If You're in Canada, Drop a Note Here...

Jump to Last Post 1-42 of 42 discussions (78 posts)
  1. AdsenseStrategies profile image64
    AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years ago

It's getting lonely up here. Am I alone???

1. alexandriaruthk profile image68
      alexandriaruthkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

it is too cold there for me, but next summer

2. profile image0
      Duchess OBluntposted 14 years agoin reply to this

From Ontario here

3. stoneangel444 profile image59
      stoneangel444posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are so not alone. Many of us are proud to have been born in Canada. I've lived all over this country and finally settled in oshawa after thrity years in Niagara Falls. It all started in Windsor. LOL

4. Richard McCallum profile image57
      Richard McCallumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am from the eastern townships!

5. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi! Im a Canadian born and raised. What's up!!?

6. kcreery profile image60
      kcreeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Whistler, BC in the house.  How are things?

2. lmmartin profile image68
    lmmartinposted 14 years ago

I'm Canadian, but I live in Florida half the year and Alberta the other half. Does that count, or even a half-count?

AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What the hey, why not

2. R-Mat Industries profile image60
      R-Mat Industriesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i'm originally from alberta and live in washington state full time.  my wife and i are planning on living in mexico in winter, so...  sure it counts.

3. megs78 profile image62
    megs78posted 14 years ago

I'm a Canadian.  From Quebec.  Well, Ontarian originally, but now here I am.  Ca va?

I am an "adopted" Quebecker, though I am British by birth... and now live in Eastern Canada (for now). Can't get Quebec out from under my skin though, all the same.

4. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Isn't that where the Canadians live?

5. ForTheInterim profile image64
    ForTheInterimposted 14 years ago

Another Canadian here! Originally from Ontario (London) but currently living in Montreal.

lmmartin - Depends which half of the year you're in Alberta!

1. lmmartin profile image68
      lmmartinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Which half would you pick?

6. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Right here in cold Toronto Ontario, yes in Canada eh?

Hi y'all!

Gotta love Canadians eh? lol

7. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I'm in Ontario. There are a few of us here.

8. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I was born in America, but my ancestors were from Canada. lol

That's cool. Funny to think there could be such as thing as "Canadian ancestors" smile Canadians are usually trying to find their *own* ancestors from other places

1. RedElf profile image89
        RedElfposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not all of us. When I was in grade school, it was common to be asked "What nationality are you, where are you from"? We would always answer "I am Canadian - I was born here" A litany of questions would then ensue "Where were your parents born?" (Canada), Where were your grandparents born? and so on, going back until they finally found some ancestor born in another country, and that's what you were! Being "Canadian" simply wasn't good enough. Why the schools had to find our ethnic origins rather than accept our country of birth always escaped me - especially here, where we are descended from so many different cultures.

1. Dale Mazurek profile image61
          Dale Mazurekposted 13 years agoin reply to this

From Alberta and a dam proud Canadian

2. Nolimits Nana profile image90
          Nolimits Nanaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can remember that also, from grade school. I always switched from
          English - my mom - to Swiss - my dad, until I realized that they were now both Canadians, and so I am too.

9. megs78 profile image62

yeah, I remember trying to be as Italian as my last name and always bugging my dad to tell me about our Italian heritage and all the traditions of Italy etc, before he lovingly but firmly told me that I am a Canadian.  Thats my heritage.  Period.

I'm inclined to agree with this. I was once in the company of two children in West Island Montreal arguing over which of them was "Scottish." I quietly seethed (I lived in Britain till I was fourteen, so I knew damn well *neither* of them was Scottish!)

1. megs78 profile image62
        megs78posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I finally accepted it. But it was kind of hard especially when I met my husband who is full Quebecker and full of traditions and culture.  Its hard not to feel as if you don't really belong to anything.  That nothing is really 'yours' so to speak.  Its ok though.  I know that being Canadian is wonderful.  Its always been wonderful.  Really can't complain over here.

10. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

You're not alone!!  I'm originally from Alberta but now transplanted in Ontario in the Nation's Capital.  But, I still travel out west and it's still "home" to me.  Canadians rock!

11. megs78 profile image62

I went to Carleton University in Ottawa!  I love Ottawa.  Great place to live.

12. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Yes Beth Canadians Rock for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! big_smile

1. Beth100 profile image70
      Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Literally!  Bryan Adams, Nickelback.....  lol

13. Jennifer D. profile image68
    Jennifer D.posted 14 years ago

I'm an American who recently came to British Columbia to live with my boyfriend. Don't know how long I'll be able to stay. We are going to Mexico for the winter. Not that I am afraid of the cold here... smile
    Anyone else from BC around?

