If Christians can't even agree... how could anyone else?

Jump to Last Post 51-75 of 75 discussions (322 posts)
  1. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I'd like to see either of you live without it! smile

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
      Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

why would I have to? Religion is not attempting to destroy science, they are the two hands of the same thing???

they are not opposites...
      they are not contrary to each other...
      they are not at war...
      they do not have to destroy each other to be...
      they are complimentary...
      one strengthens the other...

I don't know how else to say it to get it through to you Earnie...

earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They are opposites. Religion denies science
        No, science has no interest in religion other than religionist scientists
        Religion does nothing to strengthening anything, it is simply a belief in impossible fairy tales.
        I don't know how elst to say it to you.
        You can quit the covert hostlity of trying to abbreviate my name, I do not appreciate it, and the only people who do that are all believers like you. Funny that!
        lol
        Your left hemisphere not letting your right hemisphere see what it is doing?
        lol

Earny, no both hemispheres of my brain work well together as do both of my hands. Much like Science and my Religionist beliefs.

Impossibility suggests proof... got any? I didn't think so...

Well Michael G wiz, I already know you listen to and learn nothing from these posts. You just insist that an outrageous hate filled invisible entity controls our lives.
            I do not need to prove anything. You are the one who believes this crud not me! lol

Earny,
              If I were trying to convince you to change your beliefs I would be required to offer proof. Since I'm not trying to change your beliefs I don't. I'm not trying to change your beliefs because I believe that there is a 50/50 chance that what you believe is true. But I firmly reside in the 50 that says your wrong. Therefore calling you stupid and irrational (because you believe in something that you cannot prove)... Calling what you believe absurd, unprovable(therefore wrong) and silly again and again and again would simply be childish.

As childish as mis-using another persons name? smile

You reap what you sew, Earny.

lol You are a slimey one, I will give you that much! lol

2. Mark Knowles profile image58
                    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So - you do not actually believe in a 50/50 chance. Because if you did - you would not reside on either side. wink

I also agree. there is a 50/50 chance of a god. I can go with that.

And an infinite number of possible gods.

Therefore - you have infinitely less chance of being "right," than I do.......

lol

2. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

SEO IT!says... 

When I say "presets", I refer to the belief already set in the mind. Most of us have a tendency to set out to prove according to what we already believe, rather than keep an open mind. While I try to keep an open mind, I am aware that there are times I allow what I have "preset" to cloud my judgment. I personally know people who don't look an inch beyond the end of their own nose and "learn" from within that limited scope. Christians can fall to that as easily as anyone -- being only human.

I would agree entirely with your statement above; except for the use of the word "tendency". I see this practice as being more like an automatic reflex witch works hand in hand with our survival instincts. This is not a tendency but a 24 hour a day operational procedure that our mind uses in an attempts to protect its current perception of reality as "IT" sees it.

3. Jerami profile image58

I am sure that most everyone has received e-mails that show this to be true.
      A story in which every word is misspelled and some words replaced with other words and yet you can read that e mail as quickly as when it is written correctly.

Our preconceived ideas concerning what we are reading does in fact determine our understanding of what we have just read.

We are all unknowing victims of our own preconceptions that effect every aspect of our life and beliefs.

4. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 14 years ago

Q,

???

did you read all my posts to come to that conclusion or just popped in for a quick bash-n-go?

5. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Hey Earnest!  We have to stop bumping into each other like this!  lol  Have fun!!!

Hey Beth! Good morning! smile

1. Beth100 profile image70
        Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

How's your week starting?  I'm heading out to catch some salmon for dinner.  You have fun!!!  I'll catch ya later! smile

That sounds like great fun!Salmon is one of my favourite foods. smile

1. Beth100 profile image70
            Beth100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

i'll send you some...fresh or smoked?  okay, gotta run..sun's gonna set in about an hour and a half...it'll be too dark then!  kisses for you (early valentine's for you!) xxx

Thanks Beth! I love salmon any way at all! smile
              Happy fishin! smile

6. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

The more I learn about religion the more confused I get...

