throught the night.
    I am used to being woken up an average of 4 times a night.

You get used to it but that doesn't mean it doesn't suck

1. profile image0

GOSH you're cute smile

(i say that to people sometimes. don't read anything into it wink

ah...the Milky Way...i can see it sometimes if i drive a bit...

The Church - Under The Milky Way

when my son was born, people flooded us with good wishes...one day when i was walking down the hall, this guy named Kevin, somewhat eccentric and quirky but nice, saw me beaming and he goes "You'll never sleep again".

he was right.

i blessed him for that advice and it served me well over the years.

30. Mama Sez profile image62
    Mama Sezposted 14 years ago

I believe that it is not how long you sleep but how restful it was that will matter. Enough restful sleep can boost your immune system.  If you are sound asleep from 11 pm to 3 am, that would be the best, they say.

31. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I am exhausted - beyond tired.  Got a sore throat, cold, general blahs, and I have to get up every dam day at 6:30 AM (even my so-called day off) well, I asked for it.  I do get to sleep pretty early every night - but still feel bad right now.  It will pass.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)