Have you ever wanted to find out more about DJ Funktual? Ask now!

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (33 posts)
  1. Ryan Hupfer profile image59
    Ryan Hupferposted 15 years ago

http://z.hubpages.com/u/501978_177.jpg
    ^ DJ Funktual in the house

Ok all of you Hubbers out there, DJ Funktual says that you all need to pay attention to this Forum post because he's decided to do something that no other Hubber has ever done before. Are you listening? smile

So you all know that the past few weeks we have really started to have some fun with the newsletter by doing things like allowing the showcased Hubbers to create their own 'All About Me' Hubs, which Whitney05  and Jerrico Usher both created with some of their own personal pizazz.

These Hubs are also sent along with some other questions that me and the rest of the HubPages team would like to know about the Hubber. We usually wait until the newsletter hits your Inbox before telling you who the showcased Hubber is, but this week the Hubber who is going to be showcased wanted to do things just a little bit differently. Which, if you know DJ Funktual, shouldn't surprise you at all.

What he wants you to do for his hubber showcase is pretty simple and can be broken down into 3 easy steps:

1. Check out his 'All About Me' Hub, by following the link below and learn a little bit about the man behind the huge personality of DJ Funktual:

http://hubpages.com/hub/My-Life-Story-i … 10-Minutes

2. After reading his Hub and looking at all of the amazing photos and videos that he has on there, we want all of you Hubbers to come up with some questions of your own that you would like to know about about the Funkalicious Hubber. Questions like 'Did you really live off of Ramen noodles through your twenties?' or 'Is that your real accent, or are you faking it' or even 'Was Billy Joel really like your uncle when you grew up?' (yeah, seriously). 

3. Post any questions about DJ Funktual that you would like to know right here in this Forum and we'll pick some of the best and 'most interesting' ones to include in the newsletter(along with a link back to your profile for helping). So, come up with some questions and get 'em posted...the more FUNKY, the better! smile

2. Ryan Hupfer profile image59

Here's some inspiration for all of you:

http://hubpages.com/u/523980_f520.jpg

That's DJ Funktual with his wife Paula...during the first weekend that they ever met.

Hey, at least she knew what she was getting into, right? smile

3. DJ Funktual profile image76
    DJ Funktualposted 15 years ago

Get the hell out?  This is Great!

Ryan Hupferposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yeah it is...I can't wait to see what questions you get thrown at you. smile

1. profile image0
        Anitha1978posted 15 years agoin reply to this

You have lived quite an amazing life so far and judging by  how you described your life in your hub seem happy how things turned out for you. If given a opportunity to go back to the past to change some stuffs. anything at all... what would that be? pls dont take the easy way out and say nothing. no one is perfect.. smile

Ahhh, the old 'What do you regret and would change' question...nice. smile

4. Dottie1 profile image62
    Dottie1posted 15 years ago

If I were asked to file you away in the library, where would I file you?

Good question and although I don't know what he'd be filed under, I sure know where he'd be filed...in something that looks like this:

http://www.colinthompson.com/graphics/Prints/bookshelf.jpg

1. profile image0
        Anitha1978posted 15 years agoin reply to this

X-FILES

5. Stacie Naczelnik profile image69
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 15 years ago

Where can you buy the best bagels on Long Island?  (I say it is a great place in Merrick, by the way.)

What's your favorite sublime song?

Weirdest thing you ever saw in Alphabet City?

Come on...who is the actress?  Don't leave us hanging.

1. DJ Funktual profile image76
      DJ Funktualposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The Actress is.....

Mandy Siegfried        http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0797435/

She played Meredith's pregnant half sister Molly on Grey's Anatomy.

Bagels Shops and sublime songs are like my children, I love them all!
      "Right Back" or "Badfish"

6. Ryan Hupfer profile image59

I have a simple one: Why DJ Funktual?

7. Research Analyst profile image73
    Research Analystposted 15 years ago

I would say that DJ you are a remarkable character, so if you could be a animated cartoon or comic, which character would you be? and why?

1. DJ Funktual profile image76

Ah, now this is one I can answer!   The character's tattooed to my calf

8. DJ Funktual profile image76

I like all of Stacie's Questions.  Can't wait to hear what the HubMob comes up with!

9. Research Analyst profile image73

Thats great, I look forward to seeing what your answer is.

10. Stacie Naczelnik profile image69
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 15 years ago

If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?  Why?

11. Dottie1 profile image62

Do you miss performing on stage?  You performed a lot in high school and college and seemed to have a passion for it.

12. DJ Funktual profile image76

This is fun!   I'll catch up with you guys later tonight.

13. Ryan Hupfer profile image59

Keep the questions coming, Hubbers....don't let him off too easy. smile

We'll be accepting questions up until the end of the day tomorrow, so send 'em on in if you've got 'em!

14. DJ Funktual profile image76

You hubbers are in for a treat tomorrow.  I smell Part 2...

15. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

DJ!!!

Don't answer all the questions HERE!

Save some for your hub!

That said:

How long does it take you to research and compile information for one of your fantastic amazing AWESOME series hubs?

DON'T ANSWER THAT HERE!!

I think that he got too excited and kinda forgot what this thread was for...

Funktual - we'll answer these in the newsletter, now you're spoiling the surprise. smile

2. DJ Funktual profile image76

okay sorry.  I got excited.  I'm working on a part 2 HubStory today so don't worry.

16. DJ Funktual profile image76

You guys are so funny!  DON'T WORRY!

Just because I already told you about
    Marijuana w/ Billy Idol,
    Being chased by Billy Joel,
    and dating Mandy Siegfried

doesn't mean I've run out of stories.

Don't forget to ask me if I've ever been to a gay bar !!!!!!

NOW THAT'S A STORY!

17. Research Analyst profile image73

I have a good one, if you could open up your own string of night clubs, what would you call them and what would be the theme?

18. Dottie1 profile image62

What are you thinking or feeling when someone asks you to play something good, something with a beat, something they can dance to?

(I can just imagine your answer now!!!!)

19. profile image0
    Anitha1978posted 15 years ago

DJ describe your most embaressing moment in your life
    When, where, what, how?
    When it happened? where it happened , How it happened and finally what happened??? lol

20. Ryan Hupfer profile image59

Any other questions for The Funkiest of Funk?

smile

21. DJ Funktual profile image76

sad

22. funride profile image68
    funrideposted 15 years ago

Hi Jamie, it´s nice to know you´re the featured hubber for this week wink. It´s well deserved!

Questions:
    Have you ever weight all your collection of music cd´s and dvd´s? Did you kept them all after all this years? List some of the discs you no longer have and which you miss the most.

BTW, I would also like to know the entire list of psychotropic substances you took in your life so far big_smile.

OK, OK, I know... this is a family site. And furthermore this last list would make an entire hub by itself lol.

This is great, September will be always remember as the FUNk month!!! smile

23. DJ Funktual profile image76

Thanks funride you rule!   

HERE'S part 2 and the answers to many of your questions

http://hubpages.com/hub/Who-Is-This-DJ- … ay--Part-2

Peace, Funk & Maddie Ruud

I'm out!

1. Maddie Ruud profile image73
      Maddie Ruudposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I like this, but I can't very well use it myself.  Maybe I can modify it to something like, "Peace, Love, & Funktual."  Put it on my business cards and as the sig on my emails wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)