Me Vs. Maddie (THE RACE TO 1,000 Fans)

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (54 posts)
  1. DJ Funktual profile image77
    DJ Funktualposted 15 years ago

I am openly challenging Maddie Ruud to a race to 1,000 Fans.

She currently has 980 and I have 195!

However I feel a bubbling under feeling inside of me that says, YOU CAN DO IT!

All I need is for everyone to in hubpages to join my fanclub immediately! then email everyone you know to do the same.  Then we will open a 24-Hour Fanclub Hotline where I will make campaign promises I have no intention of keeping. 

AND since I'm not afraid to throwdown Dick Dastardly and Muttley style, if necessary, temporarily UN-JOIN MADDIE's club.

If you think I'm kidding, then you've never seen the Wacky Races with Penelope Pitstop! 

Anything can happen and it's GAME ON!

1. SweetiePie profile image83
      SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Have you made a Myspace page yet and made a bulletin requesting this.  I am sure you could get many new fans that way.

2. DJ Funktual profile image77

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I am no good on a computer.  I can do hubpages okay by now.  But that's really it.   

That is why I always ask if any techies out there wanna combine forces.  I suck at it.  I could have already done 500 Hubs if I had help.   

I have so many things planned too.  I've never received a request either.  I like putting out so much stuff that you can't even keep up with it.   3 or 4 Hubs a Day (IN VARYING SUBJECTS) is my preference. 

Movies, Poetry, Music, TV, Movies, Top 5 Video, Music, Hotties, etc.

I haven't even STARTED talking about NEW YORK yet.  I'm gonna have the BEST tourist plans so you can get the BEST THAT CITY has to offer.  Instead of standing among tourists feeling lost, you'll be chilling in the tucked away Cafes and Restaurants that only the locals can find.

I even gonna tell you how to find the after hours places that have no signs.

My plan is simply to be discovered here or on youtube by someone who wants to take care of the crap for me.   Just let me work and send the check in the mail.   

I'M GUNNING FOR YA MADDIE!!!!!

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well, Jamie.  I'm already your fan, or I'd more than happily add to your number.  And I'm not my own fan, so I can't really un-join my own fan club.

PS> I just submitted a request to you.  Show me whatchu got!

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image91
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 15 years ago

[She currently has 980 and I have 195!]

Perhaps a nuclear accelerator would help. smile

4. DJ Funktual profile image77

ACTUALLY IT IS NOW 980 to 196!

5. DJ Funktual profile image77

Hmmm.  That's not an easy Hub.  I'll do the research after this weekend in Key West.  DJing a Wedding on the sand. 

I was really just drawing attention to you and your fanclub.  Crazy, kid.

I'm at 197!     Look Out!  It's a groundswell of support from all over the globe. 

HEY MADDIE HAS 981 now, WTF people!    LOL!   

WOO HOO some Flight of the Conchords fan has just jumped on board the Funktual Train.

All Aboard.

I know you're up to the challenge, that's why I submitted it to you!

I see you at 200.

6. Stacie Naczelnik profile image70
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 15 years ago

Well, I was already Maddie's fan, but joined DJ's to help even it out.

DJ Funktualposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks alot Stacie, good to have you on board.

7. ripplemaker profile image78
    ripplemakerposted 15 years ago

Well, I'm already both your fans.  big_smile

1. SunSeven profile image62
      SunSevenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Me too ! smile

1. kerryg profile image83
        kerrygposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Me three. Good luck, DJ! You certainly aren't one to step down from a challenge. smile

8. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

LOL

DJ - You are insane - In a good way smile

I just joined your fanclub.

Not only that - I un-joined Maddie's just to even things out a little (I can join again later).

And I have a request.

"What I learned about sci-fi films after watching the films Mark recommended"

Due - 2009 big_smile

Mark and Stacie in ONE DAY.

I will be away from the Hub all day tomorrow.  Enjoy the new videos!  It's about time I did some real mixing on the web.

9. DJ Funktual profile image77

Done!

10. DJ Funktual profile image77

Okay The Campaign Hotline is now OPEN.   You can find the phone number in the video here.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Cee-Lo-Green--T … ls-Barkley

Operators are actually standing by.

First One To Call Will Have The Job of Campaign manager!

here's that number once again.....

YOU could be learning about the most important musical force in the modern era and getting my company's phone number for your next event in one shot.

But before you do, for Muttley's sake. Un-join Maddie's club before it's too late!

NOTE:  Anyone who actually DOES un-join, please remember to re-join after I win the race!

This is Dark Dastardley!

11. darkside profile image66
    darksideposted 15 years ago

Ever heard the concept of biting off more than you can chew? tongue

Not with this big mouth!

12. DJ Funktual profile image77

Okay Maddie Now has 973 Fans which means this campaign is working!

Not one of you called my phone number at athe telethon but who cares?

I now have 201 fans on MY profile page despite the fact that it says 203 here on the forums.

is Maddie fighting back by hiding my new fans somewhere in cyberspace?

http://hubpages.com/hub/My-Old-School-H … ing-Videos

I Thought 2 NEW VIDEOS of Me Mixing OLD SCHOOL HIP-HOP CLASSICS might help!

35 Songs in less than 20 Minutes!

Send link to every breakdancer you know!

THE RACE TO 1,000 FANS IS STILL ON!

My wife gets in the act on the second one too.   Please support this cause!!