You and me both.

1. Webmatron profile image58
        Webmatronposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe I can help.

Religion is, simply put, the way that people attempt to get out of having to face the truth and accept nature.

Nobody knows whether or not there is a God.  It isn't really relevant.  Everyone could concede to agnosticism, and the primitive would still always be looking for a way out of nature.

Look around.  Perfectly secular atheists do it all the time with ideas like feminism and animal rights, as opposed to general respect for all life.

Balance and the pursuit of truth are just not enough for most people.  They have to have some sort of ideology that offers them an escape from this.  The persistent belief that some Santa Claus in the sky or pseudo scientific social theory can save them from nature is popular because it makes people think that they have some control over their lives, but at the same time can blame some external being (God) or internal albeit impersonal molecule (DNA) for their failings.

There's a lot of money in such things, but I think that's a side benefit that profiteers kind of scavenge from the overall human condition.  Until humanity evolves past that, there will always be people willing to pay preachers and other social engineers to lead them every way except forward.

So yes, be confused and baffled.  It's a sign that you are evolved enough to walk with your eyes open, that you can't see how people would be so silly.  It's cute in a way.

What do you mean by your use of the word 'nature'?

1. Webmatron profile image58
            Webmatronposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What is, despite human perspective.

Few people, at the moment, are capable of embracing what is, rather than what we, with our limited knowledge, perspective, and even ability to perceive or observe, think is likely so.

We can't just roll with it and try to max out our potential without either Sky Santa or perceived science holding the stick.

Religious people pray rather than hoping, professing intent, and acting like the supposed children of God they believe they are.

Non religious people seek loopholes and insist upon the promotion and enforcement of ideals that are just as objectively unnatural but evolutionarily natural and yet primitive as Sky Santa.

Acceptance of nature has to include the acceptance of human nature.  One must accept it in order to surpass it.

Easier said than done though, since none of us is sure exactly what that is, except by looking at human history in indivdual, honest detail.

So really, as far as what I mean when I say "nature"...I can only kind of vouch for what I think I know/have learned thusfar, but I know "somewhere out there" is a truth that even I am not and may never be privy to in this lifetime or any as a 3 dimensional creature.

That truth is what nature is, and none of us is smarter than it.  The world would be a much cooler place, I think, if more people got that idea.

2. drej2522 profile image68
        drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I say become ignorant and stay that way...it seems like the way to go these days. hmm smile

7. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

yikes

8. profile image50
    The Paulposted 14 years ago

If it's true that given a universe exists there is a 50/50 chance it has a creator god (not that that makes any sense) that doesn't leave us with a 50% chance of god.

Of the trillions of gods we could imagine, many of them are observable and from observation we know they don't exist.

If we've got a universe and some sort of hyper-cosmic die toss is determining whether or not it has a god... well even if we can't see what numbers came up on the dice we can see which ones didn't.  There's a bunch of god numbers we know didn't come up.

There are fewer possible god numbers than non-god numbers.

So it's not at 50/50 even if we assent to such a bold assumption.

There is a 1 in infinity chance that any exact description of God is 100% accurate.

there is a 1 in 50 chance that a God exists at all.(1-50) [50 chances]
      and there is a 1 in 50 chance that a God doesn't exist at all.(51-100) [50 chances]
      50=50 50 is not geater than 50 nor is it less than 50 therefore they are the same hence = . therefore the equation is a 50/50 proposition.

That what you claim is 100% exactly accurate is a 1 in infinity chance.
      That what I claim is 100% exactly accurate is a 1 in infinity chance.
      Therefore again our odds are the same in both cases 50/50 .

1. profile image50
        The Paulposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll explain with dice.

If I throw an ordinary, fair, six-sided die, the probability the numbers come up in the upper half of possible results is 3/6 or 1/2 or 0.5 or however you care to express it.  Pretty simple, I'm sure you understand it that far.

If I attach an electronic device that die so that it emits a loud electric beep if it comes up 4 or 5 (and the die remains fair) and then I throw the die the odds are exactly the same,  50/50 that the result is in the upper half of possible results.