1. RedElf profile image89
      RedElfposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Born in BC, grew up all over Canada - up north, out west, down east, you name it - now live in Northern AB.

14. Gregg Biancci profile image59
    Gregg Biancciposted 14 years ago

Victoria, Beautiful BC

15. my last breath profile image60
    my last breathposted 14 years ago

im canadian! been living in ontario all my life.

16. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Up by Winnipeg here tongue don't think nobody as cold as Edmonton! yikes -50 windchill?!

17. megs78 profile image62

I agree!  Edmonton is cold!  But so is Winnipeg.  I lived there for a year and couldn't believe the temps.  The wind was a huge factor there.  Fort MacMurray in Alberta was at minus 51 last week with the wind chill.  crazy weather.

18. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Okay, I made a comment in the feed that has disappeared, no idea where it may turn up smile

Kitchener is cold enough for me, -8C is as bad as I like it to get smile

1. mtkomori profile image88
      mtkomoriposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi, so glad to have found someone who lives near me. I live in Waterloo, not too far from UW. I think we had a pretty mild winter this year, less snow for sure. March and April were both dry though the temps were high. Now, this month in May, we are getting some rain, finally, though I miss the sun!

19. E. Nicolson profile image71
    E. Nicolsonposted 14 years ago

North Bay Ontario here -- although the heart is still back in Halifax.

20. Niteriter profile image60
    Niteriterposted 14 years ago

I'm not saying where... my conspiracy theories turned out to be true and now they're looking for me.

21. wjrcoop profile image61
    wjrcoopposted 14 years ago

Live from Kingston, Ontario ... it's Me smilesmile

22. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

There must be more of us Canuks out here on HP!!  It's snowing, snowing, snowing!!!  Gotta luv it!!!  smile

23. TheWatchman profile image80
    TheWatchmanposted 14 years ago

Vancouver BC here!

24. kcreery profile image60
    kcreeryposted 14 years ago

Whistler, BC here.

25. Muktu profile image61
    Muktuposted 14 years ago

Born in BC, now living in Toronto.

26. Enelle Lamb profile image74
    Enelle Lambposted 13 years ago

Born in Ottawa, raised across the country, living in the Lower Mainland, B.C. big_smile

27. sportyfunster profile image68
    sportyfunsterposted 13 years ago

In BC here....

28. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

from Ontario - on the west coast for 15 yrs. now - roots are calling be back tho.

29. Maddie Ruud profile image72
    Maddie Ruudposted 13 years ago

I will be in Canada in June for a week or so, but Canada is always in me...  half my genes are Canadian.  wink

30. saddlerider1 profile image59
    saddlerider1posted 13 years ago

Born and raised in Montreal, having been living on the Canadian prairies for the past 35 years. brrrrrrrr

31. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

If any of you fellow Canucks have written a travel hub about Canada, or any part thereof, I would love to include it in the hubtrails feeds - that is an initiative started by Ohma, Marisa, sunforged, sufidreamer, Cagsil and some others to promote travel hubs with RSS feeds and two external websites to provide backlinks.

I have created a Canadian capstone and have set up the provinces as well, so if anyone wants to be included please give me a shout.

I have linked up some of my older travel hubs and they have certainly perked up in views, score and rank...and, after the writing, it's about getting those pageviews...wink

To be included in the general feed, you must have no more than 15 tags, including these:

hubtrail, hubtrail-canada, hubtrail-americas

AND one of these:

For a hub on Canadian travel (not specific to any one province) add hubtrail-cantravel
    For a hub about BC, add hubtrail-westcoast
    For a hub about AB, add hubtrail-outwest
    For a hub about SK, or MN, add hubtrail-prairies
    For a hub about ON, add hubtrail-outeast
    For a hub on PQ, add hubtrail-belleprovince
    For a hub about NB, NS, PEI, add hubtrail-downeast
    For  hub about NF-LB, add hubtrail-therock
    For a hub about the arctic - YK, NT, NU, add hubtrail-upnorth

If you have a hub about a city or an area in one of the provinces or territories, please add the appropriate province tag wink

For example, a hub about the city of Montreal would need these tags: hubtrail, hubtrail-canada, hubtrail-americas, hubtrail-belleprovince

...and a hub about Canada's parks or beaches would need these tags: hubtrail, hubtrail-canada, hubtrail-americas, hubtrail-cantravel

How simple could that be?!

Do join us - it could be a way to get to meet some more great hubbers, and get some more action for your travel hubs! Spread the news, and if anyone needs any help, I'll be happy to do what I can to get it sorted out!