<Mark or somebody, please publish a picture of Muttley from the cartoon WACKY RACES.>

OH WELL~   Enjoy The Videos!

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Harder than you might think to find a decent picture of this dawg smile

http://www.propriedadesdeluxo.com.br/wp-content/uploads/muttley.jpg

<hehehehheheheheheheheh>

13. DJ Funktual profile image77

Well I appreciate your efforts sir.   Greetings from Key West HUBBERS!

14. DJ Funktual profile image77

CURRENTLY 991 to 206!    sad

15. DJ Funktual profile image77

Currently getting my ass kicked.    http://hubpages.com/hub/100-Funniest-Mo … 13---40-36   Perhaps this will help. 

Viva Le Resistance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. vietnamese profile image67
    vietnameseposted 15 years ago

Is this because Maddie got top number of fans or you just picked on Maddie?

1. vietnamese profile image67
      vietnameseposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You do really need a miracle boost though. She's 9 away from 1000! heheheheehe

2. Maddie Ruud profile image72

He's not picking on me.  Jamie and I are homies.  We have an understanding... wink

1. B.T. Evilpants profile image60
        B.T. Evilpantsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Being a jackalope turncoat, I have joined your cause, as well! rmr will probably cook me for dinner.

2. vietnamese profile image67

I knew that.... I was out of word choice so I used "picked" instead. What should I use next time? :-)

1. terenceyap07 profile image60
          terenceyap07posted 15 years agoin reply to this

"cajole" would be a good one, as in "cajole a response from her".

1. vietnamese profile image67

Is this the right one? I had to look it up.... hheheehehehehe After looking it up, I am not sure if I would use it though.

hhmmm... the only other word I can think of, then, would be "teasing".

17. DJ Funktual profile image77

I'm not picking on her I'm...ugh
    nevermind.

1. B.T. Evilpants profile image60
      B.T. Evilpantsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

rmr was already in your fanclub, so he sent me to join your cause. There you go, buddy.

18. crashcromwell profile image66
    crashcromwellposted 15 years ago

Next one puts Maddie over the top.....I'm already fans of both of y'all!

19. DJ Funktual profile image77

999?     OMG  Holy Shnikey!

OKAY THIS IS A STATE OF EMEREGENCY

Everyone must TEMPORARILY un-join Maddie's club now.   I just can't but YOU my heartless hubbers.  Un-Join quickly...

BEFORE I GET AN EATING DISORDER!   big_smile

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image70
      Stacie Naczelnikposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I wasn't on HubPages all weekend, so I didn't see this.  The sun may have prevented more hubbers from coming to your rescue.

20. DJ Funktual profile image77

Hurry People this is not a drill.  I do not have a sexy avatar to offer you.   Just these simple words of Kindness...

Please don't hate me because of my superior intellect and sarcastic attitude.

After all, I learned it from watching Mark Knowles.   He's...<wimper> my real father!

I learned it from watching YOU Dad!      ROFL!

*Terence remembers the eternal words uttered by Lord Darth Vader*

..."Luke, I am your father..."

LOL!!!

21. DJ Funktual profile image77

If got any sense of humor at all you will un-join Maddie Ruud's fanclub IMMEDIATELY.

She has 999 fans and I am on the brink of LOSING THIS Wacky Race!

Muttley!  Muttley you snickering do-nothing GET TO WORK!

Operators are still standing by on the hotline! as well.  Seriously, we could be having a conversation right now.

22. ProCW profile image79
    ProCWposted 15 years ago

maddie is at 999 right now... you'd better hurry!!! oops... you already said that... big_smile still... hurry!

23. DJ Funktual profile image77

People this is a state of fanclub emergency!

24. darkside profile image66
    darksideposted 15 years ago

25. jyuva profile image58
    jyuvaposted 15 years ago

1002 big_smile

26. DJ Funktual profile image77

Hey Maddie how come your profile page says 992 Fans but in the forums you are over 1,000?

I don't know how to feel.  big_smile

Feel good.  This is a bug that should be fixed shortly.  In the meantime, the numbers on profiles are the correct ones.

So you have 208, and I've got 992.  Together, we're well over a thousand.  Can't we just pool our resources and both win?

27. DJ Funktual profile image77

Of course, my dear.    Sounds about right.

28. DJ Funktual profile image77

You may now re-join Maddie's fanclub my friends because my quest has failed!   sad

Maddie has a 1,009 and counting and I'm only at 215.   JUST SHORT. <in Bob Uecker Voice>

Congratulations are this time due to our moderator Maddie Ruud.  Woo Hooo!

My Q for Ms. Ruud is:  Is it better to be feared than to be loved?   LOL! 

Oh and some good news on the Funktual Revolution tip!   Thank You for your support in my endeavors here, friends.    Teaching me stuff and such. 

Thanks to you guys in HubWorld I just crossed 1,000 PVs for the 9th time tonight!   I can't even believe that 50,000 people all over the globe have read my stuff and are gettin that funk up in their earhole!

Here's my Lastest and Greatest invention yet...   The KICK-ASS FLICKS! 
    Dedicated to Maddie of course I present....

http://hubpages.com/hub/100-Movies-That … --s-100-91  shameless.

Depends on the audience. wink

29. DJ Funktual profile image77

Nobody cares!!   Hooray!

30. DJ Funktual profile image77

Yay!    Nobody!   Celebrate good times, Come On!    It's a celebration.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)