But if I am blindfolded, and the die is modified as I have described, and I have already thrown it, and I have heard no beep, what are the odds it has come up in the upper half of possible results?

It might be tempting for some people to say it's still 50/50, but if the die is in the upper half, it is showing a six.  The odds of a six showing are not 50/50.  The odds the die has come up six is 1/4, and so the odds the number showing is in the upper half of possible results is also 1/4.

That might seem counter-intuitive, so consider 6 trillion trials of the die toss.  The die is fair, so each possible result should have come up 1 trillion-ish times.  A trillion 1's, a trillion 2's, and so on, a trillion 6's.

When we are considering a scenario where I have heard no beep, we know the die is not showing 4 or 5.  When we discard all 4 and 5 results we're left with a trillion each of 1, 2, 3, and 6 on about 4 trillion total trials, which roughly expresses the probability in this situation.

Of 4 trillion total results, only 1 trillion sit in the upper half of all possible results of a die toss.  1/4.  If you don't want to take my word for it, look up the Monty Hall problem, it's similar in concept and less abstract.

Now of the gods that could be suggested, infinity gods if we allow for infinity detail of description, a significant portion are detectable.  The metaphorical die beeps on certain results.  If we started with a 50% chance that some god, any god, exists, we're now down to somewhere under 50% because we know many of the possible gods do not exist.

A god who will appear before me and deliver to me a donut if I type, "slcuga'" for instance, I know does not exist.

Now, it's true that infinity - 1 is still infinity, but we've only got infinite possible gods with infinite detail of description.

We know an omnipotent, omniscient god who shares our moral sense does not exist because we would easily detect it if it did.  Some goes for an omnipotent, omniscient god who shares our moral sense and has blue hair, an omnipotent, omniscient god who shares our moral sense and likes Iron Maiden, an omnipotent, omniscient god who shares our our sense except for it thinks hangnails are pretty cool, and so on.

A powerful god that communicates it's will plainly is similarly ruled out no matter how many details are added.  We can knock down whole swaths of gods here.

And furthermore, most of the undetectable gods we can imagine are pointless.

again your unfounded opinion.

1. profile image50

Come now, if you're going to hold an irrational belief, just tell me "I believe I am right and everyone who says I'm wrong is wrong."

Then I'll know not to bother trying to have a rational discussion with you.

You tease.

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image74

Ok, if you say so...

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/rolling.gif

1. profile image50

See.  Couldn't you just have done that from the start?

9. earnestshub profile image79

I't dead simple really. There are flowers in the bottom of my garden. OK possible, even likely.

There are fairies at the bottom of my garden. Nonsense! lol

50 50? lol

10. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Hey earnest, hey Mikel, hey Jerami...wanted to stop by and say hey smile

Hiya crazd! smile

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How have you been earnest?

11. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Drej! love the new pic...is that a cheetah? smile

1. drej2522 profile image68

Crazzzzzzzzzd!...leopard...sleeping leopard. It was a nickname of mine years ago. smile

1. profile image0

Of course! leopard. cheetahs and leopards look a like when far away. He is soooo cute though! Can I go sleep with him? as long as he keeps me in the tree lol what was a nickname of yours? Leopard or Sleeping leopard? smile

1. drej2522 profile image68

ha, sure sleep with the leopard!

And it was just Leopard. I experimented with my hair and bleached portions of it...And when I had it cut again, it left a checkered pattern of yellow and black...so, leopard. smile

and sorry for getting off topic, religious thread...although, I find this conversation just as...educational. tongue

1. profile image0

okay goodie lol

and interesting hair experiment. have any pics?

12. Jerami profile image58

@ crazdwriter    Hay back atcha.  Just got outa hot tub. When ya get old that will call for a power nap.
    But wanted to say HAY .. first.  back in a bit.

1. profile image0

ooo hot tub sounds nice. Have sweet dreams during your nap smile

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Poor choice of words on my part...   Hot Bath, I shudda said. now off to lay down and fall tosleep watching UFC.     Back in a bit.

