Is it possible for Pagans and Christians to be friends?

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (118 posts)
  1. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 14 years ago

On Facebook I know of at least two profiles where the people running them have offended some Pagans by comments they have made from a Christian viewpoint and links they have posted. I have seen this sort of problem before. So my question is: can Christians and Pagans be friends or do the belief systems cause antagonism and division?

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The beliefs certainly offend, especially if they condemn the other party to a life in hell! smile

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's possible to be friends, but not close friends.  I know 'cause I've tried it.   Each "side" has an agenda;  Christians want to see pagans' souls saved;  pagans want to have unconditional love but never have to hear the Truth.
      And....lol.....where's your mention of the Pagans offending Christians??

1. kess profile image60
        kessposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In a world where the  pagans and christian have no clear distinction, they can only have a chaotic agreement.

1. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

kess...

Jesus is God, in case you don't know that.....

1. kess profile image60

Why then would you run from your god when he shows up?

Just wait and you will see.

But it better for you to serve truth, for he alone  is the Christ and the one you do not know.

3. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I participate in a spiritual community that has Pagans, Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Agnostics and more.  I'm close friends with many people who do not share my specific religious beliefs and have been for my entire life.

It's not the belief systems that causes antagonism and division:  it's an individual's own choices and actions.

1. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Agree.
        But some religions are based in making differences between followers and the rest, which become sinners or lost souls.

2. Petra Vlah profile image60
        Petra Vlahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree; tolerance and respect is the answer.

3. Sufidreamer profile image80
        Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The same here - I count Pagans, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Sikhs, atheists and others amongst my friends. It makes little difference to me what religion somebody follows, only that they are true friends smile

4. TheGlassSpider profile image64
        TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hear Hear!! I couldn't have said it better myself. That sounds like a very special group you're a part of; I'd love to know more about it...if you're inclined to share.

4. ASHWINSPGA profile image58
      ASHWINSPGAposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In my opinion...There is only one religion in this world which can bring true peace and happiness within yourself and that is the religion of Love.If you start loving those around you regardless of their race language or religion ( pagan or christianity) thats when you take the first step towards the kingdom of GOD... :smile cheers

5. BDazzler profile image78
      BDazzlerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

People can choose to be offended or not.  I believe things that are contrary to paganism.  Pagans believe things contrary to what I believe.  We don't have to agree to get along.

Misty Horizon and I are great friends, though she is quite pagan and I am quite Christian. 

As a Christian, I must recognize that all people, even those I disagree with, are made in God's image.  That doesn't mean I have to agree with them, and that doesn't mean I have to believe what they believe and it doesn't mean that they allowed to instruct or teach me.

Deliberately taking offense is a form of petty tyranny. It is an attempt turn someone's natural empathy and compassion to the offendee's advantage. 

Taking offense when none is intended is, itself offensive.  Refusing to take offense when offense is intended is mature.

6. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think if we want world peace and love, we have to learn to be tolerant of all individual views.  Just because a point of view conflicts with our own, doesnt mean that it is wrong.  It just means it is a different point of view. x

7. Hmrjmr1 profile image69
      Hmrjmr1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Personally I can agree to disagree and be good friends with many different views on any subject Adds to life's spice rack. cool

2. Alessia Amnesia profile image60
    Alessia Amnesiaposted 14 years ago

I think true Christians and true Pagans can be friends quite easily. Those who use their religion to offend people of other religions and claim to be better than them because of it don't deserve any friends at all.

Christianity and Paganism are both religions of peace. If people would actually follow their religions, we would all get along much better than we do today.

Until people get over this whole "I'm better than you" complex, humanity is doomed to a world of war and hatred.

When there's a belief that makes differences in who is going to Heaven and who is going to Hell, without realising that people that don't believe are going nowhere,there will always be a  lot of 'problems'
      That's why the war and hatred.

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
      mistyhorizon2003posted 14 years agoin reply to this

So very true and such an insightful comment. Well said smile

3. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

True morality is required. Anything less is meaningless. big_smile

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

What happened to that short-lived thread?