Cheers, and Happy Hubtrails!

32. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 13 years ago

I want to visit Canada, specially wanna see Niagara Fall

1. profile image0
      Charlinexposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Some of my hubs have Niagara Falls photos.  Hope you like them.

33. profile image0
    Charlinexposted 13 years ago

Hi I am from Toronto!

34. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/1390733_f520.jpg

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...i don't get it....where do you live?

1. timorous profile image81
        timorousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe the Greek One is a (sadly) die-hard Toronto Maple Leafs fan.  The other team of course, is the Montreal Canadiens.  Not that the other (4 is it?) don't count, just less so..I guess.wink

...I think he should move....must be hard living in Toronto and hanging out at the AC Centre waiting for the show to start....

1. Greek One profile image64
            Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

got it half right.. the other team is Team Canada.

(and yes, the other 5 don't count)

smile

2. Visiting Quebec profile image55
            Visiting Quebecposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The only thing that I have to say about the Toronto Maple Leafs is Howard Ballard, Howard Ballard, Howard Ballard.

Furthermore, I think he's probably still alive and running things.

1. profile image0
              Aka Professor Mposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The person's name was Harold Not Howard . The worst owner the Toronto Maple leafs ever had the misfortune of being owned by! A former Toronto Maple Leaf fan! One of the rare few that saw them actually  saw the Stanley Cup when the league was comprised of the Original Six!

1. megs78 profile image62
                megs78posted 13 years agoin reply to this

hey, while you're on the topic of hockey, can you do me a big favor?  right now my town is in the running to be named Hockeyville, a contest run by Kraft Canada and CBC and we need all the votes we can get.  We can win 100,000 dollars for arena upgrades (badly needed) and get to host a NHL game right here in our little town of Saint Raymond, Quebec.  There are only a few hours left so please go to www.krafthockeyville.ca and vote for Arena Saint Raymond!  It would mean so much to me and to our little town.  Thank YOu

2. timorous profile image81
      timorousposted 13 years ago

Lots of Canadians here...as you can see.  I used to live in Toronto...moved about 120km (75miles) northeast a while back.

We're very proud to be Canadian, we just don't shout about it, usually.

Yes, it can be very cold in the winter, although not as often or as cold as it used to be (damned global warming).  This is why hockey was invented...to give us something fun to do during those long winters.

It can also be damned hot in the summer, this year especially, it seems.

Stay cool everybody. smile

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

the best team in Canada....you're going to have to move....

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d159/19babe/Nolan%20Baumgartner/canucks_79381.jpg

hmmmm

got any pictures with them holding up the cup?

...how 'bout you?.....

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:zvX9sTesiQ6M5M:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5f/Mahovolich4Kelly8.jpg&t=1

LOVE IT!   ....and I like those men in black in the background.....geez...I wonder what year that is?....they didn't even wear helmets....waaaaaaayyyyy back then....LOL!....you must be really, really, really old....(oh excuse my age joke - that wasn't nice)....poor you.... can't lose your virginity and your team is probably 'rolling over in their graves'.....you darn Canadians!

Thanks for the laugh....off to work!

one more for the road.....

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy317/mlmvicbc/funnyasshocleygif.gif

2. Greek One profile image64

you probably don't remember the Leafs win all their cups because up until a few years ago, the West coast didn't have electricity, let alone TVs

tongue

4. savannahbree10 profile image61
      savannahbree10posted 13 years ago

I'm from Canada as well, Maniwaki Quebec, which is 2 hrs. from Ottawa-Hull.  Glad to see there are other fellow Canucks here smile

5. ravko profile image65
      ravkoposted 13 years ago

Langley, BC here and crap it's raining again today

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
        Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am Canadian; it's sometimes too cold there, so I move between Vancouver and Belize in a form of a living arrangement

6. ejashia profile image60
      ejashiaposted 13 years ago

Hello from South- western manitoba- The province of BIG ASS Mosquitoes~!

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
        Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hear Winnipeg in the coldest and hottest city in Canada, is that right?

1. prairieprincess profile image92
          prairieprincessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hey, fellow manitobans .... we should consider a meetup!

7. Nolimits Nana profile image90
      Nolimits Nanaposted 13 years ago

Hey, another Canadian. I'm from British Columbia, and live on Gabriola Island, the Isle of the Arts. We're just a quick ferry ride from Nanaimo.

8. Greek One profile image64
      Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

http://i1.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/250/draft_lens1845000module8152649photo_1287274229tim_hortons_coffee_cup.jp

9. AliciaC profile image93
      AliciaCposted 13 years ago

I live in Burnaby, British Columbia.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)