13. drej2522 profile image68
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

crazd...hmmm, that was over a decade ago...hmm, I would have to really dig for those pics!

1. profile image0

Dig boy dig! lol just kidding it's okay if you don't do it

14. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
    Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years ago

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/rolling.gif

1. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mikel, how do i make those avatars?

When you reply the text is all there, all you have to do is copy and paste it into your reply... here it is again----->   http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/rolling.gif

that's is all there is to it.  wink

15. thevoice profile image60
    thevoiceposted 14 years ago

holy human birth right with God Jesus the holy spirit you are the living DNA of God.

I think your in the wrong thread... that was the cagsil grail thread...

2. profile image0

finally a clearer 'voice'. thank you, thank you thank you!

16. die(go) profile image61
    die(go)posted 14 years ago

Religion is the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power. We all have one. What is it to you?

1. profile image0

a religion is classified as that, but in fact is not.
      a religion is a system of beliefs based on theoretical ideologies/proofs/documents that lead one to accept certain things as truth. Whether or not you add 'superhuman' to it.

religion:

A collection of practices, based on beliefs and teachings that are highly valued or sacred.

-Any practice that someone or some group is seriously devoted to.
      -Any ongoing practice one engages in, in order to shape their character or improve traits of their personality.
      -Our ideological and traditional heritage.

hmm, sounds the same as science, social networking, etc.
      again, the point: all 'religions' are impractical, illogical -be them under the guise of super-natural or scientific method.

( New Age: the wedding of the millennium a critique of the relationship between science & theology )

1. profile image54
        (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Haven't yet read that definition? You should.

1. profile image0

Q, read it and whatev'z.
          Fact is fact.

Science is just another guise of control, same as any theology.
          It is a belief system, having a set of specific methods/practices/rituals based on logic/information to determine some outcome/proof.

it is an all respect a form of enlightenment/discovery.

I posted the definition in another forum thread just yesterday:
          "is everyone a scientist"

Cheers.
          and hey, thanks for speaking up

1. profile image54

Nope, that's not it. Let me help you. Science is a method of understanding how our world works through observation and experimentation.

I have no idea what you're referring.

17. GreatContent profile image60
    GreatContentposted 14 years ago

The attitude is that one should not care initially about why the majority of Christianity disagrees with each other. The individual person should personally investigate to their own conclusions..... working hard to keep what they believe in line with the word.

18. Jerami profile image58

If Christians can not agree what they need to do is to find their commonalities and pitch the rest, 
      And then build something from there.

19. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 14 years ago

I think the answer to why so many divisions and splits ,were when the next translation was made slightly different words made slightly different interpretations and rather than always translating from an original to a new language out in hub to spoke fashion it was sometimes done in series , further confusing the interpreted text and obscuring the meaning to make different fragmented views from what was supposed to be the same content... Kinda like the reason why robots.txt/block are added to translated articles on google so whenever a translation is done it always gets the translation from the original to keep the chance of obscuring the document from happening. if you translate from the already translated document every time the text becomes slightly blurred and obscured from the original. - DISCLAIMER - the poster does not reflect the views of Christianity or Atheism so all posters should consult a physician or medical doctor b4 beleiving these statements.

What you said is true;...  But that is no excuse for us. Why do we not go back and read The book of Daniel as if we have never heard any interpretations at all. Read this chapter as if we were a Lawyer or an English professor to see what these verses really say instead of CLAIMING TO BELIEVE THOSE THINGS THAT SOMEONE ELSE HAS READ THE SCRIPTURES AND THEN TELL US WHAT THEY HAVE SAID.

I think the point is 'christians' try to lend weight to their opinion by calling themselves 'christians' and making the statement 'christians' believe something rather than saying 'I' an individual believes something...

I'm talking before I think here as I sometimes do. Here I go.
            Sometimes people want to hide in a croud so they can say WE believe THIS,  when in fact "WE" do not believe that.  Depending upon the croud that "WE" are standing in, None of us know what we are standing up for.
             When people do not know what they realy believe but build a following upon that... Shame on US.

20. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
    Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years ago

I agree, and think we just said the same thing using different words....wink

yea I guess we did.   Sometimes people can hear something a hundred times and then someone words it a little diffrent and then...   OH yea that is what "He" meant when he said that??  GOLL...LEE ...  now I see.

lol   big_smile

21. profile image0
    Marliza Gunterposted 14 years ago

JESUS SAID HE CAME TO BRING THE SWORD, 2 WILL BE AGAINST 3 AND 3 AGAINST 2.  YOUR ENEMIES WILL FIRSTLY BE OF YOUR OWN HOUSEHOLD... YOU GOTTA THINK LIKE JESUS DO... HE'S THE BEST POLITICIAN AND BUSINESS MAN ALIVE!!

22. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 14 years ago

Its actually not about agreeing. Who believes what and which doctrine. The spiritual road to God is through jesus christ and it's a personal walk. Indeed we could forget about what's happening in revelations and when the rapture will be (not that there will be one lol). We can forget about who discerns genesis 3 properly or who can memorize the most verses. Jesus says you can get to the father via me for we are the same in mind, spirit and philosophy. So really all we need to agree on is what jesus preached. The good news, salvation and redemption by way of the cross, all else is irrelevant. Agreeing or disagreeing is a fleshly thing, like competition. Its all about jesus and what he did on the cross to save mankind. Like i said, It is a personal walk, loving god.

Just thinking out loud here after reading this post.

Jesus said that he and the father are one and that he is the only way to the father..
         Did he also say that we have to call him by the correct name???  NO !   But if he did ??  how can we be sure what the correct name is ??   
          If we had to call him by the "CORRECT"  name...  that would make it too easy for the deciever to cause us to fall.

I agree with the statement that; all that is revelant is that we follow those things that Jesus taught.
          And question all of the interpretations that man has inflicted upon his teachings.

23. profile image0
    blake4dposted 14 years ago

Wow, it is too bad that Religion and Spiritual beliefs inevitably bring about the kind of disorder, disrespect, and chaotic thinking that has been expressed in abundance if you have read through this entire forum post.

As far as the topic of Chrisitanity goes, historically the major division of thought does come from the edicts and decision to eliminate much of the written works in favor of keeping other texts in the modern Biblical translation, coming down from the Council at Nicea.

Also I don't think anyone mentioned that there have been new text that are still in debate/ The Dead Sea Scrolls around 1945, and the Nag Hammadi (Q texts) in 1972...and other points of reference might be looked at with the opening of the Egyptian pharonic tombs, and pyramid text and wall writings (yes most don't see these as Chrisitan but they were writings from that era).

Even more importantly much of the Jewish Toran (old Testament for gentiles) traces its roots and some actual stories to Zoroastrian & Hinduism (ie, Noah and the Flood, prophecies of Daniel etc.)and also that most Christian beliefs concerning Satan and the war in heaven come from Dante, Shakespeare, Francis Bacon, and H.C. Aggrippa (except for the Nephilum reference, Job, and some Apocryphal writingsalmost none of the Luciferian doctrine is Biblical).

And I will not even waste more time defending the arguements that make poor Jesus (be he a myth or a man is irrelevant). Like Buddha, Krishna, and all the good leaders before his time. His words is so twisted by the modern followers of Christianity, that most do more harm with their beliefs than anything else.

But more importantly, Look at what a bad example most of this discussion has been for someone truly seeking help, healing or guidance. It is shameful...that humans are still basically animals, myself the first to admit I am one of the herd.
    Blessed Be...
    An eternal non-believer...

24. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

Psa 133:1 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!

1. profile image54

... and with staunch and diametrically opposed religious beliefs. big_smile

25. earnestshub profile image79

So it is your devil that makes people disagree with your religion?
    That is so funny! Outside religion their is no devil! lol
    What a pointless thing to say!

Satan, the fairies fairy!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)