3. profile image53
    rialeeposted 14 years ago

Bard of Ely
    It makes me sad to think that a) people get upset at what a faceless person posts on a www. The saying goes..."to your own self be true" believe this and get on with life. End of any war of words.
    b) this day and age we still place so much credence in other peoples belief system and we have not seriously thought through our own. Many people have been "raised" into "their" (term use loosely) beliefs and will not go against the family.
    Lets stop worrying about what others say, do and believe and we can have peace.
    Ah! who am I kidding...the world will always have wars, physical or words, but I can dream....lolol

4. Jewels profile image83
    Jewelsposted 14 years ago

It shows a major ignorance on behalf of the poster.  Pagans were the original Christians and their beliefs and practices and respect and knowledge of spirituality and it's link to this planet far outweigh what is currently borne out of Christian teachings.

You can clearly see how Separation and not Unity is the purpose of some religions.  Disgraceful ignorance.

Yes. But then when Christianity grew, pagans where the rest.
      And in ancient times the Canaanites where pagans to Jews.

5. aguasilver profile image71
    aguasilverposted 14 years ago

Most of my friends when I was a young man were pagans and wiccans, and along the line I also developed those traits.

When I came to faith in Christ, I still had friends who were pagans and wiccans, but it was difficult to stay friendly, as what they believed was diametrically opposed to Christ.

Christians by default accept Christ as God, pagans de facto do not.

Pagans also believe that their paganism is harmless and has no Satanic roots.

Christians understand it differently.

I can be friends with anyone, but once we speak together, many non believers decide they cannot be my friend, for they will not want to hear what I say.

The spirit in pagans cannot bear to be in proximity of the spirit in believers in Christ.

1. kess profile image60

I hope you do understand that darkness also stick together for it's common purpose though in the entirety of it's nature is chaotic. For within it each  element is repulsive to each other.

2. tantrum profile image60

It's all the way around. The error Christians tend to do, is belittle other creeds stating they're satanic. When they're not.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

Deleted

1. Sufidreamer profile image80

With you on that, Misty - it is not a view that I share. I have been to many Pagan ceremonies and enjoyed them, as I enjoyed Jewish, Muslim and Hindu ceremonies and celebrations. I was fortunate to meet many wonderfully kind and caring people whilst doing so, which is always nice smile

I agree with your statement totally, and object to the assumption by certain Christians that Pagans don't believe in a Christ. Much of the time what they don't believe in is the misinterpretation and mistranslation and alteration of the so called Bible, (written by men and not by God by the way). Infuriating when Pagans in general have a huge love of nature and the planet and the creatures on it (and have a need to protect same), yet are accused of being "Satanic" why exactly???

1. ASHWINSPGA profile image58

Because they didn't accet Jesus??? Thats how things are right? No matter how good you are, if you don't accept Christ then you are evil????? Hi Miss Misty:)

Weird logic huh Ashwin, especially when many Pagans do accept Christ, just not in the "brainwashed" sense of the word? Actually all the Pagans I know are animal lovers, planet lovers, want to look after the environment and try to help and support others. It is very un-Christian behaviour for such people to be told they are essentially following Satan... Golly, if that is what Satan wants I have previously misjudged him totally, and he isn't such a bad bloke after all LOL!

Yes Miss Misty. its a really wierd world we a living in. Would Heaven close its doors on me just because i did'nt accept Christ? Even if i lived my life being a good person?

Well I sure hope not Ashwin, in much the same way as if my pets won't be there when I pass I have no desire to be there either, (send me to where my pets and fellow Pagan's are.... i.e. where the truly loving God is located).

Exactly Miss Misty... Well Said.... God Bless You!!!

2. Cagsil profile image70

Bible claims ALL humans are sinners. Hence, evil.

How can a newborn baby be evil when it's born? It's already deemed evil before it ever acts?

I think not. smile

Sorry My friend but i kind of miss your point here.

1. Cagsil profile image70

I didn't miss any point.

You're telling someone that even if they spend their entire life good, based on morality, never harming a soul, ever...that they wouldn't get into Heaven?

That is absolutely absurd. And, ANY pathetic god that would turn someone away of that caliber.....isn't worth my faith.

You can keep it. smile

It was you, who missed the point. See...now?

Sorry my bad. But i truly agree with what you said. you voice my sentiments exactly.

2. tantrum profile image60

Because Christianity is based on marking the difference between followers and non followers. Non followers have to be Satanic and wrong.

LOL, that sounds about right... "it's our way or the highway"

Exactly ! lol

Sounds rather like more of a cult than a religion then. All the genuine Christians I have met never take this attitude, and are kind unselfish people ... e.g. fellow Hubber Mike107, a Christian who is not forcefeeding his interpretation of the Bible on anyone, and is a truly likeable and a kind and genuine person.

Of course I have Christian friends that are not like that at all ! but I find here in the forums a great majority of this kind of 'christians'

1. profile image0

God heard that.

Ditto that observation !

3. ASHWINSPGA profile image58

The world should have more people like us hehe

4. Sufidreamer profile image80

I can safely say that I meet few Christians like that in the real world.

Mind you, it is seen as very impolite to ask somebody their religious beliefs in Greece - there are plenty of other things to talk about and debate smile

3. Cagsil profile image70

Discreditation. smile

Yes, it's totally crazy, and reeks of the desperation of a cult trying to convince people everyone else (no matter how good and sincere) are wrong!!

6. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

kess,

we could argue all day about who Christ is and when He's coming back, and you'd probably still be stuck in your idea that He's  unknowable to everyone except you and a few others.

The Bible is plain.
    Christ isn't secretive about who He is.
    It would be awesome if you'd accept Him today!

1. kess profile image60

My message is plain if you forsake your false religion christianity and your beast the bible, and serve Christ from with you will inherit the kingdom of God the only true religion.

Then you will say I am,
      for you need no religious crutch to identify yourself.

2. profile image53
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Most certainly, Brenda has encapsulated the problem well.

Although she makes claims of both sides having an agenda, the agenda pagans don't have is to shove their beliefs down everyone's throat which most certainly is the agenda of Christians.

Christians want to change everyone to believe as they do and it is this that us heathens and infidels aren't interested, and it is precisely this that offends the Christians.

Hence, the reason why they can't be "friends" is entirely the fault of Christians, they want nothing to do with anyone who doesn't believe what they believe and will consider you offensive.

The agenda is plain as it is offensive. Because the Christian cannot get past this point, there is no hope for friendship.

7. Sanctus Vesania profile image59
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years ago

A lot of my former friends were pagan, and we never went for each others throats.  It's possible to be friends, but a Christian should still be careful.

8. William R. Wilson profile image60
    William R. Wilsonposted 14 years ago
  9. avangend profile image59
    avangendposted 14 years ago

To answer the original question: yes, of course. But there are two prerequisite attributes that both people must have:
    1. Knowledge that you do not know everything.
    2. Tolerance of those that think differently than you.

Most Christians will rightly acknowledge that truth is not exclusive to the Bible, and that truth comes from other sources as well. Nature, reason, logic - if there is a Creator somewhere, then these are gifts, not detriments. Too often there is the "my way or hell" approach to evangelizing, which is a major reason for the hostility towards Christianity, especially in these forums. "Do not judge, lest..."

Well said!

10. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

@ Denno

I changed my mind. smile

1. profile image0

Oh, okay. At least you weren't shut down. big_smile

2. ASHWINSPGA profile image58

hehe!!! I like you buddy...

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Ashwin. Welcome back, did not see you for a while buddy smile

Hi Misha. Everything went downhill 2009 and i was too busy mending my life. good to be back my friend. thank you so much

1. Misha profile image63
            Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hope life is treating you better nowadays smile

Yes. much much better Misha by the grace of God... Thank you very much.

1. G-Ma Johnson profile image60
                G-Ma Johnsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ashwin...I am so thankful to see you..Have been so worried about you my dear...My prayers have been answered and now I can rest...

I am just breathless and wordless...yikes) Hugs G-ma

11. profile image0
    PJ_Deneenposted 14 years ago

Yes we can get along and it's a two-way street.  I get along with Christians who try to live by Christ's example.  It's the ones who think they're Christlike but really just stroking their own egos by telling you how inferior you are that I can't abide.

Some Pagans, especially new ones, have Pagan Persecution Syndrome and see Christian stereotypes as the reality for the whole faith.  This attitude usually fades, but is annoying nonetheless.

It always helps when we check our preconceived notions at the door.

12. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

kess,

tell me about the Christ you believe Him to be.

I've talked with other gnostics about this, and they were very much like you, at least so far, in that they claimed Christ as their Master, yet say He's not the Christ of the Bible.

And the worst part is, they, like you so far, were always playing the rotten game of not answering direct questions and not answering questions directly.

So, let's have it-----who and where is the "Christ" you claim to know?   Tell me his edicts, his instructions;  tell me who his father is, and/or his mother; tell me who his adversaries are;  tell me if he's the Son of God the Creator;  tell me if he died to save any "whosoever" who would believe in him...

13. insearchof truth profile image85
    insearchof truthposted 14 years ago

Well I will say that the answer to this question has nothing to do with whether you are a Pagan, Christian, agnostic or nosepicker.  Different people get along with different people, depending on more than just beliefs, but also personality type, hobbies, shared opinions and the like. 

In fact I have heard is said that 10% of people just won't like you.

I am a Christian, but most of the time find I actually get along with 'pagans' better anyway. 

We can not type cast people by their beliefs only, as there are also so many different types of christians.

14. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

So much of Christianity is repurposed/renamed pagan myths, rituals and beliefs, I can't see why they couldn't get along if they wanted to.

What a breath of fresh air to see you here Shades. smile

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
        Shadesbreathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have beer breath right now, but I know what you mean, so thanks.  smile

No worries I have red wine breath right now, so you are not alone smile

15. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Wow! G-Ma! Today must be some special day as you appeared on forums. smile Hugs smile

16. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL David, there are so few of Christians of your kind over here. Most of them around are quite militant, intolerant, and unforgiving. By the way I don't think I welcomed you back - welcome smile

1. BDazzler profile image78

Hey Misha!  Thanks.  Don't know how long I'll be around this time, finally got a break and decided to come up for air.

I think I may go and have some red wine, though.  Misty's sounded good.

Great to see you BD, I wondered where you had vanished to, and yes, I agree, we are the greatest of friends regardless of our own religious beliefs smile

I'm still around, more or less, just a lot going on in my offline life!  Took a break, will probably have to vanish again soon ... great to see you too!

17. h.a.borcich profile image60
    h.a.borcichposted 14 years ago

I have friends that are pagan, wiccan, christian, nonbelievers, and some that I don't really know where they are on a spiritual path. The friendships are real.
    One of my dearest friends is a nonbeliever and I am grateful for her. Her knowledge of medical things saved my life twice. She never says I believe in a sky fairy or a psychotic little god, and I never try to save her soul.
    I have attended weddings that were either pagan or wiccan - not sure which - when they married. I am respectful and honored to be there for them.
    My "godson" is catholic and I attended all his rites through the church. I was the one in the back of the church the nuns thought was a lost soul.
    And my online friends are all over too. We don't keep our belief secret - it is in the open, but they don't drag what I hold dear in the mud nor would I do that to them.
    On these forums there are zealots of all kinds who cannot just allow others to be different from them. I was floored when I made my first post admitting I was a christian. I didn't tell anyone else they should be, or that they were going to hell or anything, yet I felt assaulted. And it bothered me. Now I just defend myself and I am ok with that.
      I certainly wish there was more tolerance and true debating rather than the attacking though. Holly

18. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Red one is always good, especially when it comes with Cindy. Hope you stay for a while. smile

big_smile

19. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

um, I thought christians were friends with all people?  Confused.

20. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

As long as the pagans do what their told , no problem!

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

lol

21. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Now theres a couple of fun loving women!

22. Stan Fletcher profile image60
    Stan Fletcherposted 14 years ago

Totally possible and common.  Jesus had lots of pagan friends.  Christians who can't befriend pagans and look down their noses at them are not representing their leader.

1. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

SSSSHHHHH!!! Don't say that we can still find an angle here!

2. avangend profile image59
      avangendposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Agreed.
      However, I do not think most Christians are this way. It is the loud few that give the entire group the negative stereotype. Whether you agree with the belief system or not, respect and tolerance is due to Christians as well. It is a two way street. Christians simply happen to be notorious for demanding that it be a one way boulevard.

23. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 14 years ago

Thank you, everyone, for all your responses!
    The site that started me thinking about all this calls witches "sick people" and then lists pagan and occult groups such as the Children of Artemis warning against them. I had a friend who is a Wiccan mail me to complain about this site and he had posted on it calling for "tolerance." Another witch had been upset by this and has posted saying so in great detail.
    The other site is by a fundamentalist Christian who goes as far as finding fault with countless Christians and their preachers for not following the correct ways of Christ. She also condemns witches and pagans and has upset an archdruidess who now has a thread going about this.

I am involved in it because I know all the people involved: the ones causing the offence and those who are offended. And as I say I actually had one of the offended people emailing me to express his upset.

Personally I think it is all a load of nonsense.

24. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Nobody can claim single ownership to the 'Man Upstairs' hmm I agree, keep religion to yourself and we can get along quite well.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So true Dame Scribe! smile

25. Arthur Fontes profile image74
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

Tolerance: sucks  "I hate you but I will tolerate you"  Yeah no thanks

Acceptance:  "I disagree with you but I accept that we think differently"

Much better

Brilliant. Never seen it put better.

1. Arthur Fontes profile image74
        Arthur Fontesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

26. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

So true.
    But as they're blinded by Religion, they will never see.

27. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Hate is the twin of murder

I dont hate anyone enough to murder them (maybe just rough the up a bit ,or alot) lol

Yep and I love God too wink guess Im human

28. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

What type of people check the religion before being or making friends ?

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well funnily enough I have ...and I havent

For instance I think all of us enjoy being around people more for have something in common with, but that doesnt need to be  inclusive , ya know  black n white.

My sister does not belive in God ( I do) but we have the most hilarious fun when we get together , maybe its our similar sense of humor ,but we laugh and think some similar things.

Then theres my new landlord , totally into Gothic and the paranormal ( Im not ) but hes helping me with some gardening tips ( because I suck basically ) lol , but when he talks about certain topics I disagree with , I just say , its not for me and asked him what interests him so much about it etc...
      He has told us so much about his past and even though he doesnt see God as I do .. he has knowledge I respect him for..

Lifes too short to have enemies ,and I prefer to use my energy for peace smile and eating lol

1. skyfire profile image79
        skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nicely put.

Religion formed way long after society. We were all together regardless of belief before forming religion. So let's hope world stays that way. 

and on that eating part, i prefer pizza and you ?

29. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Ya replied twice lol to the same post

30. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Oh I thought youd never ask..those 'all you can eat places' call to me ,caress my senses at least once a month ,and must be obeyed lol

( See my greedy pagan side is never far away , just try to keep it in check) lol

31. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Its possible for Christians to be friends with Pagans.
    It's just "friends".

I'm a Christian and have friends who are Muslims, Hindu etc it doesn't get in the way of our friendship.

32. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

Some of the best people I know are roman catholics. They know I am a pagan. We get along just fine. Now newborn Christians I don't think, but I don't know any so not sure.

33. profile image0
    Muldaniaposted 12 years ago

Yes, it is possible.  Christmas is a good example of what can happen when the two religions are combined.

34. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

I like Christmas. I just don't pay any attention to
    the Christian part.

1. profile image0
      Muldaniaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am neither Christian or pagan, but enjoy both aspects of Christmas, everything from the pagan symbols of holly and ivy to the story of the nativity.  To my Christian friends, I send Christmas cards, to my pagan ones, I wish them a merry yule.  Christmas is such a mix of celtic paganism, Judaism, Christianity, Saturnalia and the celebration of the birth of Mithras